The Real Housewives of Atlanta

• Please log in to reply

32263 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 2:49 PM

Please don't discuss NeNe's appearance on Dancing with the Stars here. It didn't happen on this show, so it's off-topic here. Dancing with the Stars has its own forum, so you can discuss her there. The DWTS forums are here, and NeNe has her own thread here. Thanks!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Mar 24, 2014 @ 2:34 AM.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Marlo started the feud with Kim by mentioning "Big Poppa" at the first party they all attended. The party that I am thinking about is the one where Kandi asked Marlo how she made her money.

Marlo was speaking of her own Big Poppas, and yes, we all have deduced that Marlo has watched the show. She was calling her tricks, I mean "men friends", Big Poppas. Kim thinks she has a patent on that name but guess what Kim? Everyone who is a Notorious B.I.G. fan has a jump on ya for the Big Poppa brand. I'm sure Lil' Kim would gladly set you straight on that one as well as kick your skank ass. And seriously, I have seen Sheree in more people's faces than Nene. She's fought with and stiffed just about every vendor she's ever scammed out of their business.

andme

andme

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

I have seen Sheree in more people's faces than Nene. She's fought with and stiffed just about every vendor she's ever scammed out of their business.

Yep, and she's a bully, too.

deadpanlady

deadpanlady

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

Word to the posters who are irritated with Kandi's OTT Angry Lady shtick. Her little sausage fingers, splayed out and waving around are too much.

luvpoppy

luvpoppy

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

Did I unfortunately miss a scene where Kandi beat Nene's ass with a vibrator? Seriously, Nene's hostility toward her was ridiculous. No one said she needed to talk about sex toys, no one said she needed to use them, and yet she acted as though somehow, somewhere, someone was trying to force them on her. She even had a temper tantrum about not wanting to use them despite the fact that no one on this show has ever tried to convince her otherwise. It's yet another example of this woman's extreme narcissism. She's seething with rage and envy because Kandi has nerve enough to be successful. And the fact that she couldn't even acknowledge Kandi's success is just proof positive that Nene is nothing more than the most basic of ratchet bitches. Can't wait to flap jaws about Versace this, Louis Vuitton that. She can't wait to tell everybody how "ri-ych" she is but can't force herself at gunpoint to give props to another. Her behavior is so pathetic it's almost infantile.

Also, where does that ignorant cartoon get off judging Sheree for the way she and Bob have acted during their divorce? Clown face, you're on tv rubbing your big ass up against a man who's greasier than a tub of hot lard, shaking your ass for handbags, all while airing the ups and downs of your divorce. Feel sorry for your own damn kids! Feel sorry for the fact that your son is so desperate for attention he's stealing toiletries from Walmart. Oh, and she was the one who brought kids into the equation when she brought up Sheree's. And did NENE really call somebody fat? That's rich coming from a moose wearing what looks like an old tattered yellow yarmulke on her head.

This!! So right on point! I don't get how NeNe get's all the play she does. Her behavior goes from one end of the spectrum to the other, where I liked her in S1, couldn't stand her in S2 when she fell out with Kim, and thought she was right on at times (like at Kandi's Bday party with that disgusting ridiculous stripper), but off base in others in this season, but now she has permanately landed in the unbearable zone. Just how did she become so riiich? She fights with everyone - Kim, Sheree, Kandi, LaToya,Star Jones, Dwight. In lieu of that, who wants to work with this loudmouthed, uncouth, narcissistic heffer. Seeing that she quit The Apprentice, I would think and hope that she wasn't paid that much and that her rep as a quitter would have hurt her. All she wants to do is tell people off like she's the only one with something to say. But she did have me crackin up whenever she said De-al-Do! I always thought that dildo was a 2 syllable word, Ha ha!

Yeah, this show has lost any redeeming value it ever had and they need to start fresh. Oh yeah, word to Kandi, Please, Please don't move a man into your house yet with a young daughter! Get hold of yourself, woman!

ToukieSmith

ToukieSmith

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:15 AM

Marlo was speaking of her own Big Poppas, and yes, we all have deduced that Marlo has watched the show. She was calling her tricks, I mean "men friends", Big Poppas. Kim thinks she has a patent on that name but guess what Kim? Everyone who is a Notorious B.I.G. fan has a jump on ya for the Big Poppa brand. I'm sure Lil' Kim would gladly set you straight on that one as well as kick your skank ass. And seriously, I have seen Sheree in more people's faces than Nene. She's fought with and stiffed just about every vendor she's ever scammed out of their business.

You are right, but I think Kim thought Marlo was slighting her which started the feud in the first place. Its all pretty stupid if you ask me because Kim knows what her game is so there is no need go on as if she has had only wedding night sex. And who really cares about what Marlo thinks anyway? I won't miss Marlo if Bravo decides not to extend her contract, but I will wish her well as she exits my screen.

I still have a slight interest in Kim: I want to see what her hair looks like; I want to see Kroy's family; and I want to see if my theory about Sweetie being let go as a plot point is true. Something tells me that Sweetie will be rehired after a huge confrontation and make up.

Kim has worked her angle to get featured housewife status, her own show, a hit song, a new husband and a new baby, but she could not put out a better lie concerning whether BP's money bought her furniture and Versace plates? She could have said that furniture was sold at her garage sale. Okay, maybe she is not as strategic as I thought. Maybe she is just lucky.

Kim and Nene are so alike its scary.

The only thing Sheree had going for her at the reunion was her hair, makeup, and dress. I think she was best dressed out of all the women. If only she could have sat there quietly. Maybe she can get back on the show by being a stylist for Kandi?

Edited by ToukieSmith, Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:16 AM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

Bingo. Birds of a feather, two sides of the same coin, whatever. This is also why their friendship constantly had issues.

Oh, and she was the one who brought kids into the equation when she brought up Sheree's.

I don't get why, but I guess it's okay for Kim and Sheree's children to be brought up either directly or indirectly during a fight, but Nene's cannot be. SMH. No one's children should be referenced at all.

And can someone help this twenty-something who is not into any of the pop. social networking sites? WTH is a timeline? Is it on twitter?

Edited by PharmGal10, Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:00 AM.

beansNcornbread

beansNcornbread

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:39 AM

I don't get why, but I guess it's okay for Kim and Sheree's children to be brought up either directly or indirectly during a fight, but Nene's cannot be. SMH. No one's children should be referenced at all.

It's okay because Nene will just yell over top of you if you say something she doesn't want to hear. The best way to shut her down is to make your point quickly with as few words as possible and then disengage. Kim is the only one who knows how to argue with Nene, the rest seem to get lost or too worked up. After Nene waxed "righteously" poetic about NOT bringing kids into it and how TERRIBLE an offense that is, Kim quickly pointed out that Nene went there with her on Twitter by asking about "baby daddies" and so she in fact DOES talk about kids. Nene was reduced to a defense of screaming and hollaring - none of which I could interpret - but it didn't matter because Kim had shut her down.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

This is very true, they are more alike than Kim and Sheree. I also never hear what Kim's saying because I always tune her out, she talks just as bad as she sings.

Kandi needs to stop dressing like a fifteen year old, that dress she wore at the reunion looked like it belonged in the junior department.

As for talking about children; if the children are going to be on the show then people will talk about them. I think there have been people on reality shows where the children were not allowed to be shown, to me that's the best.

I think NeNe made the point about "baby daddies" because let's face it, if a black woman had three children by three different men, I doubt BRAVO would give her her own show; maybe I'm wrong but that's my two cents.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 11:37 AM

Timeline is on Facebook.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

Timeline is on Facebook.

But originated on twitter. Kim/NeNe were talking about Twitter, PharmGal10.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

Timeline is on Facebook.

But originated on twitter. Kim/NeNe were talking about Twitter, PharmGal10.

Ahhh, thanks, NoPityFL and IvyDarling.

ridethemaverick

ridethemaverick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

Yeah ok, Sheree.

After weeks of speculation, Sheree Whitfield is exclusively confirming to Wetpaint Entertainment that yes, she is leaving The Real Housewives of Atlanta. After four seasons on the show, Sheree says her time on the Bravo series has run its course.

“After four solid seasons of helping Bravo build the show into its most successful Housewives franchise, I have decided to leave. The direction the show is going in is no longer a fit for my lifestyle. I’m tired of the fighting and the cattiness.”

“I want to be part of something that empowers and inspires women to not only be healthy, but to treat themselves with respect. I wish the rest of the women the best of luck. I’m thrilled to say I’m now a free agent and am already fielding offers.”
Sheree will continue to focus on her clothing line, She by Sheree. She’s also embarking on a new fitness venture to inspire people to live healthier lives.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

Yeah ok, Sheree.

HA! I thought the same thing. Sheree still putting out weak and tired lies. Everyone knows she was fired and girlfriend needs to stop.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

Sheree is really and truly delusional. She actually does think we can’t read. You can submit all the statements you want saying you quit because the show that “you, yourself” made the most successful Houswife franchise is no longer in your best interest. Bitch please!!! In the words of Donald Trump, “YOU’RE FIRED”. And I knew you read the boards. Good luck with your fitness venture. You should have started it 3 years ago.

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

I say, good for Sheree. She's hardly going to come out and say, "Yes, I was fired because Bravo doesn't like me any more."

People are often allowed to say "I quit" instead of "I was fired." So this is no surprise to me and I think she has every right to do so.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

I'm seriously asking (and I know it's not my problem or my business): how's she going to support herself? Forget Chateau Dirtpile, how about putting food in her kids' mouths and clothes on their backs? The show was her only source of income, right?

beansNcornbread

beansNcornbread

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

I'm seriously asking (and I know it's not my problem or my business): how's she going to support herself? Forget Chateau Dirtpile, how about putting food in her kids' mouths and clothes on their backs? The show was her only source of income, right?

For starters she can sell her $15,000 bags, start taking public transit, quit shopping and, oh yeah, get a job.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

She's tired of the fighting and cattiness? Fighting she instigated (pulling Kim's hair, lying about what Kandy and Cynthia said, for example)? Oh.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

For starters she can sell her $15,000 bags, start taking public transit, quit shopping and, oh yeah, get a job.

I mean, obviously. But what's also obvious to me is that she's not going to do any of that because she clearly feels entitled to a certain lifestyle, and also that a 40something with zero work experience and limited education (right? I don't think she went to college) will have a hard time walking into the work force, which is why I think fitness would be such a good idea for her. I think you need to pass a certification to be a trainer rather than getting a degree, but I don't think she thinks the fitness world is glamorous enough for her. I think she'll be trying to make She by Sheree happen again, which ... is maybe not the best idea.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

I think you need to pass a certification to be a trainer rather than getting a degree, but I don't think she thinks the fitness world is glamorous enough for her. I think she'll be trying to make She by Sheree happen again, which ... is maybe not the best idea.

Which is foolish. Jane Fonda made a series of fitness videos at the height of her career and made bank on them. She recently came out with a series aimed at the older generation. Jane has managed to remain glamorous throughout. A trainer's certification may take some time, but it's not that long. Sheree is foolish not to get into it. She could even pimp it off of RH fame. As for the wording in her press release, I think I would have given her a pass if she said they had decided to part ways and not taken a dis at the others for fighting and such. Considering Sheree was often in the middle of said cattiness and fighting she just looks even more foolish.

Missy Vixen

Missy Vixen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:42 PM

RE: Sheree's "resignation": I'll bet the phone's ringing off the hook with the other "offers".

It'll be quite an accomplishment to find a "workplace" as lenient as Andy Cohen and Bravo, won't it?

pretyonthesofa

pretyonthesofa

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

I could be wrong, but didn't Sheree's lawyer indicate she wasn't smart enough to complete college?

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

right? I don't think she went to college

I don't even think she completed high school because of her oldest daughter's birth - someone can correct me if I am wrong. During her divorce proceedings, she said her decision to stay at home and be a mother/wife meant she couldn't complete her education or learn a trade (and that's why Bob owed her...snort).

Badbolocolo

Badbolocolo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

Wow... Sheree's "resignation" almost makes me feel sorry for her again. She's a hot mess, but I hope she finds some sort of big break. I hope she wasn't waitng for Kim or anyone else to quit in protest over her leaving... Not.going.to.happen.

I agree with those who've said that Kandi needs a stylist. When you look at her clothing and imagine those dresses on someone else, they don't seems so bad. It's when SHE wears them that they don't look so hot. I have to say that Kandi is quickly becoming the "Vicki G (OC)" of Atlanta, for me. First her relationship with AJ -- and her mother's concern that he was using her and dragging her into the gutter (implied, if not stated on the show). Then the rumor that she's a sugar momma. Now she's moving in with some Bravo producer and bought a new, bigger, house that she says that she and the Bravo guy are moving into (I don't mean to be dismissive of him, I honestly can't remember what she said his name was).

I think Nene's loud tone is about not wanting to take garbage from the other HWs and wanting to shut them down before the fighting starts. I couldn't do it, and wouldn't want to, but it's a trait that nearly all of these women share (across cities). They seem to love yelling and screaming over top of one another. Phaedra is about the only person who doesn't seem to think that a decibel level of 180 is a normal discussion level.

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

I don't think most fitness videos are huge money makers at this point especially for someone like Sherree who is a marginal celebrity. At best she would get some kind of licensing fee but the real money is for the companies that actually do the infomercials.

Sherree frankly doesn't bring much to the table - there are countless other people who would be better suited to "front" a fitness workout tape. When Jane Fonda did hers, it was an iconic moment and she was pretty much the only and first game in town. Off the top of my head, Sherree should get in line behind people like the trainers for Biggest Loser; or Dancing With The Stars dancers or Gwyneth Paltrow/Madonna's trainer - or any of the more famous celebrities like Jennifer Hudson/Jessica Simpson who are known for having weight issues but have whipped themselves into shape. Or famous gym rats etc.

I don't begrudge Sherree being permitted to claim she resigned as that's standard operating procedure. However, as others have said, VERY low class to slam the other housewives and the tone of the show when she was right in the thick of things stirring up the animosity.

Marla Singer

Marla Singer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

I'm mad that no one called Nene out on the fact that she hosted an event featuring Ridickulous several years back. Her pearl clutching and anger at Khandi (and everyone else) just isn't fun to watch at all. I hope she's gone next season and Andy revamps the show cutting everyone except for Phaedra.

deadpanlady

deadpanlady

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 7:20 PM

Do tell, Marla Singer! Details, please?

Samantha84

Samantha84

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

I get where Nene was coming from - with age and time comes maturity and change. What she did 5, 10 years ago isn't something she's willing to do or be apart of today. She didn't look down her nose at Kandi, she simply said it's not for her. Kandi is the one getting offended and bringing up Nene's stripping proved what point exactly?
Quite frankly I'm with Nene, if this woman doesn't want a dildo in her ass or anyplace else why does that make her a hater or what have you. That stripper Ridickulous? Disgusting. I, as a woman, wouldn't hoop and holler over some man who can suck his own dick. I think now. I'm no prude either but that isn't sexy, to me, in the least little tiny bit.

I always thought the friendship contract was a joke that was blown completely out of proportion. Cynthia is Nene's friend and I guess to the rest of the gossiping, bring a bone/take a bone women on this show that makes her an ass kisser. I say it makes her a friend who doesn't talk shit about her friend behind her back.

Kim just works my nerve. For her to sit their and act better than anyone is hilarious. Not a few years ago she was some man's whore, spending his money, wearing an engagement ring, and proud of it.
Yes with tome comes maturity and change - but don't turn your nose up at the same shit you did. It doesn't make you better or above now.

Sheree's resignation is funny. I'm to believe that she quit a job (because that's what it is really) making 6 figures for some bullshit excuse she gave? She was the most gossiping catty one this season - all she did was bring a bone and take a bone. Whatever. I won't miss her. Hope Laurence sticks around.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

“After four solid seasons of helping Bravo build the show into its most successful Housewives franchise, I have decided to leave. The direction the show is going in is no longer a fit for my lifestyle. I’m tired of the fighting and the cattiness.”

Psssh, yeah okay. Toodles, boo!

Jane Fonda made a series of fitness videos at the height of her career and made bank on them.

Funny you should mention that as Jane and Phaedra have vacationed together and I read somewhere recently that Phaedra is trying to do the fitness thing. I would've never imagined her to be the one to follow in that path and I dont know how much truth there is to it but if she does then more power to her.

I have quite the like/want-to-strangle relationship with NeNe. She's steered clear of most of the ladies this season (Africa trip aside) and they had much to say about her so I'm not surprised that she was on the defense at the reunion but as usual her delivery is (too) raw. Sheree and Kim don't seem to be congratulatory over NeNe's success so her reactions to them I have no problem with and I'd question Kandi's sincerity if I was NeNe too. She may be 'over it' but I couldn't see a Season 5 without her though. Phaedra's Phantasy Phunerals can't carry it alone. While I'd like to see some women who have money, are actual wives and are handling business those women will probably run far in the opposite direction. Keshia Knight Pulliam? Single and not happening. Monica Brown? Nice try, Andy, but no. She had her own 'reality' show so I couldn't see her being part of an ensemble especially not with this current group. I'm sure she, Kandi and Phaedra would get along quite nicely though.

From NeNe's Bravo blog:

From the moment I sat down I knew I would be a target, but that never bothered me. All these ladies have negative things to say, and for some strange reason a lie sounds better than the truth. So for the record:

My veneers were done for free.
My house is in Lisa's name because my credit is bad.
I did Celebrity Apprentice for free.
I'm broke.
I'm still married.
All these girls are sweet little innocent bunnies who are just pleasant to be around and work with.

From Cynthia's blog:

Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it, and we have all been guilty of this. Taking the "I am very rich" craziness to the other girls was only good for one thing, which is exactly what you saw -- mean girls gone wild! It went from there to having no teeth, rotten teeth, eating teeth, having no house, no furniture, and whatever else was said. Um, mission accomplished? Again, we have all been guilty of this, so I was not trying to single Kandi out. The question was directed to her, and I gave my opinion

ITA. Kandi knew exactly what she was doing. Joke, my ass. She was straight up instigating. What reason would there be to bring up someone's name to people you know don't care for her? That aside, something tells me that Kandi's comment about "choking the hell" out of someone was about Kendra's two cents in the convo with Kim about taking care of Riley (this was said in response to the rehashing of African/black babygate for the 50-11th time).

Marlo as a person is not really my cup of tea but as a character I don't mind as long as she serves it to Kim in Part 2 since everyone else (save NeNe) is afraid to.

AuntiePam

AuntiePam

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

If Kandi hadn't become so defensive, NeNe might have shut her piehole. Kandi should have just said "You're right, sex toys aren't everyone's cuppa tea." Period. Instead she started in about NeNe's stripper past, which has nothing to do with anything in that conversation.