The Real Housewives of Atlanta

• Please log in to reply

32347 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 2:49 PM

Please don't discuss NeNe's appearance on Dancing with the Stars here. It didn't happen on this show, so it's off-topic here. Dancing with the Stars has its own forum, so you can discuss her there. The DWTS forums are here, and NeNe has her own thread here. Thanks!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Mar 24, 2014 @ 2:34 AM.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

And I donít think that makes me a prude either.

I don't think it makes anyone a prude if they aren't into Kandi's business. I just don't see the business itself as degrading and cheap.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

I feel bad saying this, but I sincerely doubt Cynthia's school will produce the kinds of models who would be given these international traveling opportunities.

I agree, I mean it's not like Cynthia is in New York or Paris. Do people come to Atlanta to become international models?

I don’t have a problem with Kandi having a sex toy business, she can have any business she wants, but I really don’t need to hear about Kandi pleasuring herself on airplanes and what not. It’s gross. She can keep that bit of information to herself. And I don’t think that makes me a prude either. Some things need to be kept private IMO. I’m not the least bit interested in her sex life or lack thereof.

Kandi's on a reality show. I think when you sign up for a show like that, not that much is private in your life. To me sexual pleasure isn't gross and I don't have issues about her talking about it; I would have issues with her talking about it on a family oriented show, but to me the "Housewives" shows are not entertainment for children. I'd rather hear about sexual pleasure than see full on brawls like the one at the christening on Real Housewives of NJ.

Edited by EndoKE, Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:18 AM.

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:21 AM

Do people come to Atlanta to become international models?

Probably not but there are agencies in secondary cities that can be mother agencies / feeders to New York and I don't think that Atlanta has such an agency at this time. I think that the raw talent is there, the real question is is Cynthia serious enough and capable of building that kind of agency.

Edited by Tafatia, Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:23 AM.

Pure Diva

Pure Diva

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

I don't think it makes anyone a prude if they aren't into Kandi's business.

I don't consider myself a prude & people who know me don't either. I have no issue with Kandi's business. My issue is that some of her comments (or "promotional conversations") just go too far off the map into being just plain crass. I've been to my share of 'toy' parties where people sold their wares to the women in attendance. The conversation was very frank. But to share your version of the "mile-high-club" with a national audience was too much. I want to throw plastic sheeting over my seat on my next plane ride now. Kandi could very well be the least attractive woman on the show (behind maybe Nene or Kim or maybe Phaedra's mom, so that last bit of info was a gross-out point for me. Yeah, I know it makes me shallow but... it is what it is.

It's kind of like Phaedra's stripper - I've been to my fair share of strip shows too, but he was over the top (and not in a good way). But it doesn't make me a prude because I found that particular stripper to be disgusting.

Finding Kandi as crude, crass or whatever doesn't make me a prude either.

Edited by Pure Diva, Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:26 AM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

I think though that Kandi's comments are more for the show. I mean some people need to be told how to use those toys.

Kandi could very well be the least attractive woman on the show (behind maybe Nene or Kim or maybe Phaedra's mom, so that last bit of info was a gross-out point for me. Yeah, I know it makes me shallow but... it is what it is.

I don't understand. Not only thin, tall beautiful looking people have sex. I think it's great knowing that since most people in the world are rather average looking, at least I think so.

Edited by EndoKE, Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:39 AM.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

The conversation was very frank. But to share your version of the "mile-high-club" with a national audience was too much. I want to throw plastic sheeting over my seat on my next plane ride now.

Thank you! I donít see any difference between what Kandi is describing and some guy in the seat beside me on a plane jerking off in my presence. Ewwww!!! People get arrested for that shit. Just look what happened to Pee Wee Herman. lol

yearoftheroostr

yearoftheroostr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

Kandi's on a reality show. I think when you sign up for a show like that, not that much is private in your life. To me sexual pleasure isn't gross and I don't have issues about her talking about it; I would have issues with her talking about it on a family oriented show, but to me the "Housewives" shows are not entertainment for children. I'd rather hear about sexual pleasure than see full on brawls like the one at the christening on Real Housewives of NJ.

I'll second this and add that I find said verbal and physical brawls (although entertaining) to be even more 'gross' than what amounts to a normal discussion about a part of a woman's sexuality. I surely hope that Kandi doesn't tone a thing down, unless the other Housewives are equally as willing to scale back on fisticuffs as well.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

They didn't mention Bar One, but they did claim all the classes at the Bailey Agency are full. Which I really don't believe, but whatever.

I guess the next logical question is "full of what?".

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

I think Kandi and the sex toy business is a YMMV kind of thing. I'm not a prude, yet I'm not comfortable discussing sex in a public setting. I don't think it's ladylike or classy. I understand that in order for Kandi to promote the business she has to put it out there, but I do think she goes too far at times. I feel like it's an issue where a lot of us will have to just agree to disagree:)

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

NeNe's been defending claims from doubters who don't think she and Gregg are really divorced and in a separate comment dropped this tweet:

Trust me, I would rather b a stripper than sleep wit all the dudes n the industry & still end up wit nobody! Well nobody worth Talkin abt

which was in response to Kandi's (and others') defense that she was a stripper and shouldn't be so up in arms about dildoes and greasy male masseuses.

Even though people have been "unfollowing" NeNe she's still the most followed of all the housewives so I doubt she really cares if people took issue with her "twitter people" remark.

Glamour has an article with the adult daughters of the Housewives and Tierra is included. She mentioned that she and Damon talked about the idea of doing a "reality" show and how a woman once approached her about a show about spoiled 20 somethings that Tierra was interested in. I would have never pegged her for the type to want to do a show since she seems boring (read: too normal and regular).

Edited by prmami, Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:19 PM.

Harry7045

Harry7045

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:13 PM

Just as I would not tolerate sitting or being in the presence of a masturbating male, I would not want to share space with a masturbating woman, either. For Pete's sake, if you're so self-involved that you'd think public masturbation is fine and dandy, Kandi, you need to meet up with some inmates who found out it wasn't.

beansNcornbread

beansNcornbread

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

Trust me, I would rather b a stripper than sleep wit all the dudes n the industry & still end up wit nobody! Well nobody worth Talkin abt

*snort*

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:35 PM

I don't believe for one second that Kandi would pull out a toy in the middle of a plane. I truly believe she said that in the moment and didn't mean it seriously, and imo, she is not akin to a gross man flashing his junk.

Kandi could very well be the least attractive woman on the show (behind maybe Nene or Kim or maybe Phaedra's mom, so that last bit of info was a gross-out point for me. Yeah, I know it makes me shallow but... it is what it is.

I find Kandi adorable and think she has a beautiful smile. Back in the day, all of my guy friends loved her in Xscape.

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

I don't believe for one second that Kandi would pull out a toy in the middle of a plane. I truly believe she said that in the moment and didn't mean it seriously, and imo, she is not akin to a gross man flashing his junk.

I totally agree with you as I think it was just joking around about how portable it is and then riffing on the absurd places it could be used. I doubt whether there are many women who are going to take this as a serious suggestion of when to use a sex toy.

I also think Kandi is fine looking although she might not have the classic beauty of Cynthia - but then who does. I am so totally in agreement with Ashley Judd on how insane our society has become in terms of setting impossible standards for females because it makes every woman - and especially girls and younger women feel bad. If Kandi somehow isn't *attractive* enough what in the world does that say to most women/girls who probably are less attractive - or at best on a par with.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

Kandi is hella cute when she doesn't have Woody Woodpecker hair and too-tight dresses.

Edited by Hamhock96, Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:34 PM.

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:36 PM

I think Kandi's cute too. Great smile. Shoot, I'd rank her #2 behind Cynthia and ahead of Phadera and Sheree and far far ahead of NeNe and Kim. Phadera is cute but she has sort of a moon face, Sheree looks harsh and masculine facially. NeNe is not an ugly woman, her style and makeup are always on point. I just wish she'd lose the blonde hair. She can't help that she's tall so I ain't holding that against her. Kim? Who the hell knows what she looks like underneath all that drag queen makeup and hair and exploding titties. Bleh. Least attractive by farrrrrrrr.

ToukieSmith

ToukieSmith

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:17 PM

I think all of the Housewives are pretty women. Now, that is not to say that some of them could use a makeover. I would like to see Nene with a different look and Kim really needs a makeunder. Kim's look is always a don't.

Sheree should be banned from wearing cigarette and skinny pants.

Marlo should get off my screen.

Edited by ToukieSmith, Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:17 PM.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

Kandi is hella cute when she doesn't have Woody Woodpecker hair and too-tight dresses.

I agree, I think all the HW's are attractive in their own way it's just that their styles are so extreme they border on clownish. Kandi and Phaedra dress completely wrong for their body type, NeNe sports brassy blonde hair, Kim wears the Texas debutante wigs, Sheree stays wearing those god awful long earrings and I can't really say anything about Cynthia, for the most part she always looks cute.

I do have to say though, Sheree's hair looked a hot mess the last couple of epi's. She looks like she's getting her weaves done at Super Cuts.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

Kim's look is always a don't.

She needs to stop setting her makeup gun to "whore".

Lucygirl2

Lucygirl2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

I find it absolutely hilarious that Marlo is calling Kim a whore... People who live in glass whorehouses paid for by someone else shouldn't cast stones.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

To me that was just Marlo bringing Kim back to planet earth since Kim (who threw jabs at Marlo first) seems to have amnesia when it comes to her past.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 1:54 AM

I find it absolutely hilarious that Marlo is calling Kim a whore... People who live in glass whorehouses paid for by someone else shouldn't cast stones.

Kim feels that since she roped horsey face Kroy she can be call someone out for the same behavior she flaunted for three years. Kim is a complete hypocrite regarding her comments about Marlo. Kim came out guns blazing about Marlo with her OTT "Hole" comment in her TH. I have no problem with Marlo calling her out. Kim bailed on Big Poppa when she saw his money was running dry. It's been publicized that BP started having serious financial issues around the time Kim started saying she "Just wasn't happy/Needed More"..blah blah. I think Kim is full of shit. I am not Team Marlo but Kim acting like she has a problem with sleeping with men for money is redamndiculous.

Badbolocolo

Badbolocolo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

To me that was just Marlo bringing Kim back to planet earth since Kim (who threw jabs at Marlo first) seems to have amnesia when it comes to her past.

You are preaching to the choir, here! When Andy gets the stones to call a HW out on a lie, that's saying something! She attacks one of the other HWs for 'dissing' her husband? She's doing that DAILY! Kroy sits on BPs furniture and eats off of BPs dishes. I can't imagine Kim loving Kroy more than she loves those things if she could do this to him.

Kandi acts like she has shame about what she's doing. From the Bravo clip, Nene didn't say anything that was condemning of Kandi's business. She said that it's not for her, that's it. Why should that bother Kandi? Why is she so defensive? Kandi has been around the adult entertainment business for a while (her deceased fiance Aj, R.I.P, owned a strip club). Kandi bragged about his 'businesses', I just can't remember if she admitted he owned a strip club (or clubs?). Kandi is so open on one hand and so closed on the other.

She's an adult woman who pays her own bills, who lives a clean life, and who seems to know what she wants. She needs to claim her crap and quit faulting Nene for how she feels about what she's doing. Do it and be proud or STHU! I hope she's different next season because Kandi was a whiner and a crank this season. Kissing up to Kim made her seem weak. Kandi acts as if she needs these women more than they need her.

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

My take on it is that Kandi wasn't strictly responding to what Nene was saying at the reunion, but more to Nene's overall stank attitude in the season finale. I agree with Kandi that Nene definitely had an "above-it-all," "Well, I never!" attitude on the show that is disingenuous, to say the least. Maybe Nene and Kim really are alike, because they both love to get high and mighty once their social/professional profile has elevated a bit.

Traylee

Traylee

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

I think the whole reason why she never pursued promoting fitness as a business is because it isn't glamorous and sophisticated enough for her image.

If Sheree had any business savvy or any sense at all she would've found a way to make fitness glamorous and sophisticated. As pretentious and haughty as Sheree is, I have no doubt she could pull it off. SMDH

I don't understand. Not only thin, tall beautiful looking people have sex. I think it's great knowing that since most people in the world are rather average looking, at least I think so.

Agreed, and I just can't fathom what her appearance or gender have to do with whether or not she should talk about sex. Frankly, I think it would be rather ludicrous for a person marketing sex toys to be any less than brutally honest about her products. She can't tiptoe around the topic or act all coy and shy about a product she's trying to sell, nor would anyone expect her to do so if she were a man. Sigh.

Also, imo, Kandi was clearly joking about using the toy on a plane.

She attacks one of the other HWs for 'dissing' her husband? She's doing that DAILY! Kroy sits on BPs furniture and eats off of BPs dishes. I can't imagine Kim loving Kroy more than she loves those things if she could do this to him.

Women should throw out all furniture and items accumulated during their past relationships so that they don't offend their new mates? Honestly, if a dude has such fragile sensibilities that he's offended by such things, a smart woman would simply leave his pearl-clutching ass alone. I can't imagine if/when Nene finds a new man, she'll get rid of all the stuff Greg bought when they were together. As ignorant as she is, she's not that stupid.

Maybe Nene and Kim really are alike, because they both love to get high and mighty once their social/professional profile has elevated a bit.

THIS! They all love to pretend they're don't do X five minutes after they've done it, or five minutes before they're about to do whatever behavior they just found so abhorrent. I agree that Kim and Nene are probably the worst offenders, but Cynthia, Kandi, Phaedra, and Sheree are certainly hypocrites in their own right.

lilshorty

lilshorty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

Kandi acts like she has shame about what she's doing. From the Bravo clip, Nene didn't say anything that was condemning of Kandi's business. She said that it's not for her, that's it. Why should that bother Kandi? Why is she so defensive? Kandi has been around the adult entertainment business for a while (her deceased fiance Aj, R.I.P, owned a strip club). Kandi bragged about his 'businesses', I just can't remember if she admitted he owned a strip club (or clubs?). Kandi is so open on one hand and so closed on the other.

It's not just that. In the last episode, Nene said something along the lines of (but don't quote me)that Kandi will get excited if you bring up discussion about a "vajayjay" and that all there was to Kandi was sex talk. Nene said she preferred to have an intellectually stimulating conversation with people implying that beyond sex talk and music Kandi lacked depth. While Nene is entitlted to her own opinion, IMO, Kandi has every right to get offended with Nene about that. Just because she talks about sex and her music (her two passions in life) all the time doesn't make her any less profound than someone whose claim to fame is "keeping it real" on a reality TV show about the wealth and success of Atlanta's so-called "elite".

Isabelledarling

Isabelledarling

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

Kandi is the only one with any sense in the whole group. I adore her.

Babiicakes

Babiicakes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

Kandi acts like she has shame about what she's doing. From the Bravo clip, Nene didn't say anything that was condemning of Kandi's business. She said that it's not for her, that's it. Why should that bother Kandi? Why is she so defensive?

That annoyed me too. I get Kandi being upset but she's thrown some shade too. I find it to be such a simple-minded approach to think that because someone used to strip that they're open with their sexuality. There's an overwhelming amount of porn stars that have talked about not being very sexual people, not being aroused by their work and preferring a completely different kind of sex/intimacy in their personal life. Not to mention the pervasive theory (that I don't necessarily agree with) that sex workers have been abused in their past which totally falls in line with being outwardly sexual but more reserved with their private sexuality. I actually find that saying someone used to strip and "bend over and shake their ass" two decades ago seems pretty sex negative. So it's ok to be open about sexuality when talking about masturbation and sex toys but if it's not someone's cup of tea now you're going to shame them about their sexuality 20+ years ago? I don't know, I just found Kandi's snipe very distasteful, as if only certain types of sexuality are appropriate.

I also didn't like her TH where she acted like Nene ended all the peace established in Africa. Sheree stirred shit and ruined that before they even left Africa and Kandi had only seen Nene once since then at Phaedra's function. I think they even sat and the same table and talked a little.

Women should throw out all furniture and items accumulated during their past relationships so that they don't offend their new mates? Honestly, if a dude has such fragile sensibilities that he's offended by such things, a smart woman would simply leave his pearl-clutching ass alone.

I don't know if this is how Badbolocolo feels, but I can see how it'd be kind of uncomfortable because these are things that she stashed for the purpose of using or selling once she and BP were over. I can see how it'd be kind of icky to have your house stocked possessions your mate basically received as compensation for screwing a married man. "Hey love, don't you like our new bed? All I had to do to get it was have a a threesome!" If I were Kroy, it'd also make me wonder if she was doing the same thing with me. She claimed to love BP but when the well ran dry she had storage units full of gifts from him ready to sell, so what could she be doing with Kroy's gifts? Is she going to be sitting down with some other man in three years telling him "You know, nobody would have left the situation I was in. I was married to a football player and he bought me lots of things, but I just wasn't happy"?

Traylee

Traylee

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

I can see how it'd be kind of icky to have your house stocked possessions your mate basically received as compensation for screwing a married man. "Hey love, don't you like our new bed? All I had to do to get it was have a a threesome!" If I were Kroy, it'd also make me wonder if she was doing the same thing with me.

I honestly see not a dime's worth of difference between Kim bringing to their new home things she bought when she was with BP and someone bringing with them things they bought in a past relationship. What you see as compensation for sex, I imagine Kroy sees as gifts from a former mate. Kroy doesn't hate Kim and so he doesn't view her every move as being part of some nefarious plot to rob him blind. From his vantage point (and frankly mine too), they're just things she brought from a past relationship. Sure, Kroy may wonder if she was just using him too but even if she threw out all the shit she got from BP, he'd still have that worry just as any guy who dates Nene or Sheree might wonder if she's only with them for money too. On a practical note, it would be dumb as hell to throw out thousands of dollars in furniture just to appease some dude's fragile ego. Kroy appears comfortable enough in his manhood that he doesn't need to run around feeling threatened by furniture.

While Nene is entitled to her own opinion, IMO, Kandi has every right to get offended with Nene about that. Just because she talks about sex and her music (her two passions in life) all the time doesn't make her any less profound than someone whose claim to fame is "keeping it real" on a reality TV show about the wealth and success of Atlanta's so-called "elite.

Nene is about as intellectually stimulating as a rotted out potted plant. She's a completely useless, vapid, violent, bullying stereotype who'd sell what's left of her dignity for a shot at celebrity. She has no right to look down on Kandi who actually worked for her fame, who's actually accomplished something other than impressing some crusty old fool by wrapping her legs around a pole. I think she's actually jealous of Kandi because Kandi has gravitas in the recording industry and doesn't need to hang out at a restaurant bar pretending to be friends with passing celebrities. Kandi's got her own money and doesn't need to let some patronizing grease ball paw all over in exchange for gifts. I think it makes Nene mad as hell that Kandi doesn't have to degrade herself for money because in some form or fashion some piece of Nene is always up for sale.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 7:18 PM

Traylee, you give Nene too much credit. She doesn't analyze it at all; she's just jealous and hateful toward anyone she isn't sucking up to for some kind of gain. She thinks she's Halle Berry at least and the other ho-wives are beneath her. You know, she has an Equity card.