The Real Housewives of Atlanta

• Please log in to reply

32357 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 2:49 PM

Please don't discuss NeNe's appearance on Dancing with the Stars here. It didn't happen on this show, so it's off-topic here. Dancing with the Stars has its own forum, so you can discuss her there. The DWTS forums are here, and NeNe has her own thread here. Thanks!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Mar 24, 2014 @ 2:34 AM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 2:49 PM

I'm not going to be able to stomach the wedding either. I think the fact that Kim's pregnant again so soon after the first baby is just... She's really trying anything, isn't she?

I'm not watching either. I think Kim's just trying to extend her 15 minutes. Maybe she's hoping for a multiple birth so she can get a show like "Jon and Kate"?

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

I'm with you, also it's only thirty minutes, so that is a plus as well.

30 minutes?!? That's funny to me because I don't believe Bravo does a whole lot of half hour reality shows. Wonder if this indicates that at least Bravo is aware that an hour of Kim is entirely too long or that there just wasn't much material there. Seriously, how many times can they show Kim doing absolutely nothing but complaining that she is so busy, stressed and has so much on her plate while getting her wig ironed and handling off her child rearing duties to whoever happens to be standing close? I think I spotted Wigmaster Derek J in the preview so I guess he will be her wig wrangler for the wedding festivities. Maybe rumors of their falling out were false, greatly exaggerated or happened after the fact.

I can't say whether or not I will watch. I am Bravo's ho but I have to admit that I ain't hoeing as hard for Bravo lately. Their offerings lately have been underwhelming and have the stench of producer driven drama to them. I also am no fan of Kim. I might peek in on the show and/or keep up on the details by reading recaps and comments. Judging by the previews it looked to me like the audience might get a look at what Kim looks like sans wig so I have to admit that is enticing me to at least tune into that 1 episode.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

I'm with you, also it's only thirty minutes, so that is a plus as well. I am not brimming with excitement like I was the RHoBH (before the tragedy), but I saw the preview and it looks better than the RHoA preview, and hopefully it will be better than this season of RHoA. I know its contrived, but there were some snippets that piqued my interest like the dog wig, meeting the out-of-town in-laws, antelope stew and that Hollywood wedding planner guy.

Exactly! I don't care for Kim at all, but I like wedding enough to tolerate hers; plus, I am curious to see what Kroy's family is like.

It's not that serious for me to take an actual stand and not tune in.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

I saw a commercial for this Sunday's episode and I am hoping and praying that Cynthia doesn't back down when Kim confronts her and beats the dead horse for the ten thousandth time. Everyone except NeNe treats Kim with kid gloves and it is so incredibly annoying. I hope Cynthia owns what she said and tells Kim she meant every damn word of it.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Everyone except NeNe treats Kim with kid gloves and it is so incredibly annoying. I hope Cynthia owns what she said and tells Kim she meant every damn word of it.

I hope so too, but I doubt very much this will happen. Cynthia has already proven on many occasions that she’s very non-confrontational (except with her sister Mal) and will flip flop in a heartbeat to keep from having to argue with someone. She is the total opposite of Nene. The way Kim approaches her in the previews makes her look very intimidating too. It would be so nice to see Cynthia tell her to kiss her ass and walk away.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 6:04 PM

I saw a commercial for this Sunday's episode and I am hoping and praying that Cynthia doesn't back down when Kim confronts her and beats the dead horse for the ten thousandth time. Everyone except NeNe treats Kim with kid gloves and it is so incredibly annoying. I hope Cynthia owns what she said and tells Kim she meant every damn word of it.

From Kim's need to defend NeNe from Cynthia over the 'friend contract' (and the alleged Single Black Female-ness of it all) to the swipes about her and Peter's marriage, Kim has definitely dished it out. I hope Cynthia doesn't cave in either.

NeedISayMore

NeedISayMore

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

Is there any chance that this woman is a decent parent? (hopeful)

Kim is quite the slug, and her parental choices as it relates to her affairs with men are questionable, but I've never questioned her love and devotion to her kids. She said awhile ago she wanted more kids and she has done so, seemingly very happy about it. I thinks she really likes being a mama.

njmama

njmama

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

Soooooo does this mean Kim will need twice as many nannies, personal chefs, housekeepers, personal assistants, etc etc cause she's so overwhelmed??? That's good Kim. Keep poppin' em out. You can't handle the one infant you already have.

Kim said that this pregnancy was planned, to me that suggests that she is over RHoA and either wants her own show and / or to be Mrs. Kroy Biermann full-time.

When KJ was 5 min old and she went to her first post-baby RHOA event, Cynthia's modeling agency opening, she was already talking about Irish twins so I think she was on a mission. She also wanted to prove her psychic right I'm sure. She's known for saying "well my psychic said we're having another so" whenever anyone commented on KJ. She makes me ill, sloth that she is.

That said, I'll probably watch the wedding, LMAO. ONLY to see Kroy's family and what they think of Kim. Kim's parents are just weird to me.

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

One of the previews for whorebag's wedding showed a guy with a blurred out face standing out in the driveway and Kim in the window saying something like "oh god, I can't believe he's here". I hope their fake storyline/contrived drama doesn't include blurring out a random guy's face and pretending that big poppa showed up to her wedding because everybody knows that would be some bullshit of the stankest order. Ain't no way big poppa is pining for her. Girls like Kim are a dime a dozen for men like BP. And Kroy for that matter.

CarmelEyes

CarmelEyes

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

I know I will NOT be watching Kim's spin-off. I already FF her segments on RHoA; so, it won't make sense for me to subject myself to 30 straight minutes of her absurdity. But, I would be interested in seeing how she looks without those hat-wigs; so, maybe someone can post a link here IF they run across a pic...

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

I don't want to watch the show at all because I don't want to support anything Kim does because I don't think she deserves 1/8 of what she has. I did manage to miss the last episode that was solely of her and Kroy. It shouldn't be too hard to miss this one also. If drama does go down, I'm sure I can catch it on any of the 20 other times Bravo airs it.

Edited by swankie, Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:42 AM.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:39 PM

Ain't no way big poppa is pining for her. Girls like Kim are a dime a dozen for men like BP.

I wouldn't say that. Rich men can get laid any time they want, but they don't generally set women up unless there's something specific about THAT woman. I'm not a Kim fan, but I'm confident BP was getting something pretty special out of the relationship, however off-putting it is to contemplate what that was.

I do think she is in love with Kroy, and as much as I raise an eyebrow at how she behaves around her kids, I think they seem mentally healthier and better adjusted than many other reality freak show children. With as much as she's done wrong, she's done a lot right.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

I do think she is in love with Kroy, and as much as I raise an eyebrow at how she behaves around her kids, I think they seem mentally healthier and better adjusted than many other reality freak show children. With as much as she's done wrong, she's done a lot right.

I can see it both ways. On the one hand Kim does take good care of her children in a physical and financial sense. Unlike Sheree, Kim's girls were never sleeping on air mattresses so she could rock 10k purses. However I do think Kim has created a dynamic where both her daughters have serious daddy issues and I don't think allowing them to become attached to BP and then to Kroy so quickly was healthy. On Kim and Kroy's second date her one daughter was telling him she loved him and I notice both girls call him "daddy" even though they've barely been together a year. I just wonder what will happen when this relationship inevitably crashes and burns and the girls lose another father figure.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

I think they seem mentally healthier and better adjusted than many other reality freak show children. With as much as she's done wrong, she's done a lot right.

Her girls are surprisingly very well-adjusted. They can be lazy and mouthy (well, Brielle can be), but you can tell they love their mother and are fond of Kroy. Brielle has obvious daddy issues though based on how much she broke down during her speech at the baby shower. It would do her a world of good to see a therapist, even if it's for a few sessions.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

I wonder if Kim’s mom has some sort of disease because I saw those pictures of her when she was younger and even then her face looked like saggy skin over nothing but bone with no meat in between…basically how she looks now. Before I saw those pics, I thought maybe she was just aging really badly, but she looks the same now as she did then. I’ve seen 95 year olds that look younger than her.

MsLawDawg

MsLawDawg

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

I totally agree. Kim needs another wig snatching. Well, not actually, but she needs someone to call her out. Cynthia, Kim is not Peter. You can stand up to her and the viewers would love to watch her squirm.

Kim with another baby is absurd if she intends to stay on this show. Another season of her lying abed, yelling out orders to everyone, complaining about pregnancy, etc. has what's kept me from watching as much as I usually do. But Kim has been a one-hit wonder and I think she's just tired of having to put forth any effort to hustle for money, now that she's married Kroy and banked her Big Poppa furniture, etc. I'll say this--she has a Ph.D. in how to make the most money by doing the least work.

I'll agree that Kim does pamper her daughters and seems to have a close relationship, but it's more as in "I tell my girls EVERYTHING", like a friend than a parent. Also, if she weren't with Kroy and birthing babies, we'd see her getting ready for a typical night on the town and leaving them with a babysitter. (Remember last year when they cried over Sweetie leaving with Kim?) I really do feel sorry for both of them, as I agree that those girls have serious "daddy" issues. I can't believe with all of the money that Kim's acquired by various means over the years that she hasn't taken them to counseling. I just don't think she's that deep. Kroy may have further complicated matters for Kim's daughters in that he's shown them how a father should be, both with KJ and them. He may not be the brightest bulb on the porch, but at least he seems to want a happy family. How long that will last with Kim, who knows? And as excited as they were about KJ, I wonder if they may feel left out with yet another baby in the picture.

I thought maybe she was just aging really badly, but she looks the same now as she did then. I’ve seen 95 year olds that look younger than her.

Kim's mom may really be 95, which in Kim years would work out to be around 55. I'll agree that she doesn't look healthy, but usually I can't get past Kim's dad to even notice. He's like a bad sitcom character come to life.

lilshorty

lilshorty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

I'll be tuning in for the wedding. Kim is my second favorite housewife on RHOA behind Kandi and I don't even really dig her (Kim) like that, which says A LOT about how I feel on the rest of the ladies. But, what can I say? I guess I'm Bravo's bitch and anything they're showing I'm going to watch regardless of how tacky and trifling it's going to be.

Edited by lilshorty, Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:44 PM.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:23 PM

I think they seem mentally healthier and better adjusted than many other reality freak show children. With as much as she's done wrong, she's done a lot right.

I think the jury is still out on that one. Kim's daughters are still pretty young; I'd like to see what happens when both of them are say around nineteen and twenty. Also the fact that Kim's daughters might be healthy has nothing to do with Kim as I have seen plenty of good parents raise knucklehead children and vice versa.

Badbolocolo

Badbolocolo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

I don't wish Kim ill. I hope she and Kroy spend the rest of their lives together having as many children as they care to have. I just refuse to support her while she uses her marriage for fame and money. She used the first several seasons of this show to help Big Poppa hurt and humiliate his wife and family. She shows ZERO remorse for that, even pulling out all the crap he bought her to furnish her new home. Sleazy... really sleazy.

Phaedra loves and adores that child of hers, and she should. Every mom should love her child/children that much. It's just that Phaedra can really take things too far. What infant needs 12 cakes? That wasn't for Ayden, that was purely for Phaedra. Given her utter devotion to her son, I can't believe that she didn't continue the Greek Mythology theme... "Zeus"... son of "Phaedra" and "Apollo". When poor Ayden starts dating, I pity anyone he brings home. I can't imagine Phaedra seeing anyone as good enough for her son. For his sake, I hope she gets over her need to make him the center of the entire universe.

ETA: Sheree? Tacky and RUDE! You don't attend a birthday party for a one year old and then whine about how bored you are and that you wish you had a drink. Sheree tears down almost every event she attends. She is terribly miserable and should work on finding a real career rather than trashing the lives of almost every other person around her.

Edited by Badbolocolo, Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:28 AM.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

ETA: Sheree? Tacky and RUDE! You don't attend a birthday party for a one year old and then whine about how bored you are and that you wish you had a drink. Sheree tears down almost every event she attends. She is terribly miserable and should work on finding a real career rather than trashing the lives of almost every other person around her.

Sheree is just a Negative Nelly. It was a birthday party for a one year old, of course it's going to be boring as heck, but you suck it up because you're there to support your friend.

One thing I found interesting about the last episode is in regards to the Tiara/Bob relationship. Why would Tiara still be in contact with him if he was such a douche and wasn't supporting her brother and sister? Obviously she's close enough to him that she felt comfortable having her fiance speak to him about proposing, so what's the deal? I just wonder to what extent Sheree has misrepresented the facts of her divorce.

Harry7045

Harry7045

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

I shopped at the local Sephora yesterday, and DBTFTP was playing over the store loudspeakers. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Traylee

Traylee

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

Kroy's in full control of his penis. Kim didn't get pregnant without him. He's been with Kim over a year now - at this point, he's well aware of what he got himself into so I can't feel bad for him. Honestly, I hope it works out for them.

Amen, he's not some little boy being molested. He knows who Kim is even better than we do. I'm not about to feel sorry for a grown ass man who knew better than the average person about who he was getting involved with (there's hours and hours of her show available to watch), chose not to wear a condom with her and then married her. For whatever reason, he's happy with Kim and is choosing to have more kids with her. She didn't impregnate herself, so I think it's a little misogynistic to act as if Kim is some kind of evil succubus and Kroy is an unwitting victim. Please. It's like these silly ass politicians and preachers who act like men are just powerless to their penises and have no choice but to try to hump every woman in their path while a woman who has sex outside of marriage is a prostitute who should be stoned in the street.

Also the fact that Kim's daughters might be healthy has nothing to do with Kim as I have seen plenty of good parents raise knucklehead children and vice versa.

Following that logic, no one should ever get credit for their children because they could've just lucked up and gotten great children nor should anyone be blamed when their children behave like animals. Considering she's raised her kids by herself until Bravo came along, I'd say she gets the credit as well as the blame for whomever they turn out to be.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

The preview for Sunday is on now and Phaedra is so ridiculous to me with her OTT antics. Also, Can she get through an episode without downing Apollo?

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Phaedra got me hip to the 'sip and see' but I dunno about this. It looks like a dedication/blessing ceremony different from a baptism, right?

OTT indeed.

I don't agree with a man needing to go damn near in debt for an engagement ring.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 6:17 PM

I saw a commercial for this Sunday's episode and I am hoping and praying that Cynthia doesn't back down when Kim confronts her and beats the dead horse for the ten thousandth time. Everyone except NeNe treats Kim with kid gloves and it is so incredibly annoying.

I personally think it's dumb as heck that people on this show keeps confronting other people on the show about what's being said. They all talk about each other very often. Cynthia talks trash about Kim, Kim talks trash about Cynthia. Neither really has a right to confront the other.

Phaedra got me hip to the 'sip and see' but I dunno about this. It looks like a dedication/blessing ceremony different from a baptism, right?

Yes, the baby is presented to the congregation and the pastor blesses the child. The parents promise to raise the child in a God-fearing household and make sure they follow Christian teachings. Unlike a baptism, holy water is not poured on the baby's head. Most everyone I know was dedicated as a child, including myself, and it is a common practice.

Badbolocolo

Badbolocolo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

LaffyTaffy, I'm with you. Something isn't right with Sheree's story. She seemed to really stumble over saying that Bob hasn't given her any support for their children. I wonder if she really means that he hasn't given her what she wants by way of support.

Even if Bob isn't giving her money, directly, I hope he really is taking care of his children. Sheree didn't win the settlement she wanted in her divorce, but it should have been enough to buy a decent home and give her family SOME sort of stability.

As for Tierra, didn't Sheree try to pass her off as the nanny in the first season? (Or was it personal assistant?) I would maintain a relationship with Bob, too, under those circumstances.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

Thanks for the info, PharmGal10. I was raised RC so I was baptized as a baby and wasn't part of any other presentations in front of the church until I received my first Communion at 7.

As for Tierra, didn't Sheree try to pass her off as the nanny in the first season?

I think Tierra wasn't on the first two seasons. I thought she might've been away at school in Alabama. Here's what sparked it all. Essence magazine captioned Tierra as a "family friend."

Sheree responded a while back saying it was an error on the magazine's part. Clearly MMV since this is Sheree we're talking about.

Dee Clutter

Dee Clutter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

Sheree responded a while back saying it was an error on the magazine's part. Clearly MMV since this is Sheree we're talking about.

Absolutely. She just didn't want to appear to be old enough to have a daughter Tierra's age.

As for the engagement, I am certain that it's producer-driven. Boyfriend will get a free ring -- and then he and Tierra will hock it for something they really need. Why? When Sheree asked him why he wanted to get married, he commented (IIRC), she was the kindest woman he had ever met. Uh... this makes it sound like they're "just friends" as some have suggested.

carolina_cutie

carolina_cutie

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

I am not on #TeamKim and never have been. She has shown multiple examples of the attributes applied to her on TWOP...Sloth, Greed, Pride, etc.

I hope that Kroy will have a positive influence on her add perhaps help her evolve into a less self-centered person.

Also agree with poster who said Kim's dad is like a sitcom character...an animated one! LOL!!!

Edited by carolina_cutie, Mar 25, 2012 @ 2:13 PM.

Happycatisfine

Happycatisfine

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 4:18 PM

The water park 1st year birthday party for the Prince of Atlanta was held there because, if sources are correct, the water park was named after a phamous aunt of Phaedra's. I don't know why Bravo edited that piece of info out, I'm sure Phaedra wanted it known that she is of Gainesville royalty.

From what I see on this show, Kim is a loser. She has taught her daughters that being a whore for a married man is okay. She was fucking a married man, who had children old enough to know, and living off him! She gets no pass from me, and I cannot wait till her 15 minutes are up. I can't imagine a show more boring than watching this slug pregnant again.

Edited by Happycatisfine, Mar 25, 2012 @ 4:23 PM.