The Real Housewives of Atlanta

• Please log in to reply

32316 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 2:49 PM

Please don't discuss NeNe's appearance on Dancing with the Stars here. It didn't happen on this show, so it's off-topic here. Dancing with the Stars has its own forum, so you can discuss her there. The DWTS forums are here, and NeNe has her own thread here. Thanks!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Mar 24, 2014 @ 2:34 AM.

essinad

essinad

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

Sheree is straight up jealous of her daughter. Tierra and beau have been together 6 years! That's pre-Housewives "fame" -- and before Sheree would even acknowledge she had an older daughter. (Remember "my friend") It's not like Tierra is out there chasing whatever ball player looked at her twice. *cough*Bob Whitfield*cough* Tierra has a J-O-B. As long as that's the case, she doesn't have to worry about air mattresses and dirt piles.

Remember last season when Sheree bought (on credit) Tierra that living room suite? Can anyone confirm that's the same furniture we saw in this episode? Just checking, because Sheree's lavish purchases have a way of disappearing...

Sheree's daughter reminds me of Bobbi Christina, with the huge forehead and thick layer of foundation.

Yes. I was thinking the same thing.

LOL @ Duh-wight in a full suit and make-up at a water park when it's about 90 degrees out.

Edited by essinad, Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:54 AM.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

My first reaction was that Phaedra was parking in a handicapped spot, but that wasn't the typical wheelchair icon -- the logo looked like a blue suitcase or something. Could it have been a "mothers with babies" type spot? Though usually that shows some kind of carriage. Maybe it was just reserved parking for the Mason Lodge where he was giving his speech?

Those of you with big HD tvs maybe could make out the actual signs better. Or maybe that's what handicapped spaces look like in Atlanta.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

Maybe I need to watch the episode again, but it did not look like a wheelchair icon on the sign.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

12 birthday cakes for a 1 year old? Did you not learn any sort of humbleness or humility from your trip to the S.African orphanage?

FWIW, Ayden's birthday is in May and the South Africa trip wasn't until late July/early August so the storyline editors may be to thank for that. Then again, I wouldn't put it past Phaedra to hold off on celebrating his birthday until later to make it a spectacular event.

I laughed when Apollo's introduction included the phrase "incarcerated for a white collar crime" - I see Phaedra's hands all over that introduction!

I thought the same thing. LOL

I saw the first commercial for Kim's show. This may be the first HW spinoff that I have no interest in seeing at all. Oddly enough, she has a fanbase so I couldnt' see the ratings being much worse than Housewives of Miami's first season.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

Remember last season when Sheree bought (on credit) Tierra that living room suite? Can anyone confirm that's the same furniture we saw in this episode? Just checking, because Sheree's lavish purchases have a way of disappearing...

If she bought it with her credit card,* it stays - if you default on your credit card, they don't come get the stuff you bought. Your account goes into collections, your credit rating plummets, and you can't use the card anymore. If she financed it through the furniture store and didn't pay, then they could repo it.

*She must have had great credit at one point - she keeps getting financing (because come on, the luxury cars she's been sporting have totally been financed) for all these cars she's been gripping.

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:57 PM

Edited by Tafatia, Mar 19, 2012 @ 12:59 PM.

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

Once again Kandi arrives to Kim's house with a gift.

Oh, and Kandi? You're a better person than I am. Because if I'd done for someone as untalented as Kim what you did for her with TFTP, I'd be furious that I got $4,000 and she got (by now) well over $100,000. I would never talk with her again

With every episode Kandi and Sheree prove that Kim is indeed their boss. I don't understand why Kandi is so hard up for friends..."I miss the kids playing together, our trips to the Bahamas and beating her at Connect 4"

The fuck? Kandi is lonlier than I thought. Hope her new man helps her with some of that loneliness.

Phadera, Ayden is not "Atlanta Royalty" .. you need to quit. And if he is, why'd you have his party in Gainesville? With 12 regular ass cakes from the supermarket bakery? LOL

RE: Chateau Dirtpile - there was a bitter post on Rodney Ho's blog in the AJC about how Sheree's house is coming along and how a custom built home could not be built in 4 months in Sandy Springs like Phadera's spec house in Smyrna was. LOL I'd bet my toe that Sheree authored that comment. As of December, it was still a dirt pile.

RE: NeNe & Gregg spoiler - they did reconcile. Good decision, NeNe.

I can't wait for the reunion.

Edited by kinda sketchy, Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:22 PM.

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

RE: Chateau Dirtpile - there was a bitter post on Rodney Ho's blog in the AJC about how Sheree's house is coming along and how a custom built home could not be built in 4 months in Sandy Springs like Phadera's spec house in Smyrna was. LOL I'd bet my toe that Sheree authored that comment. As of December, it was still a dirt pile.

I'm hoping that the end of season party is a housewarming for Chateau by Sheree, where the guests walk around and look at drawings of the house, which is "coming soon".

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

Yes. A Housewarming Party with no house. The Circle of Life, by Sheree.

essinad

essinad

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 1:23 PM

LOL. That blog comment is totally from Sheree!

NeedISayMore

NeedISayMore

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

Here's the thing. My mother told me when she was growing up, things like funerals, weddings, baptisms were basically reasons for people to get together. I've heard of people who have met at funerals, baptisms, weddings, etc. It's not something that I'd do, but it's done and it's not strange. I mean when my father died, we had food in our house that lasted for weeks, and so many cakes that I was able to take most of them to school for a cake sale my class had.

That was people bringing food to your family at a time of crisis. Nobody presents a 1 year old with 12 cakes at the actual party. I am really astounded by Phaedra's lack of judgement in presenting herself.

I wondering if there was more that Mal did at the party because in Cynthia's conversations with both Mal and Peter, she never mentioned Peter's disrespectful toast. I could see Papa Smurf ignoring it, but Mal didn't even bring it up. She only whined about past history.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

That was people bringing food to your family at a time of crisis. Nobody presents a 1 year old with 12 cakes at the actual party. I am really astounded by Phaedra's lack of judgement in presenting herself.

The hams and the chicken I could see, but they brought us about 15 cakes. As for the 12 cakes, heck, either BRAVO paid for it, or Phaedra did, and if Phaedra did, then good for her, I wouldn't do it, but it's not my money.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

Hah! You are so right. Kim never reacts when Kandi brings it up. Even when Andy brought it up repeatedly on WWHL last year. It's like that incident is on a differenct frequency and she just skips right over it. Slick heiffer.

Why should she? She stiffed Kandi and Kandi is still friends with her on and off the show, arriving at her house with gifts and pleading her case while throwing Cynthia under the bus. I thought what Kim did to Kandi was wrong and have posted about it in the past, but Kandi has the choice to end the relationship and she doesn't. If she sees Kim as a real friend, then she's a fool.

As the saying goes "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Agree with above about Apollo's introduction at the lodge. I actually laughed when the guy said "He was convicted of a white collar crime". Why even say that?? Phaedra was all over that. Her dismissive and condescending attitued towards Apollo is another thing that's off-putting about her to me. The way she took her time was just like a big "I don't give a fuck".

Sleepwalker12

Sleepwalker12

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

Agree with above about Apollo's introduction at the lodge. I actually laughed when the guy said "He was convicted of a white collar crime". Why even say that??

I was asking the same thing in my mind at first, but then when he was explaining his desire to help other young men who do not have father figures I felt that he intentionally put that bit about himself in there. Sort of like how the opening to Judge Mathis talks about how he went from juvenile delinquent to lawyer and judge.

LaffyTaffy

LaffyTaffy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

Kim needs to just STFU about South Africa already. The more lengths she goes to in order to prove she's not a racist are starting to make me change my mind and think she is. Let it go already. Why Kandi went to Kim's house to set the record straight is beyond me. Note to Kandi: anyone who screwed you out of money you rightfully deserved is not your friend.

Sheree was being a major Debbie Downer with her daughter. I also didn't like next week's preview where Sheree is looking at 40k rings with Tiana's boyfriend, knowing damn well he's a kid in his 20's who's on a budget. Spending beyond her means was what got Sheree into financial trouble in the first place, you'd think she'd be mindful of what he can afford. BTW, how priceless was Sheree's reaction when the BF told her he already went to Bob first?

I agree with the comments about Apollo's introduction at the lodge, it was kind of a shitty, lowball way to introduce him.

I also want to know if that water park is really 2 hours outside of Atlanta. It seemed like a ridiculous place to hold a one year old's birthday party. Sugar overload combined with the hot sun will make for some very cranky kids. I think Sheree only showed up because she needs to appear on camera as much as possible to keep her place on the show.

yslchyc

yslchyc

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

Ayden's party was pure product placement as each bakery got a shout out. I would imagine the water park comped the location.

Because no one has 12 cakes for a "tasting" at a child's birthday party. If one is being vulgarly extravagant, one opts for one of those colossal theme cakes to provide a spectacle.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

What was worst was watching P shovel all that sugary shit down her baby's throat. And she looked truly awful in that odd outfit.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

I also want to know if that water park is really 2 hours outside of Atlanta.

I'm thinking it's an hour at the most unless Sheree ran into traffic.

Since the season has been a bit dudd-ish lately Bravo's finally trying to make Marlo happen.

Old Marlo photos and her blog. Full of subliminal jabs at the Smalls. LOL

On a side note, you protest much about accusations of racism and are quite vocal about my bad choice of words, but I have seen you in action and you forget yourself. You already know the world is not full of "sweeties!" Never forget #thetourbusmassacre...

Cookie Hoarder

Cookie Hoarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

I also want to know if that water park is really 2 hours outside of Atlanta.

I'm thinking it's an hour at the most unless Sheree ran into traffic.

The caption said 50 miles, but maybe it seemed like two hours on a bus full of small children and their parents?

On a non-related note, they kept playing that commercial for "Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding", and Mr. Cookie swears that it isn't Kim singing the song. Is she so lazy she can't even sing her one song now?

kinda sketchy

kinda sketchy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

Old Marlo photos and her blog.

Guess Marlo really was born a woman. Does she have a daughter? I didn't think she had children but the professional pic of a 20 something Marlo holding a baby has me wondering. Enjoyed all those old photos of the HoWives...interesting that Sheree did not participate and that Phadera only contributed 2 photos. She must have been a chubby kid. Looks like Kim has been wearing wigs for many years. Loved NeNe and Greg's wedding photos.

When is the finale and reunion show? Is it next week? Don't want to miss it, I don't usually record whatever Andy's show is called.

ETA: Gainesville is about 50 miles out but that could be about 2 hours away depending on where in Atlanta you were coming from. East side and OTP east wouldn't be that bad but west side I could definitely see it taking 2 hours...and besides that, nobody with any sense would have a birthday party in Gainesville. It's so random, like an exit you pass on the way to somewhere else. There are many more places closer to Atlanta to have a kid's birthday party. Especially a 1st birthday. It is not like that park is the swank place to go.

Edited by kinda sketchy, Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:48 PM.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

and besides that, nobody with any sense would have a birthday party in Gainesville. It's so random, like an exit you pass on the way to somewhere else. There are many more places closer to Atlanta to have a kid's birthday party. Especially a 1st birthday. It is not like that park is the swank place to go.

And besides that, it's not like a 1 year old gives a crap where his 1st birthday party is, or even that he has a 1st birthday party. I have a feeling Ayden is going to have a lot of moments of sheer embarrassment at the hands of his OTT mother and her need to put on airs at the expense of her family. Poor baby. :(

itsallgravy

itsallgravy

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

At this point I'm sick of hearing about it. Kandi got played and so there you go. She should've done XYZ...etc, but she didn't. Does Kandi really think she's ever gonna get that money back? If she feels she's owed she needs to file suit. Otherwise, let it go. Kim ain't hearing it.

She stiffed Kandi and Kandi is still friends with her on and off the show, arriving at her house with gifts and pleading her case while throwing Cynthia under the bus.

I feel bad for Kandi but there's no fucking way she's getting a dollar out of Kim unless she forces it out of her. If anybody knows the value of a buck it's Kim considering all the freaky shit she's probably had to do over the years to support herself. I like watching Kim and find her entertaining but from what I can see the woman is a user and a taker.
I'm glad Kandi called Kim on being a nurse, like when was the last time you actually selflessly helped someone Kim? And then Kim said it was "who she was as a person"? I don't think so Kim! If Kim really wants to keep Kandi as a friend I think she's going to have to make it right with the money she owes Kandi for producing her song. Kandi may say she forgives and forgets but she keeps bringing it up in other ways, making comments about Kim's character. Nobody likes getting ripped off.

ramby

ramby

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

ETA: Gainesville is about 50 miles out but that could be about 2 hours away depending on where in Atlanta you were coming from. East side and OTP east wouldn't be that bad but west side I could definitely see it taking 2 hours...and besides that, nobody with any sense would have a birthday party in Gainesville. It's so random, like an exit you pass on the way to somewhere else. There are many more places closer to Atlanta to have a kid's birthday party. Especially a 1st birthday. It is not like that park is the swank place to go.

Maybe because there were kids involved they decided to film the party in some out of the way place so as not to bombard the children with nosy gawkers and such.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 8:48 AM

Poor baby. :(

Poor baby? Ayden will be fine. He has parents who clearly adore him, and he's not being abused in any way, shape, or form.

He looked so cute in his little birthday outfit.

monef

monef

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

Jeez, what a boring episode. This show needs more Marlo, she keeps it interesting.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

Her dismissive and condescending attitued towards Apollo is another thing that's off-putting about her to me. The way she took her time was just like a big "I don't give a fuck".

She is determined to force Apollo into the funeral business. SHe won't really be supportive of anything else he does outside of that.

The way Dwight was going on about Phakdra's figure was comical, he never even looked at Apollo (shirtless!!) And his remarks about Ayden having "my" eyes and Phakdra's mouth!!

I think Phakdra read Gone with the Wind one time too many. All her talk about Atlanta Royalty reminded me of Rhett and Scarlett so desperately trying to be accepted into the upperclass and Rhett using all his charm to win the society ladies over with his devotion to Bonnie Blue.

I feel bad for Kandi but there's no fucking way she's getting a dollar out of Kim unless she forces it out of her.

Kim is slick, she knew there was no agreement to share the wealth, other than a friendship. Her mindset is that Kandi agreed to help her and in turn she "shared" the wealth. Nothng in writing, nothing on tape, no contract. Even JJ would rule in Kim's favor. How she treated her friend should put all the women on notice, when it comes to the almighty dollar Kim has no friends.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

Her dismissive and condescending attitude towards Apollo is another thing that's off-putting about her to me. The way she took her time was just like a big "I don't give a fuck".

When I saw that scene, I was thinking the same thing, but then I started wondering if the editors weren't screwing around and trying to make it seem that way.

I don't know much about Atlanta or Gainesville, but since they had it a water park, I was wondering if that was just the closest option. I live in Houston and while we do have a water park in town, there's a nicer one in Galveston (about 45 min - an hour away, longer if you live further north) that people go to all the time. I appreciated that she at least got a bus and didn't make people drive. I would have skipped out on it if I had to drive.

All that being said, I am far from a Phaedra fan. The 12 cakes were dumb as well as that whole presentation. I wonder if Apollo goes along with this nonsense willingly or if he just knows to shut his mouth and fall back.

Edited by Mita_Jo, Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:45 PM.

Traylee

Traylee

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

The purpose of Apollo's speech was to talk about helping at risk youth turn their lives around. So, I'm not sure how was it was inappropriate for his introduction to include something about his checkered past and how far he's come. Considering his remarks, it would've been strange if his well-known history hadn't been mentioned. Also, I hope Bravo doesn't follow up on that woman's story about Phedra being involved in Apollo's crime ring. It's not even remotely credible. People like that don't deserve an audience in which to make a buck off someone else's name.

The way she took her time was just like a big "I don't give a fuck".

When I saw that scene, I was thinking the same thing, but then I started wondering if the editors weren't screwing around and trying to make it seem that way.

I thought the same thing too, but it was pretty obvious her lollygagging was pure editing hijinks to make it look like she wasn't going to make it on time, especially when she arrived at the exact moment he opened his mouth to begin his speech.
I also noticed Sheree's lunch with her daughter's boyfriend went on a lot longer than it appeared. I noticed it was a lot sunnier when he arrived but by the time the camera cut away it looked as though hours had passed.

I think Kandi and Kim's relationship is pretty legit. Whatever happened with the song happened, and if Kandi's past it so am I. A couple of weeks back when they got into it and it was revealed that Kandi sent her daughter to Kim's for a week after AJ's death, I decided there was a lot we aren't seeing. Before that I'd never gotten the impression that the two were close enough that she'd send her kid there and I can't imagine sending your child to someone you didn't fully trust after something so traumatic.

I adore Phaedra, but I think it's absolutely obnoxious to throw a one-year old a birthday party with 12 cakes. And why do you need to present cakes to a baby? It was weird, ridiculous, and completely over the top but it was Phaedra to a T. Sometimes I don't know if she's for real when she's doing these things or if it's somewhat tongue-in-cheek, asshatery for asshaterys sake. I like to pretend it's the latter.

I can't with Cynthia. I don't know what kind of hold that old, bridge-dwelling troll has over her, but it's not a good look. However, I agree that Mal needs to back off. She's doing too much, but Cynthia is the one who keeps dragging her back into discussions about Peter. And I wouldn't have so much of a problem with Cynthia if she weren't constantly ignoring or excusing Peter's comments about Mal and then climbing all in Mal's ass when she responds in kind. It's like she expects Mal to sit down and take his verbal abuse the way she does. I get that Mal loves her sister and watching her with this man is like watching her sister walk into the path of a slow moving train and being unable to save her. Still, Mal should just go back to Europe and let her insipid twit of a sister get hit by the train. When she invariably comes begging her to pick up the peices, Mal should simply text her the number of a good shrink.

Edited by Traylee, Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:59 PM.

essinad

essinad

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

I don't know much about Atlanta or Gainesville, but since they had it a water park, I was wondering if that was just the closest option.

Nah. White Water just north of Atlanta in Marietta, would be much closer to Phaedra, who lives in Smyrna/Vinings. It may have been an issue about allowing cameras and/or Duh-wight scaring park visitors.

BombaySapphire

BombaySapphire

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

Kim Zolciak Is Pregnant

Edited by BombaySapphire, Mar 20, 2012 @ 1:00 PM.