The Real Housewives of Atlanta

• Please log in to reply

32366 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 2:49 PM

Please don't discuss NeNe's appearance on Dancing with the Stars here. It didn't happen on this show, so it's off-topic here. Dancing with the Stars has its own forum, so you can discuss her there. The DWTS forums are here, and NeNe has her own thread here. Thanks!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Mar 24, 2014 @ 2:34 AM.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 5:42 PM

I don't think Cynthia has ever really been into designer labels. She's worn every designer there is for a living. Cynthia obviously has a sense of style that's beyond just labels.

I think Cynthia is gullible and a little wishy-washy but her style is never wrong. The woman knows how to dress. Cynthia loves fashion. Marlo loves labels.

Edited by KrisPChikn, Feb 22, 2012 @ 5:43 PM.

Babiicakes

Babiicakes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

Was the Kim and Kroy special a replacement or in addition to Sunday's new ep?

I just checked my on screen guide and unfortunately the episode is titled "Kim & Kroy" and there's only one new episode. I'm guessing the first couple of minutes will be the women returning from the trip and then the rest will follow Kim and culminate with Kroy's proposal.

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

I just checked my on screen guide and unfortunately the episode is titled "Kim & Kroy" and there's only one new episode. I'm guessing the first couple of minutes will be the women returning from the trip and then the rest will follow Kim and culminate with Kroy's proposal.

Ugh! My worst fear realized. Hopefully, animation domination on Fox will have new episodes or else I can check that hoarding show on TLC. Oh wait, Walking Dead! Sundays really are bit of a televisual feast for me. My DVR usually goes on overtime.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

Yuk, not watching that. I'll probably catch the rebroadcast of "Mob Wives" or something. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch their "love" story.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

I think Cynthia is gullible and a little wishy-washy but her style is never wrong.

If by "wishy-washy", you mean "spineless", I agree. I've noticed that she always seems to knuckle-down or kiss-up to anyone with a stronger personality than hers, which seems to be most of these people.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

The Kim & Kroy thing is supposed to be a special within the show. I don't like that Kim is so far removed from the cast - when her scenes come up, it takes me totally out of the show because she's not apart of 90% of it.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

If by "wishy-washy", you mean "spineless", I agree. I've noticed that she always seems to knuckle-down or kiss-up to anyone with a stronger personality than hers, which seems to be most of these people.

Yep. That's exactly what I meant. Spineless is a better descriptor than wishy-washy.

PowerfulNiolani

PowerfulNiolani

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

The Kim and Kroy episode is like a pilot for her own Bravo show I think. I finally watched the Africa episodes; I thought the funniest part was when the guide suggested using elephant dung as a headache reliever and Phaedra says using her best southern belle inflection: "I have Advil, honey."

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

I finally watched the Africa episodes; I thought the funniest part was when the guide suggested using elephant dung as a headache reliever and Phaedra says using her best southern belle inflection: "I have Advil, honey."

Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out Advil was made out of elephant dung? lol As for the Kim and Kroy show...zzzzzzzz. Kim will have to carry the whole show because Kroy is bor-to-the-ing!!! Him and his shit eating grin. He's not funny, witty or anything that I want to waste an hour watching. And I've never been able to stand Kim's trashy ass. I'd rather read aspirin labels.

Edited by swankie, Feb 23, 2012 @ 11:24 PM.

Billie Jean

Billie Jean

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

I've so lost interest in this show. There was a time when I would actually look forward to it but now I force myself to watch it to create space on my DVR. I think it is because everyone is too self aware of the cameras now. Nene bugs, Sheree is pointless, Kandi and Cynthia are blah. Phaedra is the only one halfway entertaining. Kim just makes me sick to my stomach and I refuse to watch her scenes. I will be boycotting the newest episode since its all about her and Kroy and I hope the ratings drop so drastically that AC rethinks airing her stupid spinoff.

All I have to say about the SA episodes is that Cynthia looked absolutely gorgeous in every scene. Visiting SA has always been on my bucket list but since I'm afraid to fly it will most likely be an unrealized dream. Leave it to the Ho's of any franchise to continue to find reasons to argue instead of taking in the exotic locale they are blessed enough to be able to visit. SMH.

Jextella

Jextella

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

I've so lost interest in this show. There was a time when I would actually look forward to it but now I force myself to watch it to create space on my DVR. I think it is because everyone is too self aware of the cameras now.

Totally agree. I last the first 2 seasons and then start losing interest around season 3 for this very reason. The shows may as well be scripted at that point and that's not what I want to see.

Atlanta wives have lasted longer for me with the addition of Kandi earlier on and more recently Phaedra (my fav) and Kroy (Kim is a lucky woman). But, my interest is fading quickly.

I will tune into the Kim and Kroy show, though. I find them to be on the charming side. Genuine love is rare and they, for whatever reason, seem to have found it.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:26 AM

As for the Kim and Kroy show...zzzzzzzz

Word. Won't be watching. Kroy is boring and I don't like Kim. I don't miss her at all on this show, so if she gets her own show it's nothing to me because I won't watch it. I fast forward her scenes as it is.

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

I don't miss her at all on this show, so if she gets her own show it's nothing to me because I won't watch it.

Yeah, 60 minutes of hearing Kim call Kroy “love” every 5 seconds. It irritates me to hear her call him that. Where does she think she is, jolly old England? I keep expecting her to start calling him “gov” next. And I don’t believe for a second that she’s madly in love. Lust, pure and simple. Unfortunately, poor Kroy seems to be smitten. He doesn’t know that he’s slowly forging his path straight to the poorhouse.

Sinala

Sinala

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

I really miss Dwight.

Speaking of which, what happened to the male hairdressers this season? I know it was mentioned a while back that Dwight had totally dissed the show so I didn't expect Bravo to welcome him back but what about Sheree's hairdresser (I forgot his name) and the one that did Kim's wigs? Are they totally out this season? Personally, I would have preferred a scene or two with them trotting around their heels and ill-fitting clothing than listening to Marlo shriek about her goods. The unfortunate thing is I think with the drama Marlo has created that if they are renewed she will be back the next season. They need a new set of housewives already!

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

Speaking of which, what happened to the male hairdressers this season?

I know that Lawrence no longer does Sheree's hair, but I don't know when he stopped (if it was after filming ended for the season). Derek J has been seen in the background of a few scenes, like at Cynthia's school opening and at Kandi's bday party. I'm guessing he doesn't do Kim's wigs anymore.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 1:00 PM

I think the gay BFFs got tired of not being paid by Bravo or their clients for the amount of styling work and airtime antics they gave. Can't say I blame them if they weren't getting money making side projects either. I miss them.

njmama

njmama

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

And you just described her marriage in that sentence.

I like this franchise and "the ladies" but NeNe and Kim just seem so beyond this show now, like they're above it and pretty much want nothing to do with it anymore. In the beginning like seasons 1 and 2, it was everyone hanging out together but this season it's like 3 separate shows, "NeNe and who she's hanging out with", "Kim and Kroy's hot mess", "Sheree, Kandi, and Phaedra".

While they were in Africa, I completely forgot Kim was part of the show till they brought her up. I would've LOVED to see her in Africa. That def would've put a spin on the whole trip. Oh well. snoooooooooz.....

goofygirl

goofygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

I'm not going to be able to stomach the Kim & Kroy storyline because it's just boring as all get out. Total snoozefest! The only thing I'd tune in for is if Kim gets that wig pulled off and we finally get to see her "real" hair.

NoWhammies

NoWhammies

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

Frankly, I'd rather see a RHO show about the gay best friends.

yian

yian

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

I didn't want to be the one to mention my lack of interest in the Kim & Kroy show. Nothing they have done or shown of them so far, interests me enough to want to watch an episode or a series devoted to them.

Kim just seems so unaware, so something that doesn't make her endearing.

oh well, I have Kdramas to watch, so no sweat of my head.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

I will tune into the Kim and Kroy show, though. I find them to be on the charming side. Genuine love is rare and they, for whatever reason, seem to have found it.

Genuine love is rare but this ain't it. It's no more genuine than Edward and Bella from "Twilight."

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

Genuine love is rare but this ain't it. It's no more genuine than Edward and Bella from "Twilight."

Only time will tell. And Kroy's NFL contracts LOL.

Honestly, Kim has toned down so much now that she's kind of boring. I'm glad she has her life on track more now, and seems to have a more "honest" lifestyle AKA not mooching off a married man and thinking she is a talented singer, but there isn't much of a reason to watch her try to carry an entire show. Kroy seems like a decent dad, but he is pretty boring as well.

AuntiePam

AuntiePam

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

I'd tune in to see Kim visiting Montana, meeting Troy's family and friends. Especially if one of those people would be the "I calls it like I sees it" types.

"What's that on your head, girl?"

"Haven't seen hooters that big since Willard sold his best dairy cow."

"Where's the rest of your clothes?"

"Is there a fabric shortage in Georgia? I see London . . . "

"Kroy's favorite food is chicken gizzards. Let me show you how to fix it. I think there's a chicken around here somewhere. Honey! Where's the hatchet?"

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 7:02 PM

I think the gay BFFs got tired of not being paid by Bravo or their clients for the amount of styling work and airtime antics they gave. Can't say I blame them if they weren't getting money making side projects either. I miss them.

I suspect they got tired of looking like bafoons on this show. I don't particuarly miss them, either.

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 9:24 PM

Atlanta is underwhelming me and it doesn't help that the momentum is lost with all the weeks off.

• There was the Christmas/New Year 2 weeks off, a few weeks of episodes leading up to South Africa: Part 1, which marked a season high.
  • Week off. South Africa Part 2 conflicts with the Grammy's, then Part 3. I can't explain Part 3 but the last couple episodes have brought in the lowest viewership this season.
  • Kim & Kroy's special is just an insert and the season resumes March 4th with episode 15 "From Motherland to Haterville" and The Kandi Factory premiering after, which doesn't look that exciting.

Way too many gaps. ATL's becoming an afterthought for me now that Amazing Race, Celeb Apprentice and Mob Wives are back.

Edited by prmami, Feb 25, 2012 @ 9:37 PM.

gilaymar

gilaymar

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I don't usually watch this franchise of the Real Ignorant Housewives, but I happened to catch the episode "Make It Rain Down In Africa." The scene where they are in the club is absolutely hilarious. It seemed like everyone else in the club was relatively low key. I think I'm going to go around to random places, throw money in the air and yell "Whoa! Watch my spot, bitch!" (wearing glittery stripper shoes of course). It must be so much fun being a fool.

itsallgravy

itsallgravy

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

While they were in Africa, I completely forgot Kim was part of the show till they brought her up. I would've LOVED to see her in Africa.

Me too. Kim cracks me up and I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamic, if there is one between her and Kroy. I wonder what he sees in her and what she sees in him that make them so "perfect" for each other.

I much prefer Kim in the group of women to Marlo. Marlo is too ott imo, it's like she doesn't even pretend to have class. Kim pretends to have class which is funny to me. And Kim has actual relationships with Sherri and Kandi and even NeNe where Marlo doesn't. It looked like on the trip the other women just wanted Marlo to stfu. She grates.

ImEasy

ImEasy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:33 AM

Kim is boring and I am not interested in her storyline at all. The show is lacking this season and it's probably time for some cuts like they did with the New York Housewives.

ToukieSmith

ToukieSmith

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 7:03 PM

Only time will tell. And Kroy's NFL contracts LOL.

...And how long Kim will be mesmerized by his assets. I like the idea of them visiting Montana. I am curious to see Kroy's family so I will be watching tonight's show.

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

I noticed the online cable guide listed tonight's new ep as being a Kim and Kroy special -- I'll pass, thanks!