Total Drama Island

• Please log in to reply

1125 replies to this topic

ciscokidinsf

ciscokidinsf

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 11:00 AM

Aww. Poor Izzy. I guess this is the cliche that almost always one reality show memeber is a closet criminal-amateur-adult-star and has to get kicked off the show in disgrace.

Taeolas

Taeolas

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 11:51 AM

About Izzy, 2 words: "Just. Wait." *G*

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 4:23 PM

As I mentioned earlier on, be careful about assuming anything about the show.

This was one of my favorite episodes. The giant beavers and the pterodactylesque Canadian geese. The cracks in Heather's coalition. Izzy's nuttiness.

We get to see that Cody is actually a fairly decent guy. He didn't get any action from the girl but at least he got to cuddle with Adam-which the two of them will deny to their graves!

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2008 @ 1:17 PM

Izzy just made this episode. She never got much focus in past episodes, but in this one episode she made up for it in spades. Her yelling at the helicopter and running off will never not be funny.

As to Cody, poor guy, I've been there. At least he was intelligent enough to know he wasn't getting anywhere and did the cool thing by giving Trent the go ahead. He's the kind of guy that can sometimes try to hard but seems like a great guy to be friends with.

I also loved Chris the host in this episode. Just his various reactions and such, especially regarding the quick sand, really sold me on him as a person. He improves any episode.

Now, the following is just pure speculation on my part, but given how he keeps stressing that the losers can't come back, EVER!!!, they are so going to have an episode where some of the losers get to come back and re-compete. Survivor did it so I expect this show will do some parody of that game plot.

I am really enjoying this show, and it sucks that I have to wait a week between each episode. Never have I wanted to torrent a show so badly.

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 11:04 AM

Technically, Izzy didn't get voted off.

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 12:53 PM

I loved Thursday's episode. I wondered which one was going to get voted off before Izzy had to leave. I can't wait to see who gets voted off next episode.

bookworm0103

bookworm0103

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 31, 2008 @ 4:09 PM

I love this show it is hilarious. I hope Gwen wins, and I want to see more Beth she is my favorite character.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 1:46 AM

Dude, poor Cody. I was really hoping he'd last longer.

Seriously, as bad as he supposedly was in challenges, how the hell was heather any better?

Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 5:29 AM

lrdmordain I don't think they were saying he was bad in challenges before, but that he would be bad now. (Hasn't this happened on Survivor before).

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 7:51 AM

Heather should have been voted on. Yes, Cody was bad, but they should have kicked off Heather first. This is like Kristy Lee Cook staying over Michael Johns on American Idol. I did love last night's episode though. No one even got each other with the paint. There's still some episodes I missed. I didn't see the first part of the premiere.

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 10:53 AM

Cody was one of the nicer people on the show, but like "real" Reality TV once his story got used up he got written off.

So now things are smooth sailing for Gwen and Trent, but are they??? Gwen seems the type to hold a grudge and Trent did abandon her when she was buried alive.

Courtney and Duncan also seem to be heating up.

Beth is still carrying the Tiki curse.

Tune in next time.

Dbrain2004

Dbrain2004

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2008 @ 7:11 PM

As much as voting Cody off over his injuries were plausible, I cannot believe Heather dodged the axe AGAIN! Is this bitch made out of Telfon or what?

Thank God Beth finally grew some ovaries and stood up to Heather's crap. Watching her and Leshawna shoot Heather up was gold.

With this development, I have to wonder if the alliances are now officially out of play. If need be, Gwen/Trent/Leshawna can grab an irate Beth and finally crack Heather/Lindsay/Owen..., but I have a sickening feeling that Heather's here to stay.

You know, watching this challenge makes me wish Lindsay was voted off last week... could y'all IMAGINE crazy-ass Izzy doing this challenge - in either role? She would have made this episode.

One last note: I really hope Cody didn't actually drown in the river.

Dbrain2004

Dbrain2004

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2008 @ 12:59 PM

So, this week, the challenge was to cook a three course meal for Chris. Head chefs Geoff (who was voted in by the team) and Heather (who appointed herself before anyone else could react), led their teams towards different menus, with the leadership styles that you fully expect from those two.

The Killer Bass team didn't get much airtime this episode. Geoff attempted to hit on Bridgette by mentioning that she cooks as well as his best friend's Jeff hot mom (I KNOW!). He also teamed up with D.J. and Duncan to haze the fuck out of Harold for leaving his underwear on the floor of their cabin, doing the following:

1. Steal all of his underwear and pants, forcing him to wear ridiculously tiny red bikini briefs, making everyone (even Chris) shudder in
2. Drench a pair of his underwear in hot sauce, prompting Harold's infamous "My biscuits are burning!" line heard in the promos.
3. Post challenge, steal Harold's bed, with him in it (while he's sleeping) and relocate it to the docks. When Harold woke up, he came face to face with the Screaming Gophers team who was having a morning swim. Of course, for maximum humiliation, Harold slept nude that time.

Personally, I was REALLY hoping that it would turn out that the underwear wasn't actually Harold's after all and that the Duncan/D.J./Geoff crew would have to eat serious crow, or Harold would be so incensed at the hazing that he would kick out an all-out war within the team, but alas, neither came to pass.

Anyway, that was nothing compared to the shit that went down within the Screaming Gophers. Heather's bitchery shot to even further heights when she shut down any suggestions about the menu that weren't her own, made Lashawna cut pineapples for her food (even with Lashawna being allergic to them) and made Owen get her makeup bag after burning off her eyebrows lighting a flambe for her cake (AFTER Owen was repeatadly attacked by hornets). After ramping bitching and screaming matches on both sides, Lashawna, with the help of Beth and Lindsay (!) lock Heather into a freezer. Lashawna took over the head chef position and created a fantastic menu. However, two BIG problems arise:

1. Lashawna left Owen in charge of guarding the food while the rest of the team got ready to prepare for Chris. Owen, being the resident glutton he is, ate the ENTIRE rack of ribs (save a tiny morsel that Chris actually enjoyed).
2. Beth brought out the cursed idol again, this time as a place setting for the team's meal. As a result, the moment Chris touched the overflambed cake, it went 'poof'. Chris damn near choked on whatever was left of the cake, giving the Killer Bass another win.

Even though Owen ate the main course, and Heather was so bad in her behavior she had TWO attempts on her life made in this episode, Beth and her cursed idol was sent home.

Gulielma

Gulielma

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2008 @ 2:31 PM

I loved how, in last week's episode, as soon as DJ put on the antlers, nose, and fluffy white tail, he started moving like a deer!
Chris enjoying how most of the paintballs ended up being fired at Heather and other hunters, instead of the deer. And, during the campfire ceremony, Gwen interrupting Chris and spouting off the whole "must leave immediately--dock of shame--never come back" spiel.

Also, how any time any of the characters whistle or hum something, it's the theme song.

Seriously, putting Owen in charge of guarding the food? What were they thinking?

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2008 @ 12:52 AM

Is it just me after watching every episode numerous times, does it sound like Harold is the one singing a majority of the theme song?

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2008 @ 9:17 AM

I still don't understand how Heather is staying. Everyone hates her. I can understand sending Beth home, or even Owen, but Heather needs to go. And yeah, they were really stupid with letting Owen guard the food.

Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 10, 2008 @ 10:17 PM

The only reality show I ever got into was The Apprentice. Heather reminds me of Omarosa. Based on that she'll survive until there's no one to scapegoat.

Gulielma

Gulielma

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 3:35 PM

I continue to love this show. The obvious stuntman for one of Chris's entrances. Poor Bunny at the bottom of the food chain. Duncan finding a new Bunny for DJ, and Courtney starting to admit she's attracted to Duncan. Trent, helpless in Chef's clutches. Chris using up the extra explosives.

"Only one thing to do...exploit it for laughs!"

"I trusted Trent...and he left me buried alive at the beach!"

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 4:07 PM

I loved the episode but I'm rather worried about Trent, the guy is hurt nearly every week. Hell its a good thing he didnt say he had a fear of flying cause with his luck he would have fallen out of the plane and slammed into the ground. Seriously, why does he get all the bad luck?

I love Chris the host, his little laughs and asides just make the show so much more awesome then it already is. It was nice to see Satie & Katie reunited, but their screams could have broken glass.

As always I can't wait for next weeks episode.

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 5:07 PM

Is Trent the goth guy? If so, I kinda ship him and the girl that hates him. I can't remember her name either. Poor bunny. I can't wait to see who gets voted off next.

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 6:11 PM

Here's a link to the Cartoon network site for season one.

I don't know a goth guy, do you mean the punk? His name is Duncan. Trent is the sensitive alt-rock guy who likes Gwen, the Goth Chick.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 8:13 PM

I get the feeling that in regards to Duncan and Courtney that there going to go the whole Courtney learns to be less anal and break some rules from Duncan and the two grow closer only to see one of them suddenly voted off. I'm hoping I'm wrong but it seems the path they've been pointing the two toward.

Speaking of pair ups I kind of feel bad that Lashana and Izzy havent had any guys crushing on them. I know Izzy errr... left but I always thought she and Owen would click. I don't know who to pair Lashana up with, I guess given whose left it'd have to be either be DJ or Harold but neither really seem to be her type.

Also, speaking of Izzy, the offical site has her listed as voted off but she really wasn't, she ran off of her own will. Does this mean that she would have been the one voted off anyway if she hadn't run off?

Pseudowolf

Pseudowolf

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 8:16 PM

Is it just me or when Gwen was climbing after being pantsed, did her line of "Skip this" seem dubbed in? I just didn't seem to fit her mouth movement.

Also, I really think the theme song should be the mandatory theme song for all reality shows. Because it's SO TRUE!

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2008 @ 7:58 AM

Is it just me or when Gwen was climbing after being pantsed, did her line of "Skip this" seem dubbed in? I just didn't seem to fit her mouth movement.

I seem to remember that there had been a bleep in the Canadian version. Gwen doesn't seem to be the type to say "skip this".

Taeolas

Taeolas

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2008 @ 9:39 PM

Just rewatched the cooking challenge ep again today, and it was interesting that Heather's threat about chopping hair would come into play in one of the final episodes. :)

Pseudowolf

Pseudowolf

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 21, 2008 @ 10:33 PM

Episode was good overall, but seemed a little rushed. I dunno, seemed like they wanted to cram in the Gwen/Duncan thing. But overall not too bad. I knew they were going to push Harold too far, but I'm surprised that the "producers" did nothing about the caught-on-tape vote-tampering. I figured he'd get revenge but in a less blatant way somehow. Ah, well.

Another episode where twice it seemed like the characters lines were dubbed in over less "appropriate" dialog. In some places where perhaps stronger language would be used, the audio just sounds dubbed in and/or doesn't seem to match the character's mouth movements. I'm wondering if this show has been re-edited for US broadcast, in terms of language. Like maybe it was originally aimed at an older crowd. Or if Canada has looser content laws, but the US FCC wouldn't let the show fly in original format?

Just some thoughts.

ETA: lrdmordain totally called it.

Edited by Pseudowolf, Aug 21, 2008 @ 10:34 PM.

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 9:07 AM

After Duncan and Courteney got together (I loved them together so much), I called one of them going home a few minutes before Courteney left.

My DVR cut off Harold messing with the votes, so I had no idea what he was doing. I'm surprised that that happened.

Aunty Mib

Aunty Mib

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 10:06 AM

Or if Canada has looser content laws, but the US FCC wouldn't let the show fly in original format?

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING

Out of curiousity, did they show the scene where Duncan tricked Harold into eating his dirty underwear or the scene where Harold is stranded naked in front of the girls?

Taeolas

Taeolas

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 10:31 AM

Or where Heather's bikini top is torn off? (May be in a future ep; I can't recall now). Teletoon just 'fuzzed' anything visible out, but those scenes may have been cut by Cartoon.

And of course Owen has had a disproportionate amount of nudity all things considered *shudder*

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2008 @ 11:53 AM

Wow, I think I might just hate Harold a little bit right now. That was beyond cold dude, made worse by the fact that the show knows it wasn't a legit vote off yet they went with it. If Duncan ever finds out.... Hell, I hope Harold gets voted off and gets sent to whatever castaway hotel or cabin or what have you and has to keep Courtney from killing him.

Anyway, as for calling it, its what I get for watching a life time of cartoons and being able to spot commonly used patterns and story lines. It also looks like I might have, in a round about way, called Trent falling out of a plane if the preview for next week is any indication.

Still loving the show, still loving Chris and his speeches.