So You Think You Can Predict?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1006 replies to this topic

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 9:17 PM

Greetings, you guys. JustADream here. Taking the wonderful idea from SeaBreeze341 over in the American Idol forums, I decided to start our very own prediction game over here. Suprheath1 has graciously volunteered to be in charge of the scoring portion of the game. Basically, what you do is answer the questions that we post, both for the Performance Night and the Results Night, and you'll get points dependent on how well you do. We'll post the scoreboard weekly, and, at the end of the season, when SYTYCD crowns their newest winner, a winner of So You Think You Can Predict will be crowned as well.

Suprheath1 will post shortly to better explain a few things, but - are you interested? PM either one of us if you have questions, or post them here. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out this first week. :)

sassymuse

sassymuse

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 9:19 PM

Absolutely interested! Would love to have another game. Thanks, JustADream and suprheath1!!!

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 9:23 PM

Thank *YOU,* sassy, for replying. As you can tell, I'm very excited by the prospect of this game

alvin etler

alvin etler

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:19 PM

This sounds like fun! Is it just going to be predicting who gets the boot, or bottom three or what?

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:23 PM

All questions should be answered in a few minutes.

(I'm really not trying to be mysterious!)

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 12:18 AM

The Rules
  • Scores will be cumulative from week to week, so you will want to try to participate every week.
  • Performance Round Questions will be posted on Thursdays after the results show, and Predictions will be due by TUESDAY @ 7:00 PM ET (until further notice)
  • Results Round Questions will be posted on Wednesdays after the performance show and Predictions will be due by Thursday @ 9:00 PM ET (until further notice)
  • Some questions will allow more than one prediction, others will ask for the exact answer only. Those differences should be clear in the question form.
  • Scores for each week as well as the running totals will be posted by the end of the weekend at the latest.
  • We are trying to run this game so that those who prefer to remain "unspoiled" may do so. Therefore, please avoid referring to any spoilers you may have (for example: "a friend of a friend told me that Chelsie H. has jumpstyle this week.")
  • If you join the game late, you will be given the lowest cumulative score so far to add on to your first week's score.
  • Contestants' dance styles, if needed, will be based upon what I got off the Fox site, and are listed at the bottom of these rules.
  • If you edit your post, please do us a favor and either make note of what you edited, or italicize it. If your post is edited AFTER the deadline, unfortunately your scores will not count. If there is an issue, please PM me.
  • Scoring change: By popular demand, we’ll be doing scoring on a progressive scale based on how many guesses you make. For any questions that allow for more than one guess, you may make your choice of on, two, or three guesses. If you make three guesses and get the correct answer, you'll get 75 points. If you make two guesses and get the correct answer, you'll get 100 points. If you make just one guess and get it right, you’ll get 150 points. There's an incentive to make fewer guesses, but you have to be really sure of your answer. If you aren't sure, make three guesses and go for less points!

Any question that allows only one guess is worth 100 points.
  • Here's what we'll do as far as the "dancing in their style" question. We'll start by putting dance styles under one of five umbrellas:

Hip Hop: Hip Hop, Krump, Popping, House, Breaking
    Contemporary/Jazz: Contemporary, Lyrical, Pop, Jazz, "Pop Jazz," Broadway, Pas de deux
    Standard Ballroom: Waltz, Smooth Waltz, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Tango
    Latin Ballroom: Rumba, Cuban Rumba, Salsa, Jive, Samba, Cha Cha, Mambo, Paso Doble, Argentine Tango, Latin Jazz (?)
    "Club Dances"/Other: Disco, Hustle, Lindy Hop, West Coast Swing, Bollywood [I think the idea behind this category is that they require a specific training that no other umbrella covers...in other words, it's not fair to assume that someone with standard ballroom training should easily be able to do lindy hop, just because it's a partner dance]

We'll put the dancers under the same umbrellas as applicable. If they fit under more than one, based on the Fox website, they'll be under any applicable umbrella:
    Hip Hop: Tony, Phillip
    Contemporary/Jazz: Randi, Karla, Caitlin, Jeanine, Kayla, Paris, Ashley, Kupono, Brandon, Jason, Vitolio, Evan, Ade
    Standard Ballroom: none
    Latin Ballroom: Asuka, Janette, Max, Jonathan
    "Club Dances"/Other: Melissa (ballet)

If a dancer under a certain umbrella dances ANY style under their umbrella, they will have "danced in their style." HOPEFULLY no questions asked!

Week 1-Top 20 Performance Round

Contestants
1. Who performs first? (choose up to 6 contestants, male or female. Double points if you get both right this week!)
2. Who performs last? (choose up to 6 contestants, male or female. Double points if you get both right this week!)
3. When do Caitlin and her partner perform? (choose up to three possible spots, 1st-10th)
4. When do Phillip and his partner perform? (choose up to three possible spots, 1st-10th)
5. What style does Karla perform? (choose up to three SPECIFIC styles. For example, not “ballroom” but “fox trot”.)

Dance
1. Who is the hip-hop choreographer? (choose only one- if more than one are used in the show, any correct answer will count)
2. How many “ballroom” (Latin included) routines are there? (choose only one- Exact answer only)
3. How many routines will be labeled as “contemporary”? (choose only one- Exact answer only)
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style umbrella (see rules post)? (Pick a range of three numbers- for example, 2-4)

Host & Judges
1. Who is the third judge? (Choose up to three possible judges)
2. Will Mary say “Hot Tamale Train” more or less than two times?
3. As Cat takes us into commercial breaks, how many couples will be shown on the side balcony prior to their performance? (Pick a range of up to three numbers- for example, 2-4)
4. How many times will ANY PREVIOUS WINNER’S (Nick, Benji, Sabra, Joshua) name be mentioned by Cat and the judges? (Pick a range of up to three numbers- for example, 2-4)

Bonus
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? (You can choose “none” as a possibility this week) (choose up to three contestants)
2. Will more male or female past contestants be shown in the audience? (Neither is an acceptable answer)
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? (name up to three choices- “none shown” or “more than one contestant [as in, multiple posters on screen first]” are acceptable answers):

Predict the Top 10 (125 points for each correct name, for a total possible of 1250, added of course at the time the Top 10 is revealed):

Predict the Top 4 (250 points for each correct name, for a total possible of 1000, added at the time of reveal):

One word prediction of the winner (1000 points at end game if correct. This question will come and go through the season, with smaller point values as the competition goes on):

Edited by suprheath1, Jul 5, 2009 @ 6:18 PM.

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 11:48 AM

Contestants (75 points each)
1. Who performs first? Chelsie H, Susie, Rayven, Kherington, Jaimie, Thayne
2. Who performs last? Susie, Chelsie T, Courtney G, Jessica, Katee, Gev
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform? 3rd, 6th, 10th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform? 4th, 7th, 9th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? disco, salsa, hip-hop

Dance (75 points each)
1. Who is the hip-hop choreographer? Dave Scott
2. How many “ballroom” (latin included) routines are there? 4
3. How many routines will be labeled as “contemporary”? 3
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style (as listed on the Fox website)? 3-5

Host & Judges (75 points each)
1. Who is the third judge? Dan Karaty, Tyce DiOrio
2. Will Mary say “Hot Tamale Train” more or less than two times? Less
3. As Cat takes us into commercial breaks, how many couples will be shown on the side balcony prior to their performance? 2-4
4. How many times will Sabra's name be mentioned by Cat and the judges? 1-3

Bonus (100 points each)
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? Comfort
2. Will more male or female past contestants be shown in the audience? female
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? (“none shown” or “more than one contestant” are acceptable answers): Twitch

Predict the Top 10 (125 points for each correct name, for a total possible of 1250, added of course at the time the Top 10 is revealed):
Top 10 Girls:
Kherington
Chelsie H
Comfort
Rayven
Courtney G
Top 10 Guys:
Jamie
Joshua
Matt
Twitch
William

Predict the Top 4 (250 points for each correct name, for a total possible of 1000, added at the time of reveal):
Top 4:
Chelsie H
Courtney G
Joshua
Twitch

One word prediction of the winner (1000 points at end game if correct. This question will come and go through the season, with smaller point values as the competition goes on):
Winner: Joshua

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 12:13 PM

I don't want to resort to begging, but PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE play, you guys!

1. Who performs first? Katee, Chris, Jessica, Kourtni, Thayne, William
2. Who performs last? Kherington, Courtney G., Gev, Jamie, Twitch, Comfort
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform? 3rd, 4th, 5th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform? 8th, 9th, 10th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? hip hop, jazz, disco

Dance (75 points each)
1. Who is the hip-hop choreographer? Tabitha and Napolean
3. How many routines will be labeled as “contemporary”? 1
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style (as listed on the Fox website)? 2-4

1. Who is the third judge? Dan Karaty, Mandy Moore
3. As Cat takes us into commercial breaks, how many couples will be shown on the side balcony prior to their performance? 1-3
4. How many times will Sabra's name be mentioned by Cat and the judges? 3-5

Bonus (100 points each)
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? Courtney G.
2. Will more male or female past contestants be shown in the audience? Male
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? (“none shown” or “more than one contestant” are acceptable answers): Twitch

Top 10 Girls:
Kherington
Chelsie H.
Courtney G.
Comfort
Katee

Top 10 Guys:
Twitch
Gev
Jamie
William
Mark

Top 4:
Gev
Courtney G.
Chelsie H.
Mark

Winner: Gev

Edited by suprheath1, Jun 8, 2008 @ 12:14 PM.

alvin etler

alvin etler

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 1:03 PM

OK, I'm game, but I must warn you all, I win every emmy and oscar pool that I am in.

1. Who performs first? Gev, Twitch, Joshua, Susie, Kourtni L., Comfort
2. Who performs last? Chris, Mark, Matt, Kherington, Katee, Chelsea T
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform? 8th, 9th, 10th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform? 8th, 9th, 10th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? Contemporary, Jazz, Hip Hop

Dance (75 points each)
2. How many “ballroom” (latin included) routines are there? 2
3. How many routines will be labeled as “contemporary”? 2
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style (as listed on the Fox website)? 1-3

1. Who is the third judge? Dan Karaty, Jean Marc Genereaux
3. As Cat takes us into commercial breaks, how many couples will be shown on the side balcony prior to their performance? 1-3
4. How many times will Sabra's name be mentioned by Cat and the judges? 0-2

Bonus (100 points each)
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? Susie
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? (“none shown” or “more than one contestant” are acceptable answers): Gev

Top 10 Girls:
Chelsie H.
Kourtni L.
Comfort
Courtney G.
Rayven

Top 10 Guys:
Joshua
Gev
Jamie
Thayne
Matt

Top 4:
Gev
Courtney G.
Comfort
Matt

Winner: Comfort

Edited by alvin etler, Jun 8, 2008 @ 1:05 PM.

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 1:18 PM

OK, I'm game, but I must warn you all, I win every emmy and oscar pool that I am in.

I'm a little scared of you now, alvin etler. But to be fair, I must warn you all that my family and I create predictions and pools for almost every reality show, so I have experience as well.

Thanks for joining the game!

alvin etler

alvin etler

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 1:21 PM

I'm a little scared of you now, alvin etler.

Heh. I'm just grandstanding anyway. My emmy and oscar pool experience is exactly 1 emmy pool and 1 oscar pool.

I thought of a question though. What happens if people decide to join later since it's a season long thing. Do they get the lowest point total from the previous weeks or something. I just want people who decide to play later to be able to do so.

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 1:56 PM

What happens if people decide to join later since it's a season long thing. Do they get the lowest point total from the previous weeks or something. I just want people who decide to play later to be able to do so.

Here's how we think it will go. We want to provide some kind of amnesty for this week, since it's so last minute, and some people may want to check out how the game works. So, if you miss this week's game (which we discourage because of the awesome bonus points available), and you want to jump in next week, we'll double whatever score you get next week to account for Week One. I also think we'll provide some kind of bonus opportunity for those people who follow that route. Does that sound fair? Our thinking is that by next week's round, most people who are board regulars will be here, see the game, and decide if they want to play!

Keep joining in folks! I know we're a competitive bunch!

sassymuse

sassymuse

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:01 PM

This looks fun! I'm sure it'll feel more "natural" as we go along.

okay,alvin etler, so you're the menace? Maybe we should just copy all your answers! Hee.

If you go to the speculation thread, see below, I've directed to pages -- just for this week -- you'll see three pages' worth of possible partnerships. (Because this game needs to move quickly, it might help us all to see thoughts of others about potential pairings. They're pretty good, imo.)

Here's a pairing list of dancers by style from lmg2004.
Here's another similar list taking race into account, from creysd. Finally, on page 45 of the Speculation thread, there are two more lists of possible pairings.

1. Who performs first? Gev, Katee, Mark, Jessica, Chris, Thayne
2. Who performs last? Twitch, Kherington, William, Joshua, Comfort, Chelsie H (Latin)
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform? 2nd, 3rd, 9th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform? 2nd, 5th, 9th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? Tango, Hiphop, Broadway

Dance (75 points each)
1. Who is the hip-hop choreographer? Tabitha & Napoleon
2. How many “ballroom” (latin included) routines are there? FIVE
3. How many routines will be labeled as “contemporary”? ONE
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style? 1-3

1. Who is the third judge? Mia, Dan
2. Will Mary say “Hot Tamale Train” more or less than two times? Fewer (Lawd knows what else she'll come up with, but . .)
3. As Cat takes us into commercial breaks, how many couples will be shown on the side balcony prior to their performance? 1-3.
4. How many times will Sabra's name be mentioned by Cat and the judges? 2-4.

Bonus (100 points each)
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? None.
2. Will more male or female past contestants be shown in the audience? Female.
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? Twitch, Comfort, Gev, Scarington [or: "more than one"]

Predict the Top 10
Twitch
Jamie
Joshua
William
Marquis

Chelsie H.
Rayven
Scarington
Chelsea T
Susie

Predict the Top 4: Joshua, William, Rayven, Chelsie H.

One word prediction of the winner: William

ETA: Boo, I didn't see superheath1's list of dancers by style. I'll leave the links to speculative pairings for now.

Edited by sassymuse, Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:24 PM.

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:02 PM

I'm really excited about this game, you guys, and I'm hoping it will do well. It'll be fun, I promise :)

ETA: We have a new player! YAY! Now we're up to four! I can deal with that for now, for this being so rushed this round

Edited by JustADream, Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:05 PM.

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:05 PM

sassymuse, you can only pick one hip-hop choreographer. I meant if more than one are used in the show, and you match with one of them, it counts. And you can pick up to 3 styles for Courtney G. Sorry if that's confusing!! =)

Edited by suprheath1, Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:06 PM.

Treppie

Treppie

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:13 PM

1. Who performs first?: Matt, Mark, Jaimie, Jessica, Kourtni L., Courtney G.
2. Who performs last?: Gev, Joshua, William, Comfort, Kherington, Chelsie H.
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform?: 3rd, 4th, 5th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform?: 1st, 7th, 8th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? Hip Hop, Broadway, Salsa

Dance (75 points each)
1. Who is the hip-hop choreographer? Dave Scott
2. How many “ballroom” (latin included) routines are there? 3
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style? 4-6

1. Who is the third judge? Dan Karaty, Mandy Moore
2. Will Mary say “Hot Tamale Train” more or less than two times? less
3. As Cat takes us into commercial breaks, how many couples will be shown on the side balcony prior to their performance? 2-4

Bonus (100 points each)
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? Chelsie H.
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? Twitch

Predict the Top 10:
Chelsie H.
Comfort
Courtney G
Kherington
Kourtni L.
Jamie
Joshua
Mark
Twitch
William

Predict the Top 4:
Comfort
Courtney G.
Joshua
William

One word prediction of the winner: Joshua

sassymuse

sassymuse

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:16 PM

Question: if there's an option to guess more than one (e.g. hip hop choreographer this week), which gets you more points: 1) one guess that's dead on, or 2) two or three guesses, only one of which is correct?

p.s. for the first couple weeks of this game, I think it might be worth, if it's possible, a short list of instructions at the top of the page? Or did people on the Idol game just go back to page 1 (in this instance), to refresh on rules and to copy the questions?

Edited by sassymuse, Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:18 PM.

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:22 PM

I posted the rules of the game, which address all the questions so far, in Post #6 on page 1 of this thread.

Edited by suprheath1, Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:59 PM.

sassymuse

sassymuse

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:27 PM

sassymuse, you can only pick one hip-hop choreographer. I meant if more than one are used in the show, and you match with one of them, it counts. And you can pick up to 3 styles for Courtney G. Sorry if that's confusing!! =)

I just saw it on the other page.
Should we indicate to you and others, somehow, that because you caught an error, we've edited our answers? For example, should I have written, say, in italics, for Courtney G, where I originally picked one and should have picked three:

Tango, Hiphop, Broadway [last two added by edit]

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:30 PM

It would be GREAT if you could italicize or add in a note when you edit. It shouldn't be a huge deal, since I can see when you edit it. Obviously if it's after the deadline, I have to say your post won't count.

The Flash

The Flash

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:31 PM

So, if you miss this week's game (which we discourage because of the awesome bonus points available), and you want to jump in next week, we'll double whatever score you get next week to account for Week One. I also think we'll provide some kind of bonus opportunity for those people who follow that route. Does that sound fair?

Kind of, but I am a bit concerned that next week might not be as difficult as this week - we'll have our bearings, know who's paired with whom, have seen who already got which styles etc. the first week - so the folks who join late would actually have an unfair advantage over the original players if you doubled their week two score (I am "predicting" right now that just about everyone is going to do better week two than week one).

I like the idea already suggested that anyone who joins late can start off at whatever the current lowest score is. I think any method other than this makes it more advantageous to start later than to play from the beginning.

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:34 PM

Each week's scores should be up on the respective Friday, or by the weekend, at the very latest. So y'all will be getting a weekly progress report of how you guys are doing :)

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:38 PM

I like the idea already suggested that anyone who joins late can start off at whatever the current lowest score is. I think any method other than this makes it more advantageous to start later than to play from the beginning.

OK, sorry for the ongoing posts answering questions, but I'm glad we're getting problems worked out now rather than later.

It does make more sense that as the weeks go on, people SHOULD do better, so let's go with the lowest score idea- that is, if you join the game late, you start off with the current lowest score total so far. I'm not sure how some of the bonus things will pan out in that case, but that just gives you all incentive to join now!!

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 2:49 PM

Hey. We'll see about getting it stickied, but, for now, the rules of the game will be in superheath1's first post - post #6.

Klavier81

Klavier81

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 3:38 PM

Oy, this seems confusing. I'll reread the instructions four or five times and attempt to play. That way one of you won't come in last ! ;-)

JustADream

JustADream

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 3:41 PM

PM either one of us if you have any questions - we don't want it to be *too* confusing! :)

Edited by JustADream, Jun 8, 2008 @ 3:40 PM.

Klavier81

Klavier81

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 5:08 PM

Here goes nothing...really.

1. Who performs first? Chelsie H, Courtney G, Mark, Matt, Gev, Kherington
2. Who performs last? Susie, Comfort, Jessica, Twitch, Joshua, William
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform? 3rd, 4th, 8th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform? 1st, 2nd, 9th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? Contemporary, Hiphop, Samba

Dance (75 points each)
2. How many “ballroom” (latin included) routines are there? 5
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style (as listed on the Fox website)? 2-4

1. Who is the third judge? Dan, Mia
4. How many times will Sabra's name be mentioned by Cat and the judges? 0-2

Bonus (100 points each)
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? Susie
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? Twitch

Boys:
Twitch
Gev
Joshua
Matt
Mark

Girls:
Chelsie H
Kourtni L
Courtney G
Comfort
Susie

Comfort
Courtney G
Matt
Twitch

One word prediction of the winner Courtney G

pitawench

pitawench

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 5:18 PM

1. Who performs first? Twitch, Jamie, William, Kourtni, Chelsie H, Susie
2. Who performs last? Twitch, Joshua, Gev, Comfort, Kourtni, Chelsea
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform? 3rd, 7th, 10th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform? 2nd, 4th, 8th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? Salsa, Argentine Tango, Disco

Dance (75 points each)
1. Who is the hip-hop choreographer? NappyTabs
2. How many “ballroom” (latin included) routines are there? Four
3. How many routines will be labeled as “contemporary”? One
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style 3-5 Does only WCS count for Jamie?

1. Who is the third judge? Dan, Adam
3. As Cat takes us into commercial breaks, how many couples will be shown on the side balcony prior to their performance? 5-7
4. How many times will Sabra's name be mentioned by Cat and the judges? 2-4

Bonus (100 points each)
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? Chelsie
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? Kherington

William
Joshua
Jamie
Twitch
Gev

Kourtni
Chelsie
Comfort
Susie
Kherrington

Chelsie
Kourtni
Twitch
William

One word prediction of the winner (1000 points at end game if correct. This question will come and go through the season, with smaller point values as the competition goes on): Twitch

redtulip

redtulip

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 8:39 PM

1. Who performs first? Twitch, Chelsie H., Comfort, Gev, Kherington, Kourtni L.
2. Who performs last? Twitch, Jamie, Comfort, Susie, Chelsie H., Kherington
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform? 3rd, 5th, 7th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform? 2nd, 4th, 8th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? broadway, hip hop, disco

Dance (75 points each)
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style (as listed on the Fox website)? 3-5

1. Who is the third judge? Dan Karaty, Wade Robson
3. As Cat takes us into commercial breaks, how many couples will be shown on the side balcony prior to their performance? 8-10
4. How many times will Sabra's name be mentioned by Cat and the judges? 3-5

Bonus (100 points each)
1. Who is the first female contestant to be named on the Hot Tamale Train? Chelsie H.
2. Will more male or female past contestants be shown in the audience? male
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? more than one

Twitch
Jamie
William
Gev
Matt

Chelsie
Koutni L.
Courtney G.
Comfort
Kherington

Twitch
Chelsie H.
Comfort
Matt

One word prediction of the winner (1000 points at end game if correct. This question will come and go through the season, with smaller point values as the competition goes on): Twitch

Edit 1: to fix my bold tags
Edit 2: definition of ballroom
Edit 3: number dancing in their styles (I'm done now, I swear!)

Edited by redtulip, Jun 9, 2008 @ 8:58 AM.

solcaliber007

solcaliber007

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 9:51 PM

I'll give this a shot, I did fairly okay in the Speculation thread last year (although the pimpage was so blatant that's not saying much of anything. =P)

1. Who performs first? Thayne, Twitch, Mark, Chelsea T., Jessica, Courtney G.
2. Who performs last? Matt, William, Joshua, Kherington Payne, Chelsie H., Comfort
3. When do Chelsea T. and her partner perform? 4th, 6th, 9th
4. When do Matt and his partner perform? 1st, 8th, 5th
5. What style does Courtney G. perform? Contemporary, Hip Hop, Salsa

Dance (75 points each)
2. How many “ballroom” (latin included) routines are there? 3
4. How many contestants (1-20) will perform in their style (as listed on the Fox website)? 1-3

1. Who is the third judge? Mandy Moore, Dan Karaty

Bonus (100 points each)
3. Who will the first poster shown on screen be in support of? more than one

Matt
Gev
William
Twitch
Jamie

Chelsie H.
Katee
Courtney G.
Comfort
Kourtni L.

Jamie
Courtney G.
Comfort
Matt

One word prediction of the winner (1000 points at end game if correct. This question will come and go through the season, with smaller point values as the competition goes on): Comfort

Edited by solcaliber007, Jun 8, 2008 @ 9:53 PM.