S4 - Courtney Galliano: That's Amore!

• Please log in to reply

180 replies to this topic

dealan

dealan

Fanatic

Posted Aug 8, 2008 @ 3:13 AM

Courtney Is a Peach: Honestly, that girl is adorable and sweet and fun as all get out. Her plans: "I'm going to go home and SLEEP! My body is screaming at me, 'Courtney Galiano, you need to get your booty in bed and take care of yourself for five minutes!' " She also wants a pedicure. "This show is hell on your feet." As for actual future plans, Debbie Allen told me Courtney is heading for her dance school! Here's to her taking season five.

Okay fine, Shortney. You've worn me down with your cuteness. (Honestly it was the pedicure that got me and made me laugh. It's so shallow at first glance, but then she does bring up a good point!)

Bonita Applebum

Bonita Applebum

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 8, 2008 @ 8:56 AM

As for actual future plans, Debbie Allen told me Courtney is heading for her dance school! Here's to her taking season five.

What does that mean? Taking season five? Kristen surely couldn't think she could come back, right? Right?

Courtney I couldn't take my eyes off of her in the Rumba and the Jazz. You rocked it. Does suck you had to be eliminated in lingerie.

nycowgirl

nycowgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 8, 2008 @ 9:52 AM

Dude, Courtney's never been one of my favorites, but even I was pissed off that she had to have her last hurrah wearing the creepy lingerie from Sonya's piece. Don't get me wrong, I loved the dance, but couldn't they have let her put on some clothes before they booted her off the show? It just seemed to me like one more mildly humiliating trial that Nigel et al put her through this season.

Bob War

Bob War

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 9, 2008 @ 8:03 AM

GREAT to hear that "Shortney" (flove that!) is going to Ms. Allen's academy. She's so good now but there IS room for improvement. I can only imagine how awesome she'll be after that.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Aug 13, 2008 @ 7:08 AM

Article > Exclusive Interview: Courtney Galiano of 'So You Think You Can Dance'

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Dec 10, 2008 @ 8:22 AM

Courtesy of SYTYCDism, photos from Courtney Galiano's photoshoot. Wow, the lens just loves the girl.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2009 @ 5:10 AM

Video > Courtney Galliano on FOX Good Day New York

Courtney performs a number with the Knick City Dancers and gets her own honorary night at the Knicks game on Sunday, January 4th, where she'll perform with Gev.

Edited by ByTheWay, Jan 3, 2009 @ 5:13 AM.

ABTJess218

ABTJess218

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2009 @ 4:40 AM

Courtney landed a Clearasil commercial- just saw it as the ad before one of the digital episodes of America's Best Dance Crew. She hip-hops on the subway as part of some romantic entanglement via ipods with another passenger. Yay for Court getting work!

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2009 @ 5:29 AM

Courtney landed a Clearasil commercial ... ABTJess218

Clearasil commercial video

ci ci

ci ci

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 2, 2010 @ 4:00 PM

I recently started re-watching seasons 2-4, so I'll be bumping up old threads, just to make a few comments about some of the contestants.

I found some interesting posts in this thread that pretty much sum up my feelings about Courtney.

IMO her problem is that she isn't memorable by the end of the night.

Agreed. She was so bland in every way possible. She had this standard, competition, cheerleader-y style of dancing in her solos. They were very basic. Nothing remotely interesting or unique about them. Her routines were always solid, but not great. She was a competent dancer. She did what the choreographers asked of her. But she didn't bring any new or interesting elements to her routines. No emotion. No nothing.

Courntey can exit stage left anytime now. I've never been a fan of her her spastic, emo solos or her super fake personality but to follow up what I perceived to be her lukewarm attitude towards Gev with her fawning all over Joshua and Will the last 2 weeks was just too much to stomach.

It doesn't surprise me though; something very phony about her. The way she fondled Josh's bicep was unnecessary have you seen these? he's a man. Ugh. She probably wanted a man from the start. Oh sure. I get the short guy.

I agree with all of this as well. There was definitely something very forced about the "personality" she tried to convey on camera. Maybe if she hadn't tried so hard, and just acted like herself, she may have been easier to relate to.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Apr 20, 2010 @ 6:08 AM

Video > (Zap2It) SYTYCD: Courtney Galiano Joins Season 7 As An Expert Partner

WelcomeStranger

WelcomeStranger

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2010 @ 9:17 PM

Courtney says: "I've been taking ballet ballet ballet." That can't be a bad thing. The worst concern I've had about this new format is the idea of these alumni coming back as out-of-shape fame hounds who aren't even as good as they were on their respective seasons. So to hear that Courtney's been taking classes like crazy helps me exhale a little.

Edited by WelcomeStranger, Apr 20, 2010 @ 9:18 PM.

kara915

kara915

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 2, 2010 @ 12:18 AM

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Courtney was on Glee tonight as one of the pregnant dancers while Quinn was singing. It was very cool to see her again and reminded me to be excited that she'll be back as an All-Star. As an aside, it is always good fun picking out the SYTYCD kids' appearances on Glee :)

bitchy sandwich

bitchy sandwich

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2010 @ 8:44 AM

It was her. She's mentioned it on facebook and twitter. She's makes a very cute pregnant lady, that's for sure.

kara915

kara915

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 8, 2010 @ 10:35 PM

Courtney was on Glee again tonight, for a pretty considerable portion too, of Vocal Adrenaline performing Bohemian Rhapsody. She was front and center for most of it. I won't get into the fact that it doesn't make sense though, that she played a pregnant girl last week for one school, and then a definitely not pregnant girl this week for another school ;). Good on her though, for getting some work!

Edited by kara915, Jun 8, 2010 @ 10:36 PM.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Jun 9, 2010 @ 7:09 PM

Video > (FOX) All-Star Interview: Courtney Galiano

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2010 @ 5:28 PM

Video> GMMR interview with Courtney

Edited by anothermi, Jun 20, 2010 @ 5:28 PM.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Aug 22, 2011 @ 9:08 PM

Courtney is one of the background dancers in the "Glee Movie". She's also appeared on the TV show as one of the Vocal Adrenaline competitors.

Purplish

Purplish

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2011 @ 10:49 AM

***Edited to remove

Edited by Purplish, Aug 23, 2011 @ 10:49 AM.

tredder

tredder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2011 @ 12:17 AM

Courtney had a speaking, non-dancing part in tonight's Glee premiere.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2011 @ 11:20 AM

Oh yeah, I thought that was her. She looks good even when she's dressed up as a Skank.

Gardencrown

Gardencrown

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

Oh no!

Courtney has been diagnosed with MS...not too many details...I know that there are better and worse variations of this shitty disease, so I hope it's one of the better ones...damn.

Good thoughts, wishes, and prayers sent her way!

(With these new forum setups, I have no idea if I managed to link correctly, but I found the link in Allison Holker's twitter.)

mlda88

mlda88

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:14 AM

Oh, my, this was not what I was expecting at all! :( How awful for her! I remember Courtney as full of life and spunk, so I'm sure that positive spirit will serve her well. I, too, hope and pray that it will be mild and treatable.

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

I was saddened when I read about this elsewhere. The dance community, especially the SYTYCD family, is rallying around her for the upcoming MS walk-a-thon. Sending prayers that she will overcome this challenge.

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Courtney will appear in a movie with Al Pacino called Stand Up Guys! This is what she tweeted this week:

The last two days were EPIC. I had the most amazing time dancing with Al, saw some of the footage & just couldn't believe it. #StandUpGuys

I'm wondering how dancing will be incorporated into the film, since it appears to be an action-type film. It co-stars Christopher Walken...how cool is that? I'm curious if she actually dances singly with A. Pacino or in a group dance around him. I hate how cryptic these dancers are in their tweets! Of course, they might not be allowed to say very much. Anyway, something to watch for!

LostLostLost

LostLostLost

Video Archivist

Posted May 26, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

It was great to catch a glimpse of Courtney, along with Robert Rolden, teaching the choreography round in auditions. Wasn't she an All Star on one season? I'd love to see her again this season.

Tavir

Tavir

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 26, 2012 @ 4:15 AM

Just saw the trailer for Stand Up Guys the other day at a movie and was pleasantly surprised to find Courtney's dance scene is briefly featured in it (at around the 1:45 mark, it's less what we usually think of in terms of SYTYCD, but a very sweet little glimpse nonetheless)

Edited by Tavir, Nov 26, 2012 @ 4:16 AM.

HelloooKitty

HelloooKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

Had anyone heard previously about her MS diagnosis?

anothermi

anothermi

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2013 @ 9:35 PM

Scroll up to post #172.  Gardencrown brought a link with the news last year. 

Edited to clarify: That was when/how I learned about it. 

Edited by anothermi, Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:34 AM.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:01 AM

Wow.  I had not heard about her MS diagnosis.  Courtney is one of my favorites and I've been geeking out watching her and Alison on Hit the Floor (the show is terrible, but I love them and will watch as long as they are there).  I've very sorry to hear about whet she's going through and I wish her well.