S4 - Courtney Galliano: That's Amore!

• Please log in to reply

180 replies to this topic

solcaliber007

solcaliber007

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 6, 2008 @ 11:22 PM

I think I fell in love with this girl as soon as she was introduced to us. Very vibrant and personable, and (thankfully) not blonde. Not to mention that her solo was pretty outstanding. Here's to hoping that she'll go far!

The Flash

The Flash

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2008 @ 11:35 PM

She reminds me very much of Natalie from S2 - very strong and grounded. Favorite of the girls at the outset... let's hope she doesn't eff it up!

onnntheradio

onnntheradio

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 12:34 AM

She reminds me so much of Natalie--her technique, her vibe, her emotion, her beauty. I love her; definitely one of my faves so far! I was so excited when she made it.

EmbraceTheDark

EmbraceTheDark

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 12:51 AM

Love her! She's most definitely my favorite girl so far this season. Despite Nigel drooling over her like a dirty old perv, I really enjoyed her audition, her adorable grandparents, and her "my ass wants to go!" comment afterward. And although I try not to put too much stock into the bios on the FOX website, her answers were the most endearing to me.

I liked what I saw from her in the hip hop round, so hopefully she's versatile and doesn't have churn out shitty solos.

Edited by EmbraceTheDark, Jun 7, 2008 @ 12:52 AM.

suprheath1

suprheath1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 1:00 AM

I really like her, and I don't usually like girls like her on the show. For example, she was compared to Natalie a couple posts up, and I agree, but Natalie really grated on me.

I hope I continue to like Courtney.

Cherry Wire

Cherry Wire

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 2:19 AM

I liked what I saw from her in the hip hop round

I liked her Vegas hip-hop too. Surprisingly good, and she'll do well when she and her partner draw that genre out of the hat.

And since SYTYCD loves sob stories, how about her being on the dance team for the awful NY Knicks, who posted a 23-59 record this season? (Although Suzie Garcia has one up on her being a dancer for the even crappier Miami Heat.)

SeattleMorgan

SeattleMorgan

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:04 AM

Her endearing cuteness and big personality does remind me a lot of Natalie. But I think (hopefully at least) that she is the better dancer. Natalie wasn't bad, but certainly out of her league after staying longer than Allison. I'm in love with Courtney's adorable grandparents and crazy Italian family. Didn't Natalie have a crazy Greek family?

shimi

shimi

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:07 AM

I like Courtney's energy. I liked Natalie too, and thought she got a bad edit as the Resident Sexpot of the show, which entertained the judges and choreographers long enough until they were ready to get rid of her and then turned on her. Here's hoping that Courtney ( and all the girls really) don't suffer from that fate, because it is a shitty position to put a dancer in.

I don't know if she's a stronger dancer than Natalie, I'll have to watch a few more vids to see. She was in Kat De Luna's Whine Up video, right? *runs off to un-named video site*

luna_t

luna_t

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:52 AM

She's just... likeable, isn't she? Anybody with grandparents that cool is just kind of awesome by association. And since I don't know anything about dancing, technically speaking, the personality factor means a lot to me. So so far she's the only girl I really feel like cheering for. I think I'm going to like Comfort, but I don't know enough about her yet to be sure.

onnntheradio

onnntheradio

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:57 AM

I liked Natalie too, and thought she got a bad edit as the Resident Sexpot of the show, which entertained the judges and choreographers long enough until they were ready to get rid of her and then turned on her.

I hated that. Because the first few weeks, Natalie didn't really emit any of that extreme sex kitten vibe; she was just a really beautiful, emotive dancer. But then it all started with that solo that was so oversexed...and it all went downhill from there.

TheItGirl

TheItGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2008 @ 10:15 AM

I'm a little biased because I'm from her hometown and went to the same dance school, but I'm rooting for her. She's got such a likable personality and she's really talented. She's really energetic and it's obvious she loves what she's doing. I never really watched other seasons but my friend told me she was on and I had to watch, so hopefully she makes it far :).

EmbraceTheDark

EmbraceTheDark

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2008 @ 12:20 AM

Spend a Day With Courtney Galiano

Aww I like her so damn much, and she comes across as so personable, sweet, and likable in the video. I really hope she lives up to my (high) expectations, and I really hope she does well on the show.

But then it all started with that solo that was so oversexed...and it all went downhill from there.

The "Some Girls" solo? I have to admit I have a crazy amount of love for that thing, from Natalie's outfit and swagger to those crazy hinge turns. Honestly, if Courtney (or any of the girls for that matter) could deliver a solo that fierce and memorable, she'd forever be in my good graces.

Edited by EmbraceTheDark, Jun 11, 2008 @ 12:32 AM.

alvin etler

alvin etler

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2008 @ 1:45 AM

Thanks for the video, EmbraceTheDark. I really hope I enjoy her dancing on the show as much as I do her personality at this point.

justagrl

justagrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2008 @ 11:15 AM

Loooooooove Courtney! <3

Here in an article about her from a New York paper today:

http://www.nydailyne...ard_knicks.html

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2008 @ 12:15 PM

Yay for Courtney! I liked her from the first moment they showed her in the auditions. She's really likeable and the fact that she was there with her grandparents endeared her to me even more. I wasn't blown away by her audition but I still think she could pull off some awesome routines, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do.

Also, and this will probably only make sense to Canadian viewers, does anyone else think she looks EXACTLY like 2006 Canadian Idol Eva Avila? I thought it was quite jarring. Heh.

justagrl

justagrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2008 @ 5:04 PM

I think that Courtney does resemble Eva... but IMO Courtney has more "sexiness" TO HER!

goyourownway

goyourownway

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2008 @ 5:09 PM

Also, and this will probably only make sense to Canadian viewers, does anyone else think she looks EXACTLY like 2006 Canadian Idol Eva Avila? I thought it was quite jarring. Heh.

Yes yes, I definitely see it. First thing I thought when I saw her audition.

sassymuse

sassymuse

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2008 @ 8:18 PM

Last night it hit me: something about her, when she's being interviewed, reminds me of Sandra Bullock (for me, that's a good thing -- I think she's smart, gracious, pretty, and accessible). I am not too sure about the chemistry between Gev and Chelsea, though. It didn't seem to translate well on screen, though they spoke of being very comfortable with one another in rehearsal.

Edited by sassymuse, Jun 12, 2008 @ 8:21 PM.

justagrl

justagrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 12, 2008 @ 10:12 PM

SO happy she was safe! <3

I still think we won't see the "best" that Courtney has to offer unless she separates from Gev. He just isn't a strong enough dancer and now I am terrified if they get any other routines that require lifts!

Is any else reminded of Dominic and Sabra when they see Gev and Courtney? A BBoy and a Contemporary dancer. Neither guy strong enough to get through ballroom/partner dances. SUCH similarities... and I hope that Courtney continues with that trend if only because Sabra won last season haha

Hermosa

Hermosa

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2008 @ 2:01 PM

I guess i'm alone, but I find her incredibly grating and I thought Gev was better than her in the Disco routine. She's one of my least favourite girls in the competition. But then I wasn't keen on Sabra either and wouldn't have had her in the top 10 let alone win the show so clearly I've got different taste, but that's what makes the board so interesting to read. The things i hate in a dancer other people really like.

Edited by Hermosa, Jun 13, 2008 @ 2:02 PM.

spicegurrl

spicegurrl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2008 @ 2:07 PM

Co-sign. Gev out-performed her. She's a mediocre dancer with a boring personality. But she'll stay because Nigel has a hard-on for a pretty face.

Freckles101

Freckles101

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2008 @ 2:39 PM

Courtney is one of my favorite girls, and I was thrilled that she was safe. And even though there hasn't been one disco routine that I've actually liked, I thought the yellow dress she was wearing was really pretty.

EmbraceTheDark

EmbraceTheDark

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 13, 2008 @ 11:19 PM

Courtney >>>>>>> Sabra

I do not think Gev outperformed her in any way, shape, or form and was the weaker one but different strokes and all that. And I know this is wrong, but I really do give most dancers a pass when they don't do particularly well in disco because I hate that shit with a deep, fiery passion, I think Doriana is a hack and personally, I haven't enjoyed a disco routine since Nick/Kamilah way back in Season 1.

Courtney's certainly no Comfort, but I happen to love her personality and find her very likable and down-to-earth. However, I am indeed worried she might become boring and forgettable - I can totally see it happening, and despite that pretty face, Nigel sure didn't seem too thrilled with the dancing for the most part. Granted, my expectations for her have been waayyyyy too high, but I do need her to step up her game. I like Gev and Courtney as individuals, and I think they look like nice together and their personalities do seem to match well, but I don't know how much all of that will translate to the stage or if I will enjoy the actual dancing the couple produces. I guess we'll wait and see...

Edited by EmbraceTheDark, Jun 13, 2008 @ 11:30 PM.

justagrl

justagrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 14, 2008 @ 2:41 PM

Isn't this startling?? Courtney and Rachel Bilson (from the OC)

http://img409.images...ourtney1dv1.jpg

http://img409.images...elbilsonnz5.jpg

IMO Courtney is prettier!! <3

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Jun 14, 2008 @ 7:13 PM.
removed images

kalliep

kalliep

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 14, 2008 @ 5:46 PM

Isn't this startling?? Courtney and Rachel Bilson (from the OC)

Not that surprising. My roommate and I first referred to her as the Rachel Bilson look-alike.

Judging from her audition, she seems to be the strongest contemporary girl in the top 20 (although that's not saying much for this year's bunch). Even if she's not that strong, I think her and Gev will sail to the top 10 based on the cuteness factor.

Truman

Truman

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 14, 2008 @ 10:09 PM

I think her and Gev will sail to the top 10 based on the cuteness factor.

They are pretty darn cute, and I think they both did a decent job for week 1. I am hoping they have a chance to do hip-hop together before they get eliminated. Courtney said in her interview that she had some hip hop training, and I am sure Gev will kill it. They are one of my favorite couples so far.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2008 @ 11:10 PM

I'm not sold on her yet. I agree she's a pretty girl and she seems nice enough. Also she got stuck with a sucky routine, so I'm not writing her off after one week, but I didn't think she was very charismatic on stage. I was actually a little surprised because I expected more I guess in that department. She had the moves, but seemed a bit flat. I'm hoping it was just the disco working against her because otherwise I don't know if she'll stick around too long.

justagrl

justagrl

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 15, 2008 @ 4:21 AM

I would definitely chalk up her performance (which IMO wasn't bad at ALL... just not spectacular) to the disco routine, not having a strong enough partner to work with, and perhaps some "first day" nerves. All of the dancers seemed a bit timid and sloppy in their footwork and technique that night.

I would put money on the fact that Courtney will bust loose next week! Having seen her technique, personality, and professionalism... I see it as a DEFINITE!! :)

riot pills

riot pills

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2008 @ 1:57 PM

I was really impressed with Courtney on the hiphop group routine they did (the parts where she was shown at least...) I thought she was really rocking the moves there convincingly. So if she and Gev get hiphop next, I think that's got a great potential to rock.

Niuxita

Niuxita

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2008 @ 5:34 PM

I wasn't really sold on Courtney's partnership with Gev (the disco wasn't the best routine to start off the competition with) until their contemporary this week. I totally fell in love with them. Not only was the routine beautiful, but I thought they executed it perfectly and made it look effortless. I totally agree with Cat in that I just want to put them in my pocket, they are so adorable. And Gev is right, Courtney is such a cutie. She looks so adorably young, too, I can't believe she's 20!