Dina Lohan: Hopefully This Thread Will Show Up On Google

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

25 replies to this topic

Setlist

Setlist

Fanatic

• Interests:Indie rock music, skee ball, air hockey, and selling records.

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 3:25 PM

I still don't understand why Dina would want to push another kid into the public eye. But as the show goes on, I'm sure these questions will all be answered.

Talk about Dina, your favorite ex-Rockette, here.

jennisaurusrex

jennisaurusrex

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 3:37 PM

It's a shame that after watching Dina Lohan in action, my first thought was "Poor Lindsay!"-- how any children could be left in her care is too scary to think about, and one of the most sensible things Lindsay ever did was distance herself from Mama Lohan. That's one crazy mother.

It's impossible for me to take her seriously. Anyone who spends her days googling the names of her family members and then threatening those who put the stories up via telephone is just ridiculous. I know she fancies herself a businesswoman and all, but judging from the way kids under her care tend to turn out, I think she'd be better off finding something else to do.

MoreRidonkulous

MoreRidonkulous

Fanatic

Posted May 31, 2008 @ 11:16 PM

I still don't understand why Dina would want to push another kid into the public eye.

I think its pretty obvious.

For herself.

It's a combination of living vicariously through her kids, taking advantage of their fame to live wild herself, getting rich, and a dozen other scummy selfish motives.

Miss Write

Miss Write

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2008 @ 9:52 PM

It's a combination of living vicariously through her kids, taking advantage of their fame to live wild herself, getting rich, and a dozen other scummy selfish motives.

Add to that her complete obliviousness to how screwed up her kids really are. I think she gets some sort of thrill by googling all of their names (or paying someone else to do it) and finding something like the supposed photo of Lindsay with Callum Best. She seems like she thrives on the chaos and attention.

The big question is: How long until Ali gets pregnant and Dina sells the story to OK! Magazine?

Edited by Miss Write, Jun 1, 2008 @ 9:55 PM.

MerrickLight

MerrickLight

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 7:14 AM

What is up with her being referred to as White Oprah and Orange Oprah, which is funny as hell, but? I mean, I know gossip sites call her that, but I don't get the link with Oprah.

nme525

nme525

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 7:30 AM

IIRC, there was an interview with her where she mentioned that all of Lindsay and/or Ali's friends come to her for advice and because of that she thinks of herself as the White Oprah. Orange probably comes from the color she is after all the fake tanning.

eta: Here is the article and that particular part:

Dina tells Star she has the gift to gab — and daughter Lindsay seconds that — so hosting a TV show is a natural move. “I love to talk,” Dina tells Star. “Lindsay’s friends call me ‘The White Oprah’ because they all come to me with their problem. I’m like the mom of these kids in the business!”

Edited by nme525, Jun 5, 2008 @ 7:32 AM.

clairedawn

clairedawn

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 11:41 AM

I think Dina also referred to herself as the "White Oprah" on the Lohan E! True Hollywood Story. I believe it was Perez Hilton who started referring to her as the Orange Oprah because of her perpetually (fake) tan skin, although I would hate to give Perez credit for anything, especially if that was not the origin!

tribema

tribema

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 1:46 PM

Anyone who spends her days googling the names of her family members and then threatening those who put the stories up via telephone is just ridiculous.

I think the thing that shocked me most about Dina was the bit with her at the computer (natch) and looking at someone not Lindsay Lohan performing oral sex...alongside her 14 year old daughter. What the? Yeah, it's blurry but sheesh.

I think Dina is all kinds of crazy but the problem is that yeah she's batshit but it's totally humorless. If she was a little funny and/or self-aware about how she behaves then it would be different but she takes this all so earnestly (Ali Lohan is an ARTIST). Course, if she was self-aware then she wouldn't be Dina Lohan...Google Queen and that probably makes her the bigger mess.

And, 'Orange Oprah' never fails to make me laugh.

Edited by tribema, Jun 5, 2008 @ 1:47 PM.

MerrickLight

MerrickLight

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 5:39 PM

Dina tells Star she has the gift to gab — and daughter Lindsay seconds that — so hosting a TV show is a natural move. “I love to talk,” Dina tells Star. “Lindsay’s friends call me ‘The White Oprah’ because they all come to me with their problem. I’m like the mom of these kids in the business!”

Ahh, OK. Thanks everyone, I had a scary few moments where I thought someone was going to be giving her a talk show.

I believe it was Perez Hilton who started referring to her as the Orange Oprah because of her perpetually (fake) tan skin, although I would hate to give Perez credit for anything, especially if that was not the origin!

I don't know if he started it, but he does call her that often on his site.

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 9:18 AM

I think Dina also referred to herself as the "White Oprah" on the Lohan E! True Hollywood Story. I believe it was Perez Hilton who started referring to her as the Orange Oprah because of her perpetually (fake) tan skin, although I would hate to give Perez credit for anything, especially if that was not the origin!

I thought that it was MK of Dlisted.com who really started using it. I still find it funny that she googles herself or her family all of the time. Definitely trying to be a big fish in a big pond when you're a small fish.

sphoebus

sphoebus

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:33 AM

Yes, the Googling is ridiculous. Suggestion: Instead of spending a lot of time seeing how others interpret your behavior why don't you give them something good to write about? Maybe Linds could stay off the booze/drugs, and stop whoring around, and stop giving bitch-face to the paps (she always has the furrowed brow thing going on). And maybe you, Dina, could show an interest in something besides promoting yourself. And it doesn't count to show an interest in your children's "careers", such as they are, because we know you're seeking the glory there too.

Edited by sphoebus, Jun 7, 2008 @ 10:33 AM.

Thebackstage

Thebackstage

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 10, 2008 @ 6:56 PM

The show is more about Dinah managing Ali not the other way around. I think thats better for Ali. But Dinah is a good mom in my opinion and shes also a business savvy women witch is a good idea.

clairedawn

clairedawn

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2008 @ 11:01 PM

So my friend went to see a plastic surgeon about a scar on her face she wants to have fixed and she got a packet from the doctor incuding a brochure with all the usual publicity testimonials about him...and there was a huge picture of Dina Lohan endorsing him. Why would anyone show Dina Lohan as an example of good plastic surgery, I told my friend she needs to find a new doc! So we are guessing Dina gets free injections or whatever she pumps into her face in exchange for endorsing the doctor and giving him a "celebrity clientele" list he can use for promoting purposes. I just thought it was funny to see Dina Lohan on that brochure b/c when she is doing her "confessional" talking to the camera shots she looks like the biggest plastic surgery victim ever.

limaman67

limaman67

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 16, 2008 @ 10:12 AM

Dina keeps on referring on when she was in the business. Was she ever involved in show business herself?
She claimed to be a rockette and it was proven that it was bull. She is just delusionnal. Get that sorry woman off the air, please.

Setlist

Setlist

Fanatic

• Interests:Indie rock music, skee ball, air hockey, and selling records.

Posted Jun 16, 2008 @ 12:00 PM

Was she ever involved in show business herself?

Supposedly she was an uncredited cameo in The Parent Trap, as "Woman in Airport". So, no.

I'd love to see what Dina was like before Lindsay got famous. Or even before Lindsay was born. I don't know if the sudden fame made her this way, or she was one of those kids who claimed she'd be Miss America in 8th grade and believed it.

After the last episode, where she allowed Ali to get the dog after telling her no straight up, I hope she doesn't publish a book on parenting like Britney's Mom did.

Jack Spencer Jr

Jack Spencer Jr

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 16, 2008 @ 5:25 PM

oh, god. Apparently Dina refers to herself as the "white Opra." I really don't get that, and I do not want to.

keki

keki

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2008 @ 11:31 AM

haha, where did you hear that? Did she mention it during her reality show - Living Lohan?

Perez Hilton gives them such a hard time, especially Lindsay. I swear ever other day he's saying something awful about the family.

Jack Spencer Jr

Jack Spencer Jr

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 17, 2008 @ 3:02 PM

It's on her IMBd page in the trivia section.

As for Pez Hilton... since when did a blogger become someone worth worrying about? I mean, really. Everyone and their kid sister has a blog these days.

carried away

carried away

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 17, 2008 @ 7:32 PM

In an interview (I forget who with) Dina said that all of Lindsay's friends came to her for advice to she's like the White Oprah.

Miss Modular

Miss Modular

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 19, 2008 @ 4:14 PM

I finally had to come out of lurking, because I'm surprised no one has posted these videos here yet.

Tracey Ullman as Dina Lohan

Stay-At-Club Mom

Ali Lohan is dead

MerrickLight

MerrickLight

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 20, 2008 @ 9:47 PM

I still find it funny that she googles herself or her family all of the time.

Anyone want to take bets that within a years time, Dina will appear on some talk show or magazine interview saying "You know the Lohan's are the most Googled of any celebrity." That's why I think she has everyone do the Googling (OK, how cool is it now that Google is noun, verb, adverb and everything else) I don't know if Google tracks that kind of stuff, but remember back when internet 'celebrities' were referring to themselves as the 'most downloaded' and 'most searched for.'

Dina is a whack job, but she might just be a marketing and PR savant.

ghertigirl

ghertigirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 21, 2008 @ 12:52 PM

Is Dina Lohan ever happy or joyous? I swear, I've never seen genuine happiness out of her. Oh, that's right, she's a victim; therefore, she cannot ever be happy or smile.

Edited by ghertigirl, Jun 21, 2008 @ 12:53 PM.

Minxs

Minxs

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2008 @ 2:04 AM

Tracey Ullmann is hilarious, but I object -- she is way too pretty too look like Dina Lohan. Add a two-inch prosthesis to her chin, make her hold her mouth in that weird circle shape, and raise her hairline so you get the long horseface.

The voice was good, but not quite raspy enough.

Also, the hair was way wrong. It needs to be a foot longer and in thin stringy curls, not a cohesive mop. Besides, Dina doesn't toss her head that much; she strokes her hair and tosses it (or tries to, since it's difficult to toss a strand consisting of twelve hairs).

[Ed: ghertigirl is right: Dina is never happy. So that's another problem with Tracy's imitation, because she has Dina constantly laughing, which isn't correct either.

Verdict: excellent content but poor likeness to Dina. Come on, Tracy, you can do much better when you have this much to work with!

Edited by Minxs, Jun 22, 2008 @ 2:10 AM.

furrylump

furrylump

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2008 @ 10:30 PM

Is Dina Lohan ever happy or joyous? I swear, I've never seen genuine happiness out of her. Oh, that's right, she's a victim; therefore, she cannot ever be happy or smile.

Unlike those IMPACT kids she was using to get a happy ending for her show. I have no doubt their situations were much worse than her and Ali's, but they were still able to have fun, and I didn't see any of them whining about their victimization either.

Edited by furrylump, Jun 24, 2008 @ 4:13 PM.

mysticaltrini

mysticaltrini

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 25, 2008 @ 9:17 AM

This woman needs to stop using her children as an outlet to her fame. I find it almost pathertic how they show random pictures of Lindsay. Even worse when Dina supposedly called her after the blurry picture on the net surface, but it was edited. Seemed more like she was leaving a voice message because I figure Lindsay wouldn't dare pick up. But it was edited to make it seemed like she was on the phone with her.

The only normal child seems to be Cody. I feel sorry for Lindsay and now Ali. And my heart goes out to Micheal Jr. Not just because of the name he's forced to live with, but it seems like he has to sacrifice his own life to try and save that downward-spiral of siblings he has. He does a good job, given all the odds against him. My heart goes out to him.

As for Orange-Oprah, I do believe Perez started that but who knows, I wouldn't be suprised if he heard it from someone in conversation then tried to coin it as his own.

Dina needs to be put down... seriously.

Atleast she did do one thing. Because of her incessant googling, I tried it. I googled them to see what comes up, so her plan worked. I'm sure she's just trying to increase her *coughs* I mean her kids exposure.

cricketeer

cricketeer

Just Tuned In

• Interests:Music, dancing, painting, soccer, volleyball, disneyworld

Posted Jun 28, 2008 @ 10:29 PM

is that "white oprah" thing serious? thats disgusting. i dont know why anyone takes her seriously, she's terrible. i've watched a few clips from living lohan and i'm just appauled at the type of mother she portrays herself as. its gross.

[snip]

Edited by TWoP Mars, Jul 1, 2008 @ 2:45 AM.
Capitalization/punctuation addressed