4-13: "There's No Place Like Home Part 2" 2008.05.29

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1019 replies to this topic

TWoP Sun

TWoP Sun

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 6:05 PM

From Zap2it.com:

The Oceanic Six find themselves closer to rescue as the confrontation between the survivors and the freighter people continues.

trice77

trice77

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 10:00 PM

Locke is Bentham???? WTF?

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

LOL Ben actually did move the island afterall! So I guess that snap about a mouse in his wheel wasn't too far fetched!!

Wow. I'm still digesting!!

cid

cid

Couch Potato

Best rockin-est, bad-assest finale ever.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Desmond: Time Travel Master, God of Sex, Lord of the BOOM.

I was impressed by Kirby's fight against Sayid. That's probably the longest someone has lasted against him.

Walt is like, 30. Since Hurley always looks so cute holding kids, I half expected Walt to say "...and this is my daughter" and hand Hurley an infant.

Lie to them, Jack. If you do it half as well as you lie to yourself, they'll believe you.

Um, Jack? That sound you're hearing? It's the sound of being OWNED.

Miles: What do I mean?

Oh, Miles. You're a sneaky one. Rose is right to keep an eye on you. (Of course she is, she's right about everything!)

Locke: Is this the magic box?
Kate: No, I'm standing right here.

Locke: Is he saying what I think he's saying?
Ben: If you mean time traveling bunnies, then yes.

Maybe Sawyer's been on Craphole to long to know/remember, but the new plastic-face Kenny Rogers looks nothing like my filthy blue-eyed sweetheart Lapidus!

You all know that Jin wasn't doomed by Widmore or the Island or Jacob or God or destiny or even C-4, right? He was doomed by this:

Kate: You get the baby on the chopper, I'll get Jin.

That betch is such bad luck to dudes, she'll kill you just by talking about helping you. OMG, she's the female Sayid! (In their relationships to the opposite sex only. Obviously.)

I do not approve of Future Sayid's hair. It's too straight or controlled or something.

So, when Craphole moves, it sounds like a didgeridoo? I was expecting to see a koala hanging off the helicopter.

Ben: I'm sorry I made your life so miserable.
Locke: Don't worry about it. It made me feel right at home!

Hurley: I can't believe his did it. I can't believe he moved the island.
Jack: No, he didn't.
Hurley: Unless we like, overlooked it, dude? That's exactly what he did.

I really wanted Claire to be in Aaron's room upon Kate's real awakening. Then she could turn to her and say "Yeah, bitch. I SAID don't bring my kid back to the island. And WHAT?!"

I am unafraid. Craphole will revive the Eye Crinkles of Awesome. There is no other choice.

Edited by JessicaLovejoy, May 29, 2008 @ 10:05 PM.

Kuranda

Kuranda

Couch Potato

They actually gave us the Des/Penny reunion…while we still cared!!!!! I think I was as shocked as they were! That…was…beautiful and…I’ll bite, “spectacular”!!! OK…breath…focus

“I have a tracking station.” Penny rules, period. I swear any bad day I have, that scene will cheer me up, for months. …

Sun absolutely broke my heart; incredible acting job in the helicopter. I loved how frantic that was, no sense, no chance to plan, just where you were standing dictated whether you lived or died. (Well actually, mostly it was whether you were a regular dictated…*ahem* moving on). Jin? Probably dead…but hey I didn’t see a body. Michael is “free” now though, but Walt’s set to return. He doesn’t know his Dad is dead.

Awww, Sawyer thinks Kate is dead and after he went full on self-sacrificing romantic hero for her. That sucks! He got a great kiss for the road though! A Juliet and Sawyer partnership has the potential to be awesome I am thinking. They’re going to need each other if things are so bad on the island even Locke admits it.

Oh and the Desmond drowning fake out? Not funny Darlton!!!! Neither was the split second I though Sayid was there to kill Hurley. Totally forgiven from the moment I heard “Ms. Widmore!”. That, and Hurley laying the subtle smackdown on Jack in the raft about the “island moving”. Also Sayid laying the smackdown on Keamy was a thing of beauty!

“You just killed everyone on that boat!”…. “So?” -Oh Ben I think I love you most of all…but still don’t kill Penny!!

I do wish we had head the conversation on Penny’s boat. It does seem to me that she knows her father is in on it. Jack’s “Don’t let him find you Desmond” line. Who else could he mean? Ben and Locke are on the island. If Penny explained a bit more about what’s going on I really hope we get a flashback to that scene.

OK so “very bad things” on the island…they’ve got me stumped there. The question becomes is Sayid working with Ben to gather the Six for a return to the island? Or is he really taking Hurley “somewhere safe”? Was the man he killed Ben’s or Widmore’s? The wildcard here is Desmond, presumably he’s off somewhere hiding with Penny (hell after all the time that’s past they could be married with kids) but in the “all of you must return to the island” scene he is not mentioned. What about Frank!

And what about Sun? Who is she talking about with Widmore when she said “we weren’t the only ones who left the island”? Ben? Lock? The Scottish dude who ran off with your daughter? Does Sun want to go back or does she just want revenge? Either way she’s awesome. Oh and at best, Locke is only mostly dead.

The Person who moves the island never comes back. Charles Widmore anyone?

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

If that wasn't the greatest mindfuck of the entire television season, I don't what was. I'm still reeling from the events (thrilled that Sun becomes a badass out of revenge, knew that Locke would be the "Corpse In A Box!" and wondered why Sawyer swam back to shore with his jeans), but that was OUT. STAND. ING!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go stop crying about Penny and Desmond being together again.

Themomof3

Themomof3

Video Archivist

Someone is going to have to seriously explain to me everything that just happened.

I think I'm overwhelmed.

krizmic

krizmic

Fanatic

Charlotte = Annie.

That's all I know.

Chainlightning

Chainlightning

Couch Potato

I was all set to talk about the awesome moments in the awesome finale to the awesome season...

...until that final shot of Locke in the coffin crowned them ALL.

Kudos, Lost. A finale to be proud of!

Carmella

Carmella

Couch Potato

Well, I thought that was boring and just blah.

And moving the island with a wheel was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

BrodysMother

BrodysMother

Channel Surfer

Brilliant.

LollipopGal82

LollipopGal82

Fanatic

Holy shit.

Energiya Buran

Energiya Buran

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

I can't wait 8 months...I just can't. I want more now. LOVED EVERY MINUTE. More after I digest and my head stops spinning.

nylissa

nylissa

Just Tuned In

I'm still at a lost of words...wow

MourningWash

MourningWash

Loyal Viewer

I'm sorry. Taking the baby when they could've left him with Penny and Des is lunacy bordering on criminal. Not ONLY are they subjecting the baby to even more time without food and water and the hot sun but they could've left him with P&D and then NOT HAD TO LIE. Why make the lie more complicated? Gah! I mean, I see if they wanted to keep in touch with Aaron, but we know Penny's number. They could call her and get the baby later! Gah!

marybqq

marybqq

Just Tuned In

AWESOME! LF108 was right!

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

OK, way too much to digest in one bite, but here's what I got:
Locke's in the box. Locke's in the booooox!
The island disappearing? Was some freaky-ass shit right there.
Damn, Walt's a man.
That clever Darlton, here I thought they oversold the Skate kiss, when the 'spectactular' kiss was Des-Penny. I may have gotten some dust in my eye at that moment. Damn, I thought Des was a goner.
So, the only ones with a really happy ending were Des-Penny.
Questions:
Is Jin really dead?
What about Daniel and his boatload of castaways?

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

What did Sawyer whisper to Kate before he jumped?

Poor Jin/Sun, that sucks.

WHOA Locke in the casket!

Kuranda

Kuranda

Couch Potato

Whoops double post! Board is going crazy. Minds blown!

Edited by Kuranda, May 29, 2008 @ 10:05 PM.

akiwisgirl

akiwisgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 10:02 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!! LOCKE?????? Seriously?????? I have to wait until February??? This is so not fair!

Not Sure

Not Sure

Couch Potato

Can't....breathe....overwhelmed with...awesometasticality....

Penny! Desmond! Thank you for giving us one happy ending! (Or middling, anyway).

pirouette

pirouette

Couch Potato

Holy. Shit.

That was an amazing two hours of television.

But holy shit. Oh. my. god.

Benzeyebrow3

Benzeyebrow3

Channel Surfer

can't process fast enough....all I have to say is that I love Ben, lmao.
Charlotte = Annie!!!! BRILLANT!!!!
Locke in the coffin!!!!!!
Sawyer!!!!!
Sorry, still processing! :)

Sen

Sen

Channel Surfer

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 10:03 PM

Huh, there really was a Frozen Donkey Wheel.

DownsideUp

DownsideUp

Fanatic

They actually gave us the Des/Penny reunion…while we still cared!!!!! I think I was as shocked as they were! That…was…beautiful and…I’ll bite, “spectacular”!!! OK…breath…focus

ITA! The Pesmond kiss was by far the most spectacular one of the 2. While I loved the Kate/Sawyer smooch, the Pesmond was definitely the one they should have built up.

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Heh. Those bastards. The "frozen donkey wheel" turns out to be... a frozen donkey wheel.

My biggest squee of the night was when the closed-captioning said, "speaking Portuguese." Frank surviving was a big plus.

I've been waffling for quite some time about Locke vs. Ben in the coffin. Until Ben snuck up on Jack at the funeral home, I was still thinking it was Ben. So did Locke move the island later? Can he and Locke go back with the 6? Do Frank and Desmond have to go back, too? Did Widmore move the island at some point in the past? Just... too much! (But in a good way.)

It did feel just a wee bit padded. It was probably like 90 minutes of story. But that's OK.

Sawyer jumping out of the helicopter was so wonderful. I like to think it was as much to keep Hurley from doing so as anything. So do he and Juliet think the 6 are dead? Does Locke think that at the moment?

So I'm thinking next season is simultaneous action on island post-move and off island post-this-episode? Maybe it's also been moved to 2008 (since we now know it's been three years since they left.)

Where did Daniel end up? Loved the Miles-Charlotte stuff. I really want to know Charlotte's deal. That's actually probably my biggest question!

It's funny that they keep mentioning the people back on the island, which basically is... Sawyer. He and Locke are the only ones left of the original 815ers, right? Except of course for Jin, who swam back to the island!!! [/wishful thinking] Glad they killed off all/most of the red shirts. Now we just have red shirt Others.

Geez, just too much in my head right now.

ETA:

Though I knew Craphole Island would pick this moment to kill Michael why did the stupid Island pick now to kill Michael?

My thought: because he had held off the explosion long enough to save Aaron.

Edited by idledandy, May 29, 2008 @ 10:17 PM.

zenwarner

zenwarner

Channel Surfer

God, I love this show!
Questions:
Is Daniel just floating out in the freakin ocean?
"Can I have my weapon back?"
How the hell can Jack say Sawyer chose to stay? In such a disdainful way. He saved them!
And Did I really see Frank fix the fuel leak with duct tape?

trem

trem

Video Archivist

I can’t say much right now because a) I have trouble with thinking after this show and b) I wanna go to bed but I will say these things:

1) I am very upset about Jin.
2) Though I knew Craphole Island would pick this moment to kill Michael why did the stupid Island pick now to kill Michael?
3) I hope Ben dies in a most horrible way. Whether or not he is right about the Island and whether or not he is the lesser of two evils compared to Widmore he is still the heinous little weasel who gassed a bunch of hippies (they were kind of hippie-ish right?), terrorized plane wrecked survivors and then killed a boat full of people with no regard to anyone but himself and his pain. He only cares about himself and how things affect him and therefore he is not a good guy and he deserves to bite the big one in the worst way. I love Michael Emerson. Hate Ben.
4) Flash-forward Aaron really does look like Claire.
5) I love Matthew Fox and I love Jack and I will not apologize for it.
6) I am super happy that Frank lived. I wanted to like Fahey and I got to and that is awesome.

Above all … Thank you show for letting Desmond live and find Penny. Even if we never see them again, though I sincerely hope we do, I appreciate that Desmond got his happy ending. It may be the fact that I am a complete sucker for a Scottish accent but I really like Des (and Henry Ian Cusick) a lot and I am very glad he hasn’t died and that all is well with him. I had a feeling that when Widmore told Ben he’d never find Penny it was because she and Des ran off together and I think I may actually be right about something.

This did turn out long. Didn’t mean it to. Ah, well. Even when I have no words for this show I have too many words.

The Person who moves the island never comes back. Charles Widmore anyone?

So smart. And Charlotte being Annie would be way more interesting if I liked Charlotte.

Edited by trem, May 29, 2008 @ 10:20 PM.

Raven52

Raven52

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 10:04 PM

Let me get to the moments that I can digest. Hurley was so happy that Sawyer returned for him, Jack- not so much..lol

Jack better watch his back, Sun is a bad bitch who will cut you.