Craig: Surrounded by Insane People

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

28 replies to this topic

svarlo

svarlo

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 9:28 AM

Craig's Bio:

San Diego, CA
Education: B.A. Point Loma Nazarene University

Craig has been overweight his entire life so he developed a sense of humor to make friends. He is a lovable prankster with a big heart, and his magnetic personality has gotten him through life. Craig plans on using his endearing nature and non-threatening appearance to win the players' trust and then manipulate them. Craig knows his physical limitations, but says this can be an asset in the game because everyone will underestimate him. He hopes to surprise everyone with his abilities. Craig has sleep apnea, so he must sleep with a special machine to help him breath while sleeping. Craig has traveled extensively and worked as a humanitarian disaster relief aide worker in Turkey and Thailand.

elliegeek1

elliegeek1

Channel Surfer

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 1:54 PM

I've never actually watched The Mole but I may have to now because I actually know this guy.

svarlo

svarlo

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 2:05 PM

Really? Please tell us about him! Do you think he might have any mole-like characteristics?

elliegeek1

elliegeek1

Channel Surfer

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 2:13 PM

I honestly am not sure what those are because as I said I haven't watched the show. I assume sneakiness would be one. I don't know, he's a very sweet guy but he's also pretty smart so I guess I could see him being sneaky. I certainly didn't know he was going to be on the show. I think I might see him tonight, so I'll see if I can get any scoop.

Meedis

Meedis

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2008 @ 6:07 PM

He may not be able to tell you much since I'm sure he had to sign some confidentiality agreements before participating in the show that would bar him from talking about the experience. Though he may still throw some scoops his way...like does he really hate Nicole? I was a bit surprised by his words after Marci's execution that he wished Nicole was the one gone. Then again noone would expect the Mole to have such a reaction to a player so that would be a definite cover moment, along with Paul's overacting.

tealcandtrip

tealcandtrip

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 10, 2008 @ 11:23 AM

I love the way he acknowledges his limitations and tries to punch through them anyway (unlike say... Bobby). That shot of Kristen pushing the wheelbarrow was great because Craig may have been behind, but he was still trucking.

And give the man credit for immediately stepping in when he could help. He's smart, he's funny, and I don't think he's the mole.

Editted for clarity.

Edited by tealcandtrip, Jun 10, 2008 @ 11:27 AM.

LolaLilaLilly

LolaLilaLilly

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 10, 2008 @ 9:45 PM

He's actually my pick for being the mole because, right now, he's the "least obvious" which I think, ironically, makes him the most obvious. Everyone else is just too obiviously useless and bickery to be the mole. The Mole wouldn't do something so obivious as to, say, fake a leg cramp and have his put trucked around in a wheelbarrow to throw a challenge.

Eponah

Eponah

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2008 @ 11:50 AM

Craig has sleep apnea, so he must sleep with a special machine to help him breath while sleeping.

Was he able to take his machine along on the game? Didn't he sleep outside the first episode? How could he use it? Seems like too much of a physical issue to participate in the game.

18matt

18matt

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2008 @ 1:43 PM

If you go on the mole webpage at abc.com, there is a preview for next week's episode, and at the very end, Craig makes a comment that cracked me up!

Rabrab

Rabrab

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2008 @ 3:17 PM

He probably uses what's called a C-PAP. They're quite small -- mine is literally both smaller and lighter than a hard-back copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and all that he would need would be for production to run a standard extension cord out to the cots. As long as there's power (even a car battery and an inverter, or one of those jumper-packs will work for one night) it'll be no problem.

Catcher22

Catcher22

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2008 @ 10:35 PM

I'm not sure if Craig's the mole, but if he isn't, he's the one I want to see win the money. I like that he has a good sense of humor about himself. That line about him and Bobby impersonating a number 10 had me laughing.

Edited by Catcher22, Jun 16, 2008 @ 10:39 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 17, 2008 @ 12:26 AM

I'm hoping Craig goes far because he has a sense of humor and he can be differentiated from the rest of the herd. That said, it looks like he's gonna croak next week...or so the teaser tells us. If he gets a ride up the mountain on Paul's fragile back, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Meedis

Meedis

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2008 @ 12:33 AM

Hopefully he gets a free pass to the next episode and Paul bites it.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 30, 2008 @ 11:37 PM

Well, the big guy's still in it, but he might've alienated the others with his exemption play. But let's be honest...how many of us wouldn't have put Nicole and Paul in the donkey costume? Not a lot, I know that much.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Jul 1, 2008 @ 9:23 AM

The alienation will only last as long as it takes Paul to act a fool, again, which should happen about two minutes into the next episode.

Craig's fine and if he's smart enough he'll pin the blame back on Mark for convincing them not to even try to complete the task, since as was pointed out, there could have been a twist 1/2 mile up the road.

daylene

daylene

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 2, 2008 @ 5:33 AM

I just watched it again and that "exemption" comment at breakfast was just too obvious. Like "look, Jon, I'm saying the word exemption, did you catch it?" I don't know; I haven't suspected Craig before; he just seems so sincere, but that one moment had me rethinking everything. If he's the mole he would have known ahead of time to say the word "exemption" loud and clear at breakfast, and that's just what he did. It didn't even seem to fit naturally with the rest of what he was talking about. Like why would he think Jon would give him an exemption just because he's sick? That's not logical. He knew he'd already had a "reward" of sorts for being sick -- he got to keep his journal, which was still a sore point with the rest of the group.

Kanine

Kanine

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2008 @ 3:42 AM

The whole thing with saying "exemption" during breakfast was really awkward. Like, I know it was a joke, but it was a weird joke - exemption are given as rewards for defeating the rest of the group and thus taking money from the kitty, not for health problems or other issues. But then Nicole was given a weird, inexplicable exemption for sleeping on the beach, so it wasn't totally out of the left field.

I don't think Craig is the mole, honestly, because I don't think the producers would pick someone with physical liabilities such as Craig's - the mole can sabotage more subtly and more effectively if he or she is completely able-bodied. But I do think it was a very suspicious moment, akin to Kathryn's trigger-pulling.

Aaanyway: as much as I love Craig, I thought his spiel about fucking up the challenge to get an exemption was akin to 'race to the summit', not the lame-ass trust challenge was bullshit. Kristen and Mark worked their asses off to get the exemption - all Craig had to do was assign the "transportation" wisely, and the exemption was handed to him on a golden platter. Not that he was in the wrong, or anything - all of the other ones would have done the exact same thing in his position. But he really didn't have to work for that exemption.

vallegirl

vallegirl

Stalker

Posted Jul 4, 2008 @ 11:39 AM

I wonder if there is a lot of talk about getting random exemptions during the group meals that just doesn't get shown. We were shown Victoria joke about having one slipped in her journal when Jon returned them from the previous episode, so I don't think it's that far out of the realm of possibility to have a lot of conversation about them.

It's probably tedious to listen to the gas on about it, though, so the only times we've heard it was as foreshadowing for Victoria's boot and to let us know Craig was the "transportation captain."

Edited by vallegirl, Jul 4, 2008 @ 11:41 AM.

NattyCCJ

NattyCCJ

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 12:58 AM

Other than the fact that the exemption comment at breakfast seemed a bit suspicious, did anyone find it interesting how it just so happened to be a fairly physical challenge that he got out of? I mean, not only did he happen to screw everyone else up and the coincidence that he happened to say that, but he did get out of one that would've been fairly hard for him to do...

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 1:10 AM

I'm not buying him as the Mole, and I believe that he didn't intentionally bring up exemptions. I know I might look like an idiot in about a month, but I'm hoping the big fella isn't the Mole and he wins the jackpot. Somebody's gonna rep for fat, four-eyed nerds...especially after Dave from TAR9 (or was it TAR10?) showed up at TARCon looking slimmer than on TV.

NattyCCJ

NattyCCJ

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 6, 2008 @ 1:12 AM

I like Craig. He's funny and from SD, so he gets bonus points there!

jbreckenridge

jbreckenridge

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 11:22 AM

If he isn't the Mole, he's pretending to be to draw suspicion away from the real one.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 11:31 AM

Really hoping he wins, because he's been the most adult of the remaining players. Okay, there was the setting up of the other players in that one game, but once again: who wouldn't want Nicole and Paul in a jackass costume?

NattyCCJ

NattyCCJ

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 12:21 PM

I don't think he's the mole. Paul supposively went all in on Craig for the test, so unless I'm thinking wrong, wouldn't that mean that Craig most likely wasn't the mole?
And Nicole is too obvious...

wentmissing.

wentmissing.

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 12:57 PM

No it just could mean that he was slower on the test.

NattyCCJ

NattyCCJ

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 1:11 PM

Ahhh.. I did not think of that......

dchi317

dchi317

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 2:18 PM

It could also be that, since Jon didn't announce that there was actually a tie, that Paul got more questions wrong. Than it wouldn't matter who was slower. Who's slower only counts in ties, and Jon always announces ties. You can still do poorly on the quiz even if you know who The Mole is.

Edited by dchi317, Jul 29, 2008 @ 2:20 PM.

MKoz

MKoz

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 29, 2008 @ 2:53 PM

I think Craig is the mole. We don't know how well each player did on the quiz. It's possible Paul and Nicole both did well overall, but maybe Paul messed up once or twice and therefore scored lower than Nicole. It's not just about knowing who the mole is. It's also about noticing little details about the mole.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Aug 25, 2008 @ 6:04 PM

Two weeks after the finale, and no love for Craig? Sure, it was pretty obvious that he was the Mole near the end, when he was the only non-nutter in the bunch. But he seemed like a nice guy, one Paul suspected him, and he wasn't a bore. The biggest pity is that we'd have to wait until 2013 to release a book like Bill did, lest he risk the wrath of ABC's lawyers.