6-21: "Going Ballistic" 2008.05.19

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

98 replies to this topic

TV_Buffy

TV_Buffy

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

Yes! Best season finale ever!

Do they really think we're going to be saying "Who Shot HC?" all summer? Really? I hope this gets rid of Horatio and Mr. Wolfe.

I already reported myself and the poor thread title. Sorry!

Edited by TV_Buffy, May 19, 2008 @ 10:06 PM.

Raven52

Raven52

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:02 PM

I don't know...get rid of Caine. I would like to see a bad boy side to Wolfe. Hey if he is the reason that H gets shot, keep him around.

RandomWatcher

RandomWatcher

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:04 PM

Wolfe supposedly ordered the hit? Didn't see that one coming and usually one can tell what's going to happen from the start.

However, this was much more lighthearted than House.

TV_Buffy

TV_Buffy

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:08 PM

I'm sure Wolfe "ordering the hit" is complete misdirection. He doesn't have the brains and the writers don't have the cajones.

noahsotherwife

noahsotherwife

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:09 PM

I can't stop laughing.

The new coroner is killed within 2 minutes of showing up and is then replaced by yet another coroner.

HoCaine finally gets shot, after TPTB teased us with those damn broken SOJs all season long. Speaking of, I love how the broken SOJs somehow ended up like 10 feet away from HoCaine.

Calleigh sets the lab on fire. Also, Calleigh and Delko are clearly together, and it's about damn time.

HoJr is now dirty. I loved his lame attempt at being all threatening with his evil stares while wearing pastels. So dangerous!

Detective

Detective

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:09 PM

I'm guessing it's a big "fakeout" and Wolfe and H are in on it together for some totally stupid (but noble) reason. Callie usually gets on my nerves but I kind of liked the scene of her sitting in her destroyed lab, looking around sadly. She and Delko are cute together.

AuntMizbehavn

AuntMizbehavn

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:13 PM

Well, maybe this explains Wolfe's pissy attitude towards everyone in the past few episodes. Must have been a little bit of stress on him being involved in the hit on HoCaine.

Calleigh and Delko are well on their way to being involved with each other if they're not already. But...why was there no fire department in the lab taking care of the fire/explosion after the bullet went boom?

Anyone else thinking that Delko is going to have some sort of delayed reaction to coming so close to being shot yet again? Looked like the bullet came through the gurney just inches from his head.

Sucks to be the new ME.

Kaijin

Kaijin

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:23 PM

Am I the only person on TWoP who does not hate Wolfe?

Anyways seeing Horatio there on that tarmac lightened my mood after my week of CSI: Las Vegas, House, and Bones. So thank you CSI:Miami for maybe, sorta, probably not killing Horatio. Give me that wonderful morsel to get me through until fall.

Bill C

Bill C

Stalker

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:30 PM

Am I the only person on TWoP who does not hate Wolfe?

I don't hate him. I just want his head to go the other way once in a while.

Having said that: it would be indescribably awesome if Wolfe really was a bad guy and was in on the apparent hit, but it seems that the flight attendant just turned on the "UNBELIEVABLE BULLSHIT" sign...

ETA: almost forgot. "She's.........gone." OMFG.

Edited by Bill C, May 19, 2008 @ 10:35 PM.

MelodyA

MelodyA

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:35 PM

Did anybody else find it more than amusing that HoCaine/Caruso struck a pose even when he was lying on the ground? Nobody who gets shot falls like that . I have seen people getting shot and they didn't end up on the floor like HoCaine.

I believe Julia may have shot HoCaine. That would account for HoCaines shocked look on his face.

Edited by MelodyA, May 19, 2008 @ 10:41 PM.

Raven52

Raven52

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 10:47 PM

I don't hate Wolfe either. I don't think the writers have the balls to make Wolfe the villian, but if he got soemone to shot H, I love him

Erie42

Erie42

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 11:12 PM

Oh goodness, I so hope that Wolfe ordered the hit on HoCaine and is secretly a criminal mastermind. That would make him somewhat redeemable in my eyes and explain how he could afford the iphone, the members only jackets, and pretty pretty pastel dress shirts on a cop's salary.

I like Calleigh's suit at the beginning. Very work appropriate.

Anen

Anen

Couch Potato

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 11:17 PM

Things I noticed and things I wondered about.

So the new ME gets killed 30 seconds into her first shift and is replaced by some guy who doesn't have a clue who Alexxxxxx is? Weren't there any assistant MEs around who actually knew Alexxxx? Was she the only ME in the entire Miami Dade/Brazil area?

The ME-killer and Wolfe must shop in the same clothing stores. They were both running around in purple shirts and light-coloured suits. Really scary. Not.

Let me see if this makes any more sense written down: Purple-shirt guy kills first corpse then hangs around long enough to kill the new ME. Brother of first corpse makes purple-shirt-guy's partner kill purple shirt guy. And gives him a single bullet to do it with. And he chooses to use his one and only bullet in front of the police station (come to think of it, considering how many people die there, that's not such a bad idea). Then Evil Brother lets the partner get picked up and talk to the police.

Evil Brother sure took being arrested in his stride.

Oh, and raise your hand if you knew he was involved the second he asked for his brother's belongings. Or even before.

Oh, and the car. Was it a stolen car? Do stolen cars usually chat with the cell phones of their thieves?

Why did Horatio bring Ron in the first time? Does he just haul him in every time a crime is committed?

I'd like to believe Horatio is dead and Ryan helped kill him, but this show wouldn't do anything so sensible or interesting.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted May 19, 2008 @ 11:23 PM

I missed the few minutes before the last shot with the SOJ. Could someone please fill me in?

Busylizzie

Busylizzie

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 1:11 AM

Wolfe bad, Caine dead -- I know I won't get both, but could at least one of these be true? Evil Wolfe would actually be a smart way to redeem his endless blandness: see, he's not REALLY boring, he's been bad all this time, but is a great actor! Everything he's done would acquire layers of...well, layers. Only not.

CChambers

CChambers

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 1:57 AM

Why did Horatio bring Ron in the first time? Does he just haul him in every time a crime is committed?

The bad ammo caused the grip of Purple Shirt Guy's gun to crack and piece to break off. They reasoned that this would have caused the shooter to have powder burns and checked hospitals for anyone who came in with powder burns. Ron had powder burns on his neck for some reason, thus he was brought in.

I missed the few minutes before the last shot with the SOJ. Could someone please fill me in?

Not sure where to start, but here goes. Dead Guy #1's brother is arrested in a warehouse and threatens Horatio. Jessie Spano is in a hotel room with Junior. She tells him that she has to take care of something and leaves. Dead Guy #1's brother is in jail making a phone call. He says "Horatio Caine. I want to know when it is done" and hangs up. Ron opens up a box full of the super bullets and smells them for some reason. Junior, back in the hotel room, takes a pistol out of his bag, checks the clip and cocks it. Horatio gets out of a small jet that is getting ready to taxi, he checks his phone, one of the flight crew closes the door to the jet, H poses, and takes off the SOJ then is shot and shown on the tarmac. Wolfe is shown outside of the station getting a text message reading "Its Done". Finally the pull back shot through the SOJ.

Edited by CChambers, May 20, 2008 @ 2:02 AM.

MelodyA

MelodyA

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 2:31 AM

I waited for the "knee-fall" scene like shown in the promos but it didn't happen. Guess, the editors didn't like it either.

payndz

payndz

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 5:53 AM

Horatio gets shot? The Sunglasses of Justice are destroyed? Oh, please tell me this is on YouTube already!

EDIT: It is!

Edited by payndz, May 20, 2008 @ 6:01 AM.

Anen

Anen

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 6:53 AM

I'd forgotten about the powder burns. I guess I sorta had the impression that H didn't know about the burns until he saw them during interrogation. They certainly didn't look bad enough to go to the ER with. Especially if you'd got them committing a murder.

Someone else mentioned Ron smelling the bullets. That made me laugh out loud.

ETA: The smelling scene reminded me of that Febreeze commercial where the freaky family starts snorting the bathroom fixtures.

Edited by Anen, May 20, 2008 @ 7:08 AM.

keeperrox

keeperrox

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 7:07 AM

There is no way he's dead (unfortunately). He'll have had a bullet proof vest on or something in his pocket took the hit. Anything to up the cheese factor next season. Plus, as the camera pulls away, there is no through-and-through, like there was with Purple Shirt Guy. There should have been multiple exit wounds. I can't wait to see what outrageous tale they tell to explain this one away.

Edited by keeperrox, May 20, 2008 @ 7:08 AM.

Anen

Anen

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 7:33 AM

There is no way he's dead (unfortunately). He'll have had a bullet proof vest on or something in his pocket took the hit. Anything to up the cheese factor next season. Plus, as the camera pulls away, there is no through-and-through, like there was with Purple Shirt Guy. There should have been multiple exit wounds. I can't wait to see what outrageous tale they tell to explain this one away.

I just came up with an outrageous tale. Can I blame lack of sleep plus sinus meds?

If I remember correctly, the super Febreeze bullet reacted to temperature. If it hit something cold, like a bulletproof vest, it stayed whole and therefore passed through. If it hit something warm, like a human body, it dissolved into shrapnel, therefore causing major damage.

We clearly saw that the bullet that hit Horatio passed through the SOJ first. Obviously the powers of the SOJ caused the bullet to transform into jello so that the only thing that really hit H was a shock wave.

Maybe I need more sinus meds. Or a paycheque from the makers of CSI: Miami.

Oh, and while I think of it -- can somone explain to me how the bullet can detect the difference in temperature between a bulletproof vest (particularly one being worn by a human under the Miami sun) and a living breathing human?

Coconut

Coconut

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 8:38 AM

We finally got to see the clip of the SOJ with bullet holes!

Why did actual Hojr have a gun? Maybe he shot his father. I also think Ryan's "It's done" is an entirely different thing then ordering the hit on Ho. Although it would be awesome if he's the villian for next season. Since this whole season was going with the theme of "One of their own betrays them" They did that promo with Calleigh and Alex.

So Calleigh and Eric are already together and we don't get to see any hot Southern on Cuban action. I hope next season we see Natalia going to Eric's house to tell him about HoCaine and he answers the door shirtless and Calliegh walks out of his bedroom.

But I'll guess I'll take Ho getting shot.

Edited by Coconut, May 20, 2008 @ 8:39 AM.

AmyLynnEsq

AmyLynnEsq

Video Archivist

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 9:49 AM

What I want to know is how did the broken SOJ move from right in front of HC (as when he is first shown lying on the tarmac) to four feet away (as in the last shot)?

Wait- why am I looking for a logical explanation? This is CSI Miami- nothing makes sense EVER.

Blazemom

Blazemom

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 9:52 AM

Can somebody explain the reason H was just standing on the runway, next to a plane with a locked door, in a stance that clearly says "Please shoot me"? I really thought I was paying attention (OK maybe not paying THAT much attention) but it almost looked like he was intentionally trying to get shot. Makes me wonder if the "It's Done" text message came from H. Like they want someone to think he's dead.

Oh who am I kidding, that would require too much thought on the writer's part. Even BlazeDad likes watching just to see how cheesey the show gets. He's even using the term "snark" !!!!

Raven52

Raven52

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:00 AM

I mean I can understand why Wolfe would want to arrange a hit on H( if he did). I mean working with H for 5 minutes would make me want to shoot him.

Raven52

Raven52

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:00 AM

whoops douple post

Edited by Raven52, May 20, 2008 @ 10:01 AM.

indigo4

indigo4

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:13 AM

What was H doing on that plane anyway? Where had he been? I missed that somehow.

I also think Ryan's "It's done" is an entirely different thing then ordering the hit on Ho.

Maybe it's a message about his dry cleaning. Actually, the message could be from H -- he was doing something on his cell right before he was shot.

Arnold Robinson

Arnold Robinson

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:32 AM

If I remember correctly, the super Febreeze bullet reacted to temperature. If it hit something cold, like a bulletproof vest, it stayed whole and therefore passed through. If it hit something warm, like a human body, it dissolved into shrapnel, therefore causing major damage.

First, the Super Febreeze Bullet is an incredibly awesome name for it.
Secondly, the way it supposedly works sounds like baloney to me. If the alloy is so weakly bound that 98 degree body-temperature causes it to fragment, why wouldn't the much hotter powder explosion and friction with the gun barrel cause it to break up? I think this is squarely in the giant-vaporising-mega-gun-of-death category from "Guerrillas in the Mist."

Christie L

Christie L

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 10:51 AM

Miami Dade/Brazil area

My keyboard has water all over it now. I should know better than to drink while I'm on this forum.

Anen

Anen

Couch Potato

Posted May 20, 2008 @ 11:05 AM

I just keep thinking of more and more stupidities in this show. I guess I'm using this to keep from thinking about House, because I don't want to start bawling again at work.

Why did Corpse #1 jump out of the window? Didn't he know he was 500 miles above the ground? Wouldn't anyone in their right mind choose to take their chances with a bullet rather than the certain death of a fall from that height?

HOW did he jump out the window? Shouldn't the glass be a little bit harder to break in buildings like that? (And wouldn't it have been funny if he'd bounced off?)

Evil Ron has a powder burn similar to that suffered by Purple Shirt Guy which leads to him being hauled into the interrogation aquarium. Then it turns out that he actually WAS involved in at least part of the plot, but NOT in the murder.

Horatio tells Miss Breastly to meet him at some airpport or other at 5:00. Apparently he added the "... in the middle of the runway beside a small private jet" part of the message when we weren't looking because otherwise, wouldn't she be looking for him in the terminal?

Son of Ho apparently wears his school uniform (including the purple tie) at all times.

Wasn't it amazing that one single bullet, after falling off a table, managed to somehow hit the most vulnerable spot in the lab ceiling and set the whole place on fire?