RuPaul's Drag Race

• Please log in to reply

14214 replies to this topic

hypertwink

hypertwink

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

Pot as a relief for ADHD is kinda sketchy ( as opposed to those in pain like cancer and the like) and there is a debate at the real efficacy for it. IMO, I think it's just a way around the law. Anyway, I really don't care if they use it. They do more damage to their bodies with all the alcohol they consume.

makesnosense

makesnosense

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

Fair point...we choose not to partake, they choose to. Everyone's responsible for their own actions. I just would have been happier not knowing.

allegory

allegory

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 12:52 AM

I don't think the queens need to be chaperoned within the actual hotel which is why they're able to sort of wander around the hotel, watch TV, order room service, and so on. The only times that they need cameras on them are when they're in the workroom and they need chaperones when they leave the hotel, so I don't think it was against the rules to talk about the competition in their hotel rooms.

The rules for RuPaul's Drag Race seem to be a bit different from other 'reality TV shows' where they keep the contestants in hotel rooms.

This is one source for that, a RuPaul interview with Vulture magazine. I agree that even the staff may be lax on "rule breaking" but the whole thing is hypothetical anyway, including the theory that Willam has a medical marijuana script. Manila's behind the scenes videos seem to support what RuPaul says in the interview but obviously they're only a slice of what happened there.

I downloaded the contract when they were casting Season 5 but don't see it right now.

Vulture:

Vulture: Were there any behind-the-scenes hookups this year?

RuPaul: I wish there was! The reality is that the kids work so hard and they barely get any sleep. We do this show so fast in fact, they aren't allowed to be near each other unless there's a camera rolling. The only way they can talk to each other is if there's a chaperone present, and they can talk about other things but they can't talk about the show.

http://www.vulture.c...hannah_mon.html

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:05 AM

That's a bit odd since we saw Manila wandering around the hotel in her behind the scenes videos without a chaperone, even meeting up with Yara/Alexis/Shangela who were kiki-ing in a hotel room. Or maybe the Flip camera counts as 'being on camera'?

I also remember the season 2 queens making fun of how Tyra Sanchez wanted to cuddle with Tatianna in the hotel room at some point when asked about hookups during the reunion taping. "Wanna cuddle?" in a deep bass-y voice was what hinted at it, IIRC.

Edited by The Void, May 3, 2012 @ 1:06 AM.

mspetite27

mspetite27

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:51 AM

OMG! I finally got to watch the whole reunion episode & I finally picked a winner! 2 to be exact! Congrats to both of my girls! I'm so happy for them & I love Chad too. Say what you will about Phi2, but she's beautiful!

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:46 AM

Pot as a relief for ADHD is kinda sketchy ( as opposed to those in pain like cancer and the like) and there is a debate at the real efficacy for it.

I completely agree, it's kind of saying that taking Oxycodone is to relieve depression. And ADHD is grossly misdiagnosed, so there's going to be some doubt there anyway.

I have to say that while Phi Phi was vile, and I hated her show girl-esque outfit on the Reunion, I loved her makeup, that was the best she had ever looked on the show, and it only took her through the whole season to find that out.

Very happy that Sharon won, had Chad won, it would have been just as great!!

Lucifyr

Lucifyr

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:20 AM

OKay.. just for the sake of hilarity .. Morgan McMichaels and Latrice Royale. http://youtu.be/Yf_ShMEa6tg

dog lover

dog lover

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

I thought he did deny seeing his husband though, or at least contacting him by phone or email? Bit tricksy. Obviously there was some contact!

Willam was asked in an interview if he had hooked up with one of the pit crew boys. Since the question was worded that way and not, "Did you have contact with your husband while on the show?", his "no" response was correct. And because Willam said on the reunion show that his husband followed him to the hotel and knocked on his door, that gets around his claim in the same interview that he hadn't used the phone or internet to contact anyone on the outside.

In the end, I tend to agree with the theory that Willam was a plant. He got more publicity from being kicked off the show than if he had lasted another few weeks or even if he had won. $100,000 is nothing to sneeze at but I don't think Willam was interested in doing the Absolut tour. Often the runners-up on competitive reality shows do better than the winners because of all the restrictions put on them. Willam appears to be interested in other things drag-related (acting, music videos) and being on RPDR was a great way to promote himself.

Eik

Eik

Just Tuned In

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

Not sure why there are so many people anti-cannabis.

It's infinitely less harmful than the crap we ingest in:

McDonald's
Burger King
Wendy's
Taco Bell

and def. less harmful than alcohol and/or all the prescription drugs that are approved and peddled on a daily basis on TV. Hmm... have a little mucus (from seasonal allergies, which in most cases will disappear on its own after a couple of weeks of your body adjusting to it) -- take mucinex, nevermind the bloating, abdominal pain, headaches, dizziness, cramps, possible bleeding and a myriad other side effects that come with it.

I'm not trying to be preachy but I think the folks that are anti-cannabis really should take a hard look and consider the effects other substances that are legal have and how much worse they are in comparison.

back on topic:

This was a fantastic season (though not anything like the first and second season). I was disappointed last season because I never warmed up to Raja. Finding out she won before the season was over kind of ruined it for me and perhaps made me like her even less. Still, I don't know her personally and I'm sure she is a great individual... her character portrayal on the show turned me off though.

I'm glad Sharon won, I think she deserved it but I would have been perfectly OK had Chad won. I feel bad for Phi-Phi even though everything that has happened to her thus far and the opinions people have of her are her own doing. I hope she learns some humility and grows as a person because there's no reason you should go through life being such an insufferable and mean spirited person. That's no way to live. Ultimately, she'll have to come to terms with whatever is making her angry all the time and leave it behind.. for her and her happiness' sake.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:14 AM

Fair point...we choose not to partake, they choose to. Everyone's responsible for their own actions. I just would have been happier not knowing.

I agree as well. What they do on their own time is their business, my issue is the breaking of a contract & unless ALL the queens were smokin' pot its not really fair to the queens who followed the rules and had to deal with the stress of the competition on their own w/o herbal help. I don't really know what to make of Willam's medical usage but who knows....

blubld43

blubld43

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

I'm glad Sharon won, I think she deserved it but I would have been perfectly OK had Chad won. I feel bad for Phi-Phi even though everything that has happened to her thus far and the opinions people have of her are her own doing. I hope she learns some humility and grows as a person because there's no reason you should go through life being such an insufferable and mean spirited person. That's no way to live. Ultimately, she'll have to come to terms with whatever is making her angry all the time and leave it behind.. for her and her happiness' sake.

Word to your entire post. I have felt bad for Phiphi almost from the beginning, although I certainly did NOT want to see her win. Something is truly eating away at her and I hope for her own sake, she can move past it.
Just to add my two cents, I could care less if they all toked up. Dont' see how it's any particular advantage, or disadvantage, to anyone, any more than the Absolut drinks they consume in the Lounges.

Edited by blubld43, May 3, 2012 @ 10:44 AM.

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:57 PM

I hate to ask this because I'm not doubting your perception but it's just that I just didn't see it and want to know what was said. BlakeSpeare, would you link to the interview where Willam said medical MJ isn't what got him bounced?

I honestly don't recall if it was an interview, or someone's account of what he said during a public appearance. But according to what I read, he was asked if marijuana had anything to do with him being kicked off, and his response was something very similar to this: "Oh, I smoked pot, like I always do, and it was no big deal. They knew I had a prescription for it." (He may have also added something about being a California resident, to explain the "prescription" part.)

It's possible that Willam was misquoted - especially if it wasn't an interview. And now that I think about it, his answer doesn't explicitly deny that pot use got him disqualified.

But I suspect that if he really was kicked off primarily for pot use, he would have given a humorous, evasive response to the question about it, instead of talking about it seriously. (Speaking of that, I've noticed that prior to the reunion special, Willam was willing to respond seriously to questions about whether his disqualification was related to Adderall use, or marijuana use - and so far as I know, he always answered in the negative. But from what I've seen, when he was asked about whether he was disqualified for using harder drugs, he just responded with jokes, and never gave an actual answer.)

Pot as a relief for ADHD is kinda sketchy ( as opposed to those in pain like cancer and the like) and there is a debate at the real efficacy for it.

Just to be clear, in case anyone who's reading this discussion missed the beginning of it, we don't know what condition is the basis for Willam's medical marijuana prescription. The ADHD thing is just speculation, based on Willam's previous acknowledgement that he has ADHD.

allegory

allegory

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:00 PM

Just to be clear, in case anyone who's reading this discussion missed the beginning of it, we don't know what condition is the basis for Willam's medical marijuana prescription. The ADHD thing is just speculation, based on Willam's previous acknowledgement that he has ADHD.

California law lists several conditions but at the end it says "anything your doctor says you need it for". LOL

dog lover

dog lover

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

I finally found the interview with Willam, post disqualification, where he talks about being on Adderall, not having access to phone and internet, etc.

http://worldofwonder...ses-the-rumors/

Edited by dog lover, May 3, 2012 @ 6:31 PM.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

The ADHD thing is just speculation, based on Willam's previous acknowledgement that he has ADHD.

Someone who allegedly knew Willam (and was told that she was going to film a "crappy Euro movie" but brought a TON of drag with her) was the one who said the ADHD thing. I think the same person spilled the marijuana T too.

I guess she told her friends and former contestants that she was doing a movie in Europe -and- also apparently lied about the laptop thing to them as well.

Edited by The Void, May 3, 2012 @ 8:17 PM.

makesnosense

makesnosense

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Dearest Eik...follow me around during the change of seasons so you can see how magically my allergy symptoms and asthma DON'T disappear. Likewise my underactive thryroid.

Unless it's prescribed for pain management or some other legitimate medical reason, pot, like alcohol, cigarettes and other tobacco products, is RECREATIONAL. You don't need it, you just enjoy it.

Therein lies the difference.

That said, I still think Willam, Chad, Latrice and Sharon are insanely talented. Just not fond of their recreational choices.

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Someone who allegedly knew Willam (and was told that she was going to film a "crappy Euro movie" but brought a TON of drag with her) was the one who said the ADHD thing. I think the same person spilled the marijuana T too.

Was there a post where someone who knows Willam said that his medical marijuana prescription is specifically for ADHD? If there was, I missed it.

Edited by BlakeSpeare, May 3, 2012 @ 10:10 PM.

Gregorio

Gregorio

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

Willam had a prescription for a drug that is legal in his home state, and used that drug in a state where that was legal (the same state, obviously). I don't see the problem.

As for the recreational use by the others, eh, I'm not too bothered. I understand that it might be technically against the rules and also against the law, but drugs are common enough in the drag community that I just can't be bothered to clutch my pearls about a reality show.

Domina Nocturna

Domina Nocturna

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

Was there a post where someone who knows Willam said that his medical marijuana prescription is specifically for ADHD? If there was, I missed it.

I think somehow my post got mixed up or misinterpreted.

This is what I said:

If Willam's been taking Adderall for AD(H)D, then the pot can be for that, too. I've known a lot of people in my lifetime who have ADD/ADHD that use marijuana to control their symptoms as well. These same people also happen to use caffeine to help them sleep.

I missed the part where it was medical marijuana when I posted, so that may have contributed to the current topic at hand. My apologies for inserting anecdotal information into things.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

To elaborate on my comment, it was elsewhere and not at this board. Sorry if I made it seem like it was posted here.

But basically, someone brought up that Willam had told their circle of friends that she was doing a crappy European movie when she left to film for Drag Race, but it was suspicious that she had brought so much drag with her so they found out eventually. Who I assume was the same person also mentioned the pot use among all the girls, that Willam had a marijuana card for her ADHD, and the alleged hookup with Sharon.

Here are the posts if you want to see them:

He took a shitload (of clothes) with him. So much so, that we all questioned why he was taking so much for a crappy euro movie.

We didn't know he was on the show till it was announced. As a matter of fact, I found out quite by mistake and was the first one to congratulate him. Then he was able to make the formal announcement cause the cat was out of the bag.
==================
There were several (mostly minor) reasons for Willam's DQ. The boyfriend was the straw that broke it. His biggest transgression was pot use...which several others were using as well. He was just the most open about it. He would go into a private bathroom and light up. He has a medical marijuana card, but it still isn't legal on a national level and drug use (of any kind) was in the contract. That's why they aren't discussing it on the show. He also got busy with Sharon Needles too....now that's a story for another day. They knew for quite some time and planned his exit.

So. that's the "T"
===============
[someone asked "What does he need a marijuana card for?]
For (h)is ADD/ADHD. It really isn't hard to get one.

Oh, and Willam was on the livestream for NewNowNext for the finale party, and well, she revealed that Phi Phi smuggled a phone into taping/her hotel room somehow which would explain why Sharon said that "some people" decided not to follow the rules about staying completely cut off from the outside world and not getting phone calls and so on. It also explains why Phi Phi gave her phone call away to Chad. The contracts apparently say that visitors are... okay? The sex probably was not though obviously.

In an interview tonight (from the live feed of the watching party at some club in NYC), Willam said that his contract didn't say "no visitors" and that others also had visitors. He also mentioned that Phi Phi had a phone the whole time.

Edited by The Void, May 3, 2012 @ 10:17 PM.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:59 AM

I guess she told her friends and former contestants that she was doing a movie in Europe -and- also apparently lied about the laptop thing to them as well.

I think the crappy euro movie was/is Blood Rayne and Blubberella (since it featured the same cast by the same director)

I also somehow don't loathe Phi Phi now that I know she doesn't win *sigh of relief

Kind of old news but has anyone heard "Party Girl" by the band Xelle featuring Mimi Imfurst? it's worth a listen I think ;)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=J0Tys0SSZGc

Edited by Blixx, May 4, 2012 @ 1:30 AM.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:22 AM

I don't understand the "no-drug" part of the thing. If Willam had a script for it, why is there an issue? That would be no different than not letting contestants use their other prescribed medications. I do not understand why MMJ is getting such a "wink wink, nudge nudge" and demeaning response when it is a legit medicine that has been used for thousands of years to treat a wide variety of conditions, and it has various different breeds or strains that are specified for the ailment you have. Some types are better for nausea, Some are better for sleep, some are good for anxiety and so on. Perhaps Willam could have been a little more discrete, or brought edibles or hemp oil or a vaporizer, but if he had a script in a state where it's legal for medical use, what's the fucking problem?

Willam said in that one interview that lasted a half hour from a few pages back that he broke all sorts of rules and told the producers every time. He said that he, along with other queens, stole shit from the show. Willam would also steal shit to help others- he said the white feathers from Phical's angel outfit were lifted and provided by Willam. Which especially pisses me off when Willam HELPED Phical and Phical plotted against and berated Willam IN THE SAME FUCKING EPISODE.

Edited by Myndela, May 4, 2012 @ 4:24 AM.

tessa261

tessa261

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:52 AM

As for the recreational use by the others, eh, I'm not too bothered. I understand that it might be technically against the rules and also against the law, but drugs are common enough in the drag community that I just can't be bothered to clutch my pearls about a reality show.

But I think one the points made by someone was that it is because they smoked pot, which relaxes you, which would be unfair to other contestants since its a high stress environment. (please note I'm not talking about Willam since he has a prescription, but the other contestants)

jace

jace

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 7:58 AM

So if they had a prescription for xanax and that relaxed them would that be unfair as well? We don't know what other contestants took to the show in terms of prescription drugs.

Personally, I am unconcerned by all this. It's legal for medical use in California and that's that.

Edited by jace, May 4, 2012 @ 8:00 AM.

Eik

Eik

Just Tuned In

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:42 AM

Makesnosense,

did you accidentally or deliberately miss the part where I said "which in most cases"?

Sorry your seasonal allergies are brutal, I know some people who are the same and their reliance on medications to help them is justified. However, the number of people I know who are quick to take anything so they won't deal with normal, bodily functions and responses to allergies is far greater than those whose truly need it.

makesnosense

makesnosense

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

Accidental...and something of an overreaction, I'll admit. Certain things set me off and this was one of them.

I suppose I should concentrate more on the performers than their pecadilloes because if I knew what my favorite people did in private I probably wouldn't be a fan of anyone or anything. I'm one of those apparent odd ducks who finds no fun, pleasure or sense of relaxation in getting drunk or getting high and don't like being around situations involving either.

Eik

Eik

Just Tuned In

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:50 AM

your post made me LOL. :)

It's cool, I know where you're coming from.

---

So Phi Phi smuggled in a phone?? See, just when I start feeling bad for her I find out yet another thing that makes her not at all attractive as a person. Why berate Willam or anyone else like she's so perfect when there's so much that is wrong with her to begin with?

Does anyone know the full list of contestants for the all-star season?

allegory

allegory

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:34 AM

Who I assume was the same person also mentioned the pot use among all the girls, that Willam had a marijuana card for her ADHD, and the alleged hookup with Sharon.

Speaking for myself, the allegations and information I was addressing came directly from Sharon in her video on uTube in a Pittsburgh show. She states She, Latrice, Willam and Chad were in the Four Seasons "right in Room 313" smoking a blunt figuring out how to get the untalented queens out of the competition. Because she said Four Seasons, her whole riff is questionable since I highly doubt they were in that hotel.

I don't understand the "no-drug" part of the thing. If Willam had a script for it, why is there an issue? That would be no different than not letting contestants use their other prescribed medications. I do not understand why MMJ is getting such a "wink wink, nudge nudge" and demeaning response when it is a legit medicine that has been used for thousands of years to treat a wide variety of conditions, and it has various different breeds or strains that are specified for the ailment you have. Some types are better for nausea, Some are better for sleep, some are good for anxiety and so on. Perhaps Willam could have been a little more discrete, or brought edibles or hemp oil or a vaporizer, but if he had a script in a state where it's legal for medical use, what's the fucking problem?

I don't recall anyone criticizing Willam for having that script or using it. I did comment that perhaps that's why the husband was visiting and that specific rule break tolerated by the other queens if he was the "delivery" and they were all sharing. Willam said "delivery" on the finale and he thinks he's all Nancy Drew of Drag speaking in code, when in reality he's not that code-y. I remember the day of the first episode he tweeted to another contestant - for no reason - "Jiggly Caliente for the win, the hell with Sharon Needles". (paraphrasing) I knew right then that Jiggly lost and Sharon won just because of that. I even tweeted RPDR to tell her to STFU with her fake spoilers and they DM'd me back "thanks, we'll take care of it"!

Considering that Chad didn't even have the presence of mind to take care of her pot needs on a simple two day NYC trip in advance and was tweeting "420 NYC? Help mother dust out" when she got there, planning doesn't seem to be her strong suit. She certainly knows plenty of other people who could have taken care of that OFF of Twitter FFS. LOL. My hypothesis is that they were sharing, but Willam was going overboard using in "public" bathrooms on site where it would be easier for the show to "catch" it, and that would "ruin" it for the rest of them, who were being more discreet. But that's just my imagination.

Let's do the math. You're allowed possession of an ounce by law for just a fine. For medicinal you're allowed 8 oz. A jar of McCormick's basil leaves is approximately an ounce. Estimating looking at my McCormick's (hahaha) you'd get about 7 joints out of that jar. WILLIAM's legal limit. So the show is, what, 30 days? Or do we think that those other 3 queens were bold enough to smuggle their own in? I don't. Maybe it happened in a group once. Maybe daily. Nobody knows.

All of this generic discussion of pot use for me is moot. Plenty of people think recreational pot use is perfectly normal and there's always going to be two factions. I DO feel it's preachy as was mentioned, to assume that people who have lived longer than any of these queens haven't "taken a hard look" at pot, junk food, OTC and prescription meds. These things aren't mutually exclulsive. Just because someone doesn't use pot doesn't mean they take meds and eat junk food. I personally don't even eat frozen food (unless it's like, fruit or veggies) or processed anything. I don't eat in ANY restaurants or take a single pill for anything. I'm completely bored by being around stoners and drunks. To each their own imo. I also couldn't care less if someone has a script for medicinal marijuana or not.

I'm strictly addressing the contract and alleged lack of adherence to it. Especially considering Ru's claiming how strict everything is. I find it very disingenuous of Chad, Latrice and Sharon to claim "Willam was doing things they were going to get in trouble for, and breaking rules they all have to follow" when they themselves were doing the same thing. NOBODY KNOWS if ANY of what ANYBODY said ANYWHERE is true or not. And nobody knows what the full level of rule breaking actually was or if the show staff was in on it or not. So the discussion is hypothetical anyway.

I DO find it disingenuous for Sharon to claim she wants to be a role model for "kids" in light of that. And just plain stupid of Latrice since she already has a drug felony in Florida. Granted, it's equal to a traffic ticket in California if less than an ounce and you aren't breaking other rules like DISTRIBUTING your medical marijuana (Willam !) .

Willam is out of the equation if he was using pot with a prescription and sanctioned by the show. We'll never know what really went on. But we recall the puppet hilarity complaining she (Chad) couldn't even get a CONTRACTUALLY APPROVED cigarette when she wanted one, and Manila's videos proving they weren't even allowed to eat meals that weren't provided by the show. No takeout. No change of restaurant. And I DEFINITELY remember Raja saying that stress was the worst part of being on the show, being away from loved ones and family, being isolated and being completely focused on each challenge and the anxiety. So I'm quite sure that at least in her case, there was very little or no partying and certainly NO visits from the outside or contraband cell phones going on.

What would be really funny is if NONE of this happened and Sharon was just making the whole thing up for entertainment value at her show, but she doesn't seem the type.

Here's a new interview with Willam on Queerty. Claiming "having sex wasn't against the contract" when asked about her husband's visits. As if having visitors isn't part of the equation. He also confirms that he puked from eating too much when he knew he was going home that day, and mixing booze with Accutane.

http://www.queerty.c...#comment-615750

Edited by allegory, May 4, 2012 @ 10:39 AM.

funkgasm

funkgasm

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

God, I need a joint after reading this board...

It's not like anyone was cooking up a gallon drum of meth in the hotel or doing lines of coke off Willam's ass (which gives me an idea...); I do NOT understand the fuss. It is a "broken rule," I suppose, but doesn't seem to me like one which would necessarily give the girls an advantage - it would possibly be more of a distraction. Even having Willam's husband/boyfriend there seems like more of a distraction to me; I'd rather be alone and focused, but that's MHO.

And if some of Sharon, Willam, Chad, and Latrice's ideas came from a hazy cloud of smoke, then sisters, you keep on doing what you're doing because you are all fucking sickening and some of the funniest, most interesting, most unique queens I've seen on this show to date.

Eik

Eik

Just Tuned In

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

All of this generic discussion of pot use for me is moot. Plenty of people think recreational pot use is perfectly normal and there's always going to be two factions. I DO feel it's preachy as was mentioned, to assume that people who have lived longer than any of these queens haven't "taken a hard look" at pot, junk food, OTC and prescription meds. These things aren't mutually exclulsive. Just because someone doesn't use pot doesn't mean they take meds and eat junk food.

Since you referenced my comment, I will respond to yours.

The jest behind "take a hard look" is that in the larger scheme of things, cannabis is infintely less harmful than junk food, prescription meds, alcohol... all of which are perfectly legal so no one makes a big deal out of it. In other words, people who are anti-cannabis simply because it's considered a "drug" (it's not, it's a plant just like tobacco except not processed, marketed and distributed like tobacco) should consider that there are other, more harmful substances which one should be more against than cannabis.

I am not exactly sure how you deduced that not smoking cannabis equates to eating junk food and/or taking medications; had you read my post carefully and objectively, you would have realized that it's not what I said.

for shits and giggles (to illustrate my logic, not to create/promote a flame war):

2009 Causes of death in the US:
Drug induced (illicit and prescription) - 37,485
alcohol induced -- 23,199
Cannabis -- 0

Source: Kochanek KD, Xu JQ, Murphy SL, et al. "Deaths: Preliminary data for 2009." National vital statistics reports; vol 59 no 4. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics. 2011. pp. 17-20.
http://www.cdc.gov/n...9/nvsr59_04.pdf