• Please log in to reply

14213 replies to this topic

stekpgh

stekpgh

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 5:29 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by stekpgh, Apr 15, 2012 @ 5:38 PM.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:00 PM

When does it actually air? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I don't usually watch live Tv (and I FF through commercials) so I don't catch most blurbs.

The reunion airs the week after the finale on the 30th. It's being filmed 5 days before it airs which is interesting. Usually they film it quite some time beforehand.

It's still possible for the reunion to leak since I think people are getting these episodes from the LogoTV servers. HOWEVER, since there is a live audience at the reunion, I think information is bound to leak even if they all sign papers to keep information from leaking.

Edited by The Void, Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:06 PM.

hatchlynn

hatchlynn

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

He said he viewed it as an acting job and that it took most people 6 episodes to catch on to it

At least that explains why he rang so false to me. Didn't like him in Nip/Tuck, didn't like him in Ticked Off Trannies, and didn't like him here.
I dunno, maybe he looks like someone who kicked my puppy when I was 6, but he just doesn't float my boat.

Disc

Disc

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:34 PM

Maybe Willam meant that it took the other queens 6 episodes to catch on? This seems more likely to me, considering how slow and/or self-absorbed some of those girls are (read: Phi Phi).

Maleficent

Maleficent

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:34 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

Manila was the one with the Pinneapple dress...

Maleficent

Maleficent

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

...yes, and Mariah was the one who almost lost her shit about it. Her reaction is still funny as hell.

This is a horrific copy, but this is the only one I could find with the focus on Mariah talking about Manilla's pineapple dress.

Mariah on Manilla

stekpgh

stekpgh

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

The Mariah on Manila clip lead me to this:

Raja on the Runway

It seems to me that Ms. Needles serves us the logical progression from the creativity that truly defined Raja and won her the title (The Marie Antoinette, The Aborigine, the Carrie outfit...). Sharon just pushes the edges even more. Her Zombie, Plastic Surgery Addict and 21st century first lady were every bit as arresting and even more out there, and the first two were every bit as polished as any of Raja's best. Sharon has the "U" the others this year are truly lacking. I don't think Ru is satisfied with showgirls any more.

Edited by stekpgh, Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:22 PM.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

It's not surprising at all, but RuPaul's Drag Race was renewed for a fifth season.

They're also going to allow potential queens to submit a video and have fans vote for one queen to appear in the group of season 5 contestants much like the All-Star voting.

PLEASE let Alaska on already, haha.

The deadline for video submission is April 18th then voting starts until April 30th. After that, another round of voting starts with the top 5 queens until May 2nd when they announce the winner who will appear on season 5.

Edited by The Void, Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:00 PM.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

Acting like an evil, hypocritical, scum bag "for show" is almost as stupid as being that awful naturally.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

I wonder if she even knows, herself, any more which is which?

Disc

Disc

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

It's about time they brought back fan voting as a part of the casting process. Jessica Wild was a rousing success in that regard, I was always confused why seasons 3 and 4 didn't take advantage of it again.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

It was rather odd that they skipped it for season 3 and 4 after having both Nina and Jessica as fan picks. However, I wonder if they gathered enough potential queens from the season 1 and season 2 voting sessions and asked some of those queens to appear on season 3/4?

Back in season 1, apparently a queen named Ginger Sexton had been trailing Nina in the final vote.

It's interesting to note that of the final 8 from season 2's vote... Madame LaQueer (S4) and Mimi Imfurst (S3) were both present.

Latrice Royale in a podcast with World of Wonder

Latrice mentions something interesting in this. She says that she was FUMING because she, Phi Phi, and Chad made all of their garments for the Bitch Ball but Sharon somehow... MYSTERIOUSLY pulled it together despite not knowing how to sew. I guess she's implying some sort of outside help or something but... who knows? She and all of the other girls were allowed to use outfits that they brought so I'm pretty sure Sharon didn't break any rules. I don't think Chad or Phi Phi made every single thing they wore either though Latrice's outfits did look like she made them in the days leading up to the challenge.

I suppose this is why she said Sharon should go home in the last episode.

Edited by The Void, Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:34 AM.

Sol Apollo

Sol Apollo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:39 PM

I'm going to try so hard to get a friend of mine to submit a video. I know Ru would be gagging over her rendition of Natural Woman. She could be the big girl who actually wins for once if I can get her to do it....

I just rewatched the first episode, and it is kind of scary/not shocking (I suppose?) that Phical really is a jealous bitch from the get go. Good lord. Also, for never wearing blond wigs, when she entered the workroom for the first time, guess what she was wearing!

ChainofFools

ChainofFools

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:35 AM

Just saw the last episode, and all I can say is since Latrice is out, so am I. I won't be watching PhiPhi, and since I don't care what Willem did to be let go, I guess I'll be back next season. I'll check the board to see what's happening.

Lucifyr

Lucifyr

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:47 AM

I do look forward to the rewind.. but really what I can't wait for is the reunion... I really want to see how the dolls respond to P2's edit. Particularly Jiggly.. who's been pretty chummy with P2 out in the real world... how is she going to react to the whole Machiavelli-lite scheming and Cruella DeVille-ish laughter afterwards?

I'm also looking forward to see maybe a little more of Alisa, since we really didn't get to know her.

What are you looking forward to out of the reunion?

Edgeoforever

Edgeoforever

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

I really want to see how the dolls respond to P2's edit. Particularly Jiggly.. who's been pretty chummy with P2 out in the real world... how is she going to react to the whole Machiavelli-lite scheming and Cruella DeVille-ish laughter afterwards?

Jiggly has been added to a Facebook "PPO Sashay away". Her first post was "what am I doing here?. Her second came after the airing of Dragazines. She posted that after some facts came to light she now thinks she does belong in the group and will have a few things to say to Phi2 at the reunion. In an interview she called that a "Brooklyb Throw down"

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

Yeah, now that she knows that Phi Phi basically taped an "I Want to Sashay Away" sign on her back while they were working on the Dragazine challenge, I am pretty sure Jiggly is gonna be pissed during the reunion.

Radio interview with Sharon

Seems like casting directors were planning on having their first couple on the show with Alaska and Sharon but they backed out at the last minute and only took Sharon. I wonder if they wanted to have Alaska on for season 5? (Or maybe they want her to win so they're waiting for a prime time to have her on the show...?)

Edited by The Void, Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:14 PM.

Lucifyr

Lucifyr

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

Interesting on that radio link.. The Sharon Needles interview is at 1115 listens.... a subsequent one by Mistique Summers Madison only has 11

I'll have to listen to Mistique and see what she has to say besides Two Piece and a Biscuit.

ETA - I want that 9 minutes of my life back. Merciful Minerva, Mistique, What a awful, awful interviewee

Edited by Lucifyr, Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:52 PM.

Bourgeois Nerd

Bourgeois Nerd

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

Is her mother safe from the Mexican cartels?!!!!?!!! (I'm sorry, but that still remains the high-bar of total RPDR WTFery. We can only dream that this reunion show gives us something like that.)

bluelantern

bluelantern

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

It was rather odd that they skipped it for season 3 and 4 after having both Nina and Jessica as fan picks. However, I wonder if they gathered enough potential queens from the season 1 and season 2 voting sessions and asked some of those queens to appear on season 3/4?

Just speculation, but I wonder if the Powers That Be saw that Puerto Rican queens were getting a massive push from online voters and wanted to wait until there was more of a general, mainstream embracing of the show so that it could even things out a bit, make the voting a bit more fair. (As fair as an online popularity contest can get, anyway.) That is not in any way to throw shade at Nina or Jessica, both of whom I ADORE. But it does appear that the Puerto Rican people show support for their queens in droves, and that could skew a contest like that pretty considerably.

Another explanation is that the producers had a much firmer hand in seasons 3 and 4, in terms of how they wanted the eliminations to progress. And they didn't want any potential wild cards screwing things up. I always felt like Season 3 was a response to many of the criticisms of S2 (multiple big-girl contestants, the notable lack of anyone approaching a RuPaul clone), and the division of top and bottom queens was apparent pretty much from the get go.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

Latrice mentions something interesting in this. She says that she was FUMING because she, Phi Phi, and Chad made all of their garments for the Bitch Ball but Sharon somehow... MYSTERIOUSLY pulled it together

She should stop with the Sharon-bashing and the sour grapes. Sharon looked like she always gave it 110 percent or at least, as much as anyone else. Latrice's sewing skills would not get her on Project Runway. Her outfits were always simple and the material often looked cheap. I know it is more difficult with her shape than with Sharon's which is a supermodel's shape. But that's not Sharon's fault if Sharon has a model's shape. As for the sewing Sharon didn't claim to sew that Poodle outfit, she just said she did the boot covering with a hot glue gun. Willam wore designer label outfits and no one dinged him for it (at least, not the judges.) As you say the rules say they can wear pre made outfits. The fabric table is there if they need it. I thought it was smart of Sharon to go with basic black, which I'm sure she had with her, and make the fur all on the boots. Santino loved it and he's a designer, so Latrice, you're cheapening your image (at least, in my opinion) with this jealousy crap.

Disc

Disc

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:49 PM

Yeah, the thing with this challenge was that there wasn't a requirement on what materials could constitute a runway look. They just had to fit the themes given by Mama Ru. Compare this to the RuPocalypse challenge, or the money and hair show challenges from last season. It seemed to me like this one was exactly like the Pride Float challenge. If you already had something that fit the bill, jackpot. If not, get thee to the fabric wall and sewing machine. Willam was able to just dig two garments out of her suitcase, whereas I'm fairly certain Sharon had to make that entire snake ensemble from scratch.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

Nah. I've seen pre-show performances by Sharon where she had the snake ensemble.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

It's also in Sharon's audition tape. She only made the snake glove part of it, I think?

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

Wasn't there a realization last season that all the girls were told ahead what the themes for some challenges would be and prepared for it? I.E., Manila with her yellow big bird outfit, Raja with her Carrie's outfit. So I think that's what happened this season too.

WedgeOfSpite

WedgeOfSpite

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

Latrice mentions something interesting in this. She says that she was FUMING because she, Phi Phi, and Chad made all of their garments for the Bitch Ball but Sharon somehow... MYSTERIOUSLY pulled it together despite not knowing how to sew. I guess she's implying some sort of outside help or something but... who knows?

Sharon ended up wearing the boots which we saw her hot glueing the shit out of. She said she was going to try and make a bolero jacket, but realized she didn't know how to do that. So she scrapped wearing it, maybe because her efforts, weren't good. Probably for the best, as the one pop of fake fur was a better look, and as was pointed out, her dog was at the right height to go well with them. But the rest of what Sharon wore was clothes they already had, which they're allowed to do.

Weird charge for Latrice to make. But I agree, it does explain why she chose Sharon when asked who should go.

Edited by WedgeOfSpite, Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:33 PM.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

Wasn't there a realization last season that all the girls were told ahead what the themes for some challenges would be and prepared for it? I.E., Manila with her yellow big bird outfit, Raja with her Carrie's outfit. So I think that's what happened this season too.

Yeah. Some of the queens however have to make their outfits while filming is happening. Not all of them do this unless they have to make an outfit out of hair or money though.

Disc

Disc

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

Well, that's disappointing. I don't think anyone really made more than a piece or more on the float challenge then, no?

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

Seems like it.

I think they probably all brought a 'rainbow' of outfits just in case which explains why they all had orange, purple, pink, green, etc outfits to choose from.

Just saw the preview for "The Final Three". It looks SICKENING. It also looks like the girls sport multiple looks in the final runway.

Edited by The Void, Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:18 PM.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

I just thought of something. What if Alaska makes it to season 5 or 6? Will they simply call her Alaska, since her full name is "Alaska Thunderf***"? I mean the can't say the f-word on TV (well they would bleep it) and if they said her full name every time, it would get bleeped every time and kind of repetitive. Just something to think about.