RuPaul's Drag Race

• Please log in to reply

14213 replies to this topic

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:50 AM

The Void: That was the most direct Q & A about the DQ I've seen yet. Willam flat out said no to a lot of the standard guesses. Hmm.

She said that this is a hint about her elimination.

That hint was interesting, too. Wasn't that doll in one of Willam's videos - the Chik-Fil-A one maybe? But yet in the interview you linked, he said he did not sneak out and had no phone or internet access (although, hotels usually have a computer in the lobby - I've borrowed the desk clerk's before.) So he couldn't have snuck out to shoot the Chik-Fil-A video, if he didn't leave the hotel, and he couldn't have booked it if he wasn't on the phone. So I'm stumped again. I don't think it would be hormone use since Willam hinted Kenya was using them, and supposedly others have in past seasons, without repercussions. The hint could be a red herring, though, too. Oh, Willam.

I don't think it (the reason for the DQ) was spilling the beans about the show, because Willam sure kept his DQ a secret all these months.

In other Willam news, there is a clip to be found, from Cinema Verite, in which Willam plays Candy Darling and he's great. I'm still pissed at the show for the way they knocked him off, I understand if they want to be uptight about their rules and all, but did they have to humiliate him too?

pomme de divan

pomme de divan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

ScrubMonkey: do you have a link to that video?
I'm obsessed w Candy Darling-dying to see Willams portrayal.

Todd

Todd

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

Cinema Verite

AgingGoth

AgingGoth

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:06 PM

It's one thing to constantly brag about your many appearances on TX and the movies but another entirely wien you have the footage to back it all up. I believe this is why Bi**h2 is so vehemently jealous of Willam. I just googled around and that chick hase been in just about everything. ANS she has produced her own vids and can sing like both a man and a woman. Clearly she really didn't need Drag Race so... I really believe She and Ru got together to set this up so that Willam could get more exposure and do a dramatic skit to have him leave the show ehen his next assignment came up.

I now really don't believe he was just kicked off and it also explains shat I think I saw during the elimination. Her "vomit" looked alot like water!

I believe he broke some predetermined rule for the authanticity and Ru was in on it. Like someone else said, she was wearing an outfit from episode 2 when she did her exit plea for votes so she knew she would be going off. Just a theory......but.....

Rai

Rai

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

AgingGoth, I actually had the same conspiracy theory! On most reality shows, that would annoy the hell out of me if true, but here, I'd just find it hilarious. The art of drag applied to production -- it's all illusion, darling!

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

I don't think it (the reason for the DQ) was spilling the beans about the show, because Willam sure kept his DQ a secret all these months.

Actually, word about it got out somehow and the disqualification was spoiled before the season started. However, no one knew what the circumstances were, just that she got DQ'd. The furthest back that a comment about her being DQ'd is early November of last year so it got out pretty quickly.

Edited by The Void, Mar 23, 2012 @ 4:54 PM.

PotomacDog

PotomacDog

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

Cinema Verite

Thank you, Todd. I loved that scene.

I'm starting to buy the narrative that William is super-smart and she knows already that she isn't going to win (maybe Ru told her?). The role of villian bitch is already taken by P2. Chad and Latrice are the Wise Elders. What's left? She Who Gets Disqualified. Now, she's the most talked about queen on the show. She's getting a lot of screen time - off the show. How many people will follow the link to Cinema Verite? I also think Chad or Sharon should and will win. Sharon's getting more screen time than Chad. We're seeing that Sharon's an interesting person. Sharon is a likeable, self-proclaimed "weirdo." I believe and hope that she wins. I'd still be happy if Chad won.

Also about Willam: She should get great publicity and more mainstream acting job offers from the Chick-Fil-a video exposure on You Tube. And . . . she wears a black beard and mustache at one point in the video - hilarious. There’s not enough “Duncan Hines” to cover that fur. "We just want a little meat without your bible." Help, I don't know how to make a link to the video.

I look at who gets the money from the Chick-Fil-a song. Some of the money is going to Willam. Then she can donate some of her “Chick-Fil-a money” to a group that can help her get married in California. Prop 8 burned her. Irony is a bitch. We'd like to have the same choices about civil marriage as all the straight single and married people on this forum

Edited by PotomacDog, Mar 23, 2012 @ 8:14 PM.

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 9:20 PM

While I certainly agree that Prop 8 was completely wrong, it didn't put Willam in a position where he needs to get married again. He married his husband before Prop 8 passed, and Prop 8 didn't invalidate marriages that were already legally recognized.

So while it's prevented California from giving out any new marriage licenses to same-sex couples, the state has never stopped recognizing Willam and his husband as a married couple.

As for the interview that The Void linked to, I was surprised to read Willam's claim that the contestants are allowed to go shopping for clothes throughout the competition. Don't the producers make it very clear to the contestants that they can only bring five suitcases worth of costumes? What's the point of a rule like that, if the queens with money can go out to the stores and buy outfits for the show in the middle of filming the season?

jetty

jetty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:24 AM

A few comments from Willam from a radio interview.

mspetite27

mspetite27

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 1:24 AM

I don't know how real this show is, but if it is, I don't understand why Phi2 is so mean & hateful. It isn't even entertaining in the bitch you love to hate or the funny bitch either.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 1:51 AM

Actually, word about it got out somehow and the disqualification was spoiled before the season started. However, no one knew what the circumstances were, just that she got DQ'd. The furthest back that a comment about her being DQ'd is early November of last year so it got out pretty quickly.

I never saw Willam even hint at being DQed and he's been active all sorts of places almost during the entire show. Anyone in production or even post production could've leaked a plot twist, though, sure. But I think Willam has shown restraint.

He did say something about "it was a two star hotel by the time we were done with it. People were complaining 'they're blowing people behind the ice machine.' " With Willam though I'm not sure he wasn't being facetious.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:17 AM

Apparently, someone's not a Willam fan.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 3:46 AM

What was this supposed to be a link to??

kazzer44

kazzer44

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 4:40 AM

Link to Willam with "hint" doll

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 6:30 AM

Wow - was just clicking around on twitter and saw that Fical is saying (March 22) if people vote for Fical on facebook, to be on All Stars, she will tell what Willam did to get disqualified.

HAVE YOU VOTED TODAY?! VOTE "PHI PHI O'HARA" everyday and I will announce what WILLAM Did to get kicked off the...

Willam is saying on his twitter (March 21) that if people vote for him in the New Now Next awards, he will announce it at the awards.

Gotta vote if u want me 2 spill why else @NNN Awards

So even now Fical is trying to steal Willam's thunder. Just seems like a classless thing to do. It isn't Fical's secret to tell.

I've got some new guesses why Willam might have been given the big ol' Latrice-sized chunky boot.

1. He switched that day's catering for Chik-Fil-A and everyone got sting ring 2. His wigs were better than RuPaul's 3. He is really Shangela (revealed in a Mission Impossible-style rubber face mask removal) 4. He slipped some Adderall into Milan's water bottle just before runway, making her dance that way 5. Willam caused global warming and clubbed a baby seal while building a secret underground lair designed to send a comet careening toward earth unless someone sends one.billion.dollars - or some Blahniks

It's got to be one of those.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 6:57 AM

I'll bet by the time the reunion comes around Willam will reveal that he got kicked off for snatching one of Rupaul's wigs or something lame like that.

And don't vote for Phical Matter, she is a talentless, grade-A agitator, although I'd love to see Delta tell her to STFU and make her cry like she did Shangela.

Oh also Phi is working on a music video and wants her Phans to donate, she only has 3 votes (140 bucks) worth to her goal of like 9,475 or something - if it were Sharon or Pandora they would have had too much money by now.

http://www.rockethub...ara-music-video

Oh and guess what color Phiphi's hair is in the video above? lol

Edited by Blixx, Mar 25, 2012 @ 1:30 AM.

pomme de divan

pomme de divan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:28 AM

Ru is on Joan Rivers Fashion Police this weekend on E.
His segment is in the last 20 min of the show.
Worth watching as Ru gets to play Starlet or Streetwalker & he gives a shout out to Willam.

thistlehead

thistlehead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

What was this supposed to be a link to?

Here is the link LINK I was compelled to leave a comment.

The more I think about this (which is admittedly way too much), I am leaning toward the idea that this was pre-planned. Let's face it, Willam is getting MUCH more publicity from the mystery shrouded departure and the Chik-fil-a video than if she had won.

I don't doubt that there was some rule broken, and I am not convinced that all the queens were in on it, but I think it was planned.

Well played, girls.

Edited by thistlehead, Mar 24, 2012 @ 1:08 PM.

Sourire

Sourire

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

What was this supposed to be a link to??

It's a link to TWoP's "Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week" column which says this about Willam:

"Not because she was a bitch who rubbed her ass all over the mirror on her way out (though that was gross) or because she constantly made rude comments about everyone, but because when she had to vomit, she did it right in front of Pamela Anderson and didn't even apologize. Honestly, we don't know what rules she broke that got her mysteriously ousted from the competition, but after that gross display, we're glad she's gone."

I saw that yesterday and laughed, as the person who writes it clearly must not even take a cursory glance at the boards before writing the column. The comments almost make sense, especially if the person is not a fan of the show and doesn't watch it regularly. But how anyone could watch that show (and they obviously watched Untucked too, if they saw the ass on mirror thing) and not come away thinking PhiPhi is a far, FAR worse person is beyond my comprehension.

heckkitty

heckkitty

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

I didn't know TWOP let Phi-Phi guest edit "Most heinous person on reality TV".

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

I didn't know TWOP let Phi-Phi guest edit "Most heinous person on reality TV".

Nah, it doesn't have the well thought out reading skills of Phi Phi namely, "You're a bitch and I hate you! You have no talent and don't belong here! I hate you!"

I am still trying to figure out how Phi Phi thought sounding like a Gilbert and Sullivan light opera society reject was a good idea in her mind. I think stray eyelashes are gathering in her brain.

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

when she had to vomit, she did it right in front of Pamela Anderson and didn't even apologize.

Willam did apologize, so I don't know where that line came from. Also, why is vomiting in front of Pamela Anderson the crime here? Are Ru, Michelle, et al., and Jennifer Tilly accustomed to watching people vomit?

Edited by BlakeSpeare, Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:21 PM.

robo192

robo192

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

Ok, so Willam has grown on me majorly and now she's gone? Dammit!

Quick question, and I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and my ears are deceiving me, but what was Willam shouting while the other girls were bitching about her in the Untucked episode? It sounds like "a queen" but I couldn't hear properly! If anybody could enlighten me, that would be great!!

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

Willam was shouting bar queen.

pomme de divan

pomme de divan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

I didn't quite get the "hint" with Willam & his cabbage patch doll in that video.
At this point I'm pretty much over WillamGate.
And Phi Phi? Karma is a bitch girl.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

I didn't quite get the "hint" with Willam & his cabbage patch doll in that video.

Someone linked to the video it's in (thanks!) it's from a video in which Willam lip syncs to Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner, at a tribute for Whitney after she passed away. In a twitter, Willam mentioned that "Fletcher can't swim" (that's the doll's name.) What this all means, I have no clue - it's like a rejected script for Brad Meltzer's Decoded. Or a really weird scavenger hunt.

I'd guess that Willam appeared in that tribute without permission from the show or something but he's said he didn't leave during filming. So I dunno. Maybe Willam is coming out with a new Cabbage Patch doll with its own line of wigs?

I am still trying to figure out how Phi Phi thought sounding like a Gilbert and Sullivan light opera society reject was a good idea in her mind. I think stray eyelashes are gathering in her brain.

I think she thought that since (she thought) Sharon isn't a professional singer (Sharon says she does sing, though) the falsetto would throw Sharon off. And since Fifi is the "pro" the blame would somehow fall on Sharon. It was really obvious and stupid, especially since she would probably get more blame as the "pro" who should know better. All she did was prove that 'music video' where Fifi/Jerami sounds semi decent is thanks to auto tune. And she would've gone home if not for Willam's transgression.

Willam spotted that, called her on it, and that's when Fifi's fist began to do that hilarious twitch, and seconds later she went off on Willam. That whole charade on Fical's part was all about trying to get as much momentum for kicking Willam off the show as possible, and deflecting away from her own mess. I don't believe for a moment that Fical was actually that angry - although she seems like she's barely containing some sort of rage most of the time, just undifferentiated.

thistlehead

thistlehead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

The "Fletcher can't swim very well" part is from The Bodyguard. Maybe Willam got a part in Kevin Costner's next movie? LOL

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:39 PM

I have to wonder if Willam is hinting that it's drug-related, by referencing something related to Whitney Houston.

In the WorldofWonder.net interview he did, where he denied a bunch of the theories, he said he wasn't kicked off for using Adderall. But he never ruled out the possibility that his exit was related to any other kind of drug.

One question about that his "hint" photo - is there some sort of netting on the doll's head? Or is that just its hair? (Or maybe part of a wig covering the doll's original hair?)

robo192

robo192

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 3:56 AM

Thanks for clearing up the "bar queen" - I still don't get it! That Untucked was just hilarious. So glad to finally see the "your tone seems very pointed right now" moment... I want that on a T-shirt!!

Slightly off-topic, who's guessing the finale will involve making a music video for "RuPaul's new single: 'Glamazon'"?

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 6:59 AM

One question about that his "hint" photo - is there some sort of netting on the doll's head? Or is that just its hair? (Or maybe part of a wig covering the doll's original hair?)

I think that's just the Willam wig, with the mesh or netting attached to the wig hanging down on top of the doll. (So is the doll supposed to be Willam? ha. It's like a game of Clue.)

"bar queen" - I still don't get it!

Fifi has to sing in clubs for a dollar thrown at her, but Willam has a career. I think that was the general insult. It sounded like he was saying "far, queen!" to me, though - but I'm sure it was "bar queen" because far, queen doesn't make any sense.

ETA:

The "Fletcher can't swim very well" part is from The Bodyguard.

Aha! Thank you. I never saw that movie. It must have something to do with the Houston tribute, then. She was in that movie.

Edited by ScrubMonkey, Mar 25, 2012 @ 7:00 AM.