RuPaul's Drag Race

• Please log in to reply

14213 replies to this topic

poutling

poutling

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 6:00 PM

Someone on another forum I go to posted this. I'm not sure if it's true or not, so take it with a grain of salt:

So here's the t: Willam was using her cell phone to book other paying gigs and interviews during RPDR production (remember the cryptic comment that Chad Michaels made about everyone doing it, but Willam getting them in trouble for it). Willam snuck out of the hotel to dub some lines for another project that had wrapped before RPDR had begun production and got busted. Didn't apologize for it, didn't deny it, and a week after being eliminated was doing a musical off-Broadway. That doesn't just happen without forethought.

It also explains why Phi Phi was so irrationally jealous about the whole damn thing -- Phi Phi O'Hara is the only queen still left in this competition that could not be considered a "professional" drag queen, in that she doesn't support herself by doing drag and has to have a day job (an optician). When viewed through that prism, Phi Phi's animosity toward Willam (and especially what transpired on this week's Untucked) can be seen for what it is: straight-up jealousy.

This sounds the most likely to me out of all the guesses I've heard.

JohnnyGilda

JohnnyGilda

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

And she didn't even have to show her ladybits on camera neither.

She didn't have to, but she tried. Logo just spared us the details. Liked Willam--I'm sure I'll see him or her (depending on the role) elsewhere. Now, to the queens who actually want to, and deserve to, win this crown. Which should not include the chick whose wig keeps falling off. Please, Chad, Sharon, Latrice, somebody, Drop a house on that bitch. I also watch Survivor, and Colton supplies more than enough stank for my week.

Sol Apollo

Sol Apollo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

I tried to post something about this last night, but the forums went down for maintenance in the middle of submitting it.

Talking earlier about queens who blab after production has wrapped reminded me. Was there any truth to the rumor that last season Alexis Mateo was actually crowned the winner, but blabbed the whole thing on (twitter? Facebook?) and was disqualified, then the quickly thru together another runway and crowned Raja instead. Anyone know if there is validity to this?

moldyfig

moldyfig

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

Talking earlier about queens who blab after production has wrapped reminded me. Was there any truth to the rumor that last season Alexis Mateo was actually crowned the winner, but blabbed the whole thing on (twitter? Facebook?) and was disqualified, then the quickly thru together another runway and crowned Raja instead. Anyone know if there is validity to this?

I don't think so. It seemed pretty clear to me that Raja was the winner throughout the whole thing.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:24 PM

Death threats are uncalled for but I guess that will happen when you (Phi Phi) refer to another human being (Willam) as a "thing" and "it" on national television (and represent yourself all around as a bitchy & unlikable person). I can't sympathize with Phi Phi - she's a glorified troll and if she was worried about negative feedback and fan backlash then she should have chosen her words more wisely. Better yet, drop the attitude altogether.

Back on the topic of the lastest episode, did anyone else sit through almost 20 mins of static/radio interference with the LOGO channel?

Edited by Blixx, Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:26 PM.

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

The "death threats" against Phi Phi that I've seen have been pretty obvious jokes. I'm sure it would be unnerving to see people making jokes about killing you, and wondering if they're really jokes or not...but it's different from people making explicit threats.

So here's the t: Willam was using her cell phone to book other paying gigs and interviews during RPDR production (remember the cryptic comment that Chad Michaels made about everyone doing it, but Willam getting them in trouble for it). Willam snuck out of the hotel to dub some lines for another project that had wrapped before RPDR had begun production and got busted. Didn't apologize for it, didn't deny it, and a week after being eliminated was doing a musical off-Broadway. That doesn't just happen without forethought.

It also explains why Phi Phi was so irrationally jealous about the whole damn thing -- Phi Phi O'Hara is the only queen still left in this competition that could not be considered a "professional" drag queen, in that she doesn't support herself by doing drag and has to have a day job (an optician). When viewed through that prism, Phi Phi's animosity toward Willam (and especially what transpired on this week's Untucked) can be seen for what it is: straight-up jealousy.

I don't recall Chad ever saying that everyone was doing it. Just that Willam's behavior could "bring us all down."

I can believe that Chad, Latrice, and Sharon are able to make a living off of drag, but Dida? She's a good dancer, but if she's able to make a living off of drag, I find that kind of surprising.

Edited by BlakeSpeare, Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:41 PM.

Sol Apollo

Sol Apollo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I don't think so. It seemed pretty clear to me that Raja was the winner throughout the whole thing.

That's kind of what I thought, I couldn't imagine a world where Ru would pick Alexis Mateo over Raja. However, I still wonder because the same person I heard this from also said
Spoiler

pomme de divan

pomme de divan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:57 PM

Willam sneaks out to finish a job & gets DQd.
That.. Is the Big Secret?
Huh. Pretty anti-climatic for all the fuss.

Fuzubanu

Fuzubanu

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

That's kind of what I thought, I couldn't imagine a world where Ru would pick Alexis Mateo over Raja. However, I still wonder because the same person I heard this from also said

They're just messing with you. That's what happened on the last cycle of America's Next Top Model. People are going to continue to make jokes about that for a while, especially when they're not happy with the winner of other shows.

If only it had been Project Runway instead of ANTM. Not that there were any people in the finale last time who deserved to walk away with the win.

Not the point, I know. Alexis lost because she just never showed the range that the other two finalists brought. She was great at what she did, but you weren't gasping when she hit the runway because she was kind of one-note there. The other three members of the top 3 could really shock you with their outfits, and they could bring it on the challenges too. Alexis will get to live on for being the one with the most catch phrases that season. BAM! BAM!

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

Just came from Chad Sell's comic page (you can buy prints!) and he's got the prints up from the "Frenemies" episode. Guess who's left out again? Hint #1: There are three prints, and all are in pairs except one. Hint #2: the solo print gets a motion .gif! My favorite print is Latrice/Willam with Latrice, big and beautiful, center stage, with Willam huddled off the stage in the back!

The "death threats" against Phi Phi that I've seen have been pretty obvious jokes. I'm sure it would be unnerving to see people making jokes about killing you, and wondering if they're really jokes or not...but it's different from people making explicit threats.

I'm not sure if they were all jokes or not, but Phi2's Twitter was blowing up after almost every initial episode broadcast, and not in a good way. It kind of worried me, actually, that she didn't just stop looking on those nights, but she actually would answer/re-tweet her detractors. Some might call it foolhardy, others might say brave, but it's what she's doing. Most folks on TV who get that sort of action just report it to Twitter without any further fanfare.

Alexis lost because she just never showed the range that the other two finalists brought. She was great at what she did, but you weren't gasping when she hit the runway because she was kind of one-note there. The other three members of the top 3 could really shock you with their outfits, and they could bring it on the challenges too. Alexis will get to live on for being the one with the most catch phrases that season. BAM! BAM!

Yeah, After the initial reaction of, "Oh, what lovely eyes! Oh, what lovely gowns!" Alexis looked the same in every runway. I think had Yara Sofia not had her "The Rose" moment (as I like to call it), the F3 would have been Manila/Raja/Yara. I gasped at nearly every one of Yara's presentations.

Oh, noextrai. I wish you'd just tell us...or buy us all a Chick-Fil-a sammich so we forget.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:55 AM

Willam Belli addresses the rumors.

It looks like it's not anything that's been speculated so far. If not that, then what? She said that this is a hint about her elimination.

Susie Sunshine

Susie Sunshine

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 6:29 AM

Phi2 behaves like everything the rest of the queens do is an insult to her. Why can't she mind her own business, instead of bitching about Sharon and Willam?

What annoys me is that it seems Phi2 and the rest of the cast are getting along now. Who does that? If Phi2 spoke about me the way she did to Sharon or Willam, I would give her the silent treatment or give her a raging sermon she'd never forget about. I don't know about Willam, but Sharon seems to be way too nice of a human being for her own good, and Jiggly hanging out with Phi2 after she threw under the bus shows Jiggly doesn't have a backbone. You're still friends with the queen who betrayed you? Sad.

Chad Michaels remains my favorite. She's the most consistent. She's versatile. She can be fishy.

By the way, wouldn't it be great if Lady Bunny hosted the All Stars Season?

allegory

allegory

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 7:22 AM

What annoys me is that it seems Phi2 and the rest of the cast are getting along now. Who does that? If Phi2 spoke about me the way she did to Sharon or Willam, I would give her the silent treatment or give her a raging sermon she'd never forget about.

I think they all pretend to get along post season because they have to work together. Even Mimi has Sharon working at a couple of her larger events right now and you wouldn't think they know each other but I'm guessing she sought her out. And the bars are going to love booking two enemies at the same show. Last year they advertized "Nina vs Raja Showdown!" at some places.

Like RuPaul addressed in the last episode "Just like I do" (paraphrasing) when he stated that plenty of performers are fake nice, explaining how people who dislike each other have to work together and sometimes it makes for good energy.

They get commercials, Logo work, bar shows and all hope for a Drag U type gig. I remember Raja and Shangela throwing subtle Twitter shade post Season 3 and to this day they're just putting on a "let bygones be bygones" outward appearance. They even have a uTube saying that.

Something like: Shangela: "I think Raja is a fierce model" Reply Raja: "And I think Shangela is a great comedian". (paraphrasing) No real "friendly" type of communication was ever shared between those two, for example.

I think Jiggly is just too insecure to ever keep up a grudge, anyway, and not all that clever to keep up with a mouthy PHi2 with no logic to even follow. And when Willam tweets "I love PhiPhi blah blah blah we're actually friends" or whatever...I just laugh it off and eyeroll cuz I don't believe a word of it. "Love" as in love what an asshole he is, maybe.

I'm annoyed that Chad is getting very little screen time this season but it's probably because he's mellow {boring when viewers love the drama}. But I think he's quick and clever like when he promptly replied what he could learn from Dida is to not be afraid to fail. I LOL'd at the rapid baby faced innocent sweet shade. You don't come out of 20 years in the drag world without skills!

Metronal

Metronal

Just Tuned In

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 7:30 AM

With Willam now gone, it is hard to imagine Phi Phi being able to create much devisiveness between Sharon, Chad, and Latrice or even Dida. It seems time for another plot twist to create the necessary drama. Return of a previous contestant?

AgingGoth

AgingGoth

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

I just watched Manila's couture video and near the last part there is one frame of Jiggly

DollEyes

DollEyes

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

Re "Frenemies," it was shocking on several levels. Performance-wise, Chad's duet with Dida was great-on Chad's part, anyway. Dida was sloppy and off-key. The only funny thing Dida did was rip off Chad's dress and that was funny because of Chad's reaction. Re Untucked, Dida tried to be as diplomatic where Willam was concerned, but Faux2 (as in Fake, aka "Phony," which IMO she is), naturally, wasn't having it. meanwhile, Chad's dissing Faux2 is another reason why I heart her. Chad knows how ruthless Faux2 is. If Faux2 can't remove her enemies herself, then she'll use someone else and if they get eliminated, then so be it. Kudos to Chad (and Latrice, for that matter), for not falling into Faux2's trap. Chad's comforting Sharon was the icing on the cake. Chad's willingness to console a compatitor is yet another example of her outclassing Faux2. That Chad doesn't need to build herself up by tearing down everyone else proves that she's a much better queen-and person-than Faux2 could ever be.

I would much rather see Dida Cheesecake go next, keep Phi Phi (almost typed Phil) as a villain. Through cute, Dida doesn't add much entertainment. I can see why Phi Phi is still here-I would say he is "
most improved" over the past few weeks and that counts in reality TV.

Not with me. Piling on slightly less makeup than usual sin't "Most Improved" by a long shot IMO. Dida may not be the most exciting contestant left in the competition, but she doesn't make me want to kill my TV evertime I see her, either.

Speaking of Faux2, that she and Sharon wound up in the B2 this week was all her fault, I believe. Faux2's comtempt for Sharon messed up Sharon's performance, but she still managed to be better than her, no pun intended. And WTF was that bullshit from Michelle claiming that Sharon could learn something from pageant queens? Not only has Sharon come this far without their help, she's won two main challenges, including the first, so far. If anyone needs to change, it's Faux2, not Sharon. At least Sharon's proven that she's capable of totally flipping the script more than once where her looks are concerned; Faux2, otoh, just does slightly different versions of the same boring pageant queen. How dare Faux2 lecture Willam about her duplicity after what she tried to do to Willam and Latrice in this episode and what shedid do to Jiggly last week? I wouldn't be suprised if Faux2 was the one who snitched to Ru about Willam. As for Faux2's spiel about Willam being "untalented," she's an actor, a singer, a screenwriter and fiercer than Faux2 even on her worst day. Re Faux2's name-calling ("Bitch," "Fake," "Thing with a beard," "Man in a dress") the same things could apply to Faux2. As far as I'm concerned, Faux2 has more issues than Sashay Away. Willam deserved to be judged for her actions, but not by the likes of Faux2. If anything, Faux2 owes Willam a debt of gratitude because if it wasn't for "Willamgate," Faux2 would have been sent home, I believe. Not only was Faux2's LSFYL even more tired than her look, she channeled her inner Milan, however inadvertently, when she flipped her wig, while Sharon kept her shit together. Bribing Latrice with her cruise was yet another dumb move on Faux2's part. New flash, Faux: Latrice has already won a cruise, so she doesn't need yours, bitch. At this point, my hatred of Faux2 isn't just at "flames-on-the-sides-of-my-face" levels:it's full-fledged backdraft.

Bye, Willam. You will be missed.

I want to have potluck supper with Latrice and her drag family.

Edited by DollEyes, Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:43 PM.

keywestkeely

keywestkeely

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

I hate the fact that the judges seem so tolerant of Phi2's messy, outdated drag. Other than a few footnote comments about her make-up, they don't come down on her nearly enough. I know we see highly edited versions, but come on!

Phi2's makeup is harsh, her clothes are strictly (as I mentioned before) J.C. Penney's outlet store circa 1985, and her runway presentation often reveals her chronic sullenness.

I honestly think the only reason they keep her on is because of the backstage drama, of which they're well aware.

kostgard

kostgard

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

I honestly think the only reason they keep her on is because of the backstage drama, of which they're well aware.

That's exactly it. Just like on ANTM where Tyra ALWAYS keeps the troublemaker on well past her expiration date, Ru is doing the same. And the troublemaker usually goes out in fourth (sometimes fifth) place, so that while more deserving people went home before the troublemaker, the top three is "clean."

I suspect that is what we'll see here. DiDa will probably go next (or if they bring another queen back, right before or after her), and Phi Phi will go out in fourth. And she better place no higher than fourth - if she somehow outlasts Latrice, Chad or Sharon, I'm calling shenanigans. She doesn't have the talent nor the consistency of those three.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

DiDa's sitcom facial reactions did give some much needed comic relief throughout Untucked.

That was really cute. Dida's makeup was also very good this episode (although her pads got all out of place in the lounges).

I was just about to post some Dida love myself; glad someone is showing her the respect she deserves. I felt bad for her during Untucked because it was obvious she was uncomfortable hearing Phi & Willam fuss and then being put on the spot about who should go home next. I really like how Dida saves face during all this drama and sometimes seems to be the most mature out of all of them. Yeah she probably wont make it to the top 3 but I do love his sunny disposition and just kind nature. Hair and makeup is starting to improve greatly as well.

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 1:13 PM

HA! And I LOVED that it was Sharon that pointed out to the dumbass the other times that Phi was blonde.

It was Willam who pointed it out.

Sol Apollo

Sol Apollo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

That's exactly it. Just like on ANTM where Tyra ALWAYS keeps the troublemaker on well past her expiration date, Ru is doing the same. And the troublemaker usually goes out in fourth (sometimes fifth) place, so that while more deserving people went home before the troublemaker, the top three is "clean."

If only Phi2 could be as entertaining as Jade, left over lady. I want a Jade-like drag queen now in a future season!! Actually, Jade essentially is a drag queen, so...

Domina Nocturna

Domina Nocturna

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 4:07 PM

If only Phi2 could be as entertaining as Jade, left over lady. I want a Jade-like drag queen now in a future season!! Actually, Jade essentially is a drag queen, so...

Well, Willam was close, but he veered more toward the Blair/Blanche/Suzanne/Regine archetype than our beautiful bi-racial butterfly.

TryDelta

TryDelta

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

I want to say that Phi Phi's drag was on a Milan level of desperation and embarrassment. But then again, Milan gave better taint swiffering. And she took off her wig on purpose.

Sharon's drag was quirky and very Sharon.

I'll miss Willam but I think (and I believe I'm echoing others here) this was the perfect way for her to go. I don't think she had any shot of winning and the controversy feeds into her persona.

Edited by TryDelta, Mar 22, 2012 @ 5:24 PM.

jessme

jessme

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

I found myself actually getting angry when seeing phibitch's tirade against Willam, she went too far, calling someone a thing is just freaking uncalled for. I love Latrice, Chad, and Sharon, and have to admit was a little disapponted and disgusted that no one said anything when the word "thing" was used, but then when there was a poster on this thread that wrote that they were just trying to let Phi have her tantrum and just rise above it themselve then I understood it better. Latrice is still my main woman, with Sharon close behind, and I love how nice Chad was too Sharon too.

I love coming to this site because I can get all the dishes from other forums through links here, so it's more comprehensive than anywhere else, and the convo is fabulous. :)

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

I think I know the deal on the Willam situation

Spoiler

Edited by Blixx, Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:34 PM.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

I wouldn't mind Phi2 if her actions on the show weren't so desperate. The above-mentioned ANTM's Jade was fun to watch after a spell because she was over-the-top without being necessarily hateful. Phi2, on the other hand, reminds me of Chris Hargensen from "Carrie": Carrie was supposed to stay down and know her place, and when Carrie began to blossom, Chris dumped pig's blood on her at the prom. Of course, since Sharon's playing the part of Carrie in this instance, she'd be like, "Where the HELL is my pig's blood, Phi phi!?" :))

I hope that Phi2's exit is as sloppy and drama-filled as her LSFYL was. Remember, children, this is a broad who can't even keep her tits on WITH a loop around the neck!

ETA: clarification

Edited by AtlanticVamp, Mar 22, 2012 @ 8:39 PM.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I imagine Phi Phi's exit is going to look a lot like her performance at the "spring break" wet T-shirt contest. Total mess.

BlakeSpeare

BlakeSpeare

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:07 AM

It seems time for another plot twist to create the necessary drama. Return of a previous contestant?

I've been fearing the prospect of Kenya coming back for a while.

I don't think that it would be in any way justifiable to bring her back. She showed no talent other than looking pretty, and there are plenty of "fishy" queens from previous seasons who I'd take over her any day. (Jujubee, Shannel, Tatianna, Carmen, etc.)

But it seems like the kind of thing the judges would do. She'd bring back plenty of drama with her, and the thing with "Kenya's letter" seemed like a way of keeping her in the viewers' minds - and setting up the future drama I was referring to.

The judges sure seemed to be far more taken with her than they should have been, and I think they know that the season is lacking eye candy. If they're going to bring someone back, I could easily see it being her.

Edited by BlakeSpeare, Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:10 AM.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 12:31 AM

I wish Ru'd bring Alisa Summers back, we NEVER got to see her full potential - AND she even wore a different dress during the "Are you as pissed as me" segment...

blubld43

blubld43

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2012 @ 6:10 AM

I wish Ru'd bring Alisa Summers back, we NEVER got to see her full potential - AND she even wore a different dress during the "Are you as pissed as me" segment...

I agree! It would be great if Phiphi gets eliminated and Alissa comes back in her place.