8-17: "For Gedda" 2008.05.15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

179 replies to this topic

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:00 PM

In the eighth season finale, the team's own Warrick is accused of killing a Las Vegas gangster, and the troubling truth is that Warrick isn't sure if he's innocent or guilty. Can the team figure it out?

This was a thousand times better than Cockroaches. R.I.P. Warrick. I like that the IA guy brought up Holly Gribbs, it brought the whole thing into circle. Nice meta with Brass's, "You don't know how lucky you are."
And lastly, just two words of caution for Gary Dourdan: Yancy Butler.

MagnoliaMer

MagnoliaMer

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:01 PM

My husband called it. I hate it when he's right.

fifty8th

fifty8th

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:02 PM

Wow did not think they were going to actually kill him off, I guess he won't be back for a few episodes next year as reported, since I don't see CSI doing the ghost thing twice.

ETA: Well I thought maybe after the drug thing them might kill him off but still....the neck.

Edited by fifty8th, May 15, 2008 @ 9:04 PM.

txconnie

txconnie

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:03 PM

I think I am in shock. I missed the middle of this episode due to full DVR, but OMG- the last 10 seconds.

curiousmonkey

curiousmonkey

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:03 PM

Who was the first ghost? My brain is not functioning.

That was crazy intense, I kept looking at the clock and going "Oh noes! There is so much time left! What'll happen?"

sourtimes

sourtimes

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:04 PM

Warrick. :(

fifty8th

fifty8th

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:07 PM

I don't watch Miami but I thought I read that they brought the guy they killed off (the guy from that Dazed and Confused) as a ghost or something.

irisheyes

irisheyes

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:08 PM

Alas, poor Warrick. I was actually expecting the car to blow up in the alley. That would be all mob-like, right? I knew something bad was going to happen since they had a happy meal, and it seemed like everything was going to be OK. I knew GD was leaving, so I knew there had to be some reason. I doubted they were just going to mention next season that he was working days. Plus, the promos had it right. It's something that's never happened on CSI before. Every other year, the CSI in peril made it out. This time, not so much.

Poor Nicky. The Rage Diary will be getting a lot of use this summer as he seeks to avenge his friend's death!

squeege addict

squeege addict

Video Archivist

I feel sick! I knew it was coming (unspoiled) as soon as he was getting in his car, but I still feel sick! It was a great episode though. I don't get why they had to kill him though, Sara wasn't off-ed....it's just soooo not cool for me right now.

RIP Warrick...=(

Biba

Biba

Fanatic

• Interests:Bones, Alias, Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, Criminal Minds, Modern Family, Vampire Diaries, Nikita.

I didn't like Warrick, and I didn't want him to die, but the moment everyone started walking out and Warrick started walking alone in the alley, I knew he was going to die.

And seriously, why park in the alley? That seems like such a random place to park!

MagnoliaMer

MagnoliaMer

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:09 PM

I don't watch Miami but I thought I read that they brought the guy they killed off (the guy from that Dazed and Confused) as a ghost or something.

Tim Speedle was the ghost on CSI Miami. He died because his gun jammed during a robbery at a jewelry store and the suspect got a shot off on him. He failed to keep his gun cleaned and that caused the jam.

squeege addict

squeege addict

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:11 PM

And seriously, why park in the alley? That seems like such a random place to park!

Good point!

Remember boys and girls: NEVER park in alleyways at night unless you wanna go gently into that good night...

And lastly, just two words of caution for Gary Dourdan: Yancy Butler.

I don't understand this reference....can anyone help? =)

Edited by squeege addict, May 15, 2008 @ 9:13 PM.

Kaijin

Kaijin

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:12 PM

Wow, I really was not expecting that. I mean, fired sure but killed. Darn you CSI for making me want to cry (ok yea i cried). And that asshole (which sheriff/head of CSI was that? Atwater?) shot him like a coward.

On a non-Warrick note, Nick is gonna have to stop picking up women, seems like whenever he gets interested in a girl something bad happens: Kristy, he ran off with club girl and Cath gets drugged and whatnot, he sees waitress girl and well ya know what happens.

Edited by Kaijin, May 15, 2008 @ 9:13 PM.

RandomWatcher

RandomWatcher

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:13 PM

With a few minutes remaining at the end, I figured something was going to happen, but I didn't expect him to be shot like that.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:34 PM

I don't understand this reference....can anyone help? =)

squeege, Yancy was an actress on a show called Witchblade. She just had one little problem, she's an alcoholic. Her chemical issues killed the show and her career.

dotba

dotba

Just Tuned In

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:35 PM

This was so sad. I can't believe they actually killed him off. It just doesn't seem fair. Maybe they'll wind up saving him next season but not showing it? They could just say he's recovering or something. I can hope...

Still though the episode was pretty good. I was so happy to see them all eating together again!

One thing I just have to mention, on my feed (central time) the audio was about 1-2 seconds behind the video...argh! what was that about? The last show and Warricks big episode and they couldn't sync it up?

squeege addict

squeege addict

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:48 PM

Her chemical issues killed the show and her career.

Yoko, thanks a lot. When I checked her IMDB, I just assumed it was because she seems to be on one actress in the history of television that hasn't appeared on any CSI shows! Lol.

Sad about Dourdan...so was he fired or quit? It seems like a firing...why else would they kill him off? Make damn well sure he can't come back.

fifty8th

fifty8th

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 9:49 PM

This was so sad. I can't believe they actually killed him off. It just doesn't seem fair. Maybe they'll wind up saving him next season but not showing it? They could just say he's recovering or something. I can hope...

That shot to the neck looked pretty fatal to me, in fact I thought it should have killed him outright since it looked like it should have severed his spinal column. On top of that he was shot t least once more presumably to kill.

Sad about Dourdan...so was he fired or quit? It seems like a firing...why else would they kill him off? Make damn well sure he can't come back.

It was supposedly a mutual thing but it has been reported they did not ask him back.

Edited by fifty8th, May 15, 2008 @ 9:50 PM.

Rear Window

Rear Window

Video Archivist

Does anyone know when CBS will put this ep on its site? No power from 9:10-10:15 so although I've spoiled myself, I really need to see what happened.

laramie66

laramie66

Couch Potato

With the tap on the window -- was that Eccle? -- I knew it. The car in the alley was another giveaway.

So no one else was screaming at their television? No one? Mr. laramie came running upstairs to my: they're NOT going to do this, they're NOT.

But they did.

Good thing Petersen is paid the most of any actor currently in television, or he would be worm bait too, judging from the way they're dropping like flies.

I wonder if Sarah will come back for the funeral?

I can't believe they did that.

Oh, but nice to see they didn't invite Hodges to eat with them.

Poor Warrick.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:07 PM

With the tap on the window -- was that Eccle?

No, that was Undersheriff asshole.

tabbystar7

tabbystar7

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:11 PM

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted on twop...

I really wasn't expecting Warrick to get shot like that. I guess we all figured something was coming what with the alleyway and the almost-happy ending, but the way it happened, just...yeesh. It made me sad, especially since we just lost Sara as well. But I have to say, I really liked that they all had breakfast together that last time. I've been missing that ever since the first finale, with the pancakes. The breakfast made me happy.

Have to wonder how Grissom's going to cope, losing his girlfriend and then his favorite CSI one after the other. And I wonder if Nick will be the one to find him, since he was still in the diner. Man, that episode just depressed the hell out of me...

GoldfishGirl42

GoldfishGirl42

Fanatic

• Interests:Red Sox, Patriots, sci-fi, history, literature, crime shows (but not CSI:Miami)

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:19 PM

DAMN YOU ZUIKER. (lot of producer damning going on tonight.)

When he was exonerated and I looked down and , boom, ten minutes left in the show? Awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. Tiny bit of me held out hope that he might just get to walk away and take a sabbatical? Stomped to bits by Undersherriff Guy appearing at the window. "Oh, fucking fuck."

RIP, 'Rick. You weren't my fave, but you were a good guy. And now we get an awesome season premier in October with Vengeful Team laying the smackdown of avenging. I have an awful feeling that Nicky, on shift and two blocks away, gets the call. However, I am beyond glad that one of my favorite 'ships got the last goodbye. Nicky and Warrick forever, y'all.

SugarCookie

SugarCookie

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:20 PM

Ok, I cried too. Can someone get shot point blank like that and still survive? I'm hoping so....I thought I read somewhere that the head honchos were going to write his exit in a way that it would be possible for him to come back next season. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part. I loved the scene at the end with them in the restaurant. Dang......

Ocean Chick

Ocean Chick

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:24 PM

I guess "CSI" writers read the playbook from "Lost" - if your cast screws up (DUIs/drug busts), kill them off. Alas, poor Warrick - we hardly knew ye! But at least we can count on The Search for Warrick's Killer as the theme for next year. I hope Sara comes back for the funeral - she was good friends with Warrick, after their rocky start.

Sad as I am to see Warrick go not so gently into that good night, I think it's good plot with the Undersheriff being a bad guy. And not having yet another CSI survive the odds. Hmmmm - I wonder if this is all a fakeout and the murder was just staged so that the real mole thinks Warrick is dead? And Warrick is really going into the Witness Protection Plan? If anyone could fake a murder, it'd be CSIs. Heh.

fifty8th

fifty8th

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:25 PM

I thought I read somewhere that the head honchos were going to write his exit in a way that it would be possible for him to come back next season.

That was reported, I guess it was trick to help make the ending more shocking.

Driad

Driad

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:27 PM

With the tap on the window -- was that Eccle?

No, that was Undersheriff asshole.

Could someone refresh our collective memory about Undersheriff asshole's past, please?

staveDarsky

staveDarsky

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:27 PM

Long time no post from me either.

Why oh why didn't "Serpico"/Warrick just go for that beer with his buddy, Nick? *wails* At least he'd have lived for a little while longer.

I think the story that Gary would be back for guest appearances was a ruse to throw the fans off. Or maybe they shot a few endings so the crew wouldn't be sure which was going to be the real ending for Warrick. Perhaps Gary's real life troubles were the deciding factor in picking which ending to use.

The other thing I'm wondering is if they'll use all of season 9 to work on Warrick's murder case and catch the Undersherriff.

Kaijin

Kaijin

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:32 PM

Hmmmm - I wonder if this is all a fakeout and the murder was just staged so that the real mole thinks Warrick is dead? And Warrick is really going into the Witness Protection Plan? If anyone could fake a murder, it'd be CSIs. Heh.

All I can do is cross my fingers and chant "Alex Cabot Alex Cabot Alex Cabot"

If not I hope Nick punches the Undersheriff in the face several times.

Edited by Kaijin, May 15, 2008 @ 10:38 PM.

tabbystar7

tabbystar7

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 10:34 PM

I hope Sara comes back for the funeral - she was good friends with Warrick, after their rocky start.

Ditto that. I honestly wouldn't be able to believe that Sara, even with her many issues, wouldn't come home for the death of a member of the core team. They're pretty much a family, as I see it.

If not I hope Nick punched the Undersheriff in the face several times.

Heh, ditto that as well. It'd be pretty great if the whole of the graveyard shift just went to town on him, actually. Total smackdown. They're good CSIs; they could cover it up easily enough, I'm sure.

Edited by tabbystar7, May 15, 2008 @ 10:36 PM.