DWTS: All-Star Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1198 replies to this topic

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

I found it to be about as exciting as watching paint dry on on growing grass.

This is really what will drive the show's format: What will draw viewers and boost ratings.

"Reunion" shows have generally been successful ratings-wise, but I know of only one (Survivor S8) "Reality-Show" that had an All-Star season. It was a ratings juggernaut too, so I can see the TPTB of DWTS wanting to tap into that possibility. It is a more complex format though, since DWTS has always focused so strongly on the couples.

That might be a reason to start out an All-Star season with teams of rotating Pros/Stars competing - much as auntie thesis suggests. It might be a way to initially break some of the old couple-y ties while still retaining the relationships and camaraderie. New ties and rivalries would develop over a few weeks that would build a bridge to a new "Reality" and a new set of couples. Maybe even have people vote for favorite pairings after seeing them all dancing together for a couple of weeks. Some clandestine meetings and maneuvers could also help spice up the season's start.

I say all this with some remorse, as I too have my favorite couples that I would love to see dance together again, and many of the Pros have become favorites over time. But I realize not everyone has the same favorites, which is one of the reasons that the show reaches such a wide audience. (See #1 Goal above.) However, I think it would be possible to create new favorite pairings, using old friends and rivals, that might be just as fun to watch.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

The bottom line? Never underestimate the power of the loyalty that a celeb feels towards his or her pro even after only a week. It's fierce.

I don't think we'd have problem getting a cast of All Stars who are willing to do the show whether they have their original partners or not. Joey, Tia, Sabrina, and Carson are all in Vegas without their original partners. Some stars would do anything for attention that comes with DWTS and I don't beleive loyalty would stand in their way.

Part of my problem with mixing up partners is I think the partnerships are what made some stars memorable in the first place. It's almost impossible to separate the star from the pro when looking back at their time on the show. In a way, I think the pros should get credit for turning the star into an all star and get he benefit of working with the star that they trained.

Otherwise, it doesn't seem fair that a couple who has known and worked (presumably) well together would have that kind of advantage over a new pairing.

I would hardly call Nichole S. competing against Kate G. fair. Casting has never been completely fair on this show, so I don't see why an All Star season would be different. Yes, having worked together could be an advantage, but so would touring or dancing in Vegas. I would also presume that when a star did the show could have certain advantages or disadvantages. If someone was on an early season and hasn't danced since, they'd probably be worse off than someone who recently did the show. Someone from a recent season is probably in better shape and is more likely to remember routines.

New pairs could also provide some advantages. It can help to have a new teacher with a new perspective. Either way, I don't want to see the show meddle with existing pairings that have worked well.

QueenL

QueenL

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

But then does anyone honestly believe that Mel & Maks and Gilles & Cheryl wouldn't be there right until the very end?

There is just absolutely no suspense and no competition if you keep the pairs the same. It's literally just a complete retread.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

I disagree about there being no suspense. Gilles and Mel B never competed against eachother. If you have a cast full of contenders because of ability, fan base, or a combination of both, then I think we could still have surprises. Who you compete against can really matter on this show. Whether or not someone stands out can depend on what the rest of the cast is like.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

Part of my problem with mixing up partners is I think the partnerships are what made some stars memorable in the first place. It's almost impossible to separate the star from the pro when looking back at their time on the show.

Right, but the partnership did not exist before the Show, and therefore a different partnership could be built that may be just as compelling, or perhaps even more compelling. It's like Brad & Jen, or Brad & Angie? (I know ... Brad & George, but you get the idea! ;))

Mel & Maks and Gilles & Cheryl

These are the heartbreakers aren't they? Ones who legitimately coulda/ woulda won. We want to see their story continue. I would love to see Apolo & Julianne, Mario & Karina, and Drew & Cheryl too - if we could just go back in time.

Then there are dancers I would like to see again, regardless of their partner: Kristi, Hines, Evan, Mya, Melissa, Stacy, and Emmitt.

I agree that much of the reason why a Star emerges as a favorite is because of their partnership, their shared 'journey' which is developed over time. I just don't believe that an existing-established-partnership is needed for an entertaining All-Star Season. I think that 'new' favorite couples can, and will, emerge even after just a few weeks.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

Part of my problem with mixing up partners is I think the partnerships are what made some stars memorable in the first place. It's almost impossible to separate the star from the pro when looking back at their time on the show. In a way, I think the pros should get credit for turning the star into an all star and get he benefit of working with the star that they trained.

Agreed 100%. I don't really see the celeb as the All-Star; I see the All-Star as the celeb and original pro together. While it might be different to see the pairs mixed up, I personally think that defeats the purpose of an All-Star season. Viewers have affection for the couple - not just the celeb. And I'll bet a lot of the celebs wouldn't do it unless they were paired with their original pro.

I think whatever they decide to do, they will have a serious challenge on their hands trying to get a compelling cast of previous celebs. I'm sure they could get Kate Gosselin, Kim Kardashian and Bristol Palin to come back, but ugh, that would be the WORST.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

Was this article supposed to be sarcasm? It sounds more like a train wreck season with Kate Gosselin, Kim Kardashian, Cloris Leachman and Carson Kressley. Cloris and Carson's clumsy efforts to dance were entertaining for a couple dances. Then their obvious inability to dance became annoying.
All Stars we want back.

That does bring up a good point. Will All Stars be the best dancers that didn't win? Or will they cast a few bad dancers just to drive up ratings?

Edited by aceplace57, Apr 27, 2012 @ 5:18 PM.

auntie thesis

auntie thesis

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

I think whatever they decide to do, they will have a serious challenge on their hands trying to get a compelling cast of previous celebs. I'm sure they could get Kate Gosselin, Kim Kardashian and Bristol Palin to come back, but ugh, that would be the WORST.

Dear TPTB,

Please, if you care about your viewers even one tiny bit, DO NOT make us sit through Cloris Leachman again. And if you must bring back Carson Kressley, please him have do Brooke's job for the all-star season. Please don't bring back Master P or Meta World Peace or Skeletor Lucci either. While I'm sure they all had redeeming qualities, dance ability was not among them.

While we're at it, don't even think of giving The Situation a second chance. The guy is absolutely repulsive and makes most of us who are over the age of 21 want to throw things at our televisions. Or correct his grammar and tell him to put his shirt down. Either way, we're not amused by his antics. Same goes for poor little Kristin of Bitchaguna Beach. Nobody cares about her 2.5 seconds of fame. Although, I know you're probably not considering her at the moment because she is prego. But hey, the baby may fall out before then and you might say "well, she's no Mel B. but she deserves a second shot..." to which I say "NO. Just no. I detest Spatty McBratty the Wonder Triplet as much as I detest processed lunchmeat but I wouldn't wish that on him a second time."

There is one celebrity that I fear may try to haunt our screens again. She was a well-liked actress prior to, say, whenever she got her own show entitled "Fat Actress". She may have had a heart of gold. A wonderful personality. A aging but ample bust. But for the love of all that is holy, please do NOT let Kirstie Alley on the all-stars season. I'm sure there are other middle aged women who were actually entertaining (Niecy Nash, Marie Osmond) that should get a spot on all-stars over Ms. Alley. Hell, I'd rather see Margaret Cho on the all-stars than Kirstie Alley and she really tried my nerves the first time around!

Signed,
Devoted DWTS Fan #6898 (auntie thesis)

That does bring up a good point. Will All Stars be the best dancers that didn't win? Or will they cast a few bad dancers just to drive up ratings?

Oh you know there will be bad dancers. Not god awful horrible dancers, but a few of the wtf finalists. Like the aforementioned Ms. Alley...maybe the awkward but decidedly unattractive Mr. Carter...possibly Little-Laura-All-Grown-Up aka Melissa Gilbert. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of those "who the hell are you?" types on there as well, especially if they get people from the first 3-4 seasons. I've already forgotten a lot of those contestants.

Edited by auntie thesis, Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:13 PM.

toonces464

toonces464

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 7:11 PM

There is one celebrity that I fear may try to haunt our screens again. She was a well-liked actress prior to, say, whenever she got her own show entitled "Fat Actress". She may have had a heart of gold. A wonderful personality. A aging but ample bust. But for the love of all that is holy, please do NOT let Kirstie Alley on the all-stars season. I'm sure there are other middle aged women who were actually entertaining (Niecy Nash, Marie Osmond) that should get a spot on all-stars over Ms. Alley. Hell, I'd rather see Margaret Cho on the all-stars than Kirstie Alley and she really tried my nerves the first time around!

Thank you. Kirstie Alley once was bad enough. A second time would make me not watch. Especially when you add in this new 'dimension' of her saying she wants to bang Maks, which you know the show would play up to the hilt for ratings. Just the thought of this skeeves me out.

Unfortunately though I don't see them doing an all star season without her since they obviously consider her one of the biggest stars they've ever had on the show.

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 9:55 PM

What? No support for Ian Ziering?

auntie thesis

auntie thesis

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:26 PM

All Star Season Cast Suggestions

Season 13 choices:
Chynna Phillips -- I thought Chynna could have been a good dancer if she had been able to get past her nerves. I also think that Tony wasn't the right partner for her. Would rather see her with Val or Dmitry...someone who wants to win and wouldn't be afraid to push her.

David Arquette -- Guy could dance. He was quirky and interesting. I also think he was too much of a nervous nelly and really could have benefited from some coaching from a male pro. He really seemed to not get how to lead in a dance and got waay too into character, almost to the point where the dance didn't matter. Wonder if he'd make the same mistakes the second time around?

Season 12 choices:

Romeo -- He was an excellent dancer and seemed to be competitive without being a total asshat. I really liked him and would love to see him get a second shot at the mirrorball. Also really enjoyed the partnership he had with Chelsie and wouldn't mind seeing them rekindle it.

Ralph Macchio -- He was just so freaking awkward. Part of me wants to believe that it was due to his height and age...but I mostly believe that he was just nervous. I also thought that his partnership with Karina was weird. Total lack of chemistry and painful to watch at times. Would love to see him paired with Anna or Peta the second time around.

Season 11 choices:
Kyle Massey -- LOVED him and really think he'd be great on an all-stars season. Plus he has some extra dance experience under his belt now. His partnership with Lacey was a joy to watch (although cheesy at times) and one of the very few I'd be interested in seeing again.

Brandy -- If this were a skill based contest, she'd have won. But her personality was kind of off putting and I think that was ultimately to her detriment. Perhaps if she had a different partner, she could tone it down. Maybe a calm pro like Tony or a good-natured pro like Tristan would be a better match for her?

Season 10 choices:
Evan Lysacek -- He was cute and one of the few natural dancers they've had on the show. I was SO pissed when he lost to Golden Boy and Nicole. He really does deserve a second shot, imo.

Pamela Anderson -- She was a decent dancer and has a good sized fanbase. I think she suffered from unknown pro syndrome. Not that Damian wasn't a good teacher or was just plain unlikeable...but he wasn't a big enough presence to carry Pamela through the season and so they went home early in a tough season.

Season 9 choices:
Mark Dacascos -- He came across as weird and slightly creepy. Plus there was zero chemistry in his partnership with Lacey. I think that given a different partner, he could have been fun to watch and a real contender.

Joanna Krupa -- I liked her, despite the fact that she was paired with Golden Boy. Girl could move and actually stood up to Derek, which was freakin' awesome to watch since Golden Boy always seems to get those "bimbo caught in headlights" type of women as partners.

Mya -- Excellent dancer and excellent partnership with Dmitry. My only beef here is that I think she also suffered from unknown pro syndrome. Plus she didn't have a great personality. Kind of an ice queen and it wasn't cute.

Season 8 choices:
Melissa Rycroft -- I'll go there. Yes, I will. She needs the work. Let's give her another chance. She was fun and cute and her partnership with Tony was probably one of the best ever on the show (ymmv).

Gilles Marini -- If I could just insert a bunch of hearts and rainbows here, I would. *sigh*. I'm long past jr high though so I'm going to say that I thought Cheryl freakin' blew it with that craptastic freestyle. He deserves a shot at redemption with someone who will take the man seriously. Peta would push him, but then we'd have to worry about her using him as a stripper pole....

Season 7 choices:
Lance Bass -- Lancey boy. He was just unexpectedly cool and funny on DWTS. Don't know he'd be the same the second time around, but I think he'd be fun to watch again.

Warren Sapp -- Warren and Kym were probably my favorite partnership of all-time. It just seemed like they were having a good time all of the time. No awkward pseudo-sexual tension. No fake smiles. Just dancing and laughing. Plus the man could move. He always worked the floor and didn't have to resort to throwing his partner around to get attention and applause.

Season 6 choices:

Marlee Matlin -- Only if they bring back Fabian....but seriously, she had potential. And if TPTB have to have one early outer, I'd rather it be someone inspiring like Marlee and not one of the talentless windbag shrews like Sherri Shepard, Kate Gosselin or Kirstie Alley.

Season 5 choices:
Sabrina Bryan -- Let's settle this once and for all: Did she deserve to be eliminated? Was she really one of the best dancers ever to grace our screens? Is all of the ass kissing really necessary? Because if she makes it past week 7 in the all-stars round, I will be ok with the adulation and endless ZOMG!-age that she gets on DWTS...but if she doesn't, let her fade gracefully into obscurity...

Cameron Mathison -- What's he doing since AIC went off the air? I think he reeks of desperation every time the camera pans into the audience. The guy wasn't a good dancer, but eh, he'd make decent cannon fodder for the serious contenders.

Marie Osmond -- She's lost a lot of weight. Plus I think that her shilling for NutriSystem is kind of sad. Maybe TPTB could throw her a bone and let her join Cameron and Marlee as cannon fodder for the all-stars season??

Mel B -- If I only had to choose one person to be on the all-star season, she would be it. Great dancer, good performer, no nasty ego, and the partnership that I've ever felt that Maks was evenly matched in. She was intense and I'd love to see her on the show again.

Season 4 choices:
Ian Ziering -- Someone asked why there was no Ian Ziering love on this board and I'd have to say...that's not true at all. I loved Ian on this season but somehow, he had faded in my memory. He is looking awesome these days and I think he's worthy of a second shot at ye olde mirrorball.

Joey Fatone -- Meh. I liked him well enough, but he seems sweaty all of the time. Not that having overactive sweat glands should disqualify him from competing, but his novelty factor has plummeted since season 4 so I'm not 100% sold that he should be on the all-star season.

Season 3 choices:
Jerry Springer -- I loved Springer on DWTS. He was a surprise dancer and really funny. Wouldn't mind seeing him again but I do think he'd be an early outer.

Mario Lopez -- Well, since he's the one who leaked, he's on the list by default.

I didn't watch seasons 1 or 2, so I'm not really caring if TPTB bring anyone back or not.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

I don't want to argue with your choices, though I hated Ian Ziering, Marie Osmond, Sabrina Bryan, Mya, Joanna Krupa and Mark Decascos - so much so that I'd have to record and FF. Also Sabrina and David Arquette were singularly unpopular - David was in the bottom two very early on and Sabrina went home as soon as they dropped her scores to straight 8's. I think Chynna was unpopular too or her fans would have rallied after her sad forgetfulness.

But anyhow, I'd like to see Nancy Grace again, just because of Tristan (unless they found another way to partner him.) I'd say Gladys but I know the show would work hard to get rid of her quickly - which may or may not be true with Nancy. Other than her, I'd like to see Gilles and Mel B, both for their dancing and because I loved their personalities. I also loved Holly Madison and Paulina Poritzkova, but they probably wouldn't last too long due to pretty poor ability. Oh, and Carson Kressley - he's hilarious. That's all that come to mind.

toonces464

toonces464

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

Sorry, but I don't see how Mel B is any less of a ringer than Nicole. I wouldn't watch an all star season with either of them.

Elsa

Elsa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

You've got a good point. Maybe ringers should be disallowed! And I'd want at least 2 weeks before the first cast-off, maybe longer. Actually, I wish they wouldn't do an all-star season at all. I don't much want to see any of them back. Well, Gilles I guess. He tugged at my heartstrings a lot, despite a slight tinge of desperation. And he was a natural dancer. That's not the same as a ringer, but in a way, maybe it is. Someone so gifted innately with coordination and grace - such people can be as good as many with loads of training. He certainly was. I remember Cheryl saying she needed to polish her own dancing to keep up with him!

auntie thesis

auntie thesis

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:23 AM

Maybe ringers should be disallowed!

Well, there goes half the alumni. No boy band guys, no Disney kids, no aging pop stars. *sigh*

I don't see how Mel B is any less of a ringer than Nicole.

I get why some people feel so strongly about Mel B not getting another shot on all-stars. She did have her pop star moves to fall back on. She was a strong dancer and was definitely a ringer on her season. However, I draw the line at comparing her to Nicole. Mostly because I always thought that Nicole's time on DWTS was one big publicity stunt and I couldn't have cared less about her once it became clear that the judges were going to give her the win no matter what.

But anyhow, I'd like to see Nancy Grace again, just because of Tristan (unless they found another way to partner him.) I'd say Gladys but I know the show would work hard to get rid of her quickly - which may or may not be true with Nancy. Other than her, I'd like to see Gilles and Mel B, both for their dancing and because I loved their personalities. I also loved Holly Madison and Paulina Poritzkova, but they probably wouldn't last too long due to pretty poor ability. Oh, and Carson Kressley - he's hilarious. That's all that come to mind.

I'm in favorite of Carson coming back...as long as he does Brooke's job for the all-star seasons. Muhaha...I think he'd make a great co-host.

And I just have to say NO NO HELL NO to the idea of Nancy Grace being on all-stars again. See, I have this fantasy that Tristan will get to dance with someone who actually can...and it's totally hot. I don't know who that would be though.

Zanzibar

Zanzibar

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

I would love to see Evan Lysacek return for an All-Star season, but I don't see it happening this year. He is serious about returning to competition for the 2014 Sochi Olympics, and he really can't afford to skip any of the Grand Prix skating events this fall. He may have been able to do DWTS and skate in Stars on Ice at the same time, but SOI is totally different than competing. Evan did retweet something someone else tweeted about seeing Evan and Anna back on an All-Star season, but I just don't see it in the cards for Evan right now. And much as I would like to see him on the dance floor again, I would love to see him in the 2014 Olympics more.

MeeMaw

MeeMaw

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:03 AM

What about an All-Star season with all 2nd place finishers?

Season 1 - John O'Hurley w/Charlotta
Season 2 - Stacey Kiebler w/Tony D. or Jerry Rice w/ Anna T.
Season 3 - Mario Lopez w/Karina Smirnoff
Season 4 - Joey Fatone w/ Kym Johnson
Season 5 - Mel B w/Maks C.
Season 6 - Jason Taylor w/Edyta S.
Season 7 - Warren Sapp w/Kym Johnson
Season 8 - Gilles Marini w/Cheryl Burke
Season 9 - Mya w/ Dmitri Chapin
Season 10 - Evan L. w/Anna T.
Season 11 - Kyle Massey w/Lacey S.
Season 12 - Kirstie A. w/Maks C.
Season 13 - Rob K. w/Cheryl Burke

Did I get all of these correctly? I'm not sure.

Obviously there would have to be some partner switching since there are so many duplicate pros, but this would be a fun line-up.

Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music--Mandolin
    History
    Vegetarian Cuisine

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

Wow! that list of runners-up is very uneven. It seems like the contest would be tilted toward Mya and Evan, IMO.

danceteach

danceteach

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

Don't tell Gilles, Mario, or Joey that lol

Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music--Mandolin
    History
    Vegetarian Cuisine

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:17 AM

Don't tell Gilles, Mario, or Joey that lol

Got their numbers? ("Hello, Mario, you'll be fifth.")

Twickenham

Twickenham

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

While an all-star season of 2nd place finishers sounds good in theory, any scenario that includes Rob Kardashian gets a NO from me.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

Yes twickenham, Rob Kardashian ass shouldn't be considered an all-star. He wasn't that great of a dancer nor was he entertaining. Also they better not even consider Bristol or Kate Gosselin's asses either.

OHNicki

OHNicki

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

I'd love to see John O'Hurley come back, I would like to see how a season one contestant would compare to the later season dancers. All stars would be an interesting season - none of that initial learning curve, the celebs would be expected to be good from week 1.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

I'd love to see John O'Hurley come back, I would like to see how a season one contestant would compare to the later season dancers. All stars would be an interesting season - none of that initial learning curve, the celebs would be expected to be good from week 1.

Personally, i'd hate to see John O' Hurley come back. After that temper tantrum he pulled after he lost, and demanded that stupid dance off, i've lost all respect for the guy. He needed to just suck it up and realize Kelly had the improvement arc on her side and a better freestyle.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:42 PM

I wonder how much previous injuries will influence stars coming back?

Foot & ankle injuries especially can linger the rest of your life. I know Brooke, J.R., Maria Menounos, and Kelly Osbourne had foot or ankle injuries. I'm sure there's a lot of other stars that left with foot issues too. Kelly eventually had surgery. I'd love to see Kelly and Louis together again. I just wonder if her feet could handle another 12 weeks dancing.

Edited by aceplace57, May 1, 2012 @ 11:45 PM.

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

I actually liked Rob Kardashian. At least he had fun and wanted to be there. I like that better than those win at all costs, take this so seriously, this is an art form type celebrity dancers.

ImSoDizzy

ImSoDizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

In this AfterBuzz interview with Donald and Peta the interviewer states that 'All-Stars' can't be previous champions. Donald questions that assumption, but then Peta confirms it.

This was the first I heard of this. Does anyone know if it's true? Seems somewhat self-defeating, if your goal is to produce a popular TV Show, to exclude your (arguably) most popular 'Stars'.

QueenL

QueenL

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:18 PM

In this AfterBuzz interview with Donald and Peta the interviewer states that 'All-Stars' can't be previous champions. Donald questions that assumption, but then Peta confirms it.

This was the first I heard of this. Does anyone know if it's true? Seems somewhat self-defeating, if your goal is to produce a popular TV Show, to exclude your (arguably) most popular 'Stars'.

Yeah, it's incredibly stupid. And eliminates some really good dancers. It's not even a matter of fairness, because you'd think that the fanbases of those who lost would be the most motivated. So there's really no reason not to include them.

My enthusiasm for an all-star season has just plummeted way down.

Anyway, it looks like it may be a go!:

'Dancing With The Stars': Mario Lopez, Mel B. Rumored For 'All-Stars' Season

The "Dancing With the Stars" all-stars season is looking likely, according to TV Guide Magazine.

A new report in TV Guide claims a season of veteran stars is on the horizon, naming Mario Lopez, Gilles Marini, Mel B., Sabrina Bryan and Kyle Massey as likely contestants.

According to the staffer, the casting would exclude mirror ball champions, which may come as a disappointment to Dancing co-host Brooke Burke Charvet, who won Season 7 (2008) and recently told talk show host Rachael Ray that she'd loved to be a part of an All-Star season. "100 percent yes!" said Charvet. "I haven't danced ballroom since I left. And being on the show, it just makes me want to dance again."

This is so stupid. They'd still have a shot!:

"It's better if the winners don't come back," says the insider, "because then, we have a cast of people who have another shot at the title."

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:50 PM

I'm liking the rumored names that I'm hearing so far.

Karina & Mario Lopez
Cheryl & Giles
Lacey & Kyle
Maks & Mel B.
Mark & Sabrina

I would include the following as well:

-Derek & Joanna [Just so that her ass can get eliminated first lol!!!]
-Dmitry & Mya
-Tony & Melissa Rycroft (I can see this happening more than him and Stacey, since she's trying to make a name in Hollywood)
-Louis & Lisa Rinna

-Kym & Joey Fatone
-Anna T. & Jerry Rice/Evan Lysacek
-Chelsie & Roshon/Romeo

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

I may be alone on this, but I really don't like Evan. I was never a fan of his skating. Then, when he tried to say he wasn't a ringer because he only spins one way, I knew I couldn't root for him. He won a gold medal performing choreography for scores, yeah, he was a ringer.

I like the idea of Joanna for Derek because they'd have almost no chance. Ditto for Mark and Sabrina.

My picks out of left field would be Marie Osmond and Ty Murray. Marie was good, but out of her league by the finale. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing her again for 2-3 weeks. Ty was just had such a sweet and earnest personality I'd love to see him again.