Cycle 11 Spoilers Only

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1650 replies to this topic

bowlofrice24

bowlofrice24

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 4:04 PM

The more that I think about it, I could see Annaleigh winning, especially if she continues to improve like she has in the last few photoshoots. You know how much Tyra and co. love a girl that "learns and grows" throughout the competition.

I would love an Analeigh/McKey/Lauren Brie/Marjorie/Samantha F5 (well, take out Samantha and you have a much better F4). But I don't see it happening, and this is the primary reason: they're all white. You can have an all-white F3, but at least one woman of ethnicity has to make it to the F4. I can't see it otherwise.

I would agree with this, but didn't Tyra and Clark say that this cycle is different and unexpected? They got rid of 3 black girls in a row( 2 of them being potential drama magnets) and then cut Clark this week. Maybe a sun-starved final 5 is the curveball?

Caycee

Caycee

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 4:19 PM

Here are two previews for next week (the second shows Sheena's photo and critique).

The judges don't seem to like the photo much. She's not improving a lot, and is kinda meh at panel. I don't think she'll win.

Le Furonda

Le Furonda

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 4:37 PM

Those can be misleading. When the promo of Sam's photoshoot during the Fierce Eyes episode was in a preview, some people speculated she was going to get the first call-out. Little did we know...

Caycee

Caycee

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 4:40 PM

The judges liked her photo. She landed in the B2 because of her runway performance. Her photo wasn't even mentioned, I believe.

synopsis

synopsis

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 4:40 PM

I would absolutely love it if Analeigh won, she certainly has a much better personality than 9/10 of the previous winners and the "she's a star," and "where's the girl we saw in casting?" comments make me think that she could be the girl the Jays are talking about. I just wish AceReject could confirm or deny that Analeigh was in the final runway show before I can believe this spoiler.

Edited by synopsis, Oct 3, 2008 @ 4:41 PM.

Le Furonda

Le Furonda

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 4:45 PM

The judges liked her photo. She landed in the B2 because of her runway performance. Her photo wasn't even mentioned, I believe.

Exactly, don't judge a call-out by the critique.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 6:22 PM

I don't think this cycle is that different and unexpected. Clark's ousting was not that shocking really. If it came down to Joslyn and her, Tyra was keeping Joslyn. Sam is getting a little bit of the bitch edit now and was doing better than Clark overall. Tyra's cut three black girls before in the beginning as well so none of what she's done this cycle is all that surprising. Sheena and Joslyn will get overseas simply because Tyra's pattern has been about having a multicultural mix. Even if neither wins, they are almost guaranteed to go overseas. This is Tyra we're talking about people. Sheena may not win because she seems to be idling right now. I still don't think Sam is winning. If it's between Sam and Analeigh (and we take into consideration the Jays), then Analeigh trumps Sam. No way would the Jays look at Sam at casting and think "model." She's doing well now but she can still mess up (or at least give Tyra an excuse to bounce her).

Edited by milkyaqua, Oct 3, 2008 @ 6:26 PM.

izzie2

izzie2

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 7:08 PM

[s]I'm not sure if any one else noticed, but the pictures from 0:16 - 0:18 are the pictures for that photoshoot I believe (this preview
)Because Sheena's picture is the same from the preview and her critique.
So if you wanna see who did well, you can see it there.
Well, the faces are there; not the whole body shot though.

It seems Marjorie and Joslyn have weaker pictures.
LB's picture seems off too, I just don't wanna believe it. :(
But then, Tyra & Co. might think they're amazing and boot off LB/Analeigh.[/s]

edit. nevermind.
After looking closely, Sheena's picture looks different. Girl must've gave same pose all the time.
But still, Analeigh's picture looks so bitchy and fierce. Love it.

Edited by izzie2, Oct 3, 2008 @ 10:59 PM.

ZiegMan

ZiegMan

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 7:12 PM

Someone on IMDB (yes I know) said that next episode, Elina gets a 2nd "first" call out (because she showed emotion in the photo-challenge which Tyra liked) while the bottom 2 is LB and Joslyn. Joslyn is eliminated because the judges think she's not improving. Again this is from IMDB so don't take it seriously, just posting what I saw.

Edited by ZiegMan, Oct 3, 2008 @ 7:14 PM.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 7:28 PM

Considering that it looks like Tyra gets Elina to breakdown, I wouldn't totally discount it but I wouldn't trust it either. The whole knock against Elina has been her inability to let go.

Huh, Joslyn getting eliminated would surprise me (not because she never should have been cast) especially since Tyra likes her "mixed" finals. But Lauren Brie has been strong. Eh, it's fun to guess since we don't have real spoilerage this cycle, lol.

Edited by milkyaqua, Oct 3, 2008 @ 7:30 PM.

Mamilla

Mamilla

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 7:48 PM

I really wish Tyra would just disregard the whole "race" card, and just choose the best final 6 possible. I don't care whether it's racially mixed or homogenous. The token minority (black, white, asian, whatever...) who's strung along because of their skin colour is hardly a socially positive and progressive message to be sending out. To the viewers who are watching, even they'll recognize that the token girl(s) are being strung along, and shouldn't be there at the expense of someone more deserving.

It just so happens that the best girls left in this cycle all just happen to be white(ish). Objectively speaking; Lauren Brie, Analeigh, Marjorie, Elina, McKey and Samantha have all performed much better than either Joslyn or Sheena. If Tyra had a progressive bone in her body, she'd make this final 6 the "right" final 6. One based on talent, merit and performance. If Tyra has the guts to eliminate Joslyn and Sheena in the next two weeks, I'll have developed a newfound respect for her.

Edited by Mamilla, Oct 3, 2008 @ 7:49 PM.

BlueFlamingo

BlueFlamingo

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 7:54 PM

Because there are no pictures of Lauren Brie and Analeigh abroad, I assume that they are the next two eliminated. I can see Analeigh leaving in 8th place, and Lauren's "resting on pretty" edit culminating in elimination the week after.

My predictions for how the top six eliminations will play out:
6) Elina
5) Marjorie
4) Joslyn/Sheena
3) Sheena/Joslyn

Upthread, someone said that they didn't notice cameras following the girls in the x17 pictures. That leads me to believe that they are all eliminees, and the two women missing, McKey and Samantha, are the finalists.

Babypix

Babypix

Couch Potato

• Interests:Food

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 8:45 PM

"Clark in Interview with Kristen from E!"

The Jays told me that this Cycle's winner is "obvious." So what does Clark say about that? "I have a pretty good idea who it is, but obviously can't say anything about that. I can tell you that the whole thing is a shock. The entire show, from the very first episode probably to the very last, is just not what you expect."

The girl who wins is very obvious to the Jays, but not to the other contestants or the audience. (No duh!!!) Clark and Lauren Brie had been sitting down and evaluating the girls. They said McKey and Elina were the biggest competitions. If Clark said the winner was not obvious, is there a chance McKey and Elina did not win? Then again, Laurn Brie was the one afraid of McKey and Clark called her crazy, so I'm not scratching her out. What do you think?

Edited by Babypix, Oct 3, 2008 @ 9:00 PM.

izzie2

izzie2

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 9:03 PM

Perhaps, again building to the Analeigh win maybe?
The quiet one to just.. suddenly win ?
Her picture seems awesome from the preview.

Marin

Marin

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 9:24 PM

Analeigh's photo from the preview is incredibly pretty but does not seem high on emotion so hopefully she will be safe nonetheless, the girl is just too gorgeous! Could turn me straight :p

sindy

sindy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 9:36 PM

Mr Jay's and Clark's pimping for people to predict the winner is funny. By "shocking" and "obvious" to the Js, anything might happen.
This cycle is been hella crazy and over-the-top. Who knows, they might invite eliminated girls back to compete.

1marc987

1marc987

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 9:39 PM

I really think we should go ahead and rule out Elina as the winner. She hasnt had her makeover kept up in the photos seen of her post show. She gave herself the long dark hair she was wanting, And I'm pretty sure, had she won, Tyra would have made her keep up red hair.

Does anyone remember that video of Sheena singing some Beyonce song on You Tube? She seems to have the same makeover hair there. Does anyone know if that was post-show?

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

That video was very pre-show.

Honestly

Honestly

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 10:09 PM

I'm not sure if any one else noticed, but the pictures from 0:16 - 0:18 are the pictures for that photoshoot I believe (this preview
)Because Sheena's picture is the same from the preview and her critique.
So if you wanna see who did well, you can see it there.
Well, the faces are there; not the whole body shot though.

Sheena's actual picture they chose is not the same from the previews

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 10:14 PM

Considering Clark was less than impressed with any of her competition, I don't take anything she says about the winner with any great weight. Besides, she's just guessing in that statement. She doesn't say she knows (although that could be because of the contract).

Also, if Elina had won I'm pretty sure she'd have to keep that crappy hair initially. Lauren Brie has done well in the show but how did the Jays respond to her at casting?

Tyra is never going to run this show so that the girls who deserve to, continue on and win. Paulina has said that voting at panel is democratic but they're basing their decisions on pics that Tyra has chosen and the "notes" from Mr. Jay that I bet nobody sees but her. She's still manipulating the process.

Edited by milkyaqua, Oct 3, 2008 @ 10:28 PM.

ZiegMan

ZiegMan

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 11:17 PM

Lauren Brie has done well in the show but how did the Jays respond to her at casting?

From what I seen on the episode, we did'nt really see them say anything about her except that Mr. Jay said she's "a beautiful girl".

Judging by what Clark said, if the winner is not obvious, then it could either be Analeigh or Sam. Analeigh because she struggled in the begining and is doing okay now or Sam because she did'nt know much about models but she could become the winner.

I'll stop there because that's more speculating but yeah there ya go. :)

Edited by ZiegMan, Oct 3, 2008 @ 11:17 PM.

Mamilla

Mamilla

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 11:42 PM

Okay, so according to Clark the winner isn't "obvious"? And the Jays knew she would be the winner when they saw her? Hmm...

<Puts on rose-coloured glasses>

Maybe Lauren Brie has a chance? I mean, no one would've predicted that she'd do well at all pre-show. A lot of people wrote her off (mistakingly) as the "too sexy" girl. Sure she's been killing in her photos, but she's flying completely under the radar otherwise. She's had virtually no interview or camera time as of yet. Whenever a girl has been designated as the "rest on pretty" girl, she usually never wins. Maybe it's different this time. Who knows?

When I first saw Lauren Brie, I automatically saw a poor man's, Tanya Dziahileva. To the casual observer, Tanya D. may look somewhat unsual (very blonde and pale, with slightly off-putting features in person), but an expert would notice right away that there was something "special" to her. Lauren Brie's no Tanya D., but she's got similar qualities to her. I'm probably giving too much credit to the Jays, but maybe they sensed something special in the Cheese early on. Especially once she stepped in front of the camera for the first time.

And I'm still holding out hope she makes it much farther. Just because we haven't seen her in the spoiler photos, doesn't mean she didn't make it overseas. Or even in the final three.

<Takes off rose-coloured glasses>

Edited by Mamilla, Oct 3, 2008 @ 11:42 PM.

upthepups

upthepups

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 12:55 AM

From the honestly ANTM youtube clip, from overseas (the last one titled "McKey outside a go-see footage")I swear that is Analeigh coming out of the building 3:36 into it. They only show her for about a second.

Mamilla

Mamilla

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 1:14 AM

Good eye, upthepups! I just watched the clip as well. That definitely looked ALOT like Analeigh. And if you look closely, the ANTM camera was pointed right at her as she walked out. Well, well, well, that certainly casts everything in a different light now.

Maybe Lauren Brie was inside the building also...

Edited by Mamilla, Oct 4, 2008 @ 1:16 AM.

1marc987

1marc987

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 1:33 AM

I dont think that was Analeigh. She had a backpack and was with some guy. She looked like a tourist to me.

nethermuffin

nethermuffin

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 10:47 AM

Well it did seem like that guard lady [lol] was trying to specifically block what might be Analeigh from the cameras.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

• Interests:Chicken wings, igloo building, loganberry, etc. (you know, Buffalo stuff)

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 11:48 AM

It's not Analeigh. You can see her very clearly at 3:23 on the left.

It makes me sad, because I love her, but she is totally out next.

Edited by evilandproud, Oct 4, 2008 @ 11:52 AM.

Le Furonda

Le Furonda

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 11:56 AM

It's probably not. She's too short and had a backpack and was wearing a velour sweatsuit. Either a handler or a tourist. At 3:23, the guard lady was trying to block McKey, not Analeigh. Analeigh was practically ignored by the guard.

strawberryblond

strawberryblond

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 2:50 PM

McKey definitely had a backpack too in that clip, for what it's worth. I still don't really think that was Analeigh, but I don't completely rule it out.

I think the theory that the girls seen in the Amsterdam group photo (Sheena, Elina, Joslyn, Clark, Marjorie) are the girls who were already eliminated, leaving Samantha, McKey, Analeigh, and Lauren Brie as the top 4. I also think there's a possibility one of those four could be the next eliminated and not go to Amsterdam (just because Clark is there as a decoy, does that mean the next eliminated girl would have to be too?).

As for combing Clark's statement about the winner being surprising and the Jays' statement about the winner being someone who stood out from the start, I really am leaning more towards the possibility of Analeigh winning. I didn't think it was remotely possible when I first read the spoiler, but the other spoilers do sort of support it (or don't rule it out).

Ella Ollivander

Ella Ollivander

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 4, 2008 @ 3:31 PM

There was a lot of fuss at the very beginning about Analeigh's skating background, as though that should make her better at modeling. Anyone remember if that was mostly Tyra, or were the J's making those comments, too? That sort of suggests that they expected great things from her.