Cycle 11 Spoilers Only

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1650 replies to this topic

IntheMortuary

IntheMortuary

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:26 PM

Cycle 11 hasn't started filming yet; how do you have spoilers about it? Have they even chosen the girls yet?

My close friend was recently on a flight, and he sat next to a woman who claimed to be on the next season of ANTM.
Various things about this woman:
  • (First off, my friend didn't get her name, which is really too bad)
  • She was a very beautiful, African-looking woman 5'11 or so
  • She was from Seattle, (but no accent).
  • They had (supposedly) filmed the show in LA.
  • Bitter, claimed to have "made it to the house" but probably didn't make it too far.
  • She had a rather expensive Louis Vuitton bag.
  • She said that they were trying to portray her as the "black bitch", and that she didn't want that role.
  • She said that everyone had "roles" that they ended up portraying, and that the show was really fake.
  • She said that Tyra was nice, but never really around
  • The judging session were really staged, and she really liked Ms. Jay
  • ETA: She has met Janice outside of ANTM, and thinks that she is much "realer"
  • She said that the catfights were really "staged"
  • My friend said that she actually was a bit standoffish
  • She said that she was going to go audition for the Janice Dickinson modeling Agency because ANTM was too fake, and Jandick was a much realer show, that she would prefer
She claimed that they were filming the next season which "airs in September". This is really weird that they aren't filming yet, because this woman definitely claimed all these things to my friend....
How odd!

Edited by IntheMortuary, Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:41 PM.

Nocturne

Nocturne

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:32 PM

The judging session were really staged, and she really liked Ms.Jay and Janice

Janice? I already call bullshit on this supposed spoiler. Unless this person has no real clue about the show in general.

Edited by Nocturne, Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:33 PM.

lsk

lsk

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:34 PM

The judging session were really staged, and she really liked Ms.Jay and Janice

... Janice? At judging? Does that mean she's back on the panel?!!

ETA: Ah, bullshit! That's definitely a more plausible explanation Nocturne. Thanks for bringing me back to Earth. I let my imagination run away with me for a second there.

Edited by lsk, Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:37 PM.

daggertrepe

daggertrepe

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:37 PM

Maybe Tyra dropped out of the show and Janice took over.

That would be the best thing to ever happen to the show for two reasons; one, Janice would pick real models, two, Janice would provide comedy relief for the show. :p

But alas, that would never happen. Just my imagination running off with me.

Edited by daggertrepe, Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:38 PM.

IntheMortuary

IntheMortuary

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 3:40 PM

ACH I apologize, I made a huge mistake in my post. This girl has met with Jandick because she is trying to become part of that show/agency, as Janice is realer. She (probably, I'm not sure) met Janice OUTSIDE of ANTM.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 4:16 PM

InTheMortuary, you should probably post spoilers for Cycle 11 under "General Gabbery". I don't think TPTB like the mixing of a current cycle with an upcoming one.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 5:12 PM

TWoP Pembleton, may we have the Cycle 11 spoilers posted by IntheMortuary moved to a thread for Cycle 11 spoilers? I want to discuss the post by IntheMortuary, but it's confusing to do so here.

InTheMortuary, you should probably post spoilers for Cycle 11 under "General Gabbery". I don't think TPTB like the mixing of a current cycle with an upcoming one.

Can new members create new threads?

Lucy4588

Lucy4588

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 8:06 PM

My close friend was recently on a flight, and he sat next to a woman who claimed to be on the next season of ANTM.
Various things about this woman:
(First off, my friend didn't get her name, which is really too bad)
She was a very beautiful, African-looking woman 5'11 or so
She was from Seattle, (but no accent).
They had (supposedly) filmed the show in LA.
Bitter, claimed to have "made it to the house" but probably didn't make it too far.
She had a rather expensive Louis Vuitton bag.
She said that they were trying to portray her as the "black bitch", and that she didn't want that role.
She said that everyone had "roles" that they ended up portraying, and that the show was really fake.
She said that Tyra was nice, but never really around
The judging session were really staged, and she really liked Ms. Jay
ETA: She has met Janice outside of ANTM, and thinks that she is much "realer"
She said that the catfights were really "staged"
My friend said that she actually was a bit standoffish
She said that she was going to go audition for the Janice Dickinson modeling Agency because ANTM was too fake, and Jandick was a much realer show, that she would prefer
She claimed that they were filming the next season which "airs in September". This is really weird that they aren't filming yet, because this woman definitely claimed all these things to my friend....
How odd!

It says on the list of the Cycle 11 eligibility requirements on the CW website (ANTM Cycle 11 Eligibility Requirements) that cycle 11 will film sometime between May and August 2008. It's possible that the girl your friend talked to was talking about the semi finals week, but the eligibility requirements also say that the semi finals week will be sometime around May or June 2008 (see paragraph 2). So it sounds like that girl on the plane might just be full of bullshit lol.

Edited by Lucy4588, Apr 28, 2008 @ 8:09 PM.

IntheMortuary

IntheMortuary

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 28, 2008 @ 10:14 PM

So it sounds like that girl on the plane might just be full of bullshit lol.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that myself. This is just too phony. I'm starting to think maybe she was just some girl from another cycle and my friend messed up or something.

Weeman18

Weeman18

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2008 @ 1:39 PM

Nah, it was probably just some chick who was bored on a plane, and decided to mess with the guy she was sitting next to. It's easy to throw out "Yeah... I was on America's Next Top Model, but I didn't win... Too fake for me..."

However, I will laugh if there's a really pretty, bitchy, black girl from Seattle on next cycle.

ETA: I just checked, and only two girls from Seattle have ever made it into the house, cycle 2's Sara, and cycle 3's Cassandra. So, I'm pretty sure this girl wasn't from an older cycle, because I highly doubt Cassandra, being the total sweetheart she seems to be, would ever come off as standoffish or bitter about sent home. Also, interesting off topic tidbit, more than half of cycle 7's hamsters came from California.

Edited by Weeman18, Apr 29, 2008 @ 1:48 PM.

ggg96

ggg96

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2008 @ 4:32 PM

I heard they are going to La on the odd cycles, and NYC on the even cycles. By the way, when will cycle 11 air?

Haute

Haute

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2008 @ 2:44 AM

I heard they are going to La on the odd cycles, and NYC on the even cycles.

I know a few people have posted that, but I have a hard time believing that will actually happen. For one, what would be the point of going back to Los Angeles? I think it would be such a hassel to be constantly moving from NY to LA. And I would also assume Tyra would have to keep moving her talk show as well.

And two, I read that Paulina already signed on for cycle 11, and I thought she originally didn't want to do the show because it was in LA and she wanted to stay in NY so she could be with her family or something like that.

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted May 6, 2008 @ 2:16 PM

I just checked, and only two girls from Seattle have ever made it into the house, cycle 2's Sara, and cycle 3's Cassandra.

Wasn't Cassie from Oklahoma?

Gielos

Gielos

Couch Potato

• Interests:Dancing, Drugs and Diet Pills.

Posted May 6, 2008 @ 2:42 PM

....I'm seriously wondering who Cycle 3's 'Cassandra' is...

Gregorio

Gregorio

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2008 @ 3:04 PM

I think Weeman18 means Cycle 8's Cassandra.

Edited WAAAY in retrospect. Not that it really matters.

Edited by Gregorio, May 9, 2008 @ 7:03 PM.

tennis1125

tennis1125

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2008 @ 4:20 PM

Weren't Jenascia (C2) and Julie (C3) also from Seattle?

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted May 6, 2008 @ 10:15 PM

These aren't really spoilers or discussion of spoilers. Topic, please.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted May 7, 2008 @ 12:11 AM

Pugpix posted in the Cycle 9 spoiler thread that Tyra was going back and forth between New York and LA.

23 Skiddoo

23 Skiddoo

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2008 @ 9:00 AM

Never mind. I have nothing even vaguely spoilerish to say except that I'm sure next season's MLAACG spots are going to be a real hoot.

Edited by 23 Skiddoo, May 7, 2008 @ 9:01 AM.

baronne

baronne

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2008 @ 6:44 PM

I love it - a spoiler thread about C11! Does anyone have any idea when C11 will be aired?

Lucy4588

Lucy4588

Channel Surfer

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 3:08 PM

I love it - a spoiler thread about C11! Does anyone have any idea when C11 will be aired?

Cycle 11 airs next fall. It hasn't started filming yet, but they should be making the final decisions about which girls make it to the house soon.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 8:15 PM

Cycle 11 airs next fall. It hasn't started filming yet, but they should be making the final decisions about which girls make it to the house soon.

I snagged this from the CW Lounge. link

Tina Nguyen, of San Jose, won the Bay Area Top Model Search. In addition to her prizes, she gets to meet with the casting team for Cycle 11 of ANTM. Of course, this could mean nothing; she may not have necessarily even made the Top 20. However, it is high time for a winner:
  • of Asian (or Native American, etc) descent.
  • who is a mother.
  • with red hair.
Tina certainly fulfills the first.

JAZ853

JAZ853

Fanatic

• Interests:http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 8:20 PM

At first I thought she'd be all three and I was like, "If she's an Asian mother with naturally red hair just give her the prize on day one, wow."

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 8:23 PM

The winner from our region is a total bitch. She's a shoe-in. I wonder if that's how they'll do the casting...

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2008 @ 9:06 PM

I think there's a cycle 2 winner from the Bay Area as well and she might be a redhead.

Haute

Haute

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2008 @ 5:24 PM

Something I find interesting, usually during times like pre-production or whatever you want to call it, we read about these girls who win model searches in their cities to meet the casting directors, or someone posts a link to a newspaper in ohio about a girl who was selected to be in the top 36. Yet, that's the last we see from those girls.

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 7:49 AM

Yet, that's the last we see from those girls.

What do you think happened to them? Do you think that's where all of Tyra's BBQ ribs come from?

blobbygirl

blobbygirl

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 3:25 PM

Yet, that's the last we see from those girls.

What do you think happened to them? Do you think that's where all of Tyra's BBQ ribs come from?

Heh..I would totally watch it if that was the plot of a horror movie.

boniface3535

boniface3535

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2008 @ 11:34 PM

Moved

Edited by boniface3535, May 16, 2008 @ 4:59 AM.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted May 16, 2008 @ 3:18 AM

You know what would be awesome? If there were some actual spoilers for Cycle 11 in the Cycle 11 Spoilers thread. If you want to chitchat, use the Meet Market thread. If you want to get creative, start a thread in Runway Funway.

But please don't post here unless you have a spoiler to post or a spoiler to discuss.