3-16: "Sandcastles in the Sand" 2008.04.21 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

256 replies to this topic

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 12:24 PM

(TiVo says:) Barney, in his own inimitable style, picks up the pieces when Robin picks up where she left off with an old flame, only to have him break her heart again.

Cast: Josh Radnor (Actor), Jason Segel (Actor), Alyson Hannigan (Actor), Neil Patrick Harris (Actor), Cobie Smulders (Actor), Michael Kagan (Guest Star), James Van Der Beek (Guest Star), Ryan Michelle Bathe (Guest Star), Chris Romano (Guest Star)
Crew: Carter Bays (Executive Producer), Craig Thomas (Executive Producer), Kourtney King (Writer), Pamela Fryman (Director), Bob Saget (narrator)

Also? Squee.

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Apr 22, 2008 @ 9:47 PM.

clairesebastian

clairesebastian

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:00 PM

I TOTALLY called Barney & Robin back during their "wingman" night of Season 1 (since we knew she wasn't the Mother). This was a great way to get there!

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

• Interests:T.V., Movies, Books, Gaming, and animals.

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:01 PM

Squee!! Oh my! I thought they were just going to tease us with that in the bar, but they so went there!

I absolutely loved it! And how great was the Beek? What a great episode!

divinemadness

divinemadness

Video Archivist

• Interests:30 Rock, The Office, Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Big Love, Flight of the Conchords, Saturday Night Live, The Big Bang Theory, Chuck.<br /><br />Late night: Daily Show, Letterman and Conan.<br /><br />non-tv related interests: art history, travel, scrapbooking, painting, my 2 year old papillion Bailey, graphic design and photography.

The video was a bit of a disappointment but the ending was not! and I've never even been a shipper, but it made me happy!

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Okay, I know on some level I should be offended by the cheezy Canadian accents, but I was just laughing too hard to be.

Oh, and I'm not normally much of a 'shipper, but that last minute? I jumped up and cheered. :)

insanityjones

insanityjones

Stalker

Holy Crap! It really happened. And it was as awesome as I have always hoped it would be.

Barney/Robin FTW.

The Beek was really bad.

jeskuh

jeskuh

Channel Surfer

So many squees, so little time.

Also, I didn't watch the Sandcastles in the Sand on the internet before tonight, which is really rare for me. I'm the Spoiler Queen. Either way, I'm so proud of me, because I finally didn't ruin something for myself. How awesome was that??? I love Mondays.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Awesome. My favorite part had to be Tiffany on the video. The ultimate mall girl. I like the idea of a Robin/Barney hookup.

Suiter

Suiter

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:02 PM

Yay!!! Robin and Barney. So obvious but perfect!

alexmarsz

alexmarsz

Fanatic

Wow, this episode had everything! Did they take everything that was supposed to happen during the strike and fit it in one episode?

Gotta go watch the video a hundred times, be back.

agon666

agon666

Just Tuned In

I didn't see it coming until Ted started doing the VO (they watched it again... and again... and again...).

But still. HOTT.

This is going to be a great storyline, regardless.

Artlawprod

Artlawprod

Couch Potato

First 10 minutes of the episode -- Awesome!
Second 10 minutes of the episode -- Okay...
Last 10 minutes of the episode -- OMG!!!!

I mean I always figured Barney & Robin would hook up at some point and how wonderful was James Van Der Beek. At first the Canadian accent sounded Irish, but he eventually got the Canadian down.

And Tiffany and Alan Thicke were comedy gold.

Drujay

Drujay

Just Tuned In

I laughed at the terrible Canadians. I cried at the almost-fake out. I dropped my jaw at the kissing.

That...that happened, huh?

cacophony

cacophony

Fanatic

That? Was outstanding. Sandcastles in the Sand was hilarious and also Robin and Barney? Love it!

RandomWatcher

RandomWatcher

Fanatic

Robin's video needed more Canadians.

AngleMan

AngleMan

Couch Potato

Well I'm glad all the they were secretly doing it all this time theory was wrong. This makes much more sense.

clairesebastian

clairesebastian

Channel Surfer

I like the idea of a Robin/Barney hookup.

I don't think it's just a "hookup."

Edited by clairesebastian, Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:05 PM.

CarpalFunnel

CarpalFunnel

Loyal Viewer

I jumped up and cheered. :)

Me too! Straight up bolted out of my chair.

Zif

Zif

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:04 PM

The real fancandy for me was all the gratuitous Canadian references. (The Beek's Canadian accent almost killed me, as I wasn't expecting it. HA!) Also, this is the first and probably last time I'll get a fictional American TV shoutout to my hometown (Ottawa).

Barney/Robin was awesome, though I saw it coming a mile away.

I loved the video. The song sounded a bit like Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now." "You're a fool!"/"Shut up!" made me laugh really, really hard.

Edited by Zif, Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:06 PM.

skeezix

skeezix

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:04 PM

Holy shit! That was AWESOME!

Ok, Robin and Barney making out was the best. Hot!

But it was full of classic HIMYM moments. Like Barney saying there was a tampon commercial if you re-edited Robin's video.

Also the round table of jokes about Robin's Canadian-ness at the start.

divinemadness

divinemadness

Video Archivist

• Interests:30 Rock, The Office, Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Big Love, Flight of the Conchords, Saturday Night Live, The Big Bang Theory, Chuck.<br /><br />Late night: Daily Show, Letterman and Conan.<br /><br />non-tv related interests: art history, travel, scrapbooking, painting, my 2 year old papillion Bailey, graphic design and photography.

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:05 PM

At first the Canadian accent sounded Irish, but he eventually got the Canadian down.

Yeah, I thought so too.

I love this show for phrases like "revertigo" and it's so true.

I also loved Barney at the bar, he was so sweet. Even if he did throw a few things in there, how he looked at her...wow. that was good!

SwtSassyMolassy

SwtSassyMolassy

Couch Potato

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Love Robin & Barney!!!

And, OMFG, do I really sound like that? I'm Canadian and I didn't realize I sounded Irish...

I loved that my hometown Ottawa was mentioned too... yay! And Alan Thicke being in the video almost made me pee my pants... too funny. They needed more gratuitous Canadians for sure.

Edited by SwtSassyMolassy, Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:06 PM.

violet4120

violet4120

Fanatic

YES! Oh Canada, that was amazing.

ostentatious

ostentatious

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:06 PM

This is the approximate level of win it takes for me to de-lurk. And they almost had me faked out for a moment, there, but when Robin cut her eyes over at him...yep.

RandomWatcher

RandomWatcher

Fanatic

Which was more unexpected: Barney and Robin or Gil and Sarah (CSI)?

CookieChica

CookieChica

Fanatic

As much as I hate the Beek and thought he was terrible tonight, I have to give him props for allowing such attention to be drawn to his receding hairline and the amazing fivehead.

And, OMFG, do I really sound like that? I'm Canadian and I didn't realize I sounded Irish...

I was also curious as to why he was used Colin Farrell as a dialect coach.

Edited by CookieChica, Apr 21, 2008 @ 8:07 PM.

ScarlettLynn

ScarlettLynn

Fanatic

• Interests:I'm here because I'm completely addicted to television.

That made me so happy. They've seemed perfect for each other since season one and I'm so glad they finally got together. Yay!

Giggitty

Giggitty

Loyal Viewer

As a Robin/Barney shipper, the ending was everything I've hoped for since the first season. I hope they can build some kind of relationship and not have it as a random hookup.

Sandcastles in the Sand video was okay, not as funny as Lets go to the Mall, but it still had it's moments (I'm on the pill now).

And, I loved the bar scene where Lily and Marshall were pretending to be Robin's parents. NOT NOW TED!

Artlawprod

Artlawprod

Couch Potato

I don't think it's just a "hookup."

I don't know if Barney will know what to do with her though. I mean he has female friends and then he has women he sleeps with. How is he going to deal with a Girl who likes playing laser tag, smoking cigars, drinking scotch and shooting guns.

And Robin isn't exactly looking for a Barney type guy either.

It could get very interesting.

FeatherPen

FeatherPen

Channel Surfer

Well, who didn't see that coming? The Barney/Robin hook-up was an inevitability since "Zip, Zip, Zip".

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Apr 21, 2008 @ 10:13 PM.
board on board discussion