The Real Housewives of New Jersey

• Please log in to reply

48924 replies to this topic

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:59 AM

I'll cute Albie some slack in having his friend go on lots of trips with him. My best friend and I are like that, and we're both in our late 20s (altho we're girls...does that make it different?) We're also both single, obviously. If either of us had a significant other, it would be different. Bravo also seems fond of inserting "pocket gays" into these shows in whichever way they can.

I have just always assumed that Albie is a closeted gay. I mean, look how angry he got over his sister dating his roommate/friend Vito. I mean, would most guys get that upset over something like that?

In this season's talking head interviews, he looks particularly fruity.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:56 AM

I thought Albie was starting to look more like Chris and not in a good way. Albie isn't as cute this season and is getting moonfaced like his sibs.

ShuranoHana

ShuranoHana

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this but I can't imagine any straight, young man willingly hanging out with a gay,young man. I know we have come a long way in mainstream acceptance of homosexuals, but I just can't see Albie and Greg being platonic friends. With that being said, if they are romantically involved, what the hell does Greg see in Albie? He just comes off so dull that I doubt any gender would be interested him.

Edited by ShuranoHana, May 4, 2012 @ 10:45 AM.

inatizzy

inatizzy

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

I think Joe Gorga is the one who can make the most difference. The Marco sisters will still be sniping no matter what Teresa does. Gorga is the one they are all fighting/fawning over. He puts his foot down and stops engaging in the gossip, it stops. But he enjoys being the object of desire/center of attention so he won't.

I think Joe Gorga would do that if Teresa would stop making terrible comments about his wife. As long as Teresa is saying things to him like 'Melissa will leave you for another man with more money', Joe Gorga is going to keep up his hostility towards her and venting (and indulging any hostility and venting from others) to anyone who will listen. I think Joe Gorga comes from a place of hurt about the way Teresa treats his wife (and maybe about the way her husband treats him) and if Teresa would actually try to eliminate the hurtful behavior, Joe Gorga's attitude and actions would take a 180. YMMV of course.

Edited by inatizzy, May 4, 2012 @ 9:16 AM.

rml24601

rml24601

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:26 AM

I have just always assumed that Albie is a closeted gay. I mean, look how angry he got over his sister dating his roommate/friend Vito. I mean, would most guys get that upset over something like that?

Now that you've said it, Albie does ping my gaydar a bit- I know some friends of mine would be *very* happy if Albie came out.

Then again, I see the Gay in HW-kids all the time (see: Brianna, Vicki's spawn on OC).

RennieGirl

RennieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:48 AM

I strongly agree that Albie seems to be a closeted gay ... but not based on his reaction to Vito.

Lots of straight guys don't want thier friends dating thier sisters. In fact, I don't think that straight or gay makes a diff here ... it just has to do with guys knowing how other guys think about sex imo.

Edited by RennieGirl, May 4, 2012 @ 9:49 AM.

revots33

revots33

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this but I can't imagine and straight young man willingly hanging out with a gay,young man.

LOL, seriously? Why the hell not?

At any rate Albie really seems straight to me, not that it matters. But then again... he does have a GAY FRIEND!! *eyeroll*

Rina99

Rina99

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this but I can't imagine and straight young man willingly hanging out with a gay,young man.

LOL, seriously? Why the hell not?

At any rate Albie really seems straight to me, not that it matters. But then again... he does have a GAY FRIEND!! *eyeroll*

Thank you. The last page and a half have been very...wow.

quita

quita

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

I think it's pretty obvious Andy Cohen is not a Teresa fan. Wonder why he would keep her around if she was both not interesting on the show, and someone he disliked.

I agree that it seems Andy is not a Teresa fan. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that her husband uses gay slurs, although he shouldn't take that out on Teresa. She's not the one making the comments. I would love to see Andy have Teresa and Juicy Joe on WWHL and grill him about using the slurs. I would definitely watch that!

If you ask me, Teresa is the big draw on this show, like it or not. She brings the crazy and the drama and don't even get me started on her girls! If the show were just Melissa, Jacqueline and Caroline, I wouldn't watch because it would be so boring. Notice I don't count Kathy - she brings nothing to this show.

Andy should be kissing Teresa's ass.

Susie Sunshine

Susie Sunshine

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

When did Cowaline's kids became front and center on the show? They're so annoying, especially that Albie, who acts all smart-alecky. Teresa was telling the truth, when she slammed Cowaline's "kids" in her cookbook. Why was it a dig to mention the stripper thing? Did she lie? No. Does Cowaline need to stop coddling her kids and acting as if they were toddlers? Absolutely yes.

Once again, the bullying mentality returns and Teresa is the target now. I'm not saying she's perfect, but Teresa's like a child: she has a good heart, but she doesn't know how to behave. Obviously, she's unhappy. With that gorilla of a husband, and trying to mantain her home life sane, Teresa doesn't need to put up with the mob group.

I have no sympathy for Jacqueline. Once again, she proves that she'll do what Caroline wants. She was open to making amends with Tree, until the great Caroline said she didn't buy Tree's apology.

Kathy's like the Alex McCord of New Jersey. She'll get mad if Joe jokes about her looks, but if Richie does the same to Tree, Tree's overreacting.

And I'm sorry, but I do believe Tree has a point about Melissa. If Joey was so sure about his marriage with Melissa, why would he have doubts? And Melissa seems awfully transparent about wanting to be a pop star who can't sing. Remember Kim Zolciak?

deadpill

deadpill

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

Yeah both Teresa and Danielle are pretty damn special. Absolutely designed, made, and born to do reality television. And if Milania continues the glorious path she's headed, she will be the queen of reality tv. I want to see Milania in a Flavor of Love type of show when she hits 18.

Caroline is too to an extent, but she isn't entertaining on her own. She needs a good foil to get her monstrosity out there. Kim G. is another golden gem.

Jacqueline, Melissa, Kathy? Blaaaah. So fucking boring. I don't care how likable you are in this sort of arena. If you're not entertaining the shit out of me or making me hate you, you've failed to be a reality star.

NoWhammies

NoWhammies

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 11:42 AM

I just realized - that's what is lacking this season. Kim G and her shit stirring!

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

I just realized - that's what is lacking this season. Kim G and her shit stirring!

... and her tantrums... and her cheerful greetings... and her Bentley with interesting drivers. If it was ever announced that Kim G. is joining the cast, I would be doing the happy dance for a good ten minutes.

And I'm sorry, but I do believe Tree has a point about Melissa. If Joey was so sure about his marriage with Melissa, why would he have doubts?

Even if it is true, and I don't necessarily think it is, I don't think that Teresa is coming from a good place sharing that with her brother. It is not hard to figure out someone's insecurity and then plant seeds of doubt in their head in the name of truth, it just seemed like Teresa was being mean-spirited and screwing with her brother's head, and I would not be surprised if things like this have been going on for years.

Edited by Tafatia, May 4, 2012 @ 12:24 PM.

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

Once again, the bullying mentality returns and Teresa is the target now.

I can't recall a scene where Teresa was - IMO - genuinely being bullied by these heffas. They're pissy because she took digs at them in her book and in the media, but Teresa doesn't seem to put out about it. Big whoop.

I'm not saying she's perfect, but Teresa's like a child: she has a good heart, but she doesn't know how to behave.

I'll agree that Teresa is childlike in the sense that her intellect and behavior could be on par with some children. But, she's a grown ass woman who is responsible for the consequences of her stupidity and actions. She's getting paid to be the buffoon that she is.

If Joey was so sure about his marriage with Melissa, why would he have doubts?

When has he expressed doubts about his marriage?

Yeah both Teresa and Danielle are pretty damn special. Absolutely designed, made, and born to do reality television. And if Milania continues the glorious path she's headed, she will be the queen of reality tv. I want to see Milania in a Flavor of Love type of show when she hits 18.

Yep, and yes to Kim G.!

LillyCL

LillyCL

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:10 PM

'Real Housewives New Jersey': Will Teresa Giudice and Melissa Gorga duke it out? (video)

ShuranoHana

ShuranoHana

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 1:31 PM

I can see Milania on Bad Girls Club.....or an episode of Snapped!

charmed1

charmed1

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

I can see Milania on Bad Girls Club.....or an episode of Snapped!

Oh I can see Milania on the BGC right now at four years old. Partying, drinking, throwing all the bad girls around by their hair. I can see her getting tossed out of the club in her bikini after getting in a fight with some 19 year old who
looked at her the wrong way. Then going back to the house
to call Joe Gui and tell him how all these girls in L.A. are all old troll hookers who won't give her pizza.

Badbolocolo

Badbolocolo

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

Count me in as someone else who can't understand the speculation that Albie is gay, based on what we've seen. I thought Greg was a longtime family friend? Why wouldn't Albie Jr. want him around? Ablie and Vito were together all the time, too, until Vito started dating Lauren. Only Greg's presence seems to have created some doubt about Albie's sexuality. I don't like the Manzos, never have, but seeing that they are open minded and that Greg's sexuality is not an issue for them ALMOST makes me want to like them.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

The speculation about Albie has been around for years, pre-Greg. I never really thought much about it, but I remember on the show, the radio question about a son outing himself to his mom was deemed (by some viewers) very close to home for Caroline.

Albie has a GF but she's not on the show, fair enough. I just find it strange there's the hanger-on, Greg, all.the.time. Maybe I just don't know that many people with such close friendships (male/female, male/male, female/female, whatever) over a certain age, where they're always there. Greg annoys more more for that than anything else. To me he's like the neighbor who keeps popping over the fence or the idiot at a party who think he's so funny. hate Greg.

TuneOut

TuneOut

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

When Caro was on WWHL a few days ago, she said both her sons were single now.

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

The speculation about Albie has been around for years, pre-Greg. I never really thought much about it, but I remember on the show, the radio question about a son outing himself to his mom was deemed (by some viewers) very close to home for Caroline.

I don't think Albie (or Chris) is gay. I do think the Golden Child has extremely high expectations and standards, and is terrified of not bringing home The Perfect Girl.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

Yeah, was it on RHoNJ or 'Boys to Manzos' that Albie judged a girl because she liked ketchup? lol.

misschung

misschung

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

But then again... he does have a GAY FRIEND!! *eyeroll*

That's really not what I meant. I don't think his having a gay friend makes him gay. I suspected he was gay before Greg was even on the show. And for the record, I can't stand Greg, but that's an entirely different matter, lol.

And regarding the Vito thing, I understand that guys dont like their friends dating their siblings -- but something about that whole exchange just seemed deeper than that to me. I could be wrong, tho.

Where are the mods when you need them?

I apologize for offending anyone, but my suspecting that Albie is gay is in no way a judgement on him as a person. I'm just making an observation. And if he is, I feel bad for him, as I can't see the Manzos being particularly accepting of that lifestyle. Remember Juicy Joe making the "f****t" comment about the dancer in Season 1?

EmmeLee

EmmeLee

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 6:57 PM

Yeah, was it on RHoNJ or 'Boys to Manzos' that Albie judged a girl because she liked ketchup? lol.

I remember that; I think it was when he was on a first date with a girl. It reminded me of one of my gay friends who, before he came out of the closet, used to be so critical of the girls he went out with. Anyway, I remember last season there were a few scenes where Albie gave Greg these weird looks and there seemed to be some kind of sexual tension between them. I don't know, maybe it was just editing or I'm just misreading those scenes. But if I had to guess, I would say Albie is gay. If he is, and he chooses to stay closeted, then I don't see what's wrong with that. What irritates me about whatever relationship he has with Greg is that it gives Greg a reason to be included on the show.

Edited by EmmeLee, May 4, 2012 @ 6:58 PM.

ShuranoHana

ShuranoHana

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

I apologize for offending anyone, but my suspecting that Albie is gay is in no way a judgement on him as a person. I'm just making an observation. And if he is, I feel bad for him, as I can't see the Manzos being particularly accepting of that lifestyle. Remember Juicy Joe making the "f****t" comment about the dancer in Season 1?

I think Caroline's love for her sons is so unconditional that one of them being gay wouldn't matter. IIRCC, she has a good relationship with her brother Jaime and we've all seen how she has embraced Greg, but then again, that could be because he goes into overdrive when it comes to kissing her ass!

FashionVictim19

FashionVictim19

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

I think Caroline's love for her sons is so unconditional that one of them being gay wouldn't matter. IIRCC, she has a good relationship with her brother Jaime and we've all seen how she has embraced Greg, but then again, that could be because he goes into overdrive when it comes to kissing her ass!

I can definitely see Caroline, while accepting of the gay community and not insinuating that she's not, having an issue with Albie being gay. He's her golden child, who was meant to be a lawyer, get married and produce Manzo babies. Not saying that life can't happen with a male, but I definitely feel she has a projected life for him and him being gay wouldn't be kosher with her, I've just gotten that vibe.

Rosiemom112629

Rosiemom112629

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

Oh I can see Milania on the BGC right now at four years old. Partying, drinking, throwing all the bad girls around by their hair. I can see her getting tossed out of the club in her bikini after getting in a fight with some 19 year old who
looked at her the wrong way. Then going back to the house
to call Joe Gui and tell him how all these girls in L.A. are all old troll hookers who won't give her pizza.

*gasps* Sweet Spaghetti Monster...laughing too hard...can't breathe...farewell Milania, who makes my own toddler terrorist look like an angel in comparison. *faints*

In all seriousness, I need some more moments of levity in this show to break up the cringe-fest of "Let's all gang up on Teresa!". I would send Andy cookies for the next year if he would sign Kim G up and pay Papa Gorga to talk about how women can't make red sauce if they're riding the cotton pony. Please Bravo, give me back the funny!

Edited by Rosiemom112629, May 6, 2012 @ 10:25 PM.

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

Oh sweet Lord above, please spare us from Albie ever coming out of the closet - if only for the fact that I am sure Caroline would use it as yet another vehicle to make it all about herself, to start that ugly jagged sobbing she does (please refer to Albie flunking out of law school), and to launch into a dramatic monologue: "You are fambily! I don't care if you're straight or gay or whatever, you will always be fambily to me! So, you walk with your head held high! And know your mother loves you..." Puke.

I don't personally see anything romantic or sexual in Albie's relationship with Greg, which, for some reason, that image is particularly gross to me.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2, May 4, 2012 @ 9:47 PM.

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

My guess is Greg is always there when there's a camera around because he's promoting himself for the sassy best friend role. It's probably safe to assume everyone on these shows is motivated by a desire for fame and money.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

I think Joe Gorga would do that if Teresa would stop making terrible comments about his wife.

lol. I'm saying Joe Gorga needs to stop craving the spotlight and being the center of attention between his wife and sister. Teresa isn't going to stop unless Joe Gorga tells her to and shuts it down. He likes both of them fighting over him. I don't think he likes how Teresa is behaving lately or what she's saying but he's getting off on all of the attention. Joe Gorga has stated that it's up to the women in the family to keep the peace. He has zero interest in being a peace maker.