The Real Housewives of New Jersey

• Please log in to reply

48924 replies to this topic

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

Just saw Melissa performing on WWHL and I have to say, she's just as awful now as she was when she first performed on the show. She was so busy trying to dance she couldn't keep up with the voice track and would leave off words. I imagine her mind was too busy 1-2-3-ing with the dancing to concentrate on the singing. lol It's almost like she had never practiced at all before this performance. New concept Melissa...it's called practice. Even seasoned performers have to do it.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 1:17 AM

I saw Melissa too. She has no talent (voice, or personality). The Countess sang after her, and although she has no voice, she has personality. Andy seemed to be enjoying her.

canUCme

canUCme

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

Well as for me, I think Melissa is adorable (ducking here) and give the Countess credit as well.
I can't even speak in front of a crowd!
From the previews it looks like Melissa is holding her ground with Teresa...should be interesting.

David Doorley

David Doorley

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:05 AM

Before the new season starts (and this may have already been discussed here awhile back): Does anyone remember why Jacquline was not at the last NJ HW reunion show? I thought she might have left the series, but in the previews there she is saying everything's fine. Well, it wasn't fine last season, so what's the story?

mckennish

mckennish

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

The way Milania was beating up on that baby should, in my opinion, be reported to Children's Services if just to wake up Teresa and Joe to what is being done to one of their children by the other. They are oblivious and may even find it funny. If Audrianna gets a fractured skull they may not find it so funny.

RennieGirl

RennieGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

ITA that Andy has a dislike for Teresa. I also think he had an immense dislike for Danielle.

I agree with this, but I don't Andy is good at sustaining dislike. He seemed to be really annoyed by Kim/RHOA throughout two different reunions imo, but lookie who has her own show now.

His pets stay pretty consistent, but I think his pawns fluctuate a lot within the moment, or at least, he seems willing to offer opportunities to HWs even when they aren't on his favorites list.

I kind of hope he's put Jacqueline on his shit list for her reunion no show.

Teresa was definitley part of the pile on and ganging up on Danielle during the latter's last season as a HW, that's very true. But I think part of the reason that Teresa seems more pitable as a target of such a group pile on to me is that Teresa is just not a clever person, and has less resources to draw from with which to combat the others. Danielle, while not an intellectual powerhouse by any means, is a very sly person with a strong eye to her own self interest and presentation.

Seeing Danielle being ganged up on imo, felt like watching a cornered cat. Certainly, a situation that I found regrettable, but one where I had confidence in the cat's ability to wield it's own claws without assistance.

Seeing Teresa in a similar situation is more like watching a needy dog getting ganged up on and only being able to bark out trying to figure out what was happening to it.

JMHO.

Edited for "i before e" spelling.

Edited by RennieGirl, Apr 7, 2012 @ 1:57 PM.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

The coming season, S4 was toward the end of filming when the S3 reunion was taped. A huge fight (that is included in the promos for S4) between Teresa, and the rest of the women took place the previous night. A guy that supposedly worked with Melissa in a strip club some years ago challenged her about it, the women considered Teresa (and Bravo- the guy was miked) responsible for the setup, and interestingly Jacqueline became angrier than the rest, and she refused to film the reunion the next day. She claimed she was sick. And I don't think that everything is fine among the women. Jac was on Andy's Cohen live show as a secondary guest some weeks ago, and he seemed to be friendly to her.

Dina had a falling out with Caroline, and she said in interviews that it had nothing to do with Teresa. Teresa mentioned this during the last reunion.

OaklandGirl

OaklandGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

Well as for me, I think Melissa is adorable (ducking here)...

I think she looks amazing for having 3 kids. Her body is toned and looks better than women's without children. I'm not mad at her. She definitely keeps herself up.

canUCme

canUCme

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

ITA...she looks amazing ... she tries hard to maintain.

SugarMagnolia83

SugarMagnolia83

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

Teresa was definitley part of the pile on and ganging up on Danielle during the latter's last season as a HW, that's very true. But I think part of the reason that Teresa seems more pitable as a target of such a group pile on to me is that Teresa is just not a clever person, and has less resources to draw from with which to combat the others. Danielle, while not an intellectual powerhouse by any means, is a very sly person with a strong eye to her own self interest and presentation.

Seeing Danielle being ganged up on imo, felt like watching a cornered cat. Certainly, a situation that I found regrettable, but one where I had confidence in the cat's ability to wield it's own claws without assistance.

Seeing Teresa in a similar situation is more like watching a needy dog getting ganged up on and only being able to bark out trying to figure out what was happening to it.

Yes, yes, yes! Although, I can honestly say I have zero sympathy or warm feelings for Teresa. I think she is a dolt. She's an EXTREMELY ignorant person (along with her husband) and she is well aware of this, but she thinks it makes her cute and endearing (mispronouncing words, making up words, flying off the handle without thinking and then justifying it by saying she was just joking around). Teresa is a classic case of "she can dish it, but she can't take it". She has zero problem flipping tables, calling people "prostitution whore-ah", and randomly confronting people at charity events, yet she is not able to handle being called out on her own bullshit. I take pleasure in watching her squirm when confronted about her and Joe's shady business dealings, Joe's run-ins with the law, and their overall shitty behavior. She has ZERO ability to sit there, swallow her pride, and just own up to her own shortcomings. She is an absolute idiot.

And to be quite honest, I'd much rather be guilty of Danielle's background (stripping, prostitution, drug use) than be known for Teresa and Joe's reputation- scammers, ripping people off, stealing identities, and driving drunk into trees).

swankie

swankie

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:22 PM

Well as for me, I think Melissa is adorable (ducking here)...

I think she looks amazing for having 3 kids. Her body is toned and looks better than women's without children. I'm not mad at her. She definitely keeps herself up.

ITA...she looks amazing ... she tries hard to maintain.

Adorable, toned, amazing looking and maintained doesnít equal talented. She sang that song like a long time smoker and Iíve seen better dancing on Nickelodeon.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

No kidding. She's too old a woman to break into the teeny bopper market that is pop music and she seems ridiculous to me. But I guess if you have the cash and an indulgent husband, you can pursue your "dreams."

Just my need to feel superior that makes me remark that it's an adolescent and silly dream for a mom of three to have.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

Melissa is in great shape, and I don't have a problem with her age, but she still has no talent.

Joe Gorga seems to follow Melissa even at every unimportant event in order to be in front of the cameras, eg. promotions of local stores/clubs, etc. Two seasons were filmed in one year, and another one is going to start filming soon. Joe is a main "character". I wonder what his job is because I cannot imagine he can still have a regular one. Unless his occupation is reality tv star. This proves one more time that the falling out with Teresa had to do mainly with what the younger Gorgas perceived as Teresa not helping them being on the show. I realize they were a lot of other issues between them that seem to be of petty jealously though. I don't think they have any valid reasons to repair their relationship with Teresa because they don't need her anymore....

Edited by NoPityFL, Apr 9, 2012 @ 5:25 PM.

Persnickety13

Persnickety13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

Adorable, toned, amazing looking and maintained doesn’t equal talented. She sang that song like a long time smoker and I’ve seen better dancing on Nickelodeon.

LOL, every time I see her attempting to dance in her flat boots, I always have a giggle.

At least now she has her backup lady dancers wearing flat boots as well so she "blends." As I recall, when she performed at that shithole for Albie and Chris to promote Blackwater, she was wearing those same flatter-than-flat boots whilst the other dancers had on heels, which made her lack of dancing talent really stand out to me.

I think she's beyond adorable...but, yeah, better leave the singing and dancing to those with actual TALENT.

At least "The Countess" appears to be in on the joke and has fun with her songs instead of acting like she's in line to be the next Gaga or Madonna reincarnate.

I can only imagine the joy Andy achieves from having these dancing/singing puppets on strings for his amusement :P

Edited by Persnickety13, Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:46 PM.

EmmeLee

EmmeLee

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

It seems like in every season preview clip that they show each year for RHONJ, Jacqueline is shown looking so exasperated with all the drama as if she's some innocent bystander in all of it.

Melissa is in great shape, and I don't have a problem with her age, but she still has no talent.

I don't know why this actually made me laugh - but it did, and I agree with you. Plus, I can't stand that smug look on her face when she's performing or when she's being photographed. It reminds me of the look J.Lo has on her face when she's "singing".

Edited by EmmeLee, Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:58 PM.

Lola16

Lola16

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

Teresa is a classic case of "she can dish it, but she can't take it".

Who on RHoNJ can take it? Not the Gorgas. Not the Guidices. Not the Manzos.

I hope S4 isn't Teresa vs. everyone else. Wasn't fun when it was Danielle vs. the rest of the cast and this will be worse knowing that there were real relationships at stake.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:50 AM

I agree Melissa is beautiful and has a banging body, but cannot sing. I think she looks ridiculous trying to be Britney Spears. That ship sailed 15 years ago, Melis. I think she could do well with workout DVDs or something diet/fitness related. Who wouldn't want to be in that kind of shape?

itsallgravy

itsallgravy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

I hope S4 isn't Teresa vs. everyone else.

I hope it isn't either but from what I've seen from Caroline, Jacqueline and Melissa in the past it's gonna be. I think these women are jealous of Teresa's success and it's going to come out in some very ugly ways. Hopefully, Cathy is a little more mature and has her shit together to the point where she might not join the pile on. Fingers crossed on that.

Caffeine Free

Caffeine Free

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:00 AM

I think Tre can handle any type of pile on, really. Tre is the only Ho or relative of a Ho that has been in the public eye making bucks in the off season. She seems to be doing fine from what I have seen. The bigger the pile on, the better it is for Tre.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:19 AM

I think Tre can take it, too. But, I hate watching pile ons and constant fighting on these shows. Some snark and drama is good, but when it gets heavy and monotonous (like NYC) it's not fun to watch anymore, IMO. Caroline, for example, reminds me of the sour and sanctimonious people I know and can't stand in real life, so watching her roll her eyes and sneer and jeer turns me off. lol.

sunflowers83823

sunflowers83823

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

Watching S3 marathon today, and I must say that I have missed Caroline. I love that she has no tolerance for other people's b.s. Looking forward to another season of Bat sh*t crazy from the distinguished ladies from New Jersey.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

Caroline loved Teresa when she was tossing tables at Danielle. Teresa was the one who took on Danielle in a battle that had nothing really to do with Teresa. I think she just felt that she was sticking up for her friends ( the Manzos). Caroline made a big deal over her meeting with Danielle to plead for Ashley and came away looking like a wuss. I think it stuck in her craw that Teresa who she considered comic relief was able to get Danielle on the run.

She has an overinflated sense of self importance regarding herself and her family and it irks her to no end that Teresa was been able to parlay this show into a money maker for her family and that the Manzos have gotten nothing except seeing Albert stripped of his plum job with free bennies at the Water Commission and young Albie's law school debacle played out on TV.

Nothing Teresa has done, or Joe for that matter, affects Caroline. Please don't tell me, she is just so concerned over the people who lost money on their real estate scams or failure to pay their debts. The Manzo's hands aren't much cleaner. I see Caroline's flip flop on Teresa as jealousy, compounded with long standing family issues with her sister who apparently refuses to bend to Caroline's edict of my way is the only way.

njcritgirl

njcritgirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

I think Caroline blames Theresa for her sons getting into that fight in the DR. It may have affected albies sheriff's Dept job.

pretyonthesofa

pretyonthesofa

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

I think Caroline blames Theresa for her sons getting into that fight in the DR. It may have affected albies sheriff's Dept job.

Please, that's no one's fault but Albies. No one MADE him fight. Tre has demonstrated she is MORE THAN CAPABLE of taking care of herself when the going gets tough. Albie and Caro an cry me a river.

Edited by pretyonthesofa, Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:30 PM.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

Dear 87 year old Baby Jesus, I beseech thee - pile on Teresa.

EmmeLee

EmmeLee

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:44 AM

it irks her to no end that Teresa was been able to parlay this show into a money maker for her family and that the Manzos have gotten nothing except seeing Albert stripped of his plum job with free bennies at the Water Commission and young Albie's law school debacle played out on TV.

The Manzos have been able to promote their shit on the show too and the Giudices' have had their dirty laundry aired too, so it seems like they've all benefited and experienced some kind of public humiliation from being on TV. I agree with you, though, that Caroline probably resents all the success Teresa has had, especially with her cookbooks. Can't wait til the new season starts.

LabLover27

LabLover27

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:56 AM

Emmelee,

"The Manzos have been able to promote their shit on the show too and the Giudices' have had their dirty laundry aired too, so it seems like they've all benefited and experienced some kind of public humiliation from being on TV. I agree with you, though, that Caroline probably resents all the success Teresa has had, especially with her cookbooks. Can't wait til the new season starts."

You are right on. Didn't the Black Water thing fail? Did the boy's knock off show even air? Lauren had a launch party and that was it. Is Caroline still on the air?

Edited by LabLover27, Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:58 AM.

Ladybugnine

Ladybugnine

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

I agree with this, but I don't Andy is good at sustaining dislike. He seemed to be really annoyed by Kim/RHOA throughout two different reunions imo, but lookie who has her own show now.

His pets stay pretty consistent, but I think his pawns fluctuate a lot within the moment, or at least, he seems willing to offer opportunities to HWs even when they aren't on his favorites list.

I totally agree, RennieGirl, but at the end of the day, Andy Cohen is a TV executive. Yes, the Real Housewives franchise is his baby, he definitely has his favorites (Nene, Bethenny, Vicki, Caroline). At the same time, he has rewarded the likes of Kim with her own show because he knows what a polarizing person she is, and believes she can get ratings (and I can tell he doesn't like her--he threw so much shade at her at the reunion), Doesn't mean he likes her at all. In fact, if you ask me, during the "viewer tweets/question" portion of the Atlanta reunion, the questions that were asked lead me to wonder if they weren't based on his staff's reading various blogs....

Don't tell me you haven't noticed in all of the Atlanta reunions the steady stream of shade Andy throws towards Kim via "viewer text messages" and the like. He kinda threw Teresa under the bus last year.

Doesn't mean he likes all of his Howives. He fired Jill Zarin and Sheree Whitfield even though they were mainstays on their respective shows.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

It is going to be a pile up on Teresa. And I think that the Manzos, and the Lauritas are resentful of Teresa because her side projects are very successful.

njmama

njmama

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

Ugh. Just watching last season's reruns are making me dread seeing the Manzo's. Caroline's smugness and her holier-than-thou, self entitled, bratty 'grown up' spawns. Teresa is still entertaining despite everything going on around her, love her or hate her. The Manzo's developmental projects ( blk water) ultimately didn't do as well as Teresa's. Deal with it haters aka Manzo's. And please spare me the gay bff Greg's little one liners. Andy/Bravo needs to concentrate more on Caroline and her husband and not so much the kids using "Real Housewives" as their launching platform. No one cares!