The Real Housewives of New Jersey

• Please log in to reply

48930 replies to this topic

PhilMarlowe2

PhilMarlowe2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

I believe it was reported that season 4 went into production so quickly to both capitalize on the still-unfolding cast rivalries and also to capitalize on the Guidice's legal problems. IIRC, the decision to go into immediate production occurred after the huge ratings of the Christening blow-up. What I find interesting to consider is that they must have done one of the typical "end of the season" finale parties for Season 3, but clearly scrapped it in favor of using footage from Season 4 to set up where the show is going (i.e. Teresa vs. the rest of the cast). I wonder how that final dinner went.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

Catching a bit of the reunion yesterday and it was just sad. Melissa and Kathy are smart enough to be psyching out the show and to consciously try to shape how they'll appear to the public.

Teresa just can't do the same. She is so dumb, so angry, so certain she's always right and others are always wrong (and not afraid to let you know that) that she can't help herself coming across so badly. She doesn't seem to understand how to make a situation better--from her public image to her family relationships.

And Caroline, though smarter, did no better for herself at the reunion. So angry, self-righteous and hateful. She should know better by now, hide all that intensity and "dial it down" for the camera. She's another one who, in her mind, is "wronged, but never wrong." (Her apology for being mean to K/M was really a dig at Teresa and imo doesn't count).

And her comment that "I'm not going to lie and tell Lauren she's beautiful when I know she's overweight" is still so horrible. Can't your daughter be beautiful AND overweight? If that's hard, is it hard to say, "You're lovely, inside and out." Or...something. Not "I'm so awesome and keeping it so real that I'm going to judge you (harshly) and not lie about what I see: You're a fat pig (with perfect brothers)."

If I were Lauren's mother I wouldn't have a problem telling her, honestly, "You're a beautiful young woman." If it was necessary to add, "If you want to change your weight, that's something else. Is there any way I can help if that's what you want?" Seriously, if my daughter's weight was an issue and I were filthy rich, I'd offer for her to go away to a "fitness camp/fat farm/whatever" for a couple of months. It could make a real difference (a la "The Biggest Loser").

IF that's the big issue that is making Lauren miserable, I don't see why she doesn't do something dramatic about it for a few months. It's not that difficult--especially if you've got the money--and would apparently make a big differentce to her.

concernednana

concernednana

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

If I were Lauren's mother I wouldn't have a problem telling her, honestly, "You're a beautiful young woman

I am with you. Then if Lauren brought up being over weight, I would offer to help her but would tell her the most important part to be beautiful is to be beautiful inside. None of them have that going for them. But I would cook healthier and drink water with her and walk with her. Caroline may be smaller than Lauren, but she still is not thin and will never get rid of her big hips and smashed face. Plus when she was cooking for Thanksgiving (I think) she came to the table unbathed and did not even have her hair combed. Gross!! She is not even clean looking yet is telling lauren how Lauren is not beautiful.

Sadly if Teresa went to jac on her knees and apologized an dwanted to be friends again, Jac could not sy yes until she asked Caroline. Caroline of course would say "no" so the issue would end.

Caroline tells everyone who their friends can be just like she tells her sons who to date and what sexual preference to show. Her claim to fame is she is a controling, prejudiced, cruel woman. She has always had Jac as a folllower and now has Kathy. She likes simple minded people. The main reason she turned on Teresa was because Teresa did not mind her. If she isn't careful, Melissa will overtake her. She is meaner than caroline. Just sneakier.

Bravoheart

Bravoheart

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 6, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

I've never seen any of the other HWs celebrating the Giudice's toubles.

Particularly the troubles of the children. That's why I don't understand the notion that the others would be happy about the Giudice children's woes if Joe goes to jail.

I've never seen any indication from any of the others that they would delight in, for example, Gia's pain or embarrassment. For all their faults, Caroline, Jacq, Melissa, and Cathy would, in my view, be naturally supportive of the Giudice children, in spite of how they feel about the parents.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

Bravo tried to capitalize on the Giudice court drama (there was a July 2010 bankruptcy fraud court date that was postponed), and the hostile relationships of the women by filming S4 when S3 started airing. We noticed immediately that Bravo jumped from showing footage that was really filmed for season 3 in late February/early March of 2010 to footage that obviously belongs to S4 which started filming in May 2010 (outdoor scenes showed early summer foliage, and individuals were wearing warm weather clothing). It is possible that the season finale/season finale dinner took place in the DR, and because of the mayhem in filming/production, and legal problems was eventually scrapped.

Edited by NoPityFL, Jan 6, 2012 @ 10:35 PM.

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 10:43 AM

I think that the season 3 wrap up was going to be the Blk Water launch and that was discussed even before the DR trip and you can see that they were putting a bow on things, Joe Gi nice speech about Melissa, Teresa making up with Kathy, Caroline commenting about her sons being ready for the world and even Jacqueline's pessimistic comments about Ashley.

My thing about Caroline's inability to see or say anything nice about Lauren's physical appearance is that this is the same mother who encouraged her learning disabled son to pursue a career as an attorney and talks both of her sons up as ladies men.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

talks both of her sons up as ladies men.

Well,maybe they are "lady men". Mamma may know best!

concernednana

concernednana

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2012 @ 1:10 PM

Well,maybe they are "lady men". Mamma may know best!

LOL

Momma knows and always has. Al Sr ignores and momma lies and hides. Wow such support!!

Beginning to wonder about JoGo as well. That would explain the love fest with the Manzo boys/men

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

They are airing the extended version of the table flip episode right now. Just a heads up for anyone interested in viewing it again.

SheenieB

SheenieB

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

Just saw this on the news. I don't know how Joe still comes outside after all his shady dealings.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 2:22 AM

Teresa has a food diary for New York magazine's Grub Street. Her third cookbook is coming out soon, and she is promoting her new sparkling wine. Celebrity Apprentice is airing right now.

Audriana is growing, and she is a gorgeous little girl, like Gabriella. Milania is looking cuter.

Lauren Manzo is opening her store soon (I guess with the help of Caroline). Caroline, Chris, Albie, Jackie, etc. promote blk beverages.

Kathy is selling her (bottled) cocktail.

Jac had a fraxel laser treatment (and fillers, and botox it seems to me), and Ashlee's face (who is still in L.A. blogging for Buzznet) is thinner (face lipo, botox?).

Edited by NoPityFL, Mar 3, 2012 @ 5:17 AM.

DebbieM

DebbieM

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 3:44 AM

I don't know if the Radaronline story is true or not, but I do know that there is no power company called "The New Jersey Electric Company" in NJ. I would think that if this story was accurate, they would get the name of the company right. It really wouldn't be hard to get that fact correct even if the story was made up. Very sloppy "reporting", IMO.

Edited by DebbieM, Mar 3, 2012 @ 3:45 AM.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 4:33 AM

I just remembered something. Joe doesn't own the rental apartment building anymore. It was sold last year (Teresa mentioned it in the reunion) to satisfy some of the demands of his creditors. He withdrew his bankruptcy petition last year, and agreed to repay some of his debt. Teresa agreed to repay all of the credit card debt. So, this story cannot be true.

Edited by NoPityFL, Mar 3, 2012 @ 5:24 AM.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

I've had the unfortunate experience of being in VERY CLOSE proximity to the Gudice girls and believe me, they are NOT pretty. They are also badly behaved.

SheenieB

SheenieB

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

The story about Joe being a slumlord aired on ABC last night. The tenants called 7 on your side.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 3:04 PM

Crap, Im sorry I missed it.

SheenieB

SheenieB

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

This is what aired last night

Here's the link Patsy Stoned

Edited by SheenieB, Mar 3, 2012 @ 4:05 PM.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

Thank you, SheenieB. He's just an all around piece of shit, isn't he? I can only hope his ass gets thrown into jail regarding the pending license case.

SheenieB

SheenieB

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Thank you, SheenieB. He's just an all around piece of shit, isn't he? I can only hope his ass gets thrown into jail regarding the pending license case.

No problem, and yes, he is. I haven't been keeping up with Joe's woes as of late, but my ears perked up when I heard his name last night on the news. You'd think since he's facing up to 10 years in the clink, he would be doing whatever he can to clean up his image. First the drivers license, and now this. He's definitely not helping his case. Teresa better watch her words with the whole "I could never see myself living there." If Joe goes to jail, she just might end up in that building.

Edited by SheenieB, Mar 3, 2012 @ 6:04 PM.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

I hold no brief for Teresa, but give her credit: she's become a wage earner in her own right. So she'll probably keep her house.

Auntie Anxiety

Auntie Anxiety

Fanatic

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Nothing would make me happier vis a vis RHoNJ than to see that asshole go to jail and get the crap beaten out of him. You know, he's such a tough guy! I'd pay good money to watch episodes of that.

SpringTulips

SpringTulips

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

I hold no brief for Teresa, but give her credit: she's become a wage earner in her own right. So she'll probably keep her house

I am not so sure about that. Joe seems to have done some egregious stuff..the city officials acknowledge the situation could have been fatal. I am no expert, but I wonder whose house the name is in and if it matters since they are married.

When the mayor and the local news are after you, be very afraid. Digging up that clip of Teresa saying she could never see herself living in the apartment building...BRILLIANT!

Thanks for the link Sheenie B.

Edited by SpringTulips, Mar 4, 2012 @ 12:36 AM.

DebbieM

DebbieM

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 3:49 AM

I've had the unfortunate experience of being in VERY CLOSE proximity to the Gudice girls and believe me, they are NOT pretty. They are also badly behaved.

I can't comment on all the girls because I have only met Gia. And I can tell you that she was very well-behaved, extremely polite, and very sweet. And IMO much prettier than she looks on TV.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

I never actually saw any of the Teresa's girls, only on tv, and recent photos, but there is a general consesus on this forum that the oldest middle girl (Gabriella), and the youngest (Audriana) are beautiful little girls.

KittyMarthaPoo

KittyMarthaPoo

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

I wouldn't doubt this for a minute. Teresa seems like the type of parent who thinks everything their poorly-behaved kids do is cute (like in the grocery store when the one put her butt into one of the frozen food coolers & Teresa seemed totally unfazed & did nothing to stop it).

I was repulsed by that slumlord article & wouldn't doubt that for a minute. Those people have no electricity? Joe would say, "It doesn't matter."

Joe needs to serve jail time.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

Jail time won't help those tenants. The more appropriate remedy would be for their rents to go toward the energy bill.

prostitutewhore

prostitutewhore

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

I never actually saw any of the Teresa's girls, only on tv, and recent photos, but there is a general consesus on this forum that the oldest middle girl (Gabriella), and the youngest (Audriana) are beautiful little girls.

Eh, I beg to differ- Audriana looks like a young Robert DeNiro. She's the ugliest of the lot. Gabriella is cute, I will say that.

NoPityFL

NoPityFL

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 5:42 PM

I was checking all the NJ HW Facebook fan pages (they are public, and one doesn't even have to "like" them to see them). There is a very recent photo of Audriana there who is older now, and very cute. She looks like Gabriella.

Edited by NoPityFL, Mar 4, 2012 @ 6:34 PM.

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

I have seen images of Audrianna where she is the spitting image of Grandpa Gorga, and others where she looks like a baby doll with enormous blue eyes.

Edited by Tafatia, Mar 5, 2012 @ 12:32 PM.

Tafatia

Tafatia

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

Un-freaking-believable!!!

Excerpts from a news story about a building owned by Joe Giudice, it was the one that he gave Teresa a tour of in season two:

Tenants homeless because of reality tv star
Saturday, March 03, 2012

HILLSIDE, NJ (WABC) -- Fire officials say tragedy was narrowly averted for families living in a building owned by the husband of a reality tv star. The building featured in a "Real Houswives of New Jersey" episode was shut down and its tenants locked out of their homes because of unsafe conditions.

"Unsafe for Human Occupancy" signs plaster the door to Sani Ankewe's apartment. In a blink 5 families are homeless.

This is what I came home to, Sani said.

One tenant, M.K. Koumoul, slept with her kids behind the cash register at her hair salon.

"Yes, we slept on the floor," she said.

They were all locked out last Wednesday over fire hazard concerns. Power to their building was cut, stemming from meter tampering and their landlord's unpaid electric bill.

Reality TV fans might know the landlord, Joe Giudice. He and his wife, Teresa Giudice star on the reality TV series, "Real Housewives of New Jersey."

The apartment complex was even featured in an episode of the TV series.

The tenants all pay their electric bill separately, yet got caught in the middle when the power was shut off to the whole building.

According to Hillside's mayor, Joe Menza, even after the unsafe meter tampering problem was fixed, utility company, PSE&G, still wouldn't restore power until the Giudice paid off an outstanding balance of $53,000. The utility said later power was turned off solely due to a safety issue.

The reality hubby denied responsibility for the tenant's troubles. He left us a voice mail message,

"Theres nothing I can do," said Giudice. "I don't own the building okay, I basically manage the building for a company in New York, they technically own the building."

Not true. The owner is listed as 1576 Maple Avenue Associates LLC which is in turn owned by, you guessed, it Guiseppe or Joe Giudice.

Faced with our research Guidice admitted ownership, saying he even tried to help tenants by installing a generator.

But that backfired. Hillside's fire marshall said, that generator filled the apartments up with deadly carbon monoxide .

Video - http://abclocal.go.c...ideo?id=8567183