The Real Housewives of New Jersey

• Please log in to reply

48924 replies to this topic

Elle34DD

Elle34DD

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 6:37 PM

Any word about where exactly the ladies will be from?

I read a few live in Franklin Lakes.

Le Furonda

Le Furonda

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 9:10 PM

Can't they do the Real Househusbands of something? The Real Househusbands of Las Vegas... But I jut don't see how New Jersey will work....

keeperrox

keeperrox

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 9:23 PM

Back in the 1980s (yes, I am old), Livingston used to be called Livingstein. Is that still the case?

I personally never called it that, nor did the people who I occasionally hung out with from there in the late '90s, but yes, I have heard that before. And yes, they were all Jewish.

nyclovinggirl

nyclovinggirl

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 10:33 PM

OMG a Jersey girl here from Bergen County, Haworth specifically, and can't wait for this show! When I think rich I think Saddle River, Caldwell, Alpine and Englewood but that is from years ago. I haven't lived there since I was 17 so I could be way off. All my family still lives there though and it's really not drama riddled but you know Bravo, they'll find it for sure.

It makes me happy though because I loved watching The Soprano's for even a glimpse of North Jersey and home and to hear the accent that makes my heart beat faster!

pp64

pp64

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 20, 2008 @ 1:32 PM

Nyclovinggirk, I'm with you. I was born and raised in North Jersey and I though Gandolfini (spell check) had that North Jersey accent down so well! I live in southern PA, and Gawd do I miss the Sabretts and the White Castles!

Elle34DD

Elle34DD

Fanatic

Posted Dec 20, 2008 @ 8:53 PM

Here's a link to My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding with Dina, one of the housewives:

http://www.vh1.com/s...ode_about.jhtml

southernbella

southernbella

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2009 @ 5:42 AM

According to a poster on On Common Ground, the show has been cancelled because of an inside lawsuit with one of the girls and Bravo. Dina is rumored to have signed with NBC for a different show.

CrissySnow

CrissySnow

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2009 @ 1:08 PM

According to a poster on On Common Ground, the show has been cancelled because of an inside lawsuit with one of the girls and Bravo.

Perhaps she was afraid she's get a "bad edit"?

robroy

robroy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2009 @ 3:03 PM

Bravos editing skills being what they are- could they have simply just cut said woman out. Either using the scenes without her and editting her form others?

This sounds horrible but I was really looking forward to the overly sterotyped, Jersey girl, bridge & tunnel background, etc.

TheQueenB

TheQueenB

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 16, 2009 @ 7:56 PM

I've seen nothing official, it's just a rumor. I hope this show does end up airing it looks snarktastic!

kacesq

kacesq

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 9:15 AM

Apparently, the show is a go:

Real Housewives of NJ Premieres May 12th
Now, this NJ native needs to decide whether I'll be horrified by the wives or suitably amused - I envision so many steretypes...

PaigeAdams

PaigeAdams

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 11:40 AM

Forget the weddings....

Are they going to show the $100,000 bar mitzvahs?

socagal33

socagal33

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 12:29 PM

What fruit will these ladies hold up at the beginning of the show? Oranges, apples and peaches have already been done.

lilith1930

lilith1930

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 12:32 PM

Tomatoes? Hey, it's technically a fruit!

KTF

KTF

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 2:11 PM

Well flowers or other greenery of course! This IS a show featuring women from the Garden State.

PaigeAdams

PaigeAdams

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 5:33 PM

Large mosquitos? Cranberries? Dripping gasoline?

12345ne

12345ne

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2009 @ 6:40 PM

Meatballs? An Italian sandwich? A horse's head?

wonald

wonald

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 2:27 PM

I would bet any money that it's going to be tomatoes.

justmeandmytv

justmeandmytv

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 3:32 PM

This cast is not going to be like the other housewives cast , since three of the housewives are family.

Caroline and Dina are sisters and they married Tommy and Albert who are brothers.
Jackeline is the wife of Caroline and Dina's brother.
Teresa and Danielle are "friends".

I'm pretty sure theres going to be a lot of family drama.

st293

st293

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 3:45 PM

This cast is not going to be like the other housewives cast , since three of the housewives are family.

It will be a real life Sopranos instead!

justmeandmytv

justmeandmytv

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 3:50 PM

I think Dina is the same Dina from my Big Fat Fabulous Wedding, since Tommy and Albert are the owners of the place where they had their wedding.

kacesq

kacesq

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 3:55 PM

st293, you are correct!

Real Housewives of NJ have Sopranos Connection

Edited by kacesq, Mar 18, 2009 @ 3:58 PM.

jellybean1231

jellybean1231

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 4:54 PM

Yes, Dina Manzo is definitely from My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding. Her husband Tommy and his brother Albert own the restaurant the Brownstone, or something like that. They were the couple that said it took them a really long time to get there (engaged and married) because Tommy had some infidelity issues. I wonder if he will come off shady on the show and spend alot of nights "working late". Also, I didn't recognize Dina in the picture of all the housewives but since realizing who she was i'm assuming she's the one with redish lighter hair. She looks different...Another thing I remember about their wedding was the fact that she was interior designer but everything she chose as decorations was so gawdy and I couldn't believe those ideas were coming from someone claiming to be an interior designer.

Edited by jellybean1231, Mar 18, 2009 @ 9:20 PM.

PaigeAdams

PaigeAdams

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 8:25 PM

1. Being an interior designer does not mean you have good taste. Your taste could be terrible -- you just need to find other people who also like hideous designs.

2. Certainly looks like we're not going to see any $100,000 bar mitzvahs -- but we could see some cement overcoats.

3. I don't think everyone who lives in New Jersey is Italian... but you'd never know that from this line up. On the other hand, I doubt that everyone in the Atlanta suburbs is African American.

VickySTL

VickySTL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 18, 2009 @ 11:33 PM

RHONJ sounds like it will be a lot more interesting, since there are so many established relationships, unlike some of the other RHo shows where the characters have never met.

MKX

MKX

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2009 @ 4:57 PM

I'm glad this is finally going to air, I'll be tuning in for sure.

The only thing I'm worried about is if Bravo decided to leave this sitting on the shelf for an entire year and ended up broadcasting another spin-off (RHoA) that had been filmed after it before it, that probably isn't a good sign of the quality of this show.

lvmom

lvmom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2009 @ 6:46 PM

I read somewhere awhile ago that there was something legal delaying RHONJ. Not the quality.

PaigeAdams

PaigeAdams

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2009 @ 8:36 PM

I read somewhere awhile ago that there was something legal delaying RHONJ. Not the quality.

The "Real Housewives" series and "quality" ???

ROTFLMAO

lvmom

lvmom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 20, 2009 @ 9:09 PM

"""LOL, true, true. I guess I should say I can't imagine Bravo shelving a RH series because of a lack thereof.

bossygirl

bossygirl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2009 @ 7:48 PM

These gals have great potential for snark. I can just tell from their pictures in People. My Mom would have called them "tough cookies".

Edited by bossygirl, Mar 21, 2009 @ 7:50 PM.