The Real Housewives of New Jersey

• Please log in to reply

48930 replies to this topic

Lulus Pie Shop

Lulus Pie Shop

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 11:02 AM

The real money is out in Somerset County-Bedminster, Far Hils, Bernard's Township, etc. Also, very northern Bergen County. But they need drama, and you won't get too much drama there.

Bergen County girl here, and as I was reading through the comments I was thinking that the truly tacky Jersey housewives aren't the superrich Ridgewood/Englewood Cliffs* women but the ones who could barely keep up with the property taxes.

*Are Ridgewood and Englewood Cliffs still the ritzy-rich areas? I haven't been home for a while. Usually when I think superrich NJ I think of Alpine.

formergr

formergr

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 12:24 PM

'Nother former Northern Bergen County girl here, and I think Ridgewood is still considered rich, but not really ritzy-- the village has really built up. When I think of superrich I think of Saddle River, agree with you on Alpine, Mendhem (sp?), etc...

And I think another poster was right in that the superrich places won't have enough drama-- you need a more "in between" town so you get the true poseurs and wannabe klassy rich housewives.

Edited by formergr, Apr 18, 2008 @ 12:26 PM.

winerydoor

winerydoor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 12:37 PM

Well, I know they would never make a Real Housewives of Minnesota show. We're all waaaay too Norwegian, read closed lipped and Minnesota nice. To your face at least.

New Jersey would be funny I think. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. The NY one turn out so much better than the OC one, so who knows?

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 3:36 PM

Why NJ? I would think Dallas or Houston, Miami or wherever would be better.

Why NJ? Because they can use the same crews that shot the RHoNYC without putting them up in hotels.

stinkymcgee

stinkymcgee

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 3:43 PM

Minnesota nice. To your face at least

As I understand the term "Minnesota Nice", it's exactly that -- heaps of passive-aggression. Sweet as pie to your face, but then carping behind your back. That might actually be entertaining -- bring it on, Bravo!

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 4:11 PM

*Are Ridgewood and Englewood Cliffs still the ritzy-rich areas? I haven't been home for a while. Usually when I think superrich NJ I think of Alpine.

I meant Alpine but couldn't think of the name of the town.

As I understand the term "Minnesota Nice", it's exactly that -- heaps of passive-aggression. Sweet as pie to your face, but then carping behind your back. That might actually be entertaining -- bring it on, Bravo!

"Ginny, I didn't want to say anthing at the church dinner, but really, but Anna used foccaccia bread as the topping of her tuna casserole. Who does she think she is, Martha Stewart? My mother would turn over in her grave. That was her recipe she was using! Honestly. But did I say anything? No, I did not."

Is that anything like, "Why bless your heart" when in the south?

Why NJ? Because they can use the same crews that shot the RHoNYC without putting them up in hotels.

I'm sure Super 7 could use the business.

IndigoSense

IndigoSense

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 4:15 PM

Maybe the women from MTV's True Life "I'm a Jersey Shore Girl" are married by now and available for this? Or Charlie and Sabrina from "I'm Getting Married" have moved to NJ?

Hee! As any fan of True Life here must know...wouldn't it be a hoot if Tommy Cheeseballs were to make an appearance? LOL It'd be golden!

foodie100

foodie100

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 7:01 PM

Is anyone else bummed by this new addition? I wish they'd just stick to OC (must admit, I did snarkily love NYC as well). I just want to see more of the same ol' women we love to hate. I'm afraid it's losing something along the way.

van Van

van Van

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 9:01 PM

From the NY Post link:

Danielle, a divorcee who appeared to be in her 40s, revealed a hard-partying, hedonistic past, claiming to have had steamy makeout sessions with Mick Jagger and Prince. She rated Prince the better kisser. "I was surprised by that because Mick has those lips," she said.

She also said she has an ex-husband who is very rich and that she was engaged 19 times before she got married.

Who the eff is engaged 19 times other than delusional freakshows? Danielle, you are already my pre-favorite.

hurtinfrog

hurtinfrog

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2008 @ 3:32 PM

Has this show been cast? Who is doing the translation of the natives? Did Amy Fisher and crimes happen in NJ?

AnnetteFun

AnnetteFun

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2008 @ 4:42 PM

Is anyone else bummed by this new addition? I wish they'd just stick to OC (must admit, I did snarkily love NYC as well). I just want to see more of the same ol' women we love to hate. I'm afraid it's losing something along the way.

Yes, I am. This is starting to become the "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" of Bravo. Though NYC turned out better than I anticipated, but can't they come up with some original formats? I have a feeling that this will be "Growing Up Gotti" Revisited...same typecasting, I mean.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Apr 19, 2008 @ 4:49 PM

Did Amy Fisher and crimes happen in NJ?

Like the Gottis, this also belongs to LONG ISLAND. Not New Jersey. We have our own weirdness, but please stop slagging us with the sins of Long Island.

Lulus Pie Shop

Lulus Pie Shop

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2008 @ 5:46 PM

Who the eff is engaged 19 times other than delusional freakshows? Danielle, you are already my pre-favorite.

This actually reminds me of a friend I had in college who was engaged at 21...for the third time.

And yes, he was from New Jersey. But he wasn't a millionaire, so it's probably not him.

kacesq

kacesq

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2008 @ 8:15 PM

"Dina, who also seemed over 40, showed off the heavily decorated interior of her modest suburban home.'Everything is onyx, which is ridiculous to put in a regular house,' she conceded."

hmmm...my reality whore radar wonders if this would be the same Dina who was on VH1's My Big Fabulous Wedding or whatever show it was. If so, she married the owner of the Brownstone catering facility in Paterson, NJ and would most likely fulfill the Italian-American princess stereotype I think we'll be getting.

Ya know, the show could be interesting for this Bergen County native for the "point and laugh" aspect of it, as the deluded housewives tell me "truths" about my own state. Plus, like The Sopranos, it will be fun to see where they film..

still won't stop me from screaming "we're not like that" at the screen. :)

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 7:57 PM

New Jersey? Why not pick somewhere different like Dallas or Atlanta?

BKs Nimo

BKs Nimo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 7:59 PM

New Jersey? Why not pick somewhere different like Dallas or Atlanta?

I've actually heard that Atlanta is in the works.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2008 @ 12:16 PM

I'm sure that Bravo can find some people from Colts Neck, Millstone Township (its near Freehold), or Moorestown (South Jersey) that would want to be involved in this.

Frankly, I rather see them do a season in Montreal, Toronto, Phoenix, or Orlando.

MKX

MKX

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 27, 2008 @ 3:30 AM

Just out of interest, does anyone know whatever happened to this?

From the NY post article linked to up thread it sounds like it had been cast and was filming back in April, I assume they must be done by now. Is Bravo planning on airing this eventually or did it end up getting shelved?

lvmom

lvmom

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2008 @ 10:48 AM

I'd love to know too. Right now the Atlanta RH is one of the best things going on TV right now. Desperate Housewives and Fringe are about the only other shows I really watch. The shine has come off of CSI and GND.

southernbella

southernbella

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2008 @ 11:13 PM

http://blog.nj.com/a...ves_coming.html

http://oncommongroun...new-jersey.html

Glorious! Dina and Tommy from My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding (the ones with the catering hall, where the soon to be Mrs. admitted he cheated on her twice while they were engaged) are on it.

http://weblogs.amny....log/jersey.jpeg

http://www.vh1.com/s...0/episode.jhtml

This is going to be GOOD.

Edited by southernbella, Dec 18, 2008 @ 11:17 PM.

Elle34DD

Elle34DD

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2008 @ 11:16 PM

hmmm...my reality whore radar wonders if this would be the same Dina who was on VH1's My Big Fabulous Wedding or whatever show it was.

Yes she is.

Here's a photo of some of the ladies and the annoying couple from Brooklyn:
http://weblogs.amny....log/jersey.jpeg

And some not so charming posts on a blog about the show:

http://oncommongroun...new-jersey.html

And a board with some "inside" info:

http://boards.eonlin...t...1&tstart=-1

Surprised there isn't more out there about this show. Guess RHoA is getting all the love!

southernbella

southernbella

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2008 @ 11:25 PM

http://weblogs.amny....t_and_abou.html

Another flattering article.

Lulus Pie Shop

Lulus Pie Shop

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 5:40 AM

Even though I've never seen this, I'd like them to do a follow-up season to show how well the women are coping with the economic crisis...

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 6:44 AM

Glorious! Dina and Tommy from My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding (the ones with the catering hall, where the soon to be Mrs. admitted he cheated on her twice while they were engaged) are on it.

This? Is fucking great! I totally remember them and remember thinking that he was going to cheat on her again. Wow, let the fuckery begin!

lissy

lissy

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 8:10 AM

As soon as I saw a picture of her, I knew it was Dina from that show!! I think they made a good choice casting her. Her and her husband are so dramatic. Looking forward to this!

prmami

prmami

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 9:37 AM

The comments on this blog are a mess. I got sucked into the RH franchise when visiting my mom who was watching the Atlanta series and now I''m tuning in to the S4 of OC every week and working backwards whenever they show marathons of the older seasons. Can't wait for to see them in NJ. I'm so Bravo's bitch now.

Edited by prmami, Oct 13, 2009 @ 6:36 PM.

southernbella

southernbella

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 10:47 AM

This? Is fucking great! I totally remember them and remember thinking that he was going to cheat on her again. Wow, let the fuckery begin!

You know what's even better? Her SISTER is on this as well. God, I must find a air date for this.

cherise120

cherise120

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 11:06 AM

How about Upper Montclair (get people at my job that get mad if you say you live in Montclair) same with Caldwell & West Caldwell what snobs!

keeperrox

keeperrox

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 2:40 PM

As a Morris County native, I am quite disappointed that I no longer get Bravo (not in my Dish lineup). I'll be looking out for the premiere so I can pop in here and read about all the crazies and laugh about how that is SO not my New Jersey.

Any word about where exactly the ladies will be from? I see that one gets her hair done in Chatham, which is in in the south eastern part of Morris County, and dines in Livingston, in Essex, but trust me, that doesn't mean she lives in either. Although, I had a close friend growing up who was from Livingston, and we played them in sports, and I could totally see some new money from Livingston on this.

Sarcastico

Sarcastico

Fanatic

Posted Dec 19, 2008 @ 4:27 PM

Back in the 1980s (yes, I am old), Livingston used to be called Livingstein. Is that still the case?