The Real Housewives of New Jersey

• Please log in to reply

48924 replies to this topic

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 1:44 PM

Backstage Ragin' Rosie owned Part 1. Somebody just earned herself a spot on the next Top Reunion Moments special.

If not for the shit that she steadily pulls out of her ass, Teresa would have nothing to say. I have total faith Nicholas will grow up to possess more sense than her (and a much shorter rap sheet than Milania).

Kathy looked great a few months ago on WWHL after having only her nose done. What a shame. Caution light, indeed.

But I don't understand how just because the Gorgas are older they are somehow these perfect, benevolent entities. I would not at all be surprised to find out that Teresa's mother is a jerk than runs her mouth about everybody on the show. I saw how she ran up to Kathy telling her to be "ashama" herself because she dared tell Teresa her child was unattended (which she was). She obviously has no problem inserting herself into the drama. Just because she's older she doesn't have permission to run her mouth about Kathy possibly getting divorced or considering lapband surgery.

To go old school TWoP, word. As far as showing respect goes, Teresa disrespected her mother first when she used her as a means to take an unprovoked shot at Kathy. (It's okay for Teresa to relay stuff told to her behind closed doors, but it was the worst thing ever when Joey did it? Whatever, Tre.) If old mama Gorga was talking junk, then Kathy had every right to call her out.

Just because everyone in the room has an issue with you, and you with them, that doesn't mean there's a gang up going on. From where I was sitting during the reunion, Teresa was just as assertive, on the offensive, loud and insulting as any of them. She gets paid a pretty penny to voluntarily wallow in the dramatics that she helped to create and propagate, and it's an insult to real victims of bullying to put the likes of Teresa Giudice in their group, IMO.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 1:47 PM

I still can't fathom how Jax and and the Manzo tribe have themselves so worked up over a few tabloid articles about Tre and her personal life, when they are facing a crisis in their own family?

If my beloved nephew were diagnosed as autistic,,,the last reading material I would be concentrating on would be tabloid bullshit. I'd be glad my friend WASN'T dumping her personal issues on me at such a time.

If Joe Go and his wife want to take Tre to task over their issues that's one thing but those issues are none of the Manzo/Wakile/Laurita business.

Boston Kate

Boston Kate

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

Rich's new teeth look good. Now, he needs to lose those too-heavy eyeglass frames; wire-rimmed would suit him much better.

AmazingWench

AmazingWench

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

Kim D Admits To Setting Melissa Up! Says Teresa Had No Idea What Was Going To Happen At The Fashion Show!

http://www.allaboutt...e-fashion-show/

Edited by AmazingWench, Oct 3, 2012 @ 1:58 PM.

GillianDarmody

GillianDarmody

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

Every dress on this reunion show was incredible.

quaintirene

quaintirene

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

I was interested in the idea of Teresa speaking compared to Teresa writing. So I checked her Twitter feed as well as the infamous messages Jax put online and then she put online. A couple of things struck me. First of all, while Twitter/IM is no benchmark of great writing, Tre's tweets and IMs are short, to the point and spelled correctly. It's not like she's tweeting War and Peace. But compared to Jax's rambles, she is a miracle of pithy clarity. Without spelling mistakes. (Thank you auto-correct!) I believe that Teresa, when not attacked and flustered, can get her point across quite easily. Secondly, Tre's Twitter-feed is a snowstorm of personal appearances. She is all over the place all the time pushing her products and cookbooks, doing charity stuff, making personal appearances. That woman works damned hard! I've checked all the others. Caroline Manzo is still tweeting about how she tried so hard with Tre but couldn't do it any more etc etc and has invited her three fans to come and see her and her darling boys at some Duane Reed somewhere where she is doing one event. Jax is tweeting somewhat addled feel-good drinks recipes and promising to help her child (which? Fair enough.) Kathy Wakile shills for the plastic surgeon who ruined her face and has a couple of recipes up there but that's about it. Melissa Gorga spends her tweets telling her fanbase where she got her glittery eye-makeup/had her highlights done/bought her dress/new song coming up. None of those women are working one tenth as hard as Tre is. I'm not surprised they have the time to run to the tabloids with their little bits of news. It would fill in that horrid gap between breakfast and dinner where the rest of us, including Teresa, actually work.

bluesky40

bluesky40

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

To go old school TWoP, word. As far as showing respect goes, Teresa disrespected her mother first when she used her as a means to take an unprovoked shot at Kathy. (It's okay for Teresa to relay stuff told to her behind closed doors, but it was the worst thing ever when Joey did it? Whatever, Tre.) If old mama Gorga was talking junk, then Kathy had every right to call her out.

I disagree. We can't start analyzing the older generation Gorga's...we have our hands full as it is! Of course Teresa's mom talks shit, of course her dad has faults, every family has issues whether big or small. Kathy should have held her tongue regarding her aunt and uncle. All she did was make herself look worse.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 2:32 PM

Kathy didn't get a designer bag till she was 40. She shoulda be ashama herself? Tre has turds for values.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

Rich's new teeth look good. Now, he needs to lose those too-heavy eyeglass
frames; wire-rimmed would suit him much better.

Let's face it.. the whole head has to go.

The Manzo/Laurita group recently attended a Tricky Tray event for AutismSpeak. Held at the Brownstone (of course) and some Sparkle business organized it. I noticed in the credits that one Candace Laurita is owner of Sparkle. So I guess they are keeping it all in the fambly. Didn't see the Gorgas or Wakiles there, but I'm sure they tweeted their best wishes.

I really don't think Melissa got on this show to make the rounds of Tricky Tray Charity events. SHe is much too beautiful and talented for that. And those events will certainly not
be Little Tarzan friendly so Joe Go is gonna have to take things down a notch. They might become the next target in Caroline's sights next season. Up till now they've amused her, I think she may be bored with them now.

As far as what and who can be discussed on the show, I think rules for the reunion show be a bit looser. But no way should Rosie be allowed on stage after her hissy fit.

Edited by ish, Oct 3, 2012 @ 2:57 PM.

islandgal

islandgal

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 2:57 PM

I don't remember first seeing Rich and thinking 'eww.' I didn't think he was handsome/hot but he wasn't an ogre or a gremlin either but the more he opened his mouth the grosser he became. Now when I see him I automatically go 'ewww'

I was hoping for a major cast change and shakeup for the coming season but with the news that ratings for the reunion was something like 6mil viewers, those hopes are dying fast. I just see the show getting even more ridiculous and amping up the drama even more. They definitely need someone to interact with Teresa since the cast hates her. I can see them also adding someone who is no fan of Melissa from her past. I just hope for no more transparent Bravo back alley fake ass dramatics. I think Kathy should be cut or have a severely diminished role.

I would really love to know how Mel, Jax and Caro define bullying. Ter is arguably a lot of things. I just have a hard time seeing any bullying especially with a dynamic of everyone vs her and my suspicion that Andy and the former producers not being particular fans of Tres.

I think Kathy looked better before. Her new look actually ages her, IMO. I think it's the "neck" thing indeed...she looks more jowelly even though she isn't. I don't think it's a bad nose job, I just think her face had more character before. Guess there isn't a procedure for her eyes....lol.

ETA: It looks to me like Kathy also got fillers aside from just her lips. Or it's weight gain. Her cheeks look more chipmunk- like.

I never thought Kathy was beautiful. I admit to be prejudiced and just never finding overly bugged eyed people attractive. That being said, if I had never seen her before and I only just clapped eyes on her today post plastic surgery, I wouldn't think "WOW, this chick has had a ton of surgery!" She still wouldn't be a stunner to me but she doesn't look excessively pulled tight and 'done' so to me it is good plastic surgery. However, I do think that since I have a before and after to compare and contrast, the after really is quite dramatic but I can't say that it is totally in a good way. She does manage to look a bit less rodent-like than before yet for some reason she looks more masculine and broad to me. Could be the "neck" thing as mentioned. It's weird!

lasu

lasu

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:01 PM

It's not that I disagree with your point, but Kathy is the one who sold us that she was old school and all about respect. She could have easily just said, calmly, "Teresa, that's not true about my marriage," or "Your mother must have been misinformed," to refute what Teresa was saying. Now, if someone actually is running around talking shit about me, I'd have no problem at all calling them a "fucking liar" regardless of that party's age, but I don't try to sell myself as someone who respects her elders in an old school way.

Edited by lasu, Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:03 PM.

LillyCL

LillyCL

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

Teresa never said that she didn't want to or couldn't discuss things, she instead said that everything was fine and acted all offended that her BFF Jacqueline would dare even be concerned about her enough to ask a question. And I disagree, the entire season did not feature the rest if the cast trying to get Teresa to talk about certain things on camera. That was one small storyline with Jacqueline, which I think that Teresa handled poorly.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:26 PM

Teresa told her that if there was something Jax needed to know (and if it was something Teresa was willing to share obviously) that she would tell her. That should have been the end of it. If that answer wasn't good enough for Jax, that's kind of too bad for her. She had options, stop worrying over it and concentrate on her own family issues, move on and find a new friend that will share everything or just re evaluate the friendship and accept the boundaries Tre has established.

Edited by ish, Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:30 PM.

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

And it looks like Tre made the right choice, considering when Jax is no longer your friend, she will take your dirty laundry and put it on display before before the entire village. Her own dirty laundry is to be hidden away though.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:45 PM

she will take your dirty laundry and put it on display before before the entire
village

Which is the reason they want to know your dirty secrets.. they figure you'll be less likely to spill their secrets if they have knowledge of yours. Insurance.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:49 PM

I just saw a preview for the next portion of the reunion, and Jac mentions something about someone walking in and catching "him" with someone on a desk. They then show Joe Giudice saying, "She wouldn't have caught me."

I know this is editing trickery, but is this Jac trying to get Joe to own up to an affair? They also show Andy asking Joe who was on the phone.

peachpie

peachpie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

Backstage Ragin' Rosie owned Part 1. Somebody just earned herself a spot on the next Top Reunion Moments special.

Big yes to this! I only watched 20 minutes of the reunion so I only saw the Rosie Rant on the previews. Last night I turned on the TV just in time to see most of it. Tre's expression when she heard Rosie was priceless. It was just like a poster here wrote several pages back - Rosie is like the murderous inbred kid who lives in the basement and goes off on murderous tangents. I thought of that post as I was watching . This is indeed a classic moment.

Watermelon

Watermelon

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 4:12 PM

I just saw a preview for the next portion of the reunion, and Jac mentions something about someone walking in and catching "him" with someone on a desk. They then show Joe Giudice saying, "She wouldn't have caught me."

I know this is editing trickery, but is this Jac trying to get Joe to own up to an affair? They also show Andy asking Joe who was on the phone.

I could easily believe Tre in fact did catch him, and did tell Jaq, but that's nothing that'll EVER be admitted to.

I want to know who the hell he was on the phone with and furthermore why he called his wife every name in the book on the phone.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

You can see the shadow of Rosie thru the backdrop and hear her bellowing.

I half expected Ralph Edwards to be standing there Now can you recognize this voice from your childhood.?..she was only allowed up to visit on special occasions but she made quite an impact on your life!!! Here's Rosie!!

jaync

jaync

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 4:24 PM

Kathy should have held her tongue regarding her aunt and uncle.

Why should Kathy hold her tongue when Antonia and Teresa are respectively flapping theirs about Kathy and Kathy's dead father?

Now, if someone actually is running around talking shit about me, I'd have no problem at all calling them a "fucking liar" regardless of that party's age, but I don't try to sell myself as someone who respects her elders in an old school way.

But, has Kathy ever tried to sell the idea that elders are to always be respected, no matter what? The Giudices also seem to view themselves as being old school Italians, but Juicy said he'd have no problem throwing his elderly in-laws out on their asses if they failed to shut up and behave to his liking.

shannongrrr

shannongrrr

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 4:29 PM

I skimmed through the new US Weekly at the market today. It's mostly Melissa's article with quotes from the show/blogs pulled from the others. Melissa doesn't hold back, calling Tre selfish and greedy and how she'd come over just to brag about the price of her shoes.

I'll give it to Teresa. She never actually *said* anything bad on camera about Melissa, we'd just hear it secondhand. Let's say she truly is a torturing bitch-- at least shes a smart one. :p But I do think she's changed since season one. She's gone from not caring about the value of a dollar to a savvy business woman..I bet shes much more involved and conscious of her finances and business now and the show is just part of her bread and butter rather than her whole life (like some women). .

Edited by shannongrrr, Oct 3, 2012 @ 4:30 PM.

bluesky40

bluesky40

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 4:52 PM

Why should Kathy hold her tongue when Antonia and Teresa are respectively flapping theirs about Kathy and Kathy's dead father?

Well first of all, it obviously struck a nerve. If it was indeed a lie, she should have laughed and told T she won't even address something so ridiculous. Instead, she totally lost her cool.

Second of all, she has been on the show all season long acting like Mrs. DoGood. Remember the Napa trip? When she didn't want anyone to feel left out, so she instigated the whole fight between Caro and T? She hid behind the fact that she was just trying to make everyone come together and be happy, so in that regard, Practice what you Preach!!!

I totally agree with this:

Now, if someone actually is running around talking shit about me, I'd have no problem at all calling them a "fucking liar" regardless of that party's age, but I don't try to sell myself as someone who respects her elders in an old school way.

TooAmused

TooAmused

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

And I disagree, the entire season did not feature the rest if the cast trying to get Teresa to talk about certain things on camera. That was one small storyline with Jacqueline, which I think that Teresa handled poorly.

The entire cast did not ask her directly, but they talked quite a bit about it in THs and making snarky remarks to her. Richie and "how much did that bag cost?" Or Melissa in her trying to be a sexy Angel act TH's saying "how can we help Teresa if she won't talk to us?"

JoeGo confronted her and brought it up earlier in the season wherein Teresa tried speaking in Italian to shut the conversation down/signal her unwillingness to talk about it, she also would say "going away" instead of going to jail. Then JoeGo thought it was cute to talk about the money he lent her on camera, and really, what good brother or a person just wanting to help does that? Yeah, embarrass her and that's helping. I wish Teresa had said in that moment and "we stood by you during the rape allegations." Or, when she did go the nicer route and say JoeGiu helped you out in getting started, JoeGo would deny and then go on to admit he did indeed not give back tools JoeGiu loaned him.

And lets not forget the mocking Caroline has done towards Teresa's positive attitude and move on stance. Oh, or her marriage was a great topic of discussion for the Don.

travelguru

travelguru

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

But, has Kathy ever tried to sell the idea that elders are to always be respected, no matter what? g.

To quote Kathy, "we're old school, we believe in respect"

StrawburryTarte

StrawburryTarte

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 5:05 PM

Let's say she truly is a torturing bitch-- at least shes a smart one.

Melissa thinks everyone who doesn't treat her like a princess and allow her to be the center of attention is torturous, out to get her and deserves retaliation. I blame this on her mother and sisters over indulging her and feeding her ego, and - maybe due to some unresolved issues after her father's death, which is sad - her need to manipulate men into being her provider and protector.

Teresa saw from day one that her brother was thinking with Tarzan, and Melissa's wild behavior was not the norm for her family. By Melissa the newcomer not automatically being the center of attention, she created some imaginary vendetta against the people who weren't giving her what she wanted, and she blames Teresa as the ringleader.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

I agree, and Teresa opened the parental skeleton closet full of cowardly liars that released Kraken Rosie.

Natasha333

Natasha333

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

Because Antonia (Teresa's mom) has never talked shit about Kathy or her parents on national television, and neither had Teresa until Kathy called Antonia "a fucking liar" for millions of viewers to see. That's pretty heinous, imo. I don't even think JoeGo has a problem with Kathy calling his mother that on TV. He is, after all, the one who called his sister "garbage" on national television.

So, exactly what horrific things has Teresa done to Jacqueline and Caroline? Why are they acting as if she slept with their husbands?

The thing I couldn't stand about Lauren when she was going off on Teresa was the smug look she had on top of her usual bitchface. Another thing: it's funny to me when people like Lauren wear clothes that are too tight and too small for them just to show off how much weight they've lost, but are actually making themselves look fatter than they are.

You can see the shadow of Rosie thru the backdrop and hear her bellowing.

Yeah, she's like the freak child the family is ashamed of and keeps hidden away. Seems similar to how Teresa said Kathy treated Rosie in the past. I hope Kathy's own dirty laundry is exposed.

peachpie

peachpie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 6:06 PM

But, has Kathy ever tried to sell the idea that elders are to always be respected, no matter what?

Yes, she has. In her opening on the show she says, "We're old school. We believe in respect." My parents are old school Italian - off da boat as Caro would say - and that's how it is. Right or wrong you keep your mouth shut in regards to your elders.

LillyCL

LillyCL

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

Lauren probably thinks she looked good, but you are right, Natasha333. She annoyed the hell out of me, too. Too funny that she couldn't name one actual job she or her brothers ever had outside of Chris working at the Brownstone. And notice that Teresa just simply stated her opinion but said it ONCE, whereas how many fucking times did Lauren go on about the napalm thing. (Gee, Lauren, did I spell that right? Oh, maybe I have a ghostwriter too, bitch.)

Holy crap - there is a Facebook page "The Manzos should leave The Real Housewives Of New Jersey" with a funny (ugly) picture of Caroline and Jacqueline from the reunion. ROFLMAO.

Edited by LillyCL, Oct 3, 2012 @ 6:58 PM.

TooAmused

TooAmused

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 3, 2012 @ 7:02 PM

Lauren probably thinks she looked good, but you are right, Natasha333. She annoyed the hell out of me, too. Too funny that she couldn't name one actual job she or her brothers ever had outside of Chris working at the Brownstone. And notice that Teresa just simply stated her opinion but said it ONCE, whereas how many fucking times did Lauren go on about the napalm thing. (Gee, Lauren, did I spell that right? Oh, maybe I have a ghostwriter too, bitch.)

RHONJ seems to be all Lauren has. She's getting a lot of attention and by the way she's behaving with it, I'm curious to know if Lauren has any real girl friends her own age. Has she ever been shown with a female friend? I can't remember.

She's sad to me, her and Ashley both. Lauren needs to pull an Ashley and get far away from NJ, she'd be a lot better off.