The Real Housewives of New Jersey

• Please log in to reply

48926 replies to this topic

Kayden Klassic

Kayden Klassic

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 12:07 PM

The newest edition to Bravo's successful "Real Housewives" franchise brings big homes, big hair, new money and drama. Shot through Bravo's pop culture filter, welcome to New Jersey, home to five of the Garden State's most affluent ladies and the families they run. These best friends do everything over-the-top, from their decorating, to their dating and their fighting. "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" showcases the McMansions and lavish lifestyles of these women and all the drama that money can buy.

I'll watch it, but I'm not crazy about the location, it seems to similar to New York IMO. And not happy about McMansions either, how about finding families with actual money and actual genuine mansions?

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jul 28, 2013 @ 4:11 PM.

carmelized

carmelized

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 12:20 PM

What? They're actually doing another one of these? They must be getting desperate for ideas. I find the NY women preferable to the O.C. housewives, so maybe the NJ show could be okay, but I won't hold my breath. It seems like they are stretching the premise pretty thin.

And not happy about McMansions either, how about finding families with actual money and actual genuine mansions?

Something tells me that the families with old money and genuine mansions would never be on a show like this, and have all their privacy invaded. They'd probably consider this thing too tacky to be considered.

Edited by carmelized, Apr 15, 2008 @ 12:21 PM.

Eaglessoar

Eaglessoar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 12:59 PM

Oh my gawd, don't tell me!!

There is not one person on what I think I can safely assume without even seeing the first episode of the New Jersey version how out of the three shows combined, there is not one person that comes off as appearing real or they have their miserable lives all together as they tried to convince the viewing audience - you know, those of us who are envious of their lifestyles!!! Ya, right!! But I guess that is what makes for good ratings. Obviously, none of them give a flying flip how ridiculous and even stupid they come acrossTT or what their "fans" really think of them. Bet they all read the BravHO message boards.

Some people will do anything for attention and a little extra money. I also think the majority of the people on these Housewives shows use BravHO as a platform to perk up what appears to me to be outright boredom in their private lives since money has so far proven it has not bought any of them fulfillment, happiness, or, God forbid, a personality! It's like selling your soul in order to promote whatever product, like bottled water, or, some crap like that, thinking it will catapult one to success or even, (gag), stardum. Sorry BravHO, I watched very little of the New York version since it was classless and boring. I will not watch the New Jersey version.....at all. Oh, and while on a rant - give the OC version a rest already! GEEZ!

Where the hell is Gilligan's Island, Lawrence Welk, or Laugh In, when you need it?! At least those older shows had authentic entertainment value.

cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 1:13 PM

This is ridiculous and I say this as someone who grew up in New Jersey and still have family there. Bravo is probably going for the "how tacky are these New Jersey housewives?!" response with hopes of big hair, horrible accents and maybe even mob connections. I also agree with the poster who said this was too close to NYC. How about another region of the country, like "The Real Housewives of Texas" or "The Real Housewives of Chicago"? Spread the tacky all over the country, folks!

hurtinfrog

hurtinfrog

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 1:25 PM

Didn't we have this with the Gotti kids and mom? And God Help us, not another Sopranos...I know they have a warehouse full of cutting room clips but all of them have concrete boots just waiting for the tide to come in.

pigsfeet1

pigsfeet1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 2:08 PM

How about another region of the country, like "The Real Housewives of Texas" or "The Real Housewives of Chicago"?

Or more naturally, Florida (Key West, Miami, Tampa)? Vegas? Des Moines? At least this "franchise" can say it's caught up with "CSI" & "Law & Order".

ZootAlors

ZootAlors

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 2:38 PM

all of them have concrete boots just waiting for the tide to come in.

I volunteer to fit the NY and OC ladies for the right size and will donate them free.

For the future, I want the big hair housewives of Texas, the "you'll never be accepted here unless you were born here" housewives of New England, and the liberated, sandalled Berkeley wifeys.

And if Bravo doesn't shape up toot sweet, let's go back to reading books. I should really stop frittering away my time and energy by constantly complaining about these shows.

Edited by ZootAlors, Apr 15, 2008 @ 2:43 PM.

BKs Nimo

BKs Nimo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 2:39 PM

What? They're actually doing another one of these? They must be getting desperate for ideas.

I hadn't heard about this--but I've heard about a RH of Atlanta...that would actually have black people.

I'm surprised that Bravo would chose to do a NJ series though. Out of all the places they could pick, they pick Jersey?

justmeandmytv

justmeandmytv

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 3:07 PM

when is this show starting, im so excited fot this show, and people need to stop obsessing whit old money they are boring , i prefer new money they earned

and i am waiting for the Miami and Vegas version bravo needs to step it up

van Van

van Van

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 3:48 PM

Didn't we have this with the Gotti kids and mom?

The Gottis grew up in Howard Beach, Queens, and then on Long Island. Very different from New Jersey (I swear!).

I have to say that being a product of NJ I'm very much looking forward to this. But I hope they don't go the Sopranos route, which is silly and unrepresentative, and instead concentrate on the Somerset/Morris County horsey set or the superrich in shore communities like Rumson and Deal. The NYC ladies have nothing financially compared to some of the richest families in NJ.

justmeandmytv

justmeandmytv

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 4:02 PM

i really hoped that the speculation that the real housewife of Dubai were goin to be next

Strivers Row

Strivers Row

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 4:29 PM

I heard about the Atlanta one as well. I think the blog I read it on said that there would be 3 or 4 black women and that it's currently being filmed. Hope it's true. I'll honestly watch whatever Real Housewives show Bravo puts out there.

kacesq

kacesq

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 6:53 PM

Sigh. I used to be Bravo's total reality slave but with Millionaire Matchmaker, Top Design, RHONY and now this, I'm falling out of love with Bravo.

This Jersey girl wonders which stereotypes Bravo will find to showcase. I just know this show is going to have me screaming at the TV "we're not like that!"

I predict at least one Italian-American princess who is obsessed with her car, her nails and shopping at The Mall at Short Hills. Maybe the women from MTV's True Life "I'm a Jersey Shore Girl" are married by now and available for this? Or Charlie and Sabrina from "I'm Getting Married" have moved to NJ? cause that's the type of woman we'll be exposed to.

I agree with the poster above who says that the rich NYers have nothing on the affluent of NJ's shore communities, but somehow I don't think the inhabitants of Deal, Rumson, Spring Lake are going to be reality show participants...

Is this show a done deal? Where was the announcement from - Bravo?

I. can't. wait.

Edited by kacesq, Apr 15, 2008 @ 6:59 PM.

Tallulahbaby

Tallulahbaby

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 7:03 PM

I wonder is every woman going to look like Carmela Soprano? Geez.
I would love Real Housewives of San Francisco. Could be a good one..There are so many crazy high maintanence women here in SF.

That being said...I'll watch RHoNJ!!!

Edited by Tallulahbaby, Apr 15, 2008 @ 7:05 PM.

van Van

van Van

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 7:27 PM

somehow I don't think the inhabitants of Deal, Rumson, Spring Lake are going to be reality show participants...

Excellent point -- why do I always forget this?!

Well, I'd be just as happy if they showed a bunch of McMansion-dwellers from, say, Marlboro, and their spoiled mallrat kids. No offense to any nice residents of Marlboro out there, of course! It would just be very personally satisfying from a Monmouth-County-childhood perspective.

RockClimb

RockClimb

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 8:40 PM

I predict at least one Italian-American princess who is obsessed with her car, her nails and shopping at The Mall at Short Hills. Maybe the women from MTV's True Life "I'm a Jersey Shore Girl" are married by now and available for this? Or Charlie and Sabrina from "I'm Getting Married" have moved to NJ? cause that's the type of woman we'll be exposed to.

God, I hope so. The RH brand seems to find the women who best represent the negative stereotypes of any area, so I think your predictions will be correct.

yellowrosetexas

yellowrosetexas

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 8:50 PM

I can't wait for this! And I would love a RH of Dallas spinoff! Y'all haven't seen anything yet!

I do enjoy these shows just to get a different slice of life, but if they had a RH of Texas, I would probably be saying that we aren't like that, at all!

TTyT321

TTyT321

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:35 PM

Another one!?!?!?! I love the franchise but come on! Why the hell would they set it in a place that is a short drive away from your last cast, are they planning to do some type of Battle of the Real Housewives where Jill and some Jersey women have to run the 100 meter dash?

As annoyed as I am, I will watch every minute of it, damn those nouveau-riche nuts.

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 11:32 PM

Hmm, I live in one of those areas where the McMansions run free and old money butts against new money. They'll probably go further north (I hope) but if I see any Bravo camera crews, I'll let y'all know.

ivorie72

ivorie72

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 4:36 AM

Hell yeah, bring it on!

I think there could be a lot of good stuff in this!

But aren't they being a bit lazy? How about RH of Miami or Houston or Chicago? I guess they don't feel like moving their film crew very far. But I'll take it.

I really missed Tony and the gang!

Edited by ivorie72, Apr 16, 2008 @ 4:39 AM.

Irishgirl1

Irishgirl1

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 10:51 AM

As a born and raised Jersey Girl (Monmouth County!) I am excited to see this show but i have no dought they will showcase every sterotype there is. I remember watching MTV's I'm a Jersey Girl and thinking these girls are not from the shore. The true Jersey shore girls run away from these people when they invade our beach. So i have no dought in my mind that BRAVO will do the same thing. Showcase the worst Jersey housewives they can find.

heathrowe99

heathrowe99

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 1:54 PM

More Monmouth County here! But I bet they go tacky Northern NJ housewives with the hair and the accents...but honestly, it would not be too different than RHONY, so why?

It would be a nice counterpoint to the other two shows if they made a show about "preppies" but then Connecticut would have made more sense.

Naughty Melons

Naughty Melons

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 5:44 PM

I would love Real Housewives of San Francisco. Could be a good one..There are so many crazy high maintanence women here in SF.

I would too, because I'm originally from Monterey and making fun of the Carmel and Pebble Beach moms was a past time of mine, so I know the NorCal type- Hillsborough, Atherton, etc...that would have made for a good show. Plus it would be nice to see rich people in the Bay Area instead of the flippin' OC. At least we'll get some diversity!

Editing to get back on topic- I wonder if they are filming this in North Jersey where they filmed the Sopranos?? Wasn't it North Caldwell where they had the Soprano McMansion (a gorgeous one at that)?

Edited by Naughty Melons, Apr 16, 2008 @ 5:48 PM.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 7:05 PM

Is this show a done deal? Where was the announcement from - Bravo?

kacesq It's a go for sure: The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Scroll down for a "lovely" pic: OutHouse for the BigHouse

jamaraz

jamaraz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 7:22 PM

Well, I'd be just as happy if they showed a bunch of McMansion-dwellers from, say, Marlboro, and their spoiled mallrat kids. No offense to any nice residents of Marlboro out there, of course! It would just be very personally satisfying from a Monmouth-County-childhood perspective.

I would kill for this scenario to happen. Producers, are you listening? Please, please, please.... :)

Edited by jamaraz, Apr 16, 2008 @ 7:23 PM.

ScarySkierNJ

ScarySkierNJ

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 8:01 PM

Damn...where's the love for us folks in South Jersey! They could show our trailers with the plastic tarp for an awning. We have three rusted cars in the front yard and an old commode and freezer decomposing out back! They could show trips to the WaWa for our morning cigs and coffee. How about when we get our bridges at the dentist to fill in the gaps where our missing teeth are...riviting TV. The Pinelands, the Jersey Devil........all in South Jersey minus the annoying New York accent!

uranushertz

uranushertz

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 8:09 PM

New Jersey?!? I want Real Housewives of the Bible Belt, DAMMIT!!

hereshecomes

hereshecomes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 8:18 AM

Ew. This show is not sounding too good to me from what's on this link:

NY Post Article

"Dina, who also seemed over 40, showed off the heavily decorated interior of her modest suburban home.'Everything is onyx, which is ridiculous to put in a regular house,' she conceded."

Sounds cartoony.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 10:13 AM

I predict at least one Italian-American princess who is obsessed with her car, her nails and shopping at The Mall at Short Hills.

No, they'll be at Paramus Park or Garden State and swear it's just as good as TMaSH.

The real money is out in Somerset County-Bedminster, Far Hils, Bernard's Township, etc. Also, very northern Bergen County. But they need drama, and you won't get too much drama there.

Why NJ? I would think Dallas or Houston, Miami or wherever would be better.

New Jersey?!? I want Real Housewives of the Bible Belt, DAMMIT!!

Real Housewives of Paducah. There's as much cattiness going on there as anywhere else.

Thanks hereshecomes. What is that dress Alex is wearing???

hereshecomes

hereshecomes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2008 @ 10:28 AM

Thanks hereshecomes. What is that dress Alex is wearing???

You mean the one with the rays of sunshine radiating from her pubic area? It appears to be intended to camouflage something.