Can You Duet?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

124 replies to this topic

kira28

kira28

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2009 @ 3:25 PM

I knew Steel Magnolia was going to win as soon as they elimated Oshea. I think JB Rocket are really good together and I really liked their original song. I thought they did a better job than Josh and Lindsay. I definately think Steel Magnolia is unique but they dont' sound country (any type) to me. Oh well, the groups that did not win sometimes do better than the one that does win the competition. Although I've always loved Caitlynn and Will and thought their performance was awesome. Did Will lose some weight? He looked different.

limecoke

limecoke

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 14, 2009 @ 7:09 PM

Just watched the last two episodes. Frankly, this years edition of "Can You Duet?" l lost me when the outcome became clear from the auditions. I thought JB Rocket was far superior in the finale and loved both songs. Those guys have great voices, terrific vocal blend and would be a real addition to the country scene, especially now with Brooks and Dunn hanging it up. There's a huge male duo hole just waiting to be filled. I hope if Big Machine passes on these guys, some other label will grab them.

I never got Steel Magnolias, but I guess it's just a personal thing.

Caitlin and Will looked and sounded great - the weight loss looks good on both.

Naomi bugs the heck out of me on this show so I'm not sure I'd even watch if they do this again. Her grudging prune face after K & K sang made me gag. Gracious to the end, that's Naomi Judd. I still laugh my head off every time I hear "You're Not My Judge". I'm not a huge fan but I hope K & K do well.

Next time, CYD judges, try to hide your preferences a little so the viewer has something to anticipate while watching the show. I thought it was a huge "ho hum" this season. And, by the way, Avalon sucked and had no business being final three.

Edited by limecoke, Aug 14, 2009 @ 7:10 PM.

Hildegard802

Hildegard802

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 9:23 AM

Maybe Caitlin's lost weight, but it's nowhere near what the photoshopping in those promo photos/website would have people believe. Will is still creepy. Can't stand that hair. I had hoped they would have figured out a way to improve his appearance.

Steel Magnolia. Her world-weary act is off-putting, and I strongly detest her voice. He seems like a total asshole.

Occasional Hope

Occasional Hope

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2009 @ 1:20 PM

Caitlin and Will have been dropped from Columbia.

Tiggster

Tiggster

Just Tuned In

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:41 AM

Sixwire Update:

'Can You Duet' house band, Sixwire, have a new album project in the works via Kickstarters. They are collecting pledges and need to raise nearly $20,000 by May 25, 2012 in order to independently release an album of new material. You may also remember Sixwire as the runners up from 'Next Great American Band'. Sixwire's website has a video up about the album project (all on the up-and-up) featuring clips of some awesome new songs. Check them out and, if you like what you hear, pledge and help spread the word. I've heard a lot of fans from the 'NGAB' days say they'd like to buy an album from Sixwire...this could be a great way to make that happen!