4-3: "Day 3" 2008.04.15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

110 replies to this topic

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2008 @ 12:56 PM

From Zap2it:

The contestants race to cook perfectly-plucked chickens; the contestants are asked to serve chicken family-style at the dinner service.

Yountfan

Yountfan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:04 PM

Was it a trick of the eye or did I catch Jason flipping the finger at Gordon after he was cut? I was glancing at the ol' PC and possibly caught it a split second too late.

Ranucci

Ranucci

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:07 PM

Stupid Donkeys. How to you make it to Day 3 without knowing to memorize the menu? Vanessa thinks she's getting a second chance? By my count tomorrow's service will be her fourth chance.

Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:13 PM

Did anyone else burst out in laughter at the obviously over-hyped 'drama' of the promo for next week?

Fiddler1

Fiddler1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:13 PM

Any one of about five people could have gone tonight and made me perfectly happy, but Jason was right up near the top of my list. So long, troll.... Matt can be next, just because he annoys the daylights out me. What a petulant child he looked, throwing things around in the room after the guys lost the challenge. And Corey is SO not all she thinks she is. She's bugging me too. (Then again, nearly everybody is bugging me tonight....I'm in a crabby mood <g>)

I might have been cheered up by the sight of GR riding the mechanical bull, but no....

Big Lob

Big Lob

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:14 PM

Is it just me, or is this show getting more and more embarrassing? I feel Gordon's pain.

Four Star General trying to be a celebrity with the fake customers. Jason quitting and half-assing it after he was dragged back into the game. Vanessa serving raw meat. Ben blaming his incompetence on different techniques. Craig not being able to get bacon done. On and on it went.

When Petrozza is a stand out, something is terribly wrong.

Edited by Big Lob, Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:17 PM.

sunrise65

sunrise65

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:14 PM

I would think all of these contestents (I can't call them cheftestants) would be ashamed of themselves after yet another sucky performance! Didn't the women last year complete 3 or 4 dinner services in a row to start the show? This is pathetic. And seeing dumbass Aaron was ridiculous. What a frickin' goofball. What is he even doing now? Wait, I don't care.

Bye Jason. How do you get to be that age and still be a complete douche? It's incomprehensible! Oh, and Christina, you are not 'great' for not putting Corey up. GR would never have sent her home if you did. You would have looked like a baby if you had, so please recognize, you're not fooling anyone. You're a twit and honestly, I expect your (and Jen's) vindictiveness (word?) will do you in before anything else does Corey in. Let it go! This is a competition, get over yourself. Please don't say how much you don't like Corey again. No one cares.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:15 PM

Ding, dong, the stupid donkey Jason is GONE! There are no words to describe that pustule Jason. If "women" can make the desserts, why couldn't he? What a dickweed. Plus, he holds his cigarette like an idiot. Thank Ramsay he's gone. He whines to go home then says GR hasn't seen what he can do. Wouldn't be surprised if jason flipped off GR. Not so classy, that one.

I really just want to rip out that stud in Vanessa's lower lip. She reminds me of someone from another season, but my mind is blank (similar to many of the contestants). Maybe it was Heather who had what seemed to be a soul patch that was so annoying?

Loved to see Aaron in the restaurant. Total set up, but still. The guys' bus was really funny.

SillyConspiracy

SillyConspiracy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:20 PM

How much credence does Aaron's appearance tonight lend to the theory over in the Aaron thread that he's actually an actor/successful restaurant owner?

Shanya spoke tonight! For the first time I think... ever!

I'm pretty surprised Petrozza was picked as the BoW. Maybe Ramsey doesn't want to give it to Louross too many times, who seems like the only person in this lot with real industry experience/knowhow.

Craig's days are numbered, and I'm really sad that Ben disappointed so much tonight, considering how he rocked it last episode.

Stella MD

Stella MD

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:30 PM

I really just want to rip out that stud in Vanessa's lower lip. She reminds me of someone from another season, but my mind is blank (similar to many of the contestants). Maybe it was Heather who had what seemed to be a soul patch that was so annoying?

She reminds me of last season's Melissa, right down to the ever-worsening, appetite-squelching pustules on a face that is just begging to be pushed into a vat of antibiotics.

LolaLilaLilly

LolaLilaLilly

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:40 PM

Fantastic melt-down tonight. Glad to see Jason go and I too want to rip that stud out of what's her name's lip!

God!

Louross is still my favorite and Bobby actualy impressed me-some tonight.

And what's her blonde name wears a bikini well.

eliza422

eliza422

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:42 PM

OK, there's no way Jason was for real with all his "women cry" and "men butcher meat" and all that...that's got to be scripted, right? I mean, there's no way he could work in a real kitchen and have such douche-ish attitudes towards women, right?

Ug, I was so glad to see him go!!!!! We'll never have to see him in the hot tub again!

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 9:50 PM

She reminds me of last season's Melissa, right down to the ever-worsening, appetite-squelching pustules on a face that is just begging to be pushed into a vat of antibiotics.

YES!!!

Poor Craig.

charmgirl

charmgirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:14 PM

Who was the girl with the ponytail and glasses? I don't remember her. Where in the world did she come from?

Glad to know Cory's not going to let people feel more stupid than she is. DUH!

I was proud of Christina for being a big enough person not to nominate Cory. Smart and mature!

Haveahabit

Haveahabit

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:26 PM

Did anyone else burst out in laughter at the obviously over-hyped 'drama' of the promo for next week?

Is it me or did that look like a hearse? Sheesh.

OK, there's no way Jason was for real with all his "women cry" and "men butcher meat" and all that...that's got to be scripted, right? I mean, there's no way he could work in a real kitchen and have such douche-ish attitudes towards women, right?

This week it sounded completely scripted. Oh well, he's gone. Good riddance.

I really just want to rip out that stud in Vanessa's lower lip.

Yes! Oh, yes! Please.

Wow! You sure hit that right on the head.

butterfly1690

butterfly1690

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:27 PM

Ding, dong, the stupid donkey Jason is GONE! There are no words to describe that pustule Jason. If "women" can make the desserts, why couldn't he? What a dickweed

WORD!! I couldn't be any happier if Gordon took that clever and cut his tiny man parts off as he took the walk of shame. It's not like he is going to be using it anytime in the near future.

I can't believe what babies these people are!! Craig lost the challenge for us so he must go but first lets chuck peppers at him. Real mature. Oh, Ladies, it's a game. People are always going to try to get you out. It's a survival game maybe you should be more concerned with getting your food out correctly so you don't have to worry about going home.

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:32 PM

Who else wanted to see the chickens get themselves kilt live on air?!

<crickets, quiet edging away by board>

Well, it would have been gutsy, that's all I'm saying.

Jason is gone!! I don't know what his deal was--pigs like him usually can't resist chortling and rolling their eyes as they deliver their pearls of wisdom so methinks I smell scripted stuff--but I don't have to worry any more, he's gone!!

Is the brunette with glasses Shayna?

What an idiotic bunch. The men are pathetic and if I want to see a bunch of shallow girls re-enact "Heathers", I can watch SURVIVOR a couple of nights from now.

ETA: To be fair to Melissa (in the only way she deserves it), that was an oil splash burn on her chin last year.

Edited by Caroma, Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:37 PM.

FlamingLocks909

FlamingLocks909

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:45 PM

They didn't force that poor woman wearing the dress to ride that bull, did they? Well I guess it would be worse if she decided to ride it herself. Hope she was wearing panties.

Edited by FlamingLocks909, Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:48 PM.

charmgirl

charmgirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:49 PM

I just don't understand the women saying they're going to pick the men off one-by-one and then trying to do that by seducing them in the hot tub.

I'm equally confused by the men's insistence that Jason sold them out as a team by giving away secrets! WHAT SECRETS!! And exactly how will those secrets help the women win! I just don't know what they're all thinking.

It's not that kind of show -- they're not on Survivor. The best cook wins! It doesn't matter how many secrets are shared with the other team. Ramsey has shown he'll cook off the worst chef -- no matter who gets put up for elimination -- so it's not even about Cory's stupid strategy to get rid of people you don't like.

Just cook good food and don't mess up at your station! Man, they all seem like idiots.

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:55 PM

Just cook good food and don't mess up at your station! Man, they all seem like idiots.

No kidding. I mean, what a bunch of morons. I mean, we're getting yet another fire in the women's station next week. Come on, why do they keep doing that? I have like no one to route for this season so far. They either come off to self absorbed or keep screwing up the most basic dishes in the kitchen. That's three episodes and still not one completed services. I am happy Jason is gone though, ass needed to go from the first episode.

Edited by Readster, Apr 15, 2008 @ 10:56 PM.

telly

telly

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2008 @ 11:15 PM

I think that he's just another reality show "type" like most of this cast. I've been bored for most of the episodes this year, and don't recall it being this bad for previous seasons. Maybe it's because of Top Chef, but I am more interested in the food, than the fake conflicts. I did laugh when Bobby got ripped a new one for waving to the crowd, but beyond that, it just seems derivative and done before.

WanderFree

WanderFree

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 12:02 AM

I get that Craig's performance meant that the men couldn't win the chopping contest, but GR should have inspected the rest. Might have cut down a few attitudes. Somehow I imagine that there would have been a few more decimated chicken bits there.

Number6

Number6

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 12:12 AM

The alleged contestants on this season are the worst of the lot. Raw fish? Raw meat? Egads. I was waiting for Grrr to give us a "you'll KILL somebody!"

VNutt

VNutt

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 12:15 AM

Who else wanted to see the chickens get themselves kilt live on air?!

<crickets, quiet edging away by board>

Me! Me!

After what Gordon has done on BBC recently.... I have to think he was really, and rightfully, standing above everyone else there about being squeamish about butchering their own food.

NickCarraway

NickCarraway

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 12:19 AM

Is it just me, or is this show getting more and more embarrassing? I feel Gordon's pain.

Pain, schmain. The more I watch, the more I think his motivation is based on one or more of the following: huge paycheck, chance to plug his restaurants, desire to ham it up for the camera or desire to scream and yell with impunity at people who will be too cowed to shove a sharpening steel right between his eyes. It can't possibly be because of his love of food or cooking; the Springer-esque levels this show rises to should make any true chef wither with embarrassment. Whatever genuine competition and talent peek above the ground is immediately crushed by the antics of the contestants' egos and the Let's Make a Deal stunts.

Okay, now that that's out of the way...

Any other My Name Is Earl fans expect Grr to follow "Wakey, wakey" with "Hands off snakey"? Then with the live chicken lesson, I half-expected Crabman to walk in and sing "Please respect the meat. (Even in Crete)"

I almost expected them to go through with slaughtering the chickens considering that Grr has shown animals being slaughtered on The F Word. But that's still a little too intense for American TV, and even for Fox.

Bard Sinister

Bard Sinister

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 12:29 AM

It's "Day Three," which means the contestants have been in HK for 6 days (service is every other day). At each service, Gordon asks someone what is on the menu. Shouldn't that be a clue that everyone should memorize what the 15 dishes are and which garnishes accompany them? I'm talking to you, Jason.

Did I hear wrong that they 2 hours into service when Jason came back down and still could not recite the desserts? Maybe I am obsessive, but if I learned I was going to compete on HK, I would have Googled Gordon, and looked at all of the recipes he has had brigades cook on HK and The F-Word. The F-Word has videos of Gordon cooking the chocolate fondants and his prize-winning "Fanny" making a chocolate souffle.

I did chuckle when GRrr started pounding his head on the counter over Jason's souffle debacle. I wonder what he would have done if he had seen Jason take the creme brulees out of the refrigerator and put them in the oven?

This is a truly disappointing group of contestants. Keith in season 2 was obnoxious, but at least he could cook fairly consistently.

CalAggie

CalAggie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 12:38 AM

Can animals be slaughtered on American TV? I was wondering how they were going to get away with them actually killing on TV. But I was not shocked since this is the same guy who had his kids -- all under 7 -- raise to slaughter first turkeys then piglets. But had they aired life executions of fowls, Fox and the the set for HK would have been torched, and Grrr's life threatened.

SillyConspiracy: I wondered about Aaron last year, ; I thought he was a plant because he just seemed so out of his league, I was expecting him to hang on and for them to milk it out; however, he had to leave with no big reveal, so I figured I had been wrong wrong. But the fact he was on tonight? I would expect anyone but him -- I was hoping for Julia when they mentioned a surprise guest from last season.

The show is really getting hard to watch. I just wonder if it is a set up and they want everyone to be so utterly bad and then have this big metamorphosis for dramatic effect, or they pick the worst because they want drama, and as someone said Jerry Springer-esque contestants.
Why couldn't we have Grrr and JP on TC. Then I would not have to watch this and feel dirty.

Edited by CalAggie, Apr 16, 2008 @ 12:41 AM.

maatkare

maatkare

Fanatic

• Interests:&quot;Modern Family,&quot; &quot;Mad Men,&quot; &quot;30 Rock,&quot; mystery novels, old movies, tootin' around on my folding bike, dayhikes in Griffith Park, never met a hamburger or spicy tuna roll I didn't like. And vodka.

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 12:54 AM

That's what I thought last week! I know there are plenty of sexist dudes, but his was so over the top it didn't feel real at all.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 1:34 AM

Well, it looks like Petrozza will join Louross on my favorites list, simply because he nominated Jason. That's good enough for me, as far as I'm concerned.

Way to go, Jason, you asshole. You were such an incompetent fool, you actually made Gordon start banging his head on a table. I hope you are proud of yourself, jerk. And thanks for scarring me, at the hottube scene. I think his man-boobs might have been bigger then Corey's regular boobs.

As much as I enjoy Gordon cussing out these idiots, this is starting to get silly. Did TPTB go out and find the most incompetent people they could find, and tell them to pretend they are cooks? Because, I am not impressed with anyone. By episode 3 last season, people like Jen, Melissa and Rock could be annoying, but I at least got the sense they knew what the hell they were doing. I don't think I would trust any one of these "cooks" (except maybe Louross or Petrozza) with anything, even mac & cheese.

I think this Corey vs. Christina feud is just beginning, and I'm already bored. Wasn't impressed with Corey last week, but Christina is just coming off lame, whenever she tries to be "tough." I'm hoping for a double-boot, personally.

Cherry Wire

Cherry Wire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2008 @ 1:58 AM

I just don't understand the women saying they're going to pick the men off one-by-one and then trying to do that by seducing them in the hot tub.

ITA. I don't get it either. This was the most dumb-assed thing I noticed this season so far, and there were plenty to choose from.

It's almost like all these people can think is, "It's a reality show, therefore I'll use the Big Brother strategy". It seems like just about every reality show, even the ones where this strategy is ridiculously misplaced, features someone who thinks they can form alliances, seduce their enemies, "pick them off" one-by-one, and cruise to the win.

All that's left is for someone to show up on "American Idol" with that game plan. (Hell, we'll probably see people go on "Jeopardy" with that plan before too long...)