HTTP/1.0 200 OK Server: Apache X-Powered-By: PHP/5.4.13 Link: ; rel=shortlink x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block X-Frame-Options: sameorigin Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Cache-Control: max-age=300 Expires: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:33:44 GMT Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:28:44 GMT Content-Length: 32223 Connection: close Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=8ce33f174d0d00009c555053b8450800f1e80000; path=/

Dance Rehab: You Know You're Addicted to Dancing with the Stars when...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

13 replies to this topic

wilibald

wilibald

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2008 @ 5:50 PM

We may not be ex-Dancing with the Stars' stars like Lisa Rinna, Harry Hamlin, Laila Ali, Tucker Carlson, or Kenny Mayne; but some of us may also need to check into the Happy Thoughts Dance Rehab Center to cure us of spontaneous Paso Doble and other symptoms of addiction to the show.

Just today I referenced Dancing with the Stars while teaching a group of 1st graders. We were reading a book and the word "jive" appeared. My immediate thought was of Dancing with the Stars and the jives of Louis and Derek. None of the students knew what the word meant, so I asked, "How many of you watch Dancing with the Stars?" All of them raised their hands. I told them how some of the dances this week were jives: fun, upbeat, and bouncy with the flicky kicks. I nearly demonstrated a jive right there in the classroom to help them understand the term, but resorted to doing a finger jive on the table. The kids left the group with knowledge of a new vocabulary word and of their teacher's addiction to Dancing with the Stars.

Please share stories of how Dancing with the Stars has affected your life to help others cope with their addictions. Remember, you are not alone. It's ok, the Paso Doble is the best dance.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Apr 2, 2008 @ 8:07 PM

Heh. I totally own this thread.

You konw you're addicted to DWTS when you spend hours scouring the Internet for different versions of the show, watch up to three or four different versions during the same week, know as much about the pros, the celebs and the judges in Germany, Romania, or Belgium as you do about Maks, Jonathan, Anna, or Cheryl in the US, and wish you could vote online in every. single. competition.

Edited by legaleagle44, Apr 2, 2008 @ 8:08 PM.

loveisthedrug

loveisthedrug

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2008 @ 11:50 PM

...when you download random-ass songs that you would never download otherwise just because your favorite couple danced to it (why else would I have that "My Darling Clementine" song on my iPod?).

LadyEight

LadyEight

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2008 @ 12:42 PM

When you see dance shoes like the ones they wear on DWTS in a catalog, and you think about how even though you will not fit into a dress like they wear and you will never have anywhere to go in such a dress. But then you start thinking that maybe you can wear those shoes ... with jeans ...

And in between commercials, maybe you spin a little or get into a hold with an imaginary partner and do a few steps on the way to the laundry.

Edited by LadyEight, Apr 5, 2008 @ 4:26 PM.

Prettyeyes

Prettyeyes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2008 @ 10:38 AM

When you never look at a mango the same way again, because of Steve Guttenberg and Jonathan Roberts.

SnarkMeister

SnarkMeister

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2008 @ 7:33 PM

You know you're addicted to DWTS when...

Someone asks you for help naming their male babies and the only names you can think of are things like "Fabian", "Tony" and "Jonathan".

You listen to music and find yourself thinking, "Oh! That would SO make a great foxtrot/paso doble/rumba/samba/whatever."

You watch more for the pros than for the celebrities.

dc chick

dc chick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2008 @ 7:49 AM

When, after buying an 80s compilation cd (shut up!) that happens to have Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go on it, you hear the song and can picture every move to Tony and Stacey's jive...and then wonder why the song runs long after you runs out of moves in your head. Yes, that happened to me.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Apr 11, 2008 @ 11:15 AM

When you're out grocery shopping, hear "Neutron Dance" come on over the store's music channel, and have to fight the urge to break out into a Quickstep in the shampoo aisle.

Aylo

Aylo

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2008 @ 10:08 AM

You listen to music and find yourself thinking, "Oh! That would SO make a great foxtrot/paso doble/rumba/samba/whatever."

Not only do you think the song would make a great (insert dance), but you then procede to choreography the dance in your mind.

I just did this this morning on my way to work :)

Edited by Aylo, May 5, 2008 @ 10:08 AM.

bettified

bettified

Channel Surfer

Posted May 5, 2008 @ 6:57 PM

When you make a Dancing with the Stars fanvid.

Link:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pQ8bu1ylMCU

Edited by bettified, May 5, 2008 @ 6:57 PM.

teevee

teevee

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2008 @ 3:08 PM

Haha, seriously.

When your dreams accurately predict scores and eliminations. Happened to me week 6 of last season. Weird, I tell ya.

Edited by teevee, May 8, 2008 @ 3:09 PM.

sab85

sab85

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2008 @ 11:28 PM

Oh god yes. In the past few weeks I have caught myself thinking "Wow, they should really use this for the rumba" and "that would make a kick ass paso." And then proceeded to listen to the songs several times in a row.

Also when you have a dream about DWTS. A totally nonsensical and random dream, but awesome none the less. Apparently I was running The Amazing Race (what?? I don't know) and was flying Air Finland (no idea if that even exists) and was trying to get a faster flight from either JFK or Heathrow (apparently I wasn't real sure what country I was in) somewhere faster (have never been to either airports). I was sitting at a round computer terminal center when lo and behold who sat across from me but Maurice and Cheryl, she on his lap. She may have been in a dancing outfit, he was definitely in street clothes and she tried to talk me down (apparently I was very frustrated with trying to get these flights). For some reason I also think Derek Hough was there in the background bouncing around and doing those fantastic aerial spins he does super-fast and basically just spazzing everywhere. And that folks is when you know that DWTS has completely saturated your brain, when it shows up in your subconscious.

airneri

airneri

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 14, 2009 @ 10:40 PM

You Know You're Addicted to Dancing with the Stars when...

...you find yourself surfing the net for hours (and hours) looking for photos of the new season, but instead you find THIS! (Warning: SHOCKING!)

Edited by airneri, Feb 14, 2009 @ 10:42 PM.

DWTSaddict

DWTSaddict

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 31, 2009 @ 4:18 PM

You know you're addicted when...

There's a lady sitting ridiculously close to me, talking to herself about Dancing With the Stars.by http://twitter.com/iKarlee