The Tribe Has Amnesia: 1001 Dumb Survivor Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

194 replies to this topic

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

I guess when I said, "No one knows who the tie is between or if itís 4-4-1 or 3-3-3," I was referring to Yul, Ozzy and Becky themselves and NOT the jury who've been locked up at Ponderosa. But point taken ... so, are you saying that Probst would come out and treat it like any other tie (where, during the revote, the jury would only be allowed to vote for those that are actually tied)? If that was the case, would you want Becky to be allowed to vote now, too? Or just the nine original jurors voting only for Yul and Ozzy?

The 3-3-3 vote is the thing that drives me crazy, as is the FvF envelope.

Fina 2 vs. Final 3 ... I know that they want more unpredictability after so many of the early seasons' drama essentially ending with either the best player getting eliminated at Final 3 for being too big a threat (Lex, Kathy, Cesternino, Fairplay, Rafe, Cirie) OR the dominator winning and bringing their goat for the blowout (Sandra ... even though Lill picked HER, Tom, Danni, JT ... even though Stephen really wasn't a goat). But come on ... Tom crushing Katie, Jenna crushing Matt, Sandra crushing Lill didn't ruin the season after such the entertaining ride to get there.

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:37 AM

Does anybody who knows more about the behind-the-scenes than I do (which is to say, anybody) know how integral Probst's continued hosting is to future seasons of the show? I read elsewhere something that implied the show wouldn't go on if Probst didn't keep renewing his deal, which struck me as weird. I think Jeff's a good host (better than a producer, for sure), but I don't think he's irreplaceable. I think there are any number of past contestants, just to name one pool of candidates, who'd be fine hosts. I hear Penner mentioned a lot in that conversation. Or. Or.

Host: "If any of you idiots who don't know how to play this game have an immunity idol, now is the time to play it."
Contestant: *plays idol*
"Did you just play an idol? Did you just play an idol? Idols are what *I* do. *I* find idols. *I'm Russell Hantz.* I will vote you out of this game right now."
"...you don't have a vote. You're the host."
"That's right. I'm the host. You're not the host. I'm the host. I'm Russell Hantz. The host of Survivor. The sole host of Survivor. The sole Survivor. The best host this game has ever seen. That punk Probst had nothing on me. I voted him out. Just like I'll vote you out."
Burnett pops up: "This isn't working out. You're fired."
"There is a flaw in the host-selection process. I am still the host. I will give you ten dollars right now. I don't have to be on the show. Just give me the title of host. *cries*"

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:09 AM

Har. Penner, Cesternino, and Eliza would all make fantastic hosts, I think.

Bob Sambob

Bob Sambob

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:58 PM

Jeff Probst talks ties with Gordon Holmes.

TookiClothespin

TookiClothespin

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 12:52 AM

Two questions:

1) Is there any behind-the-scenes footage anywhere (like on a DVD extra or the CBS website?). I'm not talking about extra scenes or interviews... I'm interested in footage that would show the crew, challenge set-up, things like that.

2) I've been lurking on this forum for far too long to be asking this question, but: How/why did Jeff acquire the name "Peachy"?

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 1:18 AM

Read the first couple recaps (as in, of the series), I think it's from one of them. Originally it was "Just Peachy."

marv

marv

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 14, 2013 @ 11:51 AM

Apologies if this has been covered, but after the Caramoan finale, I have to ask: with Dawn and Sherri each getting zero votes at Final Tribal Council, how is it determined which of them came in second, and which was third? Did they each get $100,000? Did neither of them get it?

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2013 @ 12:00 PM

They split the second and third place money, so both get $92,500

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2013 @ 7:30 PM

And I'm assuming that "officially" they tied for second.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 6:06 AM

Why officially? They do tie for second period since they both came in second place to the winner.

Are you sure elightenedbum? I thought that in Fiji Cassandra and Dream both received 100 000 (or was it infered because Yau said he received the thrid place prize) but I could be wrong or maybe they changed the rules once they realized they could (and have had) a tie for second with the F3.

riley702

riley702

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 4:20 PM

Why officially? They do tie for second period since they both came in second place to the winner.

Then why don't they both receive second place moola? And nobody receive third place cash, and then resume payouts for fourth, fifth, etc.?

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 6:56 PM

Well, I don't think we know how much they actually received for sure.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 1:07 PM

Are you sure elightenedbum? I thought that in Fiji Cassandra and Dream both received 100 000 (or was it infered because Yau said he received the thrid place prize) but I could be wrong or maybe they changed the rules once they realized they could (and have had) a tie for second with the F3.

Pretty sure I saw Dawn say so in one of her interviews.  Hitfix's probably?

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted May 16, 2013 @ 7:54 PM

Dawn said it in her EW interview with Dalton Ross.

Isuzu

Isuzu

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 12:22 AM

Thanks for the info enlightenedbum and Pembleton! It kinda sucks because they did come second ex aequo but I guess it makes sense if they want to save money :-)