Dancing With YOUR Stars: Pick Your Ultimate Lineup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

20 replies to this topic

Mister Alex

Mister Alex

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 26, 2008 @ 8:45 AM

For some reason, while watching DWTS I feel compelled to wonder what it would be like if I got to choose next season's lineup of stars. Then I found myself fine-tuning the roster in my head on my way to work. Are there others like me? Do you have a "Dream Lineup" of celebrities that you would cast on this show if you could? Then please share and let me know I'm not the only crazy person out here. What is your personal ULTIMATE DWTS LINEUP??

NOTE - for my roster, I've tried to have a bit of a mixture of actors/athletes/etc, with limited success; I certainly don't demand others follow suit. Similarly, I've tried to have a bit of "balance", i.e. no obvious winner... otherwise Christopher Walken and/or Antonio Banderas would be on there, but clearly they would crush any opposition with their awesome dancing skill and tremendous fan base, so it just wouldn't be fair. Maybe they can do a special mano-a-mano dance-off special.

MY ULTIMATE ROSTER:

THE MEN:

Chow Yun-Fat, international acting superstar best known for John Woo films and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"
Daniel Negreanu, two-time World Series of Poker champion, nicknamed "Kid Poker"
Naveen Andrews, best known for playing "Sayid" on Lost, and who can bring the suave when required
Nathan Fillion, TV and film actor fanatically worshipped by some as "Captain Mal" and vaguely discernable by others as that guy from Desperate Housewives
Alex Rios, All-Star right fielder for the Toronto Blue Jays
Kurt Russell, ruggedly charming 80s film icon... but can he dance?

THE WOMEN:

Giada de Laurentiis, renowned chef, host of Everyday Italian, possessor of gigantic smile
Grace Park, actress best known for playing "Sharon" on Battlestar Galactica
Amanda Beard, Two-time Gold-medal-winning Olympic swimmer
Aishwarya Rai, hey, it's another international acting superstar, Roger Ebert's pick as Most Beautiful Woman Alive
Tanya Memme, host of "Sell This House" and former Miss Canada
Freema Agyeman, actress best known as "Martha Jones" on the current Doctor Who

Who would win?... well, tough call (see note above). My hunch would be Chow Yun-Fat... the guy knows how to move. Then again, you have Aishwarya Rai and her Bollywood experience. Guess there's only one way to find out! Tune in next season to see how they all do!.... ah, if only.

P.S.: I know there's a "Stars wish list" forum in the General Gabbery, but that seemed to be more for speculating on individual people and whether or not they might actually appear; whereas this seemed a better place for creating full-fledged rosters without worrying about actual plausibility. So, what's YOUR dream lineup?

Edited by Mister Alex, Mar 26, 2008 @ 9:29 AM.

john907

john907

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2008 @ 12:39 PM

This looks like fun, I wanna join!

THE MEN:

Michael Jordan, NBA legend and superstar
Tom Selleck, TV and film actor best known as Magnum PI
Brad Paisley, Grammy winning country singer
Steve Kmetko, TV host and reporter, best known from his E! days
Andre Agassi, Olympic gold medalist and former #1 tennis player
Richard Dean Anderson, TV and film actor best known as MacGyver

THE WOMEN:

Jaclyn Smith, TV and film actress best known as one of Charlie's Angels
Deborah Gibson, teen pop icon during the '80s and the youngest person to write, produce, and perform a #1 Billboard hit single
Nigella Lawson, English food writer and cookery programme host
Phoebe Cates, actress best known in Fast Times in Ridgemont High and Gremlins
Mia Hamm, soccer player and two time olympic gold medalist with USA women's national team
Holly Marie Combs, actress best known as Piper Halliwell from Charmed

I don't know who the front runner will be, but I had a feeling that Deborah Gibson, Mia Hamm, Andre Agassi and Steve Kmetko might do very well. Come on TPTB, make my ultimate lineup a reality! Please?

rue bee

rue bee

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2008 @ 5:26 PM

If we're going to go crazy --

Men:
Brother Ali, world's most famous albino rapper
Dave Chapelle, comedian, man of mystery
Paul Dano, actor
Al Gore, noble prizer winner, former VP, Environmental advocate
Steve Jobs, head of Apple, industry innovator
Derek Jeter, New York Yankee

Women:
Salma Hayek, actress, producer
Michelle Kwan, US figure skating champion
Natalie Maines, Dixie chick
Condeleeza Rice, soon-to-be former Sec of State
Kate Walsh, actress
Betty White, Golden Girl

Edited by rue bee, Apr 5, 2008 @ 5:40 PM.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2008 @ 12:54 AM

Oh, what fun! As for going crazy, I'm going to pick people I'd really love to see there, even if there isn't a prayer of it happening. I'm also going to steal a couple of selections from some of you brilliant people.

MEN

Joaquin Phoenix - Yeah, I know, not a chance in hell, but I'd love to see him paired with Karina for some hot, hot Latin action.

Doug Flutie - One of the cutest pro quarterbacks ever, and, by all accounts a gracious and kind man. I'd put him with Cheryl Burke, who has already shown she knows what to do with a football player.

Naveen Andrews - Put him with Edyta Sliwinska, please. The combined sex appeal, IMHO, would be off the charts.

Lindsay Buckingham - Fleetwood Mac's guitarist/singer/producer is still great looking and looks to be in fine shape. He's got musicality, but his strong opinions are bound to bring fireworks. Bring back Charlotte Jorgensen - she'll tame him!

Dan Rather - Token old guy, non-performer, his famous 'Texas-isms' will collide with Bruno's tangled metaphors and laughs will [maybe] ensue. And he's supposed to be a complete gentleman. I think he and Kym Johnson would make a great team.

Josh Duhamel - Now that "Las Vegas" is cancelled, maybe he'd come back to ABC for a few months. Put his sexy swagger with Julianne Hough's 'world of cute' and they might go all the way to the top, if he can actually dance.

WOMEN

Shohreh Aghdashloo - Iranian film & television actress, best known for her work in House of Sand and Fog and the tv series "24". I'd pair her with Nick Kosovich and watch the sophistication and elegance flow.

Padma Lakshmi - The "Top Chef" hostess/judge and cookbook author is beautiful and I suspect she moves well. She has this image among some TWoPpers of being stoned most of the time, and I'd love to see what kind of persona she brings when she's a competitor rather than a judge. I think I'd put her with Jonathan Roberts.

Danica Patrick - The Indy circuit racer who also graced the "Sports Illustrated" swimsuit edition. I see her partnered with Maksim - she's tough enough to stand up to him, sexy enough to make it exciting to watch; he does his best work with tough minded partners who also know how to be feminine.

Kate Walsh - Another theft. I'd pair her with Louis van Amstel.

Emmy Rossum Actress/singer who starred in the film version of Phantom of the Opera, so maybe she'd be considered a ringer, but I haven't seen her do anything like ballroom/latin. I think she and Derek Hough would be dreamy together.

Judi Dench Another impossible dream. But wouldn't she be wonderful? I could see her with any of the pros, but am leaning towards Tony Dovolani.

Now, the big problem for me is I'd have no idea who to root for, and I'd cry at each and every elimination.

Edited by TudorQueen, Apr 29, 2008 @ 12:57 AM.

loveisthedrug

loveisthedrug

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2008 @ 11:02 AM

Josh Duhamel - Now that "Las Vegas" is cancelled, maybe he'd come back to ABC for a few months. Put his sexy swagger with Julianne Hough's 'world of cute' and they might go all the way to the top, if he can actually dance.

Ooo, now THIS pairing would make my TV (and my head) explode from all the HOTNESS. Good one, TudorQueen.

(Are you reading this, ABC interns???)

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2008 @ 8:02 PM

I totally forgot a candidate - William Shatner. Once, watching him on that shortlived game show where he danced with the contestants after they lost, I decided that most shows could be improved with a touch of Shatner, and began to wish he had the time to do DWTS. So if one of the men on my list says no, call Shatner.

loveisthedrug

loveisthedrug

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2008 @ 8:57 PM

Was that game show "Show Me the Money"? Julianne was one of the dancers on that show.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2008 @ 10:27 PM

Yes, it was! I don't remember Julianne at all, but then again it was a pretty bad show, enlivened for me by Shatner's sympathy for the contestants when they lost, his enthusiasm for being there, and, well, his consolation 'dance-off'

HotBlooded

HotBlooded

Couch Potato

• Interests:30 Rock, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, CSI, Ugly Betty, House

Posted May 6, 2008 @ 8:44 PM

Hmm, this is a tricky question. I think I'm going to take a page out of TudorQueen's book and ignore the fact that a few of these people are probably not ever going to be on DWTS. Also, they're mostly comedians with a few drama actors thrown in for the illusion of some sort of balance.

I couldn't come up with a whole season of ringers, so I'm tossing out the challenge to collectively build our ultimate ringers season. One guy and one girl each. My pick at the end.

MEN
Jon Stewart - If we want the funny, why must we resort to Penn or Adam? Let's just bring in Jon! Cute, funny, and I suspect not half bad with the rhythm. Also, I give him Julianne, because I like her, or Anna because both she and Julianne are only 5'4", so I don't think they'd run into too much of a problem with Jon's height.

Stephen Colbert - Stephen vs. Jon. The comedic possibilities. But the question remains, should he be Stephen or "Stephen"?

Alec Baldwin - Not exactly the token old dude, but certainly an older dude. And he's pretty funny. And I think he would actually do pretty well.

Ichiro Suzuki - Plays center fielder for the Seattle Mariners (why yes, I'm from Seattle. Why do you ask?) I'm not big into sports, but Ichiro has the grace of an athlete and seems like a pretty cool dude. So I'm tossing him into the ring.

Neil Patrick Harris It would be legen -wait for it- dary! NPH, for anyone who might not know, was Doogie Howser, is Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother, and Neil Patrick Harris of Harold and Kumar.

Tim Gunn - Imagine his partner's costumes! They'd be fantastic. And since Lifetime is owned by ABC and Project Runway has apparently moved to Lifetime, they could have a crossover. The challenge is to create a costume for your female pro/celeb!

WOMEN
Tina Fey - I don't care if this is too many comedians. To see her, Jon, and Stephen go head-to-head (sorta) would cause my TV to combust with awesomeness. Plus, she could be the Jennie for the season. (minus the whole lack-of-self-confidence thing.) She'd have an improvement arc and they could give her Derek. Because I like Derek and think he should finally get a cool pro, like Tina Fey.

Amy Poehler - I know, I know, I've already got my comedy quota and then some. But Tina vs. Amy vs. Jon vs. Stephen? I'd combust from the awesomeness.

America Ferrara - She's curvy, so she'd be able to represent a different body type, but she also seems like the type to genuinely have fun with this.

Gillian Anderson - I can't come up with a reason beyond "I think Gillian Anderson is awesome." So that's my reason. I think Gillian Anderson is awesome.

Ellen DeGeneres - She likes to dance right? I'm running out of ideas here, but I mostly think it would be hilarious to see her all glammed up and shot with the makeup-gun and wearing one of those dresses. Plus she seems like the sort of person that won't take this too seriously, but will take it somewhat seriously.

Heidi Klum - She wouldn't run into the problem of having no fanbase, and I'd like to see how a model that is pretty much a household name would do. Because let's face it, Josie Maran, Albert Reed, and even Paulina Porizkova are not models that most people know right off the top of their head (at least now. I know Paulina was pretty popular at the height of her modeling career.) I picked Heidi because I have this small thought that Giselle might turn out to be a wee diva-licious. And I know that Tyra Banks would be totally and completely bats**t. And that would be entertaining for about two seconds, then I would hate her more than usual.

I'm editing this to throw in an alternate: I want to see Lauren Jackson of the Seattle Storm. She's 6'5". I wanna see what a girl that tall can do.

RINGERS
John Travolta - He's gotten somewhat less attractive since the days of Grease, but he's trained to dance and so we'd at least get some good dances out of him.

Debbie Reynolds - Again, we'd get good dances out of her. And I know she can dance.

Edited by HotBlooded, May 20, 2008 @ 2:05 AM.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 2:13 PM

I would absolutely watch your season.

harvestbasket

harvestbasket

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2008 @ 9:14 PM

I love your casting HotBlooded. But I would like to switch the ringers to Peter Gallagher and Jasmine Guy. Either way, love that cast list HotBlooded.

All is peachy

All is peachy

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2008 @ 12:22 AM

I would tune in just for Tim Gunn.

PerkyPaso

PerkyPaso

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 26, 2008 @ 10:47 PM

I would tune in just for Tim Gunn.

I'm not sure my television could contain the awesomeness that would be Tim Gunn on DWTS.

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2009 @ 10:43 PM

Oooh, sounds like fun!

The Men:
1. Nicholas Lea, aka Alex Krycek. 'Cause he can bring the sexy, in a silver-fox-without-the-silver sorta way.
2. Phil Keoghan. I'd love to have a reality host, and even though Probst is infinitely more likely, there's something about the vision of him dancing that makes me want to hurl.
3. Jason Dohring.
4. John Jarratt, the serial killer from Wolf Creek.
5. World-champion diver Alexandre Despatie. It's just well-known enough as a sport that he'd have a fanbase, but it's still obscure enough to make him a relative unknown.
6. Completely for no reason, Bjorn Ulvaeus from Abba.

The Women:
7. Shohreh Aghdashloo. Seconded.
8. Betty White.
9. Rose McGowan.
10. Raven-Symone.
11. Bristol Palin. Might want to make the judge's desk bulletproof, though.
12. Catherine Tate.

haza88

haza88

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2010 @ 12:59 PM

Love the idea of this - have an idea in mind!

DANCING WITH THE STARS '11
In my line-up I have an Olympic superstar, a mysterious housewife, a hilarious TV personality, America's favourite actress, 90210's bipolar babe, Ohio's most controversial cheerleader, An interior designer turned con artist, Beverly Hills' best known principal, The true star of The Bachelor, One more of The Osmonds, America's wildest snowboarder, the trustworthy talk show host, a football sensation, and Disney's 'So Random' superstar.

THE GIRLS
Joannie Rochette - Vancouver's very own 'crying girl' is also a brilliant ice skater, who tend to do well on this show. She would probably be paired with Derek if he does return.

Drea De Matteo - Coming straight from Wisteria Lane, Drea wouldn't be the best of the dancers, but would give everything a bit of sass.

Kathy Griffin - We would get some great routines (performance-wise) from Kathy, and we would probably keep her in for a long time.

Gabourey Sibide - Same as above - this girl really loves to shake her thang and could be a Niecy Nash Mark II.

Jessica Stroup - Her storylines on 90210 would help her in dramatic dances like the Paso and Tango. Most likely, she will get to the semi finals or even finals, just like Jennie Garth and Ian Ziering, but there are some chances of her being a Doherty.

Dianna Agron - Unlikely with her hectic Glee schedule, but Dianna could be the best female dancer of the bunch.

Emma Samms - I could see a graceful ballroom dancer come alive with Emma. Jane Seymour all over again, perhaps?

THE BOYS
Rob Estes - I know that Rob is leaving 90210, and really gives everything he does 150% effort.

Chris Harrison - Chris is similar to The Pavelka, apart from the popularity department. He could be one to look out for, but he could also be a trainwreck at times, and voted off early.

Jimmy Osmond - A born entertainer. That's all I will say. Star Quality!

Seth Wescott - Louie Vito has given him tips, and it could be a real possibility. I loved watching him in VC 2010, so will he do me proud?

Montel Williams - Not a great dancer, but people will immediately be on his side, because he is a lovable man.

Terrell Owens - Link - Shouted At By - Season 9 Semi-Finalist - Joanna Krupa - Derek Hough - JULIANNE HOUGH, perhaps?

Brandon Mychal Smith - We need another Disney Star soon, because they usually do quite well (I'm talking about you, Miss Coleman)

WINNER PREDICTION: Joannie Rochette or Jimmy Osmond, with Gabourey Sibide right behind them.
NEW MEMBER OF THE LOSERS CLUB? Drea De Matteo or Montel Williams, I have to say.

jennifer6973

jennifer6973

Fanatic

Posted Mar 9, 2011 @ 8:08 AM

I have decided that I'm going to go for a mini season of just men named Mark

Mark Harmon
Mark Hamill
Mark Wahlberg
Mark Paul Gosselar
Mark Valley
Marc Singer

Edited by jennifer6973, Mar 9, 2011 @ 8:12 AM.

Canmander

Canmander

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2011 @ 4:49 AM

Fun!

Men
1. Michael Phelps- The Olympic Gold Medallist. How does that insane swimmer's body translate onto the dance floor? I would like to find out.

2. Lee Pace- The Hot, Younger/Lesser Known Actor. Formerly of Pushing Daisies (on ABC!). I miss seeing him every week, and I bet he would be beyond dapper in a fox trot.

3. Emilio Estevez- The Brat Packer. Always my favorite Estevez brother.

4. Michael Kenneth Williams- The Dark Horse. Omar from The Wire! I know not many people have watched that show; but people who know Omar, LOVE Omar, and I think he could win the audience over. And then maybe more people would decide to watch The Wire, and the world would be a better place. He was a backup dancer when he was younger, but we can always apply the old "but ballroom dance is toootally different from what I used to do!" rule here.

5. Malcolm Jamal Warner- The Beloved '80s Sitcom Star. Theo!! What are you doing right now anyway? Who wouldn't love to watch him on TV?!

6. Wayne Gretzky- The Hockey Legend. I don't know how much current overlap there is between DWTS watchers and rabid hockey fans, but if anything could change that, it would be the appearance of The Great One.

Bonus Possible Silver Fox Category:
a) Alan Alda- He's 75 now, so watching him try to practice the jive without hurting himself could be painful. But I love him!
b) Victor Garber- He has done a lot of Broadway, but I don't know how much of it is dancing-related. I have no doubt he'd be immensely entertaining to watch.

Women
1. Lisa Loeb- The '90s Musician. She's got such a distinctive look that even people who might not have known her music will be able to pick her out as the cute girl with the glasses.

2. Sasha Cohen- The Olympic Figure Skater who, like Michelle Kwon, was brilliant without ever being able to make it happen for the gold. Maybe without the pressure of landing jumps, she'd be able to loosen up and have some fun.

3. Felicia Rashad- The Older Actress. Cosby reunion! I didn't know until last year that her sister is choreographer/actress Debbie Allen. But does she dance? Clair Huxtable remains one of my feminist icons.

4. Melissa Gilbert- The '70s Child Star. How strange would it be to see a 40-something Laura Ingalls covered in spray tan and sequins, doing a samba?

5. Mia Hamm- The Women's Soccer Legend. Apparently, she was born with a club foot, which didn't seem to hurt her in cleats, though dance shoes may be a different story.

6. Alicia Silverstone- The '90s Teen Actress. Probably not very good, but I have endless love for Clueless. And she did kind of dance in those Aerosmith videos, right?

Edited by Canmander, Mar 29, 2011 @ 4:51 AM.

ashleigh12

ashleigh12

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2011 @ 1:10 PM

I was about to start a thread just like this! Going to take it a step further and pair up my celebs with pros! I'm going to have a fairly ringer-heavy season, because I really just have no interest in the Wozniaks of the bunch. I give him/them credit for getting up there and putting in the effort, but the first three-four episodes of the season are always so painful, with the crowd's forced applause.

Sylvester Stallone- I adore this guy, but I feel like he might be a decent dark horse, with some hidden grace and talent (ala John O'Hurley). I'd pair him with Cheryl (and in my book, these are huge compliments to both of them).

Jason Priestley- its practically becoming a tradition for 90210 alums anyway. I think hed do well with ballroom, and have the typical White Man issues with hip action, but overall have that nice, gentlemanly attitude. Id pair him with Chelsie. She does well in the role of kid sister.

Ingo Rademacher- ex-soap star. Id put him with Kym, fellow Aussie and that would be a lot of blond prettiness together.

Russell Peters- could we GET him? He breakdanced as a kid, so hes got rhythm, and I could see him with Lacey. Theyd sure cook up a wild freestyle, if they got that far.

Teddy Bruschi- showing my hometown pride here! Anna, of course, is Ms. Football Player, but even so, I think she always does fabulously with these partnerships. I think she likes working with the athletes too.

Chris Kirkpatrick- also showing my nostalgia for NSYNC. Karina, and this is kind of an oddball pairing. Theyd either love or hate each other but it would be entertaining. Hes kind of out of shape now, but I remember that he was a pretty good dancer in the boyband days. (It was him and JC doing the flips in Tearin Up My Heart).

Jennifer Lopez- yes, I know RINGER! But she doesn't have ballroom training, so she could easily pull the hip-hop is nothing like the foxtrot excuse they all pull. I would pair her with Maks. She can easily stand up to him, and he seems to do well with women trying to give a little kick of 'getting their groove back'.

Kelly Clarkson- this is totally going off of last night and Kelly's huge crush on Tristan. I want to see more! And I bet she'd be great with connecting to the audience and the musicality of each piece, even if she wasn't a natural with posture and technique.

Kim Cattrall- she is close to 60, I believe, but in fantastic shape, and Im sure she would be a great performer. Id put her with Tony. And I imagine that Tony is exactly the kind of guy that Samantha Jones would want-take-have. And maybe Gilles would come back as a sort of all-star to help out!

Kathy Griffin- I think someone else said her, but I would love it all the same. Id put her with Derek, because as much as I love her, I think shed be a challenge, and I would love to see him trying to keep his cool when things dont come naturally to his partner. And Id be voting my fingers off for her, because you know shed be dishing some MAJOR backstage dirt once the season was over.

Phylicia Rashad- another copycat, but Ive had this thought before, and I think shed be lovely. I think she had some ballet training when she was younger, but age and relative experience would balance it out. Id put her with Louis.

Soleil Moon Frye- as the requisite child star. I would put her with Val, whos grown on me a lot this season (I know the mileage varies), but Id like to see him with someone with a lot of personality and pizzazz.

Edited by ashleigh12, Oct 19, 2011 @ 1:12 PM.

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 10:52 AM

Tried to pick the twelve most random celebrities I could

Lou Ferrigno/Kym Johnson
Peyton Manning/Karina Smirnoff
Owen Wilson/Anna Trebunskaya
Alice Cooper/Lacey Schwimmer
Michael Boatman/Chelsie Hightower
Nelly/Cheryl Burke

Alicia Silverstone/Tristan McManus
Christina Millian/Mark Ballas
Lisa Loeb/Derek Hough
Maureen McCormick/Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Tisha Campbell-Martin/Dmitry Chaplin
Mariska Hargitay/Tony Dovoloni

Tell me what you think? We should do like a hypothetical season game. Pick couples, pick dances for them, hypothetically score them. That could be fun!

Edited by hamsammich229, Oct 24, 2011 @ 3:13 PM.

ashleigh12

ashleigh12

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 3:12 PM

Tell me what you think? We should do like a hypothetical season game. Pick couples, pick dances for them, hypothetically score them. That could be fun!

hamsammich229, haha, I thought about doing that with my line-up, but it was taking too long! Maybe if I find a day with a bit of patience...

Canmander

Canmander

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

4. Melissa Gilbert- The '70s Child Star. How strange would it be to see a 40-something Laura Ingalls covered in spray tan and sequins, doing a samba?

Hey! Totally forgot about this. The reality has been, ah... not as great as I'd imagined. I find Melissa to be one of the most uncomfortable to watch out of the season, and I'm kind of surprised she's still around. But yay for the wish fulfillment? Now for the rest of the list...!

Edited by Canmander, Apr 29, 2012 @ 7:16 AM.