Jericho

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

135 replies to this topic

herbgirl

herbgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

Really hoping CBS TV Studios and Netflix can work this out.

Where would you all like to see a TV season 3 pick up? A) Following along with the graphic novels? B) The season 2 finale that CBS aired? C) The season 2 finale the producer originally wrote, with Hawkins in Loomer Ridge, Jake and Chavez on their way to try and break him out? My preference would be C, because I really liked Chavez. Of course, I would be happy just to get new episodes, period, so I'll take whatever the writers come up with.

Edited by herbgirl, May 2, 2012 @ 12:56 PM.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

Grr... I dumped Netflix and they keep trying to tempt me back. I planned on picking it up again for AD, and then dropping it immediately after. Now I will have to pick it up for this, too.

Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

That's the idea - Netflix is conniving to create shows that will lure back its many disguntled ex-customers (and gain new ones). Jericho is just the right kind of show for them - solid, loyal cult following; appeal to a wider audience; not too pricey; many of the core cast are at liberty (Skeet Ulrich, Esai Morales, maybe Lennie James if Gotham doesn't go to series which seems iffy at this point).

cmm226

cmm226

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

Herbgirl, I don't know what C is so I'll say B (even though I have read most if not all the graphic novels so far--I'm not sure how many there are).

I really liked the finale even though I hated most of season 2. I'd like to see what they'd do next.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Where would you all like to see a TV season 3 pick up? A) Following along with the graphic novels? B) The season 2 finale that CBS aired? C) The season 2 finale the producer originally wrote, with Hawkins in Loomer Ridge, Jake and Chavez on their way to try and break him out? My preference would be C, because I really liked Chavez. Of course, I would be happy just to get new episodes, period, so I'll take whatever the writers come up with.-herbgirl

I am hoping to see Option B and I might enjoy seeing a bit of Option A or trying to incorporate ideas from the graphic novels (sort of how the Walking Dead, Seeker, and GOT handled their respected written mythos) into a possible new season.

Edited by TVspectator, May 2, 2012 @ 10:55 PM.

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:06 AM

Ha! I came here to post the same news. I wish I had watched this one live - I didn't know about it until I found it on Netflix. I don't care where it picks up, so long as it picks up.

kricka

kricka

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 1:49 AM

I have long missed chatting about Jericho on this site. I would be thrilled to see more Jericho, and Netflix would be a great way to continue. Maybe they could give us a condensed version of the comics so far, and pull out even farther into the story.

Regardless, the next round of comics comes out in June, so we get more no matter what.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 4:22 AM

Searched dramas down to the 32nd page and couldn't find Jericho. Aha, it's scifi! Odd, because it doesn't "feel" like scifi.

Loved this news too. I'm definitely in the Option B column. With the added wish that USA or TNT would show Seasons 1 and 2 from start to finish before the new Jericho begins. Though I realize that Netflix may insist that part of the deal is that viewers have to watch it via Netflix. Still, I think S3 would benefit from allowing viewers to see the old seasons again.

Steamy!

yanksno1

yanksno1

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

When I heard the news I decided to re-watch the series (on Netflix) in hoping that I'd count for one more point. I've seen bits of eps here and there, but never re-watched it from it's initial airing. I remember early on when I first was watching it on CBS, I was comparing it to a little bit of Lost (certain characters, a town being virtually cut off from the rest of the world, etc). But now re-watching it w/o those comparison's I'm enjoying it a lot more, and loving the middle to end of the 1st season. It's really great.

I really hope Netflix and CBS come to an agreement and decide to revive the series. It really was coming into it's own the last half of the 1st season. I felt w the condensed schedule for S2 they tried to do too much, even though it ended really well. I also always thought I'd love to see a spin-off series of Hawkin's based in Jericho's world. Have his family be safe, he can run into Jericho characters every so often and be off on his adventures. I'd love to see that.

lynnea6

lynnea6

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

Searched dramas down to the 32nd page and couldn't find Jericho. Aha, it's scifi! Odd, because it doesn't "feel" like scifi.

Ha! I did the same thing. I used to be able to access my subscribed threads easily but can't find anything with the new forum setup.

Whatever they decide for the storyline, I hope they give us John Smith's backstory like they did in the Season 3 comics. If I recall, the televised show was really fuzzy for me on his role in the attacks.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 12:28 PM

So I finally caught up up on this show thanks to Netflix and I'm mad at myself for not having seen it entirely while it aired! I watched about the first half of season 1 but was so busy with school I didn't have time for it or forgot.

It's crazy that there might be a third season at some point. Fingers crossed!

Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

If CBS/Netflix is on the ball, they'll realize that the way to tap into the audience for Hatfields & McCoys (which killed on History recently) is through another rural-civil-war drama: Jericho! Instead, NBC is going off in the wrong direction with an "updated" version of the story. Which could be fun, but I doubt would tap into the interest that made H&M such a success.

yanksno1

yanksno1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 10, 2013 @ 8:34 PM

I'm a few days late on this, but I think we all need to watch Jericho on Netflix again.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

I'm guessing part of what will determine how much consideration they give to reviving Jericho on Netflix is how well their Arrested Development experiment goes.

Gin and Tonic

Gin and Tonic

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 6:12 PM

I just found this show on Netflix and spent the weekend watching it and reading the archived forums. The show and everyone's comments were delightful. Somewhere along the line it went from wonderful cheeseball goodness to "holy crap Skeet Ulrich is making me cry?!?!"

The second season was executed so very, very well that I had only minor complaints. Bless all those who sent in peanuts and wrote to CBS and secured a great wrap-up to the show. Even if it means that Bonnie died. Sniff.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 9:24 PM

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the possible NetFlix revival has been quietly nixed. http://www.geeksofdo...icho-twin-peaks

Jericho is also a short answer, in which he says “It was on the bubble. I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t get an email or a personal hand-written letter about that show.”