Jericho

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

135 replies to this topic

wirebiter

wirebiter

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2008 @ 5:11 PM

I didn't see a thread to talk about any and all episodes of Jericho. I'm rewatching season one on my tv and I'm finding I missed a lot watching some of them on the computer.

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 8:32 AM

Hey everyone, the Jericho forum has been archived. Please feel free to continue the Jericho discussion here. I've dug up some links and posts to get the conversation started:

Read-Only archive of old forum

TWoP's Jericho show page, where you can find all the recaps, and extras such as keckler's interview with Lennie James a.k.a. Robert "The Mission Is Everything" Hawkins.

Here's a link originally from kricka, about Paramount shopping the show to a cable network.

This is kricka's last update on the campaign to find Jericho a new home.

Jericho dvd update. I have to admit - I'm a bit upset that there is an entire bonus disc on the complete set that I won't get to see. (I suppose I can netflix it. . . or I hope I can!) I already have season 1 and will, of course, have season 2 but not cannot afford to also buy the "complete" series.

(and)

Amazon has season 2 dvds for $21.99 now. So, it is getting a trifle more reasonable.

Thanks to you all, for making the old forum what it was. Many thanks to keckler for her fabulous recaps. Take care.

Sumik

Sumik

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2008 @ 11:01 AM

Awww, this makes me sad - we didn't even make it to the season 2 dvd release.

Well, I hope I see some familiar faces here.

Naughty Melons

Naughty Melons

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2008 @ 8:16 PM

So sad to see it, but I understand why. Hopefully somehow the show will be saved and kricka can recap yet again on this show. I know, I'm too optimistic, huh? *Sniff*

kricka

kricka

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2008 @ 5:38 PM

So sad to see it, but I understand why. Hopefully somehow the show will be saved and kricka can recap yet again on this show. I know, I'm too optimistic, huh? *Sniff*

I am quite sure you meant keckler, as I do not recap this show (at least, not on TWoP!).

Sad to see the show get PHd, but such is life. I do have a few links for ya though.

From the CBS message board:
Message from Exec Prod. Karim Zreik
news from Exec Prod. Jon Steinberg at Jerichon
Jerichon pics, and I am sure there are other threads over there with pics and stories, but I can't find them (the CBS boards are a bit of a mess!)

The latest fan campaign:
Fan paid for billboard in LA

Of course, still writing letters to CBS Paramount and the DVDs for our troops is continuing from last year with season two.

YAY!!

Naughty Melons

Naughty Melons

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 5:03 PM

Oops...yes, I did mean keckler, hee. Sorry!

Thank you for the links! I still have hope. That said, I still will buy that "series" disk when it comes out. Any word on that yet?

I've sent out a few letters myself, will add another couple of them. I don't think I've ever been so passionate about a show before, and honestly, I do not watch that much TV anymore. Jericho just had the right stuff. Lost couldn't keep me interested (more like confused), reality TV gets boring after a while, and this show was the only one to keep my full attention.

I'm totally loving the billboard!

Sumik

Sumik

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2008 @ 10:35 PM

The Burn Notice that Esai Morales guests in is on right now! (I'm sure it repeats on the weekend too.)

Pigtails 03

Pigtails 03

Fanatic

Posted Jun 3, 2008 @ 6:24 PM

Thanks for all the info kricka. I'm not too ashamed to admit that I drove a bit out of my way the other day to pass the billboard. I'd been away from the campaign sites lately and I had no idea that was happening. Congrats to all for reaching your goal.

Sprague has been cast in the 24 prequel that will air this fall. The article says that this might keep her from Jericho if the show does come back. I doubt it. Sprague has worked on multiple shows at the same time in the past. She can make it work and I totally believe she'd want to come back.

Sumik

Sumik

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2008 @ 8:36 AM

Art for the back of the complete dvd set.

joyceman

joyceman

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 10, 2008 @ 12:12 PM

Saw Sarah Mason in a Nissan Murano commercial yesterday. She needs some more exposure, good looking woman.

hjohnson

hjohnson

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2008 @ 4:50 PM

I just have a question - I've been re-watching all the episodes along with reading(or re-reading in some cases) the recaps and I noticed that the one for 206 is only a recaplet. Was there ever a recap done and it went poof when the site switched over, or will it remain a recaplet forever?

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Jun 12, 2008 @ 1:25 AM

New save Jericho fan video.

So far, Jericho fans have a perfect record for saving Jericho. We're down, but not out. Fans raised $6600 to create this spot, and approached me to write and produce it. Brad Byer, (a series regular) provided the voice over.

Sumik

Sumik

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2008 @ 11:55 AM

My dvds are listed as "shipping soon" at Amazon!

I am very pleased.

kricka

kricka

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2008 @ 1:45 PM

Thank you ThatPoshGirl for the video link. I love that they are airing it on LAs cable stations.

I got my season 2 DVDs today!!! w00t! Can't wait to dig into those extras.

Mama Tiger

Mama Tiger

Stalker

Posted Jun 19, 2008 @ 12:06 AM

Mine arrived today, too -- yay! Now I'm trying to figure out how to get my hands on the extra DVD that comes with the complete set. Because much as I love Jericho, I am not going to buy a second set just to get that DVD!

DR76

DR76

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2008 @ 12:27 PM

While reading a blog essay on certain characters from television, I came across a passage on the Jake Green character that really pissed me off:

"Jake is a great example of the infallible hero. Many writers seem to think that the audience wants to see a perfect character always save the day - in fact, nothing could be further from the truth. Jake's amazing wealth of knowledge and abilities, with no apparent explanation, makes the character seem completely false, and prevents the audience from connecting with him in any meaningful way. It's bad writing, and it's bad characterisation."

If this person really believed that the writers of "JERICHO" had meant for Jake to be an infallible hero, then either he or she is a bigger fool than anyone can imagine or had seriously misjudged Jake's personality, due to the revelation of his mercenary background and former employment with Ravenwood.

Lovesick Ass

Lovesick Ass

Fanatic

Posted Jul 3, 2008 @ 12:15 PM

I just watched an old movie called Panic In Year Zero! about a nuclear bomb that hits Los Angeles. Has anyone seen this? It reminded me a bit of Jericho.

DR76

DR76

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2008 @ 1:34 PM

I understand that "JERICHO" managed to snag one Emmy nomination for Visual Effects.

I'm happy for them, but . . . that's it??

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 17, 2008 @ 5:57 PM

I watched the show from the beginning, and that is pretty crappy. I was angry when it was cancelled. I don't have the season two DVDs yet, but I'm planning on getting them as soon as possible. I was a hardcore Stimi shipper. (I'm in the process of writing a fic where they're super fertile and have seventeen kids. Poor Stimi.) I really hope that JERICHO gets saved from cancellation again. I never expected it the first time.

ScribblerGuy

ScribblerGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 18, 2008 @ 6:59 PM

Looks like SciFi will be re-running the first eight episodes on August 13th: SciFi Schedulebot for Aug 13 (listed episodes: Pilot; Fallout; Four Horsemen; Walls Of Jericho; Federal Response; 9:02; Long Live The Mayor; Rogue River).

There was a Twilight Zone mini-marathon on the schedule as of around July 4th, so this appears to be a very recent change, which could be changed again.

Edited by ScribblerGuy, Jul 18, 2008 @ 7:00 PM.

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2008 @ 12:29 PM

I bought the season two DVDs at Wal-Mart yesterday and immediately watched the "Nuts" featurette. It was awesome. And I also loved the Eric/Jake deleted scene for Patriots and Tyrants. I wished they had kept that in because it showed how far the brothers had come from the first season.

theschnauzers

theschnauzers

Stalker

Posted Jul 21, 2008 @ 1:04 PM

I'll bet SciFi is going to air the least expensive programming they have available throughout the Olympic programming period (August 8-24); I'm surprised NBCU isn't using the SciFi channel for airing Olympic events. (Didn't NBCU do that during the Athens Olympics?)

Edited by theschnauzers, Jul 21, 2008 @ 1:05 PM.

Sumik

Sumik

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 6:48 PM

Erik Knudsen was on last night's episode of Flashpoint!

herbgirl

herbgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 13, 2008 @ 3:45 PM

Universal HD is going to be be airing episodes of Jericho again starting with "Oversight" on August 30, then picking up with the pilot on Tuesday, Sept. 2. It looks like they are airing the season 1 episodes in order on weekdays, then airing season 2 episodes on the weekends. This is the Jericho schedule through November 30.

Sumik Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 6:48 pm
Erik Knudsen was on last night's episode of Flashpoint!

Erik was really good in that role, I thought. And Kenneth Mitchell was in an episode of "Flashpoint", too.

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 13, 2008 @ 4:42 PM

I'm one of the few people who like the first half of the first season. I think my favorite episode is "Heart of Winter". I also love Jake's reaction to Johnston's death. I love watching his death scene just because of Crying!Jake.

Kitten Poker Cheater

Kitten Poker Cheater

Stalker

Posted Aug 14, 2008 @ 10:42 AM

Oops, wrong thread!

Edited by Kitten Poker Cheater, Aug 14, 2008 @ 12:01 PM.

hjohnson

hjohnson

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2008 @ 3:36 PM

I'm one of the few people who like the first half of the first season. I think my favorite episode is "Heart of Winter".

I'm right there with you. I find the first half the most entertaining and I re-watch those the most. Yes, some are ridiculous and it gets smarter in the second half, but nonetheless amazing. I love the group of episodes right in the middle -starting with The Day Before to Winter's End. I could rewatch those five episodes constantly. Winter's End makes me cry every time (stupid David Gray!) it's ridiculous. I may have to go watch it right now.

Klutzygirl

Klutzygirl

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2008 @ 5:16 PM

I started out hating Emily, and I was a Jake/Heather shipper. By the end of the last season, I liked Emily and was shipping both Jake/Emily and Jake/Heather.

I'm still convinced that the actress that played Darcy was pregnant. That's why she and Rob have a third (with the possibility of a fourth) child in my own little Jericho world.

Edited by Klutzygirl, Aug 15, 2008 @ 5:16 PM.

kricka

kricka

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 3:15 PM

Any Jericho fans still out there? Here's something for all of us who don't give up hope...

The sets are still standing!! Encouraging us to assume that negotiations are still going for more Jericho, one way or another.

The BlackJackFairgrounds Blog Carnival is still going too.

Go Rangers!

theschnauzers

theschnauzers

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2008 @ 10:10 PM

I had figured we would have heard something about season three by now, but perhaps I'm trying to rush things.

When I watched the season premiere of The Unit last Sunday I thought of how their new direction had a sort of Jericho vibe.