Ask The Mod: Do dead horses go to Heaven?

• Please log in to reply

527 replies to this topic

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted Apr 8, 2011 @ 8:37 AM

Tennison, can you please pin this post in the Survival game thread?

Thanks!

TheButlerDidIt

TheButlerDidIt

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2011 @ 12:09 PM

So, I'm new and was wondering is there a "Is Chuck God?" type thread? If not, where is the appropriate place to discuss said question?
Thanks!

ninahdevi

ninahdevi

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

I spoiler tagged details about a rumor in the media thread. Should I have done that?
A previous poster did.
Never mind, read the FAQ, spoiler tagged the whole thing.

Edited by ninahdevi, Apr 26, 2011 @ 10:29 PM.

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 27, 2011 @ 2:31 PM

So, I'm new and was wondering is there a "Is Chuck God?" type thread? If not, where is the appropriate place to discuss said question?

You can discuss it in the Chuck thread.

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2011 @ 8:24 AM

I've looked everywhere for spoiler discussion. Was the thread closed or am I just blind?

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 6, 2011 @ 3:49 PM

Yeah, it was closed by the previous mod because of persistent problems. More is explained in the announcements thread.

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted Aug 9, 2011 @ 12:42 PM

Tennison, can you please pin this post in the Survival thread?

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Tennison

TWoP Moderator

Posted Aug 24, 2011 @ 3:40 PM

In the future, please PM me with those kinds of requests. Sometimes I put this kind of thing aside until I finish the rest of my "rounds" and by then all the dead horse beating has made me forgetful and tired.

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted Aug 26, 2011 @ 8:39 AM

In the future, please PM me with those kinds of requests. Sometimes I put this kind of thing aside until I finish the rest of my "rounds" and by then all the dead horse beating has made me forgetful and tired.

Thanks for getting it this time. I'll go with a PM in the future.

coffeemom

coffeemom

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 21, 2011 @ 11:43 PM

Nevermind. Figured it out. :)

Edited by coffeemom, Oct 21, 2011 @ 11:52 PM.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

Locked the episode thread so I can go through with a fine-tooth comb and get rid of all this "tit for tat" business without it escalating further.

And I see quite a few people decided to ignore my post about bringing the discussion back to the episode at hand, which makes me feel less than warm and fuzzy.

Pucklady

Pucklady

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 9, 2013 @ 6:29 PM

Is there something wrong with the forums? I'm getting malware warnings about "Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit (type 2371)" from my virus checker, and the whole TWOP.COM site is blocked by Chrome because of malware.

muffilator

muffilator

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2013 @ 5:59 PM

Pucklady, yes, the site has been under attack. Check out TWOP's Facebook page for more info.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 1:25 AM

Hi everyone. Site has indeed been under attack. It's fixed now but may be wonky with Google and Safari until they rescan and clear us.

Pucklady

Pucklady

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 19, 2013 @ 10:42 AM

I don't think the site is clean yet. I'm still getting announcements from my virus checker. It's cleaning okay, but there is still a problem.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Feb 19, 2013 @ 3:07 PM

Hi pucklady. Can you make sure to post a note about any issues you're having in our tech thread? Thanks!

Grace Oakley

Grace Oakley

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 10:20 PM

The spoiler thread was orignally closed because Barnes didn't want to be spoiled while policing it. Since you have stated that you read all the threads. Can you re-open the spoiler thread, please with sugar on top.

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 8:46 AM

I'll consider it. I don't mind reading spoilers but I want to have a look at how the conversation tended to go in that thread first, just so I know what I'm in for if it's open. Hang tight.

You may now discuss spoilers in the spoiler thread. Please read the pinned post at the top of the thread before posting.

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Mar 15, 2013 @ 1:01 AM.

fourteenwords

fourteenwords

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 10:02 PM

Hi TWoP Lockley,

I have a spoiler question: there are several people associated with the show who tweet information about upcoming episodes. For example, Liane Balalalalalbia (can't remember her name) has been tweeting some things about one of her characters that many are interpreting to refer to Amelia. Also, one of the camera crew recently tweeted a photo of a set and said he'd just finished filming a scene there, and producers, directors, and writers (like Jim Michaels and Guy Bee) often tweet little teases about upcoming episodes. Are these tweets considered "first party" info for spoiler purposes here? Or does it depend on whether it's a tweet from an actor or crew member versus a director, producer, or writer?

These kids today, with their technology -- they make everything so complicated!!

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 1:04 AM

I'm not sure what the tweet hierarchy is here, if we even have one. I'll confer with other mods. I think though, if the content of any tweet is spoilerish and from a remotely credible source, I am leaning toward keeping links to them in the Spoilers Only thread.

There is no spoiler discussion allowed so it wouldn't be overboard to just provide a link to a tweet and say, "take it for what it's worth."

I say keep them in the spoiler thread if they are about spoilers and if it's about anything else let tweets flow into the individual character threads or even media thread.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 1:37 AM

On IMDB's message board there was some talk about a scene in episode 21, from a poster who said they were at the filming. Can that be posted in the spoiler thread? Or should it not be posted since it's not an official spoiler?

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 9:30 PM

You can post a link to it. Just no discussion of it.

fourteenwords

fourteenwords

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2013 @ 5:13 PM

Hi, TWoP Lockley,

I just posted a non-spoilery question in the spec thread, but now I'm afraid I'm going to get in trouble, because I do bring spoilers to the spoiler thread, and I'm generally pretty spoiled, and you have that warning up about how if we post in both threads we will be immediately banned, which I only remembered after I posted my question. But then I thought I should ask you: now that we can't discuss spoilers in the spoiler thread anymore, would it be okay for some of us spoiled folks to engage in non-spoilery discussion in the spec thread, so long as we're very careful not to be spoilery? Because I'd love to discuss the promos and the previews and other stuff in there.

(Maybe I should just stop reading spoilers, but I can't seem to help myself!!)

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 10:48 AM

I've reopened the Speculation thread. Please take your thoughts on what might be afoot in Season 9 over there.

Please remember all the posting rules of this site and adhere to all the notes in the Announcements thread of this forum.

In a nutshell:

No whining.

No repetitive posting.

No boards on boards commentary

Be respectful of your fellow posters especially when their opinions differ from yours. 

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 4:19 AM

Misha apparently made an announcement about Ben Edlund leaving the show, but the writer/showrunner thread is locked. Do you know which thread this should go in?

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:04 AM

In the Media thread would be great, with a link to somewhere where the announcement was covered. I don't want to re-open the show runner thread just yet, too much whining happens there.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Jul 14, 2013 @ 5:00 PM

I got the TV Guide Comic-con issue. I wasn't going to type the Supernatural spoilers out directly, I was just going to summarize them. I wanted to know if that is allowed. 

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Lockley

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:26 PM

You can briefly summarize from the text but no Supernatural spoiler discussion is allowed here at TWOP.  If folks start reacting/discussing to what you post, I will close the thread. You may link away to spoilers posted elsewhere though. Sorry it took me so long to respond. Thanks for checking. 

Edited by TWoP Lockley, Jul 18, 2013 @ 4:29 PM.

RebelliousAngel

RebelliousAngel

Stalker

Posted Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:10 PM

Totally of topic..(don't spank me barnes, I might like it :))

Just saying hello! Also..I feel so special I made it to the first page of this thread! (or does that make me old?)

I much prefer thinking of it as special hehe

I didn't realize how much missed it here till someone dragged me back in another forum!

Now I may have to go read Demian's recaps just to get some Raoul nostalgia!

And I've obviously been gone too long..and I miss it....we has new mod? *confused*

Edited by RebelliousAngel, Jul 22, 2013 @ 8:14 PM.

NIccibee

NIccibee

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2013 @ 5:23 AM

Do you think we should start a separate thread to discuss the spin off?  I know we don't have any details other than there's going to be one, but we've already started speculating...