Alaina Whitaker: Hopefully De-Voted By You

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

97 replies to this topic

Pointe3579

Pointe3579

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2008 @ 5:09 PM

I bet Alaina had her Kady voodoo doll out tonight. I bet she was all like, "You weren't the only one to be shocked that you were still there, bitch."

BWAH!!! Funny but true. I know I said in my prior post that I thought Kady would last, but I am happy to be wrong. Wish Alaina still was around. She was young, cute and fun and had that spark kind of like Diana DeGarmo. I was shocked by the second semi-week ouster of her.

pk124

pk124

Fanatic

Posted Jun 25, 2008 @ 3:53 PM

As posted in Kady's thread, Alaina, her sister, and Kady are now Whitaker Malloy.

I still think that Alaina sounds better than Kady, and that she was robbed of her spot in the Top 12. I think she was better than both Kristy and Ramiele.

And this group at least makes sense. I'm still wondering what ever happened to Sabrina/Sundance from last season.

curlyQ23

curlyQ23

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 25, 2008 @ 4:27 PM

I still think that Alaina sounds better than Kady, and that she was robbed of her spot in the Top 12. I think she was better than both Kristy and Ramiele.

I agree. I would have gladly swapped Kristy, Ramiele, Amanda, or even Syesha to be honest. I liked Alaina a lot and was disappointed she was eliminated so early. I suspect that Simon was, too - I seem to recall him mentioning her as a "dark horse" in an interview with Extra or ET or something.

spanana

spanana

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2008 @ 4:32 PM

I have nothing against Alaina and I liked her better than Kady for sure, but am I the only one who could barely tell the two apart for weeks? I still sometimes can't tell them apart if not pictured together.

The idea of the girls teaming up isn't bad, but they should change their group number.

Sumi

Sumi

Fanatic

Posted Jun 26, 2008 @ 2:56 PM

I seem to recall him mentioning her as a "dark horse" in an interview with Extra or ET or something.

Heh, he called her that right after her performance on the week she left. I'm sure he regretted that one. I agree that Alaina deserved to make the finals, though. I thought she was the best (or possibly 2nd to Ramiele) Top 24 night, and then just OK the next week -- but, of course, other semifinalists have been booted for less.

I think that she was another loss due to lack of airtime. She was given kind of a negative slant in her audition (Simon's "not as good as you think you are"), and she wasn't shown at all during Hollywood, despite reports that she was one of the stars there (along with Carly, Michael Johns, and the Davids, IIRC). She could have easily gained a big teen girl following.

Pieceofmind

Pieceofmind

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 28, 2008 @ 10:05 AM

As posted in Kady's thread, Alaina, her sister, and Kady are now Whitaker Malloy.

This? Scares me.

jacecks

jacecks

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 8, 2008 @ 2:45 PM

It surprises me that it took so long for some ousted AI contestants to form a group. I know girls from CI and Australian Idol have formed groups.

jengtown

jengtown

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2008 @ 5:21 PM

They look fantastic in their pictures. They actually sound pretty good too. I'm kind of intrigued to see where this goes.