Non-Forum (Recaps, Front Page, Etc.) Issues

• Please log in to reply

217 replies to this topic

EllaClass

EllaClass

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 17, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

I've been enjoying the old Farscape recaps and wondered if some of the recaps are missing? It looks like season 3 and the first half of season 4 weren't recapped at all. However, it seems like random season 2 episodes are missing (#s 9, 10, 20, 21). Were those episodes recapped and if so, can they be restored? Thanks!

samithemage

samithemage

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2013 @ 1:39 PM

Doctor Who recaps won't load keep getting the message that "You don't have permission to access /show/doctor-who/(episode title) .php on this server."

Jamoche

Jamoche

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 2:28 AM

Using Safari 6.0.3 on a Mac with no Flash, I see "missing plugin" for videos. Flip the "User Agent" to make it pretend it's Safari 5.1 for iPad, and I get video. Can't it detect the lack of Flash and fall back to whatever it uses for iPads? I'd rather not have Flash on anything with batteries.

elliegeek1

elliegeek1

Channel Surfer

Posted May 20, 2013 @ 11:29 AM

You have the Survivor recap in the Dr. Who recap.

Rachel RSL

Rachel RSL

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 8:57 AM

Looks like the latest weecap for The Voice is missing the last page. (Unless the recapper didn't recap the end of the show?)

Edited: Looks like it's fixed now. Thanks :)

Edited by Rachel RSL, May 22, 2013 @ 1:54 PM.

Crandle

Crandle

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 12:14 PM

I can't find the search function.  Was it removed in the re-design?  I looked at the FAQs and it said to do Google searches, but that's not always working when I want to find forums for a specific shows or movies that came out a while ago.  Thanks.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 22, 2013 @ 8:00 PM

That's not a missing thing in a recap, but if you look at the pinned post in the Upgrade thread, we are waiting to hear about Search returning.

kindredlaugh

kindredlaugh

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 26, 2013 @ 7:10 PM

For the last couple of days the rss feed has stopped having the show names in the titles. An Exmple from Today's feed

Instead of:

Hannibal - Body of Work

it's just:

- Body of Work

Kind of confusing.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 2:33 AM

I don't know where to post this, but my ignore feature is not working. I've been trying to ignore a certain user for weeks and it keeps telling me "you're not allowed to ignore this user" whenever I try. So I tried on a different user and it gave me the same message. Can someone please help? I sent an e-mail to the mods but never got a response back.

auntlada

auntlada

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 6:50 AM

You can't ignore people. It's disabled.

Dilandau

Dilandau

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 8:49 AM

Really?  That's too bad. I wish it wasn't disabled.

Thanks for letting me know.

Edited by Dilandau, May 28, 2013 @ 9:12 AM.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2013 @ 6:09 PM

Ignoring someone violates 15/15

snappyjo

snappyjo

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 8:04 AM

where can I find BURN NOTICE

callietwo

callietwo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 8:32 AM

Burn notice is here

Easiest way to find any show on TWOP is to go to your browser and type the following

TWOP: show name, which is how I found the BN for you :) 

Mitch0046

Mitch0046

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2013 @ 8:49 AM

Okay, so this isn't a missing thing or a bad link, exactly, but there is no tech issue folder that isn't locked. I apparently do not have permission to access the link on today's post on "Contiuum" in "Going Through Channels". This is what I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /goingthroughchannels/2013/06/friday-june-7-2013-continuum.php on this server.

Windows 7, Firefox V.22

Update: Just got this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /telefile/2013/06/the-most-heinous-person-on-rea-89.php on this server.

Is Tubey mad at me or is it not just me?

Edited by Mitch0046, Jun 7, 2013 @ 4:45 PM.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2013 @ 8:23 AM

Clicking on the big block of cheese for either the Ray Donovan or Siberia forum doesn't work. It takes me back to the page I'm already on. If you hover your mouse over either of them, you can see that the address is whatever part of the forum you're currently on.

[Moved from Upgrade thread—TWoP Howard]

Sorry, I thought this thread was only for non-forum issues!

[The Big Block o' Cheese is coded by the editorial side, even though it's on every single forum page, so it's a disguised non-forum issue. Sorta kinda—TWoP Howard]

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jul 1, 2013 @ 12:16 PM.

Jen6011

Jen6011

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 30, 2013 @ 8:49 PM

I get the 403 forbidden error constantly when surfing your site.  One minute everything is fine, next nothing will load.  I've recently become a fan of Top Chef and I've tried to read your recaps.  Sometimes they load, most of the time they don't.  I've also had the same problem trying to read Mad Men recaps.  Please fix.

pcg

pcg

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 3:22 PM

Not quite sure if this is the right post to put this under, but it seemed the best idea. I'm currently casting my votes in the Tubey awards, and twice now, while clicking the submit button, my Avast anti-virus has blocked malware. I didn't see what in particular it blocked, because I'm used to simply x'ing it out, but it's the only window I had open and only happened when I hit submit. I'm using Chrome on Windows 8.

ETA: Happened for the third time in a row, Avast said it was "ad.yieldmanager.com/imp?Z" that was infected.

Edited by pcg, Jul 1, 2013 @ 3:25 PM.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 8:16 PM

There was a tech upgrade on the non- forum part of the site today. Had I known about it ahead of time, I would have warned you.

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 2:51 PM

There seems to be no way to get to a "Siberia" forum.  I can see the recap but no matter what I click (ex the forum button at the bottom of the recap, the Siberia forum button on the big cheese) I don't get there.  Also if I click on what makes all the alphabetical  list of forums pop up that is  not on the cheese, Siberia isn't listed.  Given that the show is pretty sinister and is actively trying to instill paranoia I'm getting the giggles that we the audience can't discuss it.  Hmmm must be a conspiracy  ;)   Just kidding but I really would  like to discuss the show and can't so thanks for your attention.

Edited by MDKNIGHT, Jul 2, 2013 @ 2:59 PM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 4:41 PM

I can't speak to when Editorial will get the links in the Big Block o' Cheese or recap to work, but here's the show thread (not a full forum). Discuss away!

MDKNIGHT

MDKNIGHT

Fanatic

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 9:34 PM

Thanks. I couldn't find any way to get there.  I'll save the link.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 2, 2013 @ 11:56 PM

The easiest way to find a thread is to Google "siberia twop forums." Another way is to use the Search bar that was recently added to each page. It seems to be working pretty well. Or you can go to the genre subforum (Dramas in this case) and use the Custom sorting function at the top of the list of threads to change the sort setting into sorting by thread title, so you can find it alphabetically. 

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 10:27 AM

I just tried to click on Ray Donovan from the Big Block o' Cheese and it took me to the Cartoons Forum.

To clarify, when I try to click on Ray Donovan, while hovering over Forums, not Shows. When hovering over Shows, it does take me to the recaps page. But it won't take me to the forums page, even when I click on the 'forums' link on the recap page. If that makes sense.

Edited by Scorpiosrule, Jul 3, 2013 @ 10:31 AM.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 4:55 PM

Well, that's odd. Anyway, since it's a holiday week, I suspect the links there and in the recaps themselves for both this and Siberia won't get fixed until next week. In the meantime, the link to the Siberia thread is a couple of posts above, and the Ray Donovan thread is here.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 5:02 PM

Thanks Howard!

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 9:07 PM

Yes, I think they haven't been made active yet? I will try to figure out how to do that before Monday, but I also don't want to break anything.

Dbacksgirl17

Dbacksgirl17

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 3, 2013 @ 10:27 PM

When I try to get to the most recent Mistresses weecap, I get a page that's blank except for the following URL: "http://www.bustle.co...lson-on-mad-men". Tried manually going to page 2 and it was blank. Thanks!

MoxieSioux

MoxieSioux

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 10:10 AM

The weecap for the last episode of Defiance won't open. I get a 403 Forbidden You don't have access blah blah blah message.

Now its working.

Edited by MoxieSioux, Jul 10, 2013 @ 2:55 PM.

Nostariel

Nostariel

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 11:09 AM

What happened to the old Veronica Mars recaps?