Being Human: Just a Regular Spooky Flatshare (UK)

• Please log in to reply

2468 replies to this topic

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

So what about Cutler? I'm not sure what to make of his ending. That incredible determination to kill Baby Eve...was that out of anger and spite toward the Old Ones? Was it only because he wanted to do something "great"? Or was it because there was enough humanity left in him for him to genuinely want to save humanity?

And what about Milo? Might it be the werewolves turn to be the bad guys? Milo didn't seem as insidious as the vamps, which is how we're used to evil manifesting itself on this show, but surely that's not the only form evil takes. Just because he isn't sly and oily, that doesn't mean he's good.

I have a feeling the starter plot, at least, for next series is going to center on the hunt for Alex's body. It sounds like her family is at least reasonably close, if not closer. They're not going to accept that she's just up and disappeared of her own volition, without a word to anybody. What are all those rough brothers and her father going to do when they connect the dots and realize Hal was the last person seen with her?

Tessier

Tessier

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 5:02 AM

All in all, I was happy with the finale. I thought Annie's story wrapped up quite nicely, and I'm very pleased with the new trio. I'm greatly looking forward to next year.

That said, a few things: I don't know what to make of the idea that there are "watchers" who also act as "cleaners", who claim to be on the side of the humans but who threaten humans at the same time if the secrets aren't kept. It seemed a bit too organized and complicated with all the bookkeeping and shelving, and yet badly arranged if that guy and his colleagues were collecting the cell phones of several hundred people. Surely some of the video the crowd at the club had taken would already be up online by the time they got around to chatting with each of the party-goers. Unless their group also has some vigilant techies on-hand. So I'm not sure where that's going, or whether it even interests me as a plotline.

But I am definitely interested in everything to do with Hal, Tom, and Alex, and how they are going to support each other's lives in Honolulu Heights. I'm intrigued by the new information that Hal was not purely evil for hundreds of years, but flip-flopped in 50-55 year cycles between the two. (For one thing, why 50, then 55, specifically?) I'm not quite clear on how that "cycling" was or was not a part of his recent OCD behaviours, which I thought were all geared to quell his blood-lust. So then...in his previous "good" periods, what did he do to keep off the blood? Was it always a struggle? (I assume so, but if he did it for fifty years at a stretch, long before he met Leo, how did he do it then?) I would enjoy seeing flashbacks that show more of how Hal behaved in the past, and what this evil/good/evil switch means as it happened in the Old Days.

I'm also curious to find out whether Hal is now the last Old One left, or if that delegation led by Mr. Snow was just a few of many more. If there are other Old Ones still 'alive', what do they think about the loss of Snow's group? Will they be seeking revenge, or are they indifferent to--or even pleased about--the loss of such a powerful, ancient vampire and his entire entourage?

I hope they bring back Allison, but even if they don't, I want to see Tom at long last lose his virginity. And if things go on as they have been, I will be shipping Hal and Alex. I loved how smart, powerful, and empathetic they have made Alex's character already, in the course of just three episodes. I thought it was great that after all her indignant snarking about Hal's drinking her blood, as soon as she realized how compelled he was by blood (as she found him licking more of hers off the floor among the maggots), she reflected sincerely on how terrible that must be for him. And I loved how they ended the episode with Tom's remark to Hal that he was trying to get him through this because Hal was his best mate. I think the group dynamic between the three of them is now geared up to be marvelous.

Oh yeah, and I really loved how Tom's talk of building a swimming pool was actually his cover story for gathering up vampire-killing equipment.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:00 AM

Yeah, it was excellent that Tom was preparing all along with the bomb stuff. Hal's admiration did speak volumes there as well.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

"Always be kind and polite and have the materials to build a bomb." I think that's my new life motto.

Tessier

Tessier

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

I liked how it shows that Tom is very aware that he's perceived as something of an idiot, and he's using that perception in his fight against the vampires. He is naive and inexperienced in so many ways, having been brought up so isolated from other people and media, but he's really quite clever in his own way, heroically dedicated, and has a beautiful innocence of spirit. ETA: Now that I think about it for a minute, he's become my all-time favorite werewolf. (I really liked Oz on Buffy, and I loved George on this show, but George had so many mannerisms that became tedious--sometimes his turkey-gobbling vocals became very offputting.) There's nothing I don't like about Tom.

Edited by Tessier, Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:46 AM.

tze

tze

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

That said, a few things: I don't know what to make of the idea that there are "watchers" who also act as "cleaners", who claim to be on the side of the humans but who threaten humans at the same time if the secrets aren't kept. It seemed a bit too organized and complicated with all the bookkeeping and shelving, and yet badly arranged if that guy and his colleagues were collecting the cell phones of several hundred people. Surely some of the video the crowd at the club had taken would already be up online by the time they got around to chatting with each of the party-goers. Unless their group also has some vigilant techies on-hand. So I'm not sure where that's going, or whether it even interests me as a plotline.

On the one hand, they're clearly not omnipotent---the Box Tunnel massacre wasn't really hushed up, and in the "original" future, they clearly didn't have the resources or ability to cover up the Old Ones' rampage. Cutler had no problems uploading his video of Tom, and it got a lot of hits. On the other hand, they've clearly been at this for a while, and their whole "Type 1, Type 2, etc." rating system sounds a lot like CenSSA, with the addition of "Type 0" and "Type 4". (Could CenSSA have gotten some information from this group?)

Yet for all their resources, I wonder how much they "really" know about the various supernatural entities. They can't see ghosts (though Mr. Rook could sort of sense Alex, I wonder how many of his colleagues share that ability.) Do they know about the existence of the Old Ones? The abilities of the Old Ones? Mr. Rook seemed very smug at hushing up the club incident and Alex's murder, but there was no mention of the rather huge bullet humanity had just dodged. Perhaps the "cleaners" didn't know about the Old Ones' plans? Perhaps they don't even know the Old Ones exist, and were patting themselves on the back for cleaning up vampires' messes, never knowing there was a group of uber-vamps out there making their jobs much, much easier (since the Old Ones were originally against the idea of coming into the open). And given the inevitable repercussions of the deaths of so many Old Ones, including Mr. Snow, the cleaners might find themselves rather unexpectedly overwhelmed next season.

But I am definitely interested in everything to do with Hal, Tom, and Alex, and how they are going to support each other's lives in Honolulu Heights.

I hope they move to a new house. Honolulu Heights was never Hal's favorite place and I think Tom and Alex would both be okay with a move. Hal could easily have stashes of money hidden around that he didn't previously want to touch for fear of alerting the Old Ones to his continued presence. (For that matter, Cutler's dead, and being a solicitor, he had to have some money---maybe Hal can get his hands on Cutler's cash?) Maybe we can get the trio into a more "upscale" house for a change?

I'm also curious to find out whether Hal is now the last Old One left, or if that delegation led by Mr. Snow was just a few of many more.

I hope that was the only group of Old Ones, in part because it kind of diminishes Annie's sacrifice if other Old Ones groups are waiting in the wings to potentially take up where Mr. Snow et al left off. Mr. Snow specifically told Hal that he didn't like the "aesthetic" of an Old One being away from his group, and there was no mention of other groups that Hal might have attached himself to. Counting Hal, there were 13 Old Ones standing on that replica of the "hammer" symbol, and 13 is an unlucky number---a perfect number for the ruling group of vampires. And I like the idea that Hal's just been inadvertently pushed to the "top of the pile"---something he was actively avoiding---because he's literally the scariest living vampire.

Right as Hal walked in, we saw Hettie (and an older man) take off. The two of them might easily have survived the blast. (Fergus mentioned a list of Old Ones that were terrified of Hal, a list that included Hettie and someone named Jacob. We saw Hettie leave when Hal arrived---maybe the man that was leading her away was Jacob?) Hal might be one of only three Old Ones left, and if the other two were explicitly afraid of him, that might basically leave him as potentially the scariest vampire left alive, which could lead to some interesting developments.

FreakyBunny

FreakyBunny

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

Very happy with the the finale. I didn't know it was the finale until about half way through I realized that this was episode 8.

One question about Annie. In series 1 Annie was visible to non supernaturals. But now she relies on being invisible to do most everything she does.

I've seen every series, but I just can't remember an explanation for this.

Cheers.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

I'm intrigued by the new information that Hal was not purely evil for hundreds of years, but flip-flopped in 50-55 year cycles between the two. (For one thing, why 50, then 55, specifically?)

I'm intrigued, too, but I'm not so sure the 50/55 is an exact cyclic number. I think it could be that he's speaking more generally--as in, a phase will last oh, about 50,55 years, somewhere in there.

I think it's interesting that as old as we treated Mitchell as being, he may not have been old enough to have experienced the cyclic nature of bloodlust and to really understand that's how it works. Hal does. It sounded to me in that last scene as if that's the unique nature of his despair about being a vampire, that no matter how "good" he is at any given point, the "bad" is going to come back. Maybe his conflict next series will be the battle not to push down the taste of blood per se, but to keep from saying, "aw, fuck it, what's the point of even trying."

Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

So it's official. The writers of this show watch the spoony experiment: http://spoonyexperim...-spoonys-jyhad/ (watch from about the middle of the video)

But seriously how did the old ones get to be "old" when they are too stupid to post some guards and let everybody with a bomb walk in?

Well I won't dwell on it.
I liked Annies end, I really like all the new main characters and I like that they now have a clean slate to start over. No war, no war child, no crap.
I also hope that they'll get a new house, to get a completely fresh start.
Maybe we can get back to "being human" now.

Regarding the afterlife they seem to kind of cheat a little, but I don't mind it much. The retconning doesn't seem to contradict anything that was established. Now we know, that the afterlife we have seen so far is only purgatory and when you get past the men with sticks, you come to a happier place. I can get behind that. :)

Edited by Miles Prower, Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:15 PM.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

I dunno, I kind of like Honolulu Heights, or whatever it's called. One advantage of it is that it's got all those spare rooms where the writers can stow one-off and other short-term characters.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

I liked how it shows that Tom is very aware that he's perceived as something of an idiot, and he's using that perception in his fight against the vampires. He is naive and inexperienced in so many ways, having been brought up so isolated from other people and media, but he's really quite clever in his own way, heroically dedicated, and has a beautiful innocence of spirit. ETA: Now that I think about it for a minute, he's become my all-time favorite werewolf. (I really liked Oz on Buffy, and I loved George on this show, but George had so many mannerisms that became tedious--sometimes his turkey-gobbling vocals became very offputting.) There's nothing I don't like about Tom.

Seconded. Tom is hands down my favorite werewolf. George is a close second. The other two supernatural shows currently on the air with werewolves just aren't doing a very good job of making me care about them the way I care about Tom and George. The True Blood werewolves are so much dumber and weaker than the vamps that it's almost comical at this point. The Vampire Diaries' werewolves either end up dying or becoming hybrids. And the less said about the Twilight werewolves the better.

cleancatlady

cleancatlady

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 7:15 AM

I wasn't sure I was going to like this series - but I did!
I lie that Annie got a proper 'goodbye' if that really was the end of her character.

I always liked Hal better than Mitchell, also I didn't much care for evil Hal, not sure why they had to make him that horrible in the past.
They progressed Tom's character well, from almost irritatingly stupid to street smart lovable.
Poor baby Eve although they killed her, at least it was done fairly gently. However did anyone else wonder what sort of (real life) mother lets her baby do a show like this? There seemed to be times where she would have seen some horrible characters, and everyone trying to kill her all the time...I know she's just a baby, and I know they would have edited in her to certain scenes, but still, I'd be worried that she was scared for life.
Do you think dead vampires still crave blood?

It will be interesting to see where they take it next season, I much prefer the day to day trying to be human and meeting other characters episodic version to the whole, 'world domination / everything leading to a massivee ending' storyline.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 12:06 PM

Lenora Crichlow said in an interview that, between working with the babies the played Eve and playing all the "mothering" she did for both Eve and Tom, she was getting really broody. Maybe that made up for any potential trauma to the infant actors. I didn't wonder too much about these infants' well-being, but I've wondered the same thing about older child actors in adult productions, like Haley Joel Osmet in "A.I." or Jody Foster, for different reasons, in "Taxi Driver."

Somebody upthread, before this final episode aired, mentioned how awkward it would be for Annie to kill Baby Eve and then have to deal with George and Nina in the afterlife. Now that we've seen how it all works out, I rather think Adult Ghost (or Whatever She Was) Eve had a good, long talk with George and Nina before the big final vamp blowup and explained the necessity of it to them, so things will be reasonably cool between them all.

Lately, I've been wondering what Hal's been doing with himself for the past 55 years. Did he stay in the apartment above the barbershop the entire time? I don't think so, but he was so afraid of leaving the confines of Honolulu Heights at first that I wondered. Maybe some of the action next series will center around not just his interaction with humans, but getting used to modern humans. Like Alex. She's a type not to rare now, but she is decidedly modern certainly no Pearl, and not the kind of woman he would have likely come across when he was running around with his sword and red shield.

mswyrr

mswyrr

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 6:37 AM

Maybe some of the action next series will center around not just his interaction with humans, but getting used to modern humans. Like Alex. She's a type not to rare now, but she is decidedly modern certainly no Pearl, and not the kind of woman he would have likely come across when he was running around with his sword and red shield.

The '50s were actually a step back, a reinforcement of strict gender roles after they'd been unsettled during the 1st and 2nd World Wars. Just living through the first 55 years of the 20th Century, Hal would have had the opportunity to see at least some examples of some pretty wide gender expression and lifestyles among women, because of the way those two massive wars impacted society. Particularly in the cities.

Even around the time when Hal had his red shield, there would have been traditional ballads about women in battle, women running breweries, concepts of women like the character Britomart from The Fairy Queen, women actually engaging in battle, etc. Rare? Yeah. But they would have existed and been reasonably visible. And in the case of noblewomen, it would have been normal for them to command forces in the absence of their husbands, protecting the family's holdings. It would have been normal for wives to act as the chief "man of business" for their husbands, too. And I mean, hell, the dude lived through the reign of Elizabeth I, who talked about having the heart and stomach of a man in the body of a woman, you know?

Alex really isn't that new. In fact, the way that she identifies with masculinity and expresses internalized misogyny about women--assuming we're all shallow and only know how to talk about shoes--is something of a backward, antiquated way to be gender variant by accepting the idea that gender is a dichotomy and choosing to be androcentric. Katherine Hepburn, famous for wearing trousers and doing her own thing during the '30s and '40s, was interviewed in the '70s and she expressed that: she said she wasn't a feminist, she'd just wanted to live her life like a man. I celebrate her for living life on her own terms, but she was uninterested in the fact that women as a class bore a miserable life, she just wanted to get out of that herself.

Alex is more like that then a modern feminist, since it's all about how much cooler boys/men are than women, wanting to be butch as an expression of androcentrism, how gross it is to "look like a girl," and talking about women as trite stereotypes.

She might as well be saying "I have the heart and stomach of a man" instead of making a more modern point. A preference for more butch gender expression in a woman is not itself at all modern or radical, at least not when combined with internalized misogyny. Wanting to get close to the category of men and be like them while disdaining other women is a pretty ground-level reaction to sexism among women, and it's been around thousands of years.

Edited by mswyrr, Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:07 AM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:09 AM

I hope we find out in Series 5 what actually spurred Hal into becoming good in his most recent cycle. When he turned Cutler/killed Rachel, he was totally revelling in being an evil dude but by the time he met Leo, he wanted a change and I'm curious as to what happened to spur that.

It'd also be a nice way of using Cutler/Mr Snow/Leo/Pearl in flashbacks while expanding more on Hal's cycles of good and evil.

Tessier

Tessier

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

In fact, the way that she identifies with masculinity and expresses internalized misogyny about women--assuming we're all shallow and only know how to talk about shoes--is something of a backward, antiquated way to be gender variant by accepting the idea that gender is a dichotomy and choosing to be androcentric.

I think this is an interesting perspective, but I see no evidence in the show that Alex is suffering from anything like internalized misogyny.

Yes, she lived in an all-male household, so I don't think it's strange that she's conversant in cars and sports, and chooses those as conversation starters with a guy she doesn't know. She dressed differently than she usually does for her date with Hal, and is dismayed to discover that now she will have to wear a skirt forever. I think that's understandable, not anti-woman--it just means that she's more comfortable in pants and boots. I don't think her frustration about being dressed for eternity like a girl is a sign of some deep internalized anything (nor do I think "you throw like a girl" demonstrates some deep-seated contempt of femininity). And Alex's attempt to make small talk with Annie in which she starts babbling about makeup, then quickly admits that she doesn't know what she's talking about, didn't indicate any contempt for other women or girls, internalized or externalized, to me. It wasn't said with condescension or contempt, but as an awkward attempt to connect with someone she didn't know at all. As far as I can recall, she didn't say anything else about women. And I didn't see her treat Allison in any way that was prejudiced or demeaning.

I am going to rewatch the series soon; I'll keep your comments in mind and see if anything transpires that even hints that Alex is "assuming we're all shallow". She's certainly not all rah-rah on men either, with her remark about how they are all the same except for their fingerprints (as now-creepy, blood-zonked Hal, whom she had thought was so sweet and shy, is leering down her cleavage). What I've seen of Alex so far has been written, to my mind, as entirely admirable; she seems really level-headed, smart, self-aware, and empathetic. She knew almost instinctively what to do to save people during the werewolf club panic, after having been a ghost for less than a day. And Kate Bracken has managed her feisty, quick-paced dialogue quite well so far, for example that bar scene with the Forrest Gump talk and "Are you aiming for enigmatic?"

Unlike the terrible missteps the story took with Annie in this series, IMO. The scene of her trembling, and emotionally falling apart, as Fergus holds a knife to her throat AS IF THAT COULD HURT HER!!!!, for example, was ludicrous. At least in the last few episodes, they gave Annie back her courage and determination, and stopped showing her as a vain, cowardly simpleton. I know in some scenes they were going for the funny, but it wasn't.

The question of how Hal might view Alex as some new modern woman is a very interesting one. I think that if we had a Tardis and could go back and actually see how women in centuries past viewed themselves and each other, we might be quite surprised at our own assumptions. But in Hal's particular case, even after 55 years of relative seclusion with his dominos and focus exercises in a barber shop, he seems au courant on most everything except electronic media. I guess he and his companions watched TV and read the newspapers. He needed no crash course on social views about gays, even though there was no gay movement as such in the 1950s. I don't think Alex shocks him so much as intrigues him. She certainly intrigues me. Alex, Hal, Tom--they all do. This used to be one of my very favorite shows, and with this series it has become that again.

Edited by Tessier, Mar 31, 2012 @ 11:08 PM.

K42

K42

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 1:03 AM

So, in the end:

- Mitchell died a failure and a coward, not being able to reform himself nor having the courage to end his life

- George died an idiot, trying to save a child who wasn't in danger nor meant to be saved, and actually not affecting her fate in any way with his sacrifice

- Annie died (well, passed over) the Greatest Hero of All Time, Saviour of All Humankind

I'm glad because she has always been my favorite (too bad she was never developed properly), but it looks like she was Whithouse's favorite too. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Lenora Crichlow has remained faithful to the show until the very end?

I think the group dynamic between the three of them is now geared up to be marvelous.

I can't agree more. Marvelous is the word. Whithouse managed to do an almost unbelievable thing: after creating a trio of characters we all fell in love with, and after the original dynamic went astray for reasons which weren't entirely his fault (if I had to skip my own OCD rituals and tap into my inner darkness, I'd let out a "fuck you, Aidan Turner! Enjoy being a dwarf!"), the new batch of characters is not only up for the task of replacing the old ones, they're even better! And with Hal, they can come back to a vampire who's trying to be human... and succeeding! Succeeding, for God's sake. This show isn't called "Trying and Being Human but Failing Miserably All the Time".

I'm intrigued by the new information that Hal was not purely evil for hundreds of years, but flip-flopped in 50-55 year cycles between the two. (For one thing, why 50, then 55, specifically?)

I think it's meant to be an indication that he's improving a little each cycle.

One question about Annie. In series 1 Annie was visible to non supernaturals. But now she relies on being invisible to do most everything she does.

In S1 Annie at some point developed the power to make herself visible (it's still control over the matter, in a way: have the light reflects her shape). Then lost him, after a trauma, and apparently never tried/managed to regain it. Ghosts are naturally invisible to non-supernaturals.

Now we know, that the afterlife we have seen so far is only purgatory and when you get past the men with sticks, you come to a happier place.

We kinda always knew that: every ghost Annie helped to pass over wasn't going to the purgatory, they were going to the "better place". I kinda get the purgatory is where the afterlife power wants to keep the ghosts with unfinished business (Lia, for instance; Eve, now), in order to not have them roaming the world, haunting houses, and such. Annie rebelled against that.

Do you think dead vampires still crave blood?

I believe (but it's just a thought) that when vampires die, they're not vampires anymore, they die as the humans they once were before being turned.

Alex really isn't that new. In fact, the way that she identifies with masculinity and expresses internalized misogyny about women--assuming we're all shallow and only know how to talk about shoes--is something of a backward, antiquated way to be gender variant by accepting the idea that gender is a dichotomy and choosing to be androcentric.

mswyrr, your whole post is very well-written, but I believe you're overanalyzing a bit too much here. Alex wasn't being too serious with her joke about the clothes.  She said she used to live with rough men. But if she had issues about her gender identity, she wouldn't go on a date in "girly clothes". She clearly thought that was her looking her best. It's worth noting, instead, how she didn't have any problem follow Annie's lead, recognizing her position of authority, and being taugth by her. An old-fashioned woman like Pearl felt immediately menaced instead. I think Alex (who also got a pretty strong actress) has the potential to be one of the best character in the history of this show.

Edited by K42, Apr 2, 2012 @ 5:05 PM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 6:18 AM

I'm hopeful for Alex in Series 5. She's been great so far, so there's no reason why she can't be any better next year either.

Kind of hoping that Allison and Milo resurface as well. No, scratch that - both better be in next series.

Pacodakat

Pacodakat

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

Cutler looks so much like David Thewlis as a young handsome man. I'd never thought I'd see an overbite as sexy.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

I've noticed a lot of people on Tumblr making the same comparisons to Cutler and David Thewlis. I didn't really catch onto it until recently. It is pretty uncanny I guess.

The DVD for Series 4 is out on April 23rd.

electricfish

electricfish

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:56 AM

If I was Alex I'd be most pissed that I went into the afterlife wearing what appeared to be a maternity smock. Terribly unflattering outfit, although I guess it's all layered up so that she'll have options on how to wear it if they get another season.

EndoKE

EndoKE

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

I haven't seen the last episode, doesn't air here until Saturday night. But I have read about it and I'm glad that they finished Annie's storyline. To me this season seemed strange with Mitchell, George AND Nina gone. Then they give Annie a baby (which is a Jump The Shark moment for most TV shows). It was like Annie was everybody's mother and that was her story. I like Alex because she seems on equal footing with the others. To me it's like a brand new show.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

It was like Annie was everybody's mother and that was her story.

Lenora Crichlow said in an interview before this series started airing that spending all her days around the adorable pair of twins who played Baby Eve, and then playing Annie as a mother figure not just for the baby but also for Tom was making her downright broody.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:30 AM

If I was Alex I'd be most pissed that I went into the afterlife wearing what appeared to be a maternity smock. Terribly unflattering outfit, although I guess it's all layered up so that she'll have options on how to wear it if they get another season.

I think you mean Annie because Alex certainly didn't die in anything that was a maternity smock.

electricfish

electricfish

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

That green dress thing, pretty ugly. But, at least she didn't die in those shorts, that would have been mortifying (ha ha).

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

Alex's got the leather jacket and while we're talking about fashion, is it me or is Hal's jacket that he's worn in 4x04, 4x07 and 4x08 slightly feminine? It kind of looks that way in certain angles.

electricfish

electricfish

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

He seems to favor closely fitted garments, not that I'm complaining.

I was looking for visual representation of Alex's green tunic/dress thing (that she's wearing under the cute jacket), and found this instead:

http://insidetv.ew.c...ws-being-human/

Yay!

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

He seems to favor closely fitted garments, not that I'm complaining.

Oh, I'm not either. Hal is a beautiful, beautiful man and currently my favourite character.

Will definitely be devouring the Series 4 DVD when it comes out. The prequels will be on it and cast/crew interviews.

HappyHumanist

HappyHumanist

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

American here: BBCA just ran the finale. I have to be honest--once the "savior of the world" storyline began, I stopped watching. The show's charm was in three "monsters" trying to be human. But I had to tune in to the finale. My only disappointment was that the actors who played Nina, George, and Aiden didn't return for the end. It would have taken a moment on screen to see them all reunited. Heck, George Clooney returned to ER for a minute when Julianna Margolies left the show. Seeing the old gang would have made me happy.

mowgo2

mowgo2

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

I wasn't expecting to like the new season of Being Human because of all the cast changes. But I quickly grew to love the new crew. It's still about monsters trying to be human. Although Eve was a big part, she wasn't the heart of the season. It was about Annie dealing with losing her loved ones, Tom trying to find a place to belong, and Hal trying to do both. Hal lost his home and loved ones, and was terrified that he would revert to his old.

The people behind the show did a great job in re-booting with the new cast. And they found an unknown, Damien Molony, who has the talent and charisma to become a big star. They really do a great job at casting for this show.

HappyHumanist,
Just wondering, does watching the finale make you want to go back and watch the whole season?