Being Human: Just a Regular Spooky Flatshare (UK)

• Please log in to reply

2468 replies to this topic

lovelyivy

lovelyivy

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

I really hated how George and Nina went out. George, the character most committed to his humanity, who constantly drives himself to be better, just abandons his child? Just gives up? I can't buy it. I know he was heartbroken and despairing, but it just doesn't seem at all like the character I enjoyed so much in Series 1.

I also think the offscreen death for Nina was cheap. Incredibly so. I can't be too upset because I hated her and her hypocrisy by the end of S3, but the show deserved better.

This show really did forget what it was supposed to be about. Sometime around the boxcar 20, they decided they wanted to write standard paranormal fantasy instead of a cozy dramedy with supernatural elements. Not only was it a poor choice, given the strengths and weaknesses of the cast (Annie and Mitchell became almost unwatchable, George was saved because Tovey is the best actor on the show) but they don't have the budget to do the storyline justice. That Epitaph one style flashforward was ridiculous. They are not building a believable world here.

I NEVER though I'd say this, but Being Human US is currently doing a much, much better job with these characters. Season one was by turns boring and ridiculous, but S2 has been different enough to let it become an interesting show in its own right. They have increased the threat while still making it believable, the characters have become far more interesting and three dimensional (I am actually loving the Nina expy the most), and they have the budget needed to actually tell the story they've set out to tell. I'd recommend it to folks who, like myself, have been disappointed by the original.

Edited by lovelyivy, Feb 26, 2012 @ 12:18 PM.

BlackStar

BlackStar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:08 AM

Episodes 3 & 4 have been real crackers; season 4 is hitting its stride with the right mix of humour and horror. I don't miss George & Mitchell at all so far.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:46 AM

Episodes 3 & 4 have been real crackers; season 4 is hitting its stride with the right mix of humour and horror. I don't miss George & Mitchell at all so far.

Yeah, episodes 3 and 4 have been really great. I'm not missing George and Mitchell at all now that we've got Hal and Tom. I adore those two. And Cutler is turning out to be an intriguing baddie. I'm enjoying his style much more than Herrick's.

Kirby was one creepy bastard. Like Dolores Umbridge levels of creepy. I was on the edge of my seat every time he popped up on screen. I think his creepy little face might haunt my dreams tonight.

Finally. Finally! Badass Ghost Annie from the ends of S1/S2 returns to save the day and get rid of the bad guy. She was actually scary tonight. I hope we get more of powerful Annie and less of the one who acts helpless whenever the bad guys show up from now on.

And now I'm convinced more than ever that that is in fact Adult Eve who is trying to kill herself. She actually looked a little sad when Kirby told her he'd finally gotten rid of Annie(though as it turns out only temporarily). Of course, she would be if Annie did in fact raise her. I wonder just how long Annie did stay around with her in her timeline of events.

Edited by Turkish, Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:54 AM.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

Interesting episode. Kirby was deliciously manipulative as a character but he didn't have to work that hard to prey and break down Hal, Tom and Annie though did he?

I did love the return of bad ass Annie. We need to see her more often now, show.

Hal got the burn from Tom. Maybe he can avoid fate and not harm Eve. Too much to ask for, perhaps?

Poor Tom though. Not a fun way to celebrate being 21 though at least Annie/Hal made it up to him.

The gay couple moment was amusing but how come we don't have any gay characters on this show though?

Cutler continues to be interesting and that woman is totally Eve. Wasn't expecting a reference to the Box Tunnel stuff though, 9/10.

antmoose

antmoose

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Kirby was creepy. The way he killed the doctor was rather disturbing. What was not disturbing was Hal's 100+ barechested pushups. And he was also working the tank top when he was awkwardly pretending to be Tom's boyfriend.

When Kirby arrived, though, I have to say I had a bone to pick with the writers. Both Tom and Hal lunged out of the door and physically attacked Kirby -- a ghost! And he was physically attackable, and scared of being attacked! I call foul. It took ages for Annie to achieve even the faintest corporeality, but Kirby is super-solid from the get-go? Hard to believe.

tze

tze

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

Here's what I don't get: Future!Eve (if she is, in fact, Eve) is trying to manipulate the past to kill her baby self. However, the only reason Hal came into contact with Annie, Tom, and baby Eve in the first place is because of Future Eve's manipulations. So either we're in a scenario where this woman isn't Future Eve (which seems doubtful), or she is Future Eve and she always did this (always brought Hal into the House, which seems counter-intuitive, since Future Eve seems to want to change the future, not help bring it about), or Eve, in trying to murder her younger self, has already (and possibly inadvertently) changed the future by bringing Hal, an Old One, in as one of her protectors.

If Hal is the Nemesis (which, granted, might easily not be the case), the only reason he's in the picture at all is because of Future Eve. This might be her plan, if she thinks Hal is destined to kill her. But then why bother with Kirby at all? Why not keep pushing Hal into giving in to his dark side in the hopes of killing off baby Eve, if she at all thinks Hal is the key here?

Given that Hal is an Old One (and apparently feared by practically all of the other Old Ones), you'd think he'd have a role to play in whatever happens. It seems like Future Eve manipulated him into coming to her younger self because she thought he'd be killing her. Which clearly didn't happen in Future Eve's own timeline. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps, "originally", Hal went crazy upon losing Leo and Pearl and reverted back to his old ways, had no support system because he never met Annie/Tom, and he ended up playing a huge role in the vampire apocalypse. Eve, knowing about Hal's history (and future), sees a murderous Old One as a perfect candidate for murdering Baby Eve. But Future Eve's actions inadvertently gave Hal a support system that he didn't "originally" have, so now, he's not going crazy. He's siding with Eve, where "originally", he might have sided against her. And that might end up making all of the difference. Maybe growing up with an Old One is a key to whatever Eve is meant to do.

Although, does anyone else want to bet that the third bit of the scroll told Eve that she wasn't really the War Child---that she was, in fact, the Nemesis? Kind of an inadvertent Antichrist, who slipped into the shoes of whoever the actual War Child was, thereby dooming the human race?

Indeg

Indeg

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

he didn't have to work that hard to prey and break down Hal, Tom and Annie though did he?

I kinda thought that was the point. This trio are beginning to bond, but they've got a long, long way to go before they become anything like as close as Annie, Mitchell and George were, which is why Kirby's timing was perfect. Their trust in one another is still fledgling and faltering, easy prey to a master like Kirby who has made that kind of manipulation his stock in trade.

As for Annie and her power, my feeling has always been that although she has a tremendous amount of power, she represses it, won't acknowledge it, for much the same reason that she didn't want Hal to tell her about his dark past. She just buries anything that she isn't comfortable with and she has never been comfortable with having that kind of ghostly power, which is why she never developed it after S1 - her comfort zone lies in simulating the most normal life she possibly can, in her circumstances, and poltergeist powers aren't part of that idealistic image. Hopefully her arc this season will lie in finally coming to terms with who and what she is and embracing her power, instead of repressing it.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

I'm not going to play the past/future/present/altered timeline game like I think the show wants me to--I had enough of that with the latest series of "Doctor Who." The depth of my involvement will be going, "Huh. I think that's Eve." when she shows up on the staticky TV.

But Hal's scar, or wound, or whatever it was....I didn't make the connection with "the man with the burned arm" until y'all mentioned it. I originally thought it was Annie's hug that did it--something about that tight ghostly contact to his flesh. It looked like an old wound to me, though, and I wondered if maybe that same ghostly contact could start the death process in him, and what we saw was an indication of necrobiosis. It is interesting that nobody noticed it when he was wearing the tank top, so it must have occurred after that scene.

BlackStar

BlackStar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

Hal got the burn from Tom.

But Hal's scar, or wound, or whatever it was....I didn't make the connection with "the man with the burned arm" until y'all mentioned it. I originally thought it was Annie's hug that did it--something about that tight ghostly contact to his flesh. It looked like an old wound to me, though, and I wondered if maybe that same ghostly contact could start the death process in him, and what we saw was an indication of necrobiosis. It is interesting that nobody noticed it when he was wearing the tank top, so it must have occurred after that scene.

Of course! It was the "toxic blood" that got on Hal's arm when he and Tom had their punch-up. Surely it will heal? I'd hate to see him die a slow, horrible death (like the vampires in the Vampire Diaries).

Edited by BlackStar, Feb 27, 2012 @ 12:02 PM.

Sonicsean34

Sonicsean34

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

Didn't comment on ep3 last week so I'll breifly mention it: very different tone what with the synchonised slaying going on at the end compared to how the show used to be where vampires rarely died! I think they killed 3 or 4 last week didn't they? that's about up there with the total on screan dustings of the first 3 seasons (Mitchel's vamp girlfriend in s1, Seth i think was an on screen death but not sure, cant remember in s2, guy on a train fanboying Mitchell in s2, then Mitchell and Herrick in the finale). All in all its become more of a standard supernatural show this year.

Now on to episode 4! I found Kirby to be far too obvious and should have set alarm bells ringing from the start. Also for fucks sakes Tom, have you ever told anyone your birth-date in that group (had other stuff going on so he may have mentioned it I don't know). Hal, wow he looked gorgeous this episode, the shirtless push ups were appreciated a lot! heck you have Tom wearing a vest but Hal outclasses him in eye-candy in a regular nice top. That had interested me from the trailer for ep 4 actually its like they suddenly modernised Hal's look from the more posh suit-ish stuff he wore when not at work to a now more C21st casual attire and hair. Also I think the actor pulls the character off far more convincingly with his struggles than Mitchell did, plus he is actually scary! The only legitimately wow thing Mitchell ever did was "I have killed more people than you have met!" which really stuck with me. Its strange because Hal with all his OCD ticks to keep under control should be laughable but he pulls it off unlike Mitchell and his Emo sobbing about being a vampire.
Annie, hmm, I think when she disappeared she did some time travel, went back to just after the season 1 finale and found where she dropped her back bone! It was a welcome improvement but felt kind of unearned.

Bad vamp guy, Cutter is it, is still good though something is not right in his performance but seeing as though he is hitting what the character is going for with 95% good execution i can easily let the quibbles slide. Just the way he casually murdered the women with no real theatrics before hand added to him greatly.

Now the baby and the future stuff, its like a noose tied to the shows neck with a large rock tied to the other end of the rope dragging the show down. What is really working is the slice of life stuff which is the shows unique selling point and all this destiny "epic" stuff doesn't really fit. If they had treated this season like a sequel series instead of this half way between of that and a continuation it would be great.

Looking forward to next weeks returning character as I liked him last time

Edited by Sonicsean34, Feb 27, 2012 @ 7:46 PM.

Munchiewoman

Munchiewoman

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:41 PM

Kirby's victory dance was simultaneously funny and creepy. He had some old school disco moves happening.

Tom and Hal keep getting better. Tom with his "I'm gay and straight, no wait, that's not right" was funny. BUt poor Hal's face when he said he was his boyfriend wins.

No, Hal can't be the man with the burned arm! Someone save him!

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

Hal may very well be the man with the burned arm, but that doesn't mean they're interpreting the prophecy correctly.

LeRoyDDD

LeRoyDDD

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

BBCA appears to be running the Pilot tomorrow…
Feb 28 at 11 A. M. EST.

thelephant

thelephant

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 12:58 AM

Hal may very well be the man with the burned arm, but that doesn't mean they're interpreting the prophecy correctly

There was so much stoopid on display this episode that I would be very, very surprised if they're capable of intepreting a newspaper correctly, nevermind an ancient prophecy.

Chenoeh

Chenoeh

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Yes! They know damn well they're missing a third of the skin, why are they assuming they can read it correctly?

LeRoyDDD

LeRoyDDD

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:46 PM

Is there a BBCA Being Human UK paced thread in TWOP forums?

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 8:40 AM

I know Annie likes to ignore the bad stuff but because she wouldn't let Hal open up about his past, I think the consequence is that he's not going to open up about having the burn in fearing of Annie and Tom both turning on him.

vivativo

vivativo

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I admit I was unsure about how much I would enjoy Series 4. I watched Series 3, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the two previous series. The first new episode on BBCA was really good.
It was heart wrenching to watch George' s scenes.
The new characters are very interesting and the acting is at a very high level. Someone on another site also praised the cinematography. It is really right up there with Top Gear and No Reservations. I miss George and Mitchell, but there are indeed more stories left to tell. I also miss the set design of the Bristol house. The Barry house makes me want to grab a paint brush.

Edited by vivativo, Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:01 PM.

K42

K42

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Finally. Finally! Badass Ghost Annie from the ends of S1/S2 returns

Finally! I knew that was the right season for that, as it started with a reminder of who's (potentially) the most powerful creature there. (We already had it spelled out on this forum years ago: in this show's universe, a vampire can easily kill one dozen men; a transformed werewolf can easily kill one dozen vampires; a ghost can easily kill everything on its path).

I liked that Hal, who's an Old One and all, was actually scared by what she did to Kirby. It wasn't even fighting, it looked like some freaking, Dr. Manhattan-like, "I command your atomic bonds to break"!

She was actually scary tonight.

Not to mention super-hot. Almost hard to recognize in that light and with that expression on her face. And Lenora Crichlow should really wear light-colored contact lenses.

Both Tom and Hal lunged out of the door and physically attacked Kirby -- a ghost! And he was physically attackable

They are, by other supernatural creatures (of course they can just teleport away if they want). Annie was struggling to be material to normal people, never to supes.

Future!Eve (if she is, in fact, Eve)

I never had any doubt about this. Doesn't she said it herself in Episode 1? Like, I'm going to kill myself? And also, one of her soldier called her "the Saviour" (or whatever) and recounted how he was excited to know her, or something.

is trying to manipulate the past to kill her baby self. However, the only reason Hal came into contact with Annie, Tom, and baby Eve in the first place is because of Future Eve's manipulations.

Not from the future, though. She had first to die, go to the other side, then started manipulating. Her storyline might have already changed, but I assume she can't be affected by the changes from where she is. Plus, she's already dead in her storyline, so it's not that this would matter too much, unless by bringing Hal to the house she will have already accomplished the mission along the road (you can argue whether she's able to watch all her life moments simultaneously. But maybe it's important that she dies while she's still less than is 1-year old, and not 2 or 5 years from now).

Why not keep pushing Hal into giving in to his dark side in the hopes of killing off baby Eve, if she at all thinks Hal is the key here?

Maybe it's not a vampire that has to kill her. She saw something in the new part of the scroll, something that pushed her to think that they did it all wrong. But maybe it's not just about her not living to grow up. (By the way, she has to have had a hell of a life and education, if she grew up to be so tough and strong-willed to sacrifice herself that coldly).

I like your theories about Eve and Ha (especially her discovering to be the Antichrist instead of the War Child). Maybe Hal was one of the leaders of the apocalypse in 2037, and now Eve is trying to change his destiny too, but that wouldn't gel with her making him lose his support system through Kirby (and since she ordered him to kill the baby pronto, therefore presumably dooming herself to oblivion, it doesn't feel like she was planning to rescue Hal later. Maybe she wants for Hal to lose control in 2012?).

Kirby's victory dance was simultaneously funny and creepy. He had some old school disco moves happening.

That actor was hammy but very effective. I've also liked his Scooby Doo ghost monologue, and that he longed for the "terrible movies" they would have made of him if he had been a more famous serial killer.

As for Annie and her power, my feeling has always been that although she has a tremendous amount of power, she represses it

She said "I have this rage inside". Hope we will see it unleashed more and more! (After all, the ghostly sfx aren't surely the most expensive, and they can be very enjoyable nonetheless).

They know damn well they're missing a third of the skin, why are they assuming they can read it correctly?

Are you doubting the VAMPIRE RECORDER? :)

Edited by K42, Feb 29, 2012 @ 9:26 PM.

Jordan44

Jordan44

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:02 AM

(3x8)

Mitchell understood what he did and what he was. He understood his being sorry didn't make it better. He understood he could never fix things. He understood that he would keep hurting people if left alive. Not only did he face the consequences of his actions, he asked for them. He owned his fate. And it was beautiful.

The ending reminded me of the Buffy episode, "The Gift", where Buffy gives her life to save her friends and the world. Mitchell had to go to save many more people and his friends who would forever be in danger with him around.

I don't really see the difference between the box 20 and the thousands of others that Mitchell has killed. So I am not quite sure what to make of the there was no going back business. Mitchell was vampire, he did his best to be human, but in the end he failed. Classic tragic character.

Technically, there wasn't. But, I think Mitchell had been exposed to a better part of humanity that made him conscious of what he had been doing and that made him feel guilty.

Whoever said that Wyndham was a bit too much of a moustache twirler, I do agree with that. And I don't see why he wouldn't just mow down George and Nina at the end, despite his curiousity about the future werebaby.

Because they didn't get roles in "The Hobbit". :)

Seriously, I think he does want to find out what the werewolf baby will turn out to be.

Edited by Jordan44, Mar 1, 2012 @ 12:04 AM.

NIccibee

NIccibee

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

What was not disturbing was Hal's 100+ barechested pushups.

Yeah, I could deal with that on rewind.

Have to say, this season of Being Human is really teaching me a lesson in the art of shutting the hell up with my complaining until I actually watch something.

I gather our US chums have just got S4 so are we black barring now? Just in case, I was the biggest fan of the George/Mitchell friendship, I adored Aidan so, so much, and wrote the show off as a likely load of crap when he got the dwarf-job and the other two left. However, I am freaking loving this season, and everyone in it.

Especially Hal <3

Edited by NIccibee, Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:02 PM.

Agnes Bean

Agnes Bean

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

NIccibee: Agreed on all counts. I was very, very attached to the old cast and especially Mitchell, and I wasn't sold during the first episode of the Series 4, and I was a bit iffy even in episode 2. But the last two episodes have really won me over -- I don't know if I'll ever love Hal the way I loved Mitchell, but he is quite enjoyable, and I love his dynamic with Tom a lot.

I still miss the old cast, but I'm really liking the new one, too, if that makes sense.

Indeg

Indeg

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 4:29 AM

By the way, she has to have had a hell of a life and education, if she grew up to be so tough and strong-willed to sacrifice herself that coldly

It probably also makes a difference that she was (probably) raised by a ghost, so death wouldn't have anything like the same meaning to her as it does to us. To her, death is just a stepping stone to another state of being, in a sense.

Rational Plan

Rational Plan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

So now we get Tom in his naked except his little cammo pants. Ooh Hal you can quote Keats at me anytime.

Agnes Bean

Agnes Bean

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

Ooh Hal you can quote Keats at me anytime.

Right? I also really enjoyed that dream sequence for non-Hal-is-hot reasons. I think this was the first time I really, REALLY got how terrifying Hal could be if he actually let his dark side out. We've gotten glimpses of it, but he was so chillingly controlled as he was making that speech about blood running in the street.

This episode was sadly lacking in Hal/Tom bromance moments, which I will readily admit are quickly becoming my favorite part of Series 4, but I still liked it. The Yvonne and Adam storyline was pretty good, and definitely provided a lot of room for good comedy.

I also really like Hal and Annie's developing relationship (which I hope stays platonic). I'm interested to see where they are going with Annie's new found power AND dark side...

Next week looks great. Very excited.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

Tom is too precious. And I loved Hal tattling on him to Annie about the swimming pool.

Loved seeing Adam again. The actor reminds of a younger James McAvoy.

So Cutler's big plan seems to be to frame the werewolves for their crimes, expose them to the media and get the humans to go after them instead of vampires all the while being oblivious to the real threat. He'll probably do more to ignite the war than anyone.

And that reporter was mad dumb. If you really suspect someone of being a vampire, why would you knowingly antagonize them? They are way stronger than you dude and will kill you without a second thought. I couldn't believe the dumb fuck locked himself in a hotel room with a vampire thinking painting a cross on a door was going to hold him off. And then Cutler played him perfectly from there. I couldn't wait until Cutler finally took him out. People like that are too stupid to live in the first place.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

Okay, that was fun. So now we have five supernatural types out there.

A part of me was hoping that Yvonne would turn out to be a witch but the succubus thing worked better and the fact that she wasn't deliberately causing men to fall for her was a nice bit of subversive.

Still, the scenes where Adam, Tom and even Hal were all fighting for her affections was pretty amusing and dark in places. I was relieved that Hal only killed Tom in a nightmare to be honest.

Adam and Yvonne remained a couple at the end, I don't know why but I was pleased for some reason. They sort of work in an odd way.

Hal singing at the start of the episode was fun but I still want him to open up about his burn though I get why he won't.

Annie wanting to kill is somewhat worrying though. Could she be a future threat to Eve? Oh and nice that this episode didn't revolve around something trying to kill Eve for a change.

Cutler is shaping up to be a great villain, isn't he? I felt bad for Pete but I knew he was doomed from the start and the last scene was fantastic, 9/10.

Dicer3

Dicer3

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 8:39 AM

Just caught up on the latest series, and I am loving it. I was a big fan of Mitchell and was thinking of giving up the show after he left, but decided to just give it a try. And a good thing I did. Series 3 was too depressing, and I am glad that series 4 has gone back to the lighter comedy overtones that series 1 had. And this maybe blasphemy, but I am actually liking Hal better than Mitchell. Mainly because of his little oddities. Tom is not bad either, although I am not a big fan of Michael Socha's acting. Annie still gets on my nerves a bit with her naivety and I hope they explore her powers/shed some light on it.

And I hope they stick with OCD Hal all the time. It was a bit strange when all his furniture was randomly thrown across the door instead of neatly arranged in front of it :D Maybe he was too terrified.

Loved Adam. Craig Roberts does such a good job. Cutler seems to have heard of Hal's escape story. I wonder if there is a connection between the two of them.

Agnes Bean

Agnes Bean

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

And I hope they stick with OCD Hal all the time. It was a bit strange when all his furniture was randomly thrown across the door instead of neatly arranged in front of it :D Maybe he was too terrified.

I loved that moment -- he was so afraid of losing control he actual barred himself into his room(/Yvonne out). He is clearly painfully aware of how little it would take to make him slip up -- I think way more aware than Mitchell ever was (and I say that as a HUGE Mitchell fan).

In fact, I think the reason Hal has stolen my heart so quickly is that he, more than any other vampire I've ever seen on TV, consistently puts controlling himself above all else.

All other reformed vamps I've seen -- including Mitchell up until he realized he had to die -- always seem to want to have their cake and eat it to. They want to continue to be in the real world and live their lives while abstaining from blood, and that often leads to slip ups. Hal is such an interesting contrast -- Annie and Tom have to basically drag him out of the house, and for good reason. The few times he's been out in the real world without one of them by his side he's come very close to hurting someone.

It'll be interesting to see if he can ever integrate back into the world on his own, but I definitely like that he's starting from a point where he CAN'T. It's the kind of story only a show like Being Human, with it's focus on the supernaturals instead of on humans interacting with supernaturals, can really do well.

thelephant

thelephant

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

Cutler seems to have heard of Hal's escape story. I wonder if there is a connection between the two of them.

I thought in the first episode this season, the way that Griffin (?) said to Cutler that his maker wasn't 'here anymore', that he might have been made by Hal, which would explain his fairly high ranking amongst the Barry vampires.

It was good to see Adam again, although a bit disappointing that there wasn't a way to squeeze in how Mitchell, George and Nina died, and Adam was over it in 10 seconds. The BT20 and George and Nina's murders would have dove-tailed nicely into Adam's decision to stay with Yvonne, and underscored his rivalry with Tom. I missed Krista and Matt too. I guess we won't be seeing them again.

And minimal baby and no blond tv ghost - hooray!