America's Best Dance Crew

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3656 replies to this topic

La Guanaca

La Guanaca

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 6:24 PM

From what I see:

It looks like Supreme Soul and Phresh select are at the bottom. I don't know, but it just looks like they are standing side by side facing the judges. SS is bound to be at the bottom considering how much people dislike them.

jani14344

jani14344

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 9:04 PM

I thikn that Fanny Pak has the tween vote this time around.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Jul 9, 2008 @ 11:22 PM

I have to eat my words about Fanny Pack. They're becoming quite a favorite! Love the Toy Soldiers dance from last week. Still haven't seen the whole show, but c'est la vie.

XDF were much better, but still they should have been eliminated for being so sloppy.

No "chicken" comments from the Mama this week?

shoshie

shoshie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 12:42 AM

My favorites from those pics is Shane pulling some faces behind Lil Mama and Layla!

I love that we can't tell with certainty who's eliminated yet. I like to watch every once in awhile and be surprised.

I'm looking forward to Super Cr3w with the gold paint. It reminds me of the street shows I see all the time in NYC with the robotic movement and freezes.

shimi

shimi

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 1:23 AM

I think the challenge is that part of the song gets sped up? Makes sense when you look at most of the assigned songs. The spoilers look and sound good. I'm very psyched for tommorrow's show. No matter who goes home I'm looking forward to good performances all around...

Raven52

Raven52

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 1:13 PM

Here are more clues for tonight:

Soon you’ll be able to see what they’ve been ordered to keep secret! We can give you a few hints for now:
- someone gets threaded through their group
- a crew gets their drink on!
- Skeletor’s face
- everyone loves a body wave
Tonight’s challenge for the crews is to do a complex transition between a slow song and a fast one. It’s not easy to do a transition between simple dance moves, let alone speed up your dance three-fold. Some will prevail, some will fail miserably…

BKs Nimo

BKs Nimo

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 10:04 PM

Fanny Pack was fantastic, my favorite of the night. It was just so damn creative and their transition from slow to fast was great. Loved ASIID as well and the way that they incorporated the ballet into the show. I pretty much agreed with all of the judges' assessments tonight.

Raven52

Raven52

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 10:07 PM

Fanny Pack proved why they did not deserved to be in the bottom 3 tonight. I hope they are in the top next week! ASIID and Supreme Soul were a close 2nd and 3rd for me.

RJames05

RJames05

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 10:12 PM

FANNY PAK SHUT IT DOWN.

That was easily the best routine of the night and next week they better be safe. Wow, just amazing. ASIID also did a good job, loved their routines. I'm so glad my two favorites are workin it.

Based off these performances, Boogie Bots and SoReal Cru/Supreme Soul should be Bottom 2 next week imo.

Edited by RJames05, Jul 11, 2008 @ 3:54 AM.

jaybear1701

jaybear1701

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 10:14 PM

I freakin' loved Fanny Pak. They were the only crew that didn't look like a sloppy hot mess during the "fast" portion of the song. I am definitely going to power vote for them as long as I can tonight. I'd give second place to ASIID.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 10:33 PM

FP might just win it all. ASIID was amazing and including the pointe work in their dance. They were both amazing!

Ok, now I know who Phresh Select because they were eliminated, but the rest are still a blur and sound alike. They're all good at this time and it's going to be tough from now on even though FP really stands out.

cpsb77

cpsb77

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 10:57 PM

Fanny Pak and ASIID were definitely the top two of the night. The pointe work definitely took me by surprise. It was a big risk and I admire ASIID for taking it. Fanny Pak at the prom...all I can say is :-D.

I did not like Supreme Soul and, IMO, that final battle was the least engaging battle this show has ever had. I honestly didn't care who stayed and who went because it didn't look to me like either crew came out to win. It was more "We're here. We're dancing. And there was much rejoycing. Yay." That is not what I want to see. I want to see some crews go down fighting.

Janet Jackson challenge next week. Could I BE more excited?!?

BKs Nimo

BKs Nimo

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 11:04 PM

Janet Jackson challenge next week. Could I BE more excited?!?

Same here!! I'm hoping that Rhythm Nation and If will be two of the songs/videos chosen (especially IF).

SenshiG

SenshiG

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 11:08 PM

ASIID redeemed from their so-so performance last week! I loved that they didn't slack during the slow part -- they worked hard all the way! Fanny Pak was a very, very close second for me. They looked great.

Super Crew had a great fast part but kind of a boring slow part, while So Real Cru was great on the slow part and not as good on the fast. They're my third and fourth.

I guess Supreme Soul did pretty well, too, but they should watch the attitude -- likability plays a big role in how excited people get about the crews. They do realize they have some kick-ass competition, right?

GingerLucky

GingerLucky

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 11:15 PM

I am still not able to get on the Fanny Pak train. I almost hopped on after Toy Soldier, but tonight's was just meh to me.

I thought Supreme Soul's shirt trick was sweet, but the "Know Your Rank" thing was a tad bit ironic to say the least.

ASIID will remain my favorite, and how come we didn't hear about their bad performance last week being due to Joey losing his hearing until just now?

catgyrl

catgyrl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 10, 2008 @ 11:38 PM

ASIID will remain my favorite, and how come we didn't hear about their bad performance last week being due to Joey losing his hearing until just now?

This was mentioned on the very first show (and pretty much repeated in some fashion every week since... haha)

hanzz

hanzz

Couch Potato

• Interests:TAR, Lost, The office, Heroes

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 12:05 AM

Can someone tell me the numbers to call?? My VCR (don't.hate.) didnt record and I fits ta vote! (after I view the youtube clips of course)

shimi

shimi

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 12:37 AM

I was a little let down by the execution of the challenge, especially by the first two or three crews. I think the master mixes just didn't grab me this week. I really enjoyed ASIID & Fannypak... way to step up to the challenges with energy & spirit. Supreme Soul & SoReal were OK but I liked them much better last week. I was glad JC called out SuperCrew for their lame-ass non-dancing. I loved the look of the piece and that was about it. I am really looking forward to the Janet episode. So many cool songs to choose from!

Bye bye Boogiebots. What a sodden, uninspiring mess they were tonight. Way to have an off week...

rabal

rabal

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 1:30 AM

Yes! After last cycle's(?) Michael Jackson episode I knew they had to do a Janet episode. I hope they assign "If" to ASIID and "Pleasure Principle" to Fanny Pak. I predict "Rhythm Nation" and maybe "Feedback" will be part of the mix too.

truconfession

truconfession

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 1:48 AM

Tonight Fanny Pak and ASSID killed. There were the best of the night IMO. I liked Fanny Pak better, but none the less they both killed.

Once again I'm not wowed by Super Cr3w and I'm a really glad that Shane has finally stopped jocking them. I can appreciate what the do. They are B-Boys. But I don't put breaking in the same category as choreographed dancing. To me what they do becomes repetitive. Just B-Boy moves and posturing. I don't like comparing Jabba with this season because they are separate, but from my recollection the Jabbas were B-Boys as well. But they also knew how to what do what I considered dancing. They kept me interested and didn't rely solely on B-Boying. There were elements of it here and there, but it wasn't what seemed like their entire routines. I still haven't seen Super do this. From what I see all they can do is B-Boy and I want more out of them. I can already tell there is no way in hell they will ever be on the bottom and they will probably take the win, but I can't back them. To me they need to do more.

Phresh Select, I didn't care for at all. The nerd thing has been so over done and the doll in the middle was a little odd. I found it all poorly executed. (I don't think any can ever top the Benji and (? don't remember his name) from SYTYCD in the nerd routine. I loved that routine)

I don't remember Boogie Bots routine, which is not good. I liked them last week, but I have no clue what they did right now.

Supreme Soul was okay. I didn't dislike them, but it was nothing special.

I still don't like So Real Crew. I don't see their appeal at all and I'm tried of the purple. Was it explained in the Audition why they are always wear purple? Is that their "thing"? I believe they even wear the same outfits over and over or something. I know the girls wore that shirt already. I know I am being nit picky I just don't care for them and for some reason the girls bug.

I think that was everybody. I am really excited for next week, Janet Jackson! I cant wait to see what the crews come up with.

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 2:25 AM

These are going to be some interesting upcoming episodes. All of the crews are versatile, more so than last season, but the challenges cause some of them to stumble at different times. I've been four for four on predicting who, out of the bottom two, went home, but from here on out, it's tough.

Boogie Bots struggled and definitely lost points with that ending that didn't quite follow through. The rest of their routine was pretty good, and transitioned well, but that huge mistake at the end could cost them.

Super Crew had the originality, but their dance had a lot of down time. They synchronized their breaking, but Shane Sparks mentioned that this performance didn't KILL IT. While a headspin is athletically impressive, it's already been done on this show, and for much longer.

ASIID, the crew I thought would have no trouble nailing the fast part... well, they didn't really have a slow section. Not that it was bad, but it's like when Live In Color stated that "Hey Mama" was a slow song to dance to. I can't help but drop my jaw and say, "That's slow? Damn... " They rocked both sections, slow or not.

SoReal, by contrast, shined during the slow section. The judges were on when they said that SoReal thought too much about getting through the fast section that they weren't as charismatic.

Fanny Pak was amazing. They told a great story and executed it with flair and precision. The Mariah Carey song they got completely fit as a prom song, and they hit it hard, and it was dope, and... other sayings like that.

Phresh Select, despite the benefit of going first (almost every time, the first crew in the bottom two to perform stays) and having a superior costume, fell apart. I think Phresh never had that particular "oomph" moment that the other crews had, and not being a standout crew caught up with them.

Supreme Soul did not have their best performance this week, despite what Shane said. I thought their other weeks were better. They seemed too bothered by being in the bottom that they scrapped their usual smoothness for a routine filled with angst. But they hit their steps better than Phresh Select and that was enough.

lanter

lanter

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 2:41 AM

The first few weeks that I watched the show ASIID was my favorite group but now I am all about Fanny Pak. They are the only ones whose routines I can easily remember from week to week and the props/storylines that they come up with are fun but do not detract from their actual dancing. The 80's prom idea was awesome and well deserving of the post performance name chant they got from the audience. SYTYCD should snap up the groups choreographer. Tonight Fanny Pak tore it up, if they hit the bottom anything next week I will be pissed off.

ASIID was also really good. I respect that they did not bring up Joey's lost hearing aid last week after the judges told them they were out of sync.

One of the reasons why Fanny Pak and ASIID are my top two is because they don't rely on "tricks" to get them by, although that might be what is hurting Fanny Pak when it comes to certain voters.

Phresh Select, what in the hell was that? If you answered corny and boring give yourself a cookie.

EvieRain

EvieRain

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Does anyone look at this? Who cares?

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 3:17 AM

Someone else pointed out to me that BoogieBots tonight seemed a little recycled with the glittery aviators, the gloves and the hand movements. And I have to agree that part of their performance was very reminiscent of a watered down Thriller.

I know I am being nit picky I just don't care for them and for some reason the girls bug.

I feel exactly the same way about SoReal. I like some of what they do, but everything is so same-y with them: smooth choreo, Andrew throwing in a glide, boring outfits. Maybe the mixes sucked too much, but definitely I feel that they really wasted an opportunity to show us something different, more of their versatility, in the sped up portion. Also, the blonder girl bugs me, and I have no idea why. Same goes for their tall dude that yelled "Explosion!" at the camera during the rehearsal footage.

Super Cr3w lacked the big WOW factor this week, but I liked that they used the transition from slow to fast to throw in some footwork. It gives them a chance to show that they can rock the beat. And synchronizing it is harder than I think people give them credit for. I don't think the camera work really did that section justice, and all that gold didn't really help either. The judges comments' were warranted, but I don't feel like they biffed it this week and I'm still not writing off Super Cr3w.

What was the deal with Supreme Soul's shirts? I'm trying to like them, but I felt like some of their other routines were cleaner and more interesting than this one.

I liked ASIID a lot, but enjoyed Fanny Pak the most. I think Fanny Pak was the crew that maintained a good energy and high level of performance throughout their number, while other crews struggled in one half or another.

I could do without the proliferation of props this season.

Edited by EvieRain, Jul 11, 2008 @ 5:30 PM.

jani14344

jani14344

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 3:39 AM

I loved Fanny Pak tonight. I was in love with them before but I am more flovin with them now. I loved how their slow part had some highlights for each member of the team and how it was just so seamless. The fast portion was difficult as hell and they ripped it. I loved that it was the girls who chanted their names first before the chant grew even louder. Their routine IMO was one of the memorable routines in both seasons. I dont think they will win this season but I am just enjoying the Fanny Pak ride.

Edited by jani14344, Jul 11, 2008 @ 3:46 AM.

BKs Nimo

BKs Nimo

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 9:02 AM

This was mentioned on the very first show (and pretty much repeated in some fashion every week since... haha)

No it's that...we all know he's deaf. But, we saw that Joey's hearing aid actually fell out during last week's performance, thus the reason why he was so out of sync with the group. Not that that's an excuse--but it's a very good explanation.

catgyrl

catgyrl

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 10:01 AM

No it's that...we all know he's deaf. But, we saw that Joey's hearing aid actually fell out during last week's performance, thus the reason why he was so out of sync with the group. Not that that's an excuse--but it's a very good explanation.

Oops - my bad. I hadn't watched the show when I originally replied. That's too bad, but he's awesome, just the same.

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 10:30 AM

Supreme Soul did not have their best performance this week, despite what Shane said. I thought their other weeks were better.

I agree. I really liked their Chris Brown routine and their performance last week, but this week didn't do much for me. They were better than Phresh Select, but that wasn't saying much this week. JC (I think) said it more diplomatically, but if they're not happy about their placement then they need to stop whining and start kicking ass.

I LOVED ASIID coming back strong after last week--I hope they stick around for a lot longer. And it goes without saying that Fanny Pak is amazing. I feel like they were worried more about fitting a certain image for the show the first few weeks that didn't highlight who they are as a group, but are more comfortable being themselves now. It seems like last season groups only used props or creative costumes when the challenge required it, but now we're seeing it a bit every week and I think that's Fanny Pak's influence. They're such great entertainers.

SoReal and SuperCr3w are boring. They're both fine, but with ASIID and Fanny Pak tearing it up they just can't compare.

And has anyone seen commercials for the DVD release of Step It Up 2? They mention Jabbawockeez!

Edited by MaryWebGirl, Jul 11, 2008 @ 10:31 AM.

cpsb77

cpsb77

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 11:21 AM

I kind of appreciate that this wasn't brought up until last night. Unlike another dance show that will remain nameless, this makes me feel like someone is not trying to influence the way I vote. ASIID was off, we all saw it. Ok, so we find out later that Joey struggled, but that didn't influence our initial impressions of the dancing as the viewing audience. We didn't see the "flaw", we only saw a moment where they were not at their best and we were free to judge them based on THAT and not something that could have easily been used as a crutch. Props to both ASIID and the show for this. Also, JC has made it very clear he accepts no excuses when it comes to a shoddy performance. Do or do not, there is no try for him, so don't play the "poor me" angle. ASIID made a smart choice by accepting the criticisms and working hard to bring a cleaner performance and not going "OMG but Joey can't heeeeaaarrrrrrr!"

Which brings up yet another thing about them that I love: their unity. They are a group first, and there is no under-bus-throwing of individual members. In my experience, that is a very abnormal way for a group of dancers to operate, so I find that really, really made of awesome.

I also agree with the posts that said Fanny Pak's choreographer rocks and that they are really coming into their own. I love that they come up with something every week that makes me remember them.

Also, since I'm on the lovemobile right now, I love that this show gives us so much stuff to talk about, both positive and negative.

SassandtheCity

SassandtheCity

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 12:39 PM

What was up with JC's comment about the guys in Fanny Pak booty popping? Oh how quick we forget our days doing the same moves in NSYNC while performing Just Got Paid.

Buffeeluvr

Buffeeluvr

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 4:47 PM

Wow, I thought I was the only one with an irrational, unexplainable aversion to SoReal Crew. I mean, by all accounts they should be among my favorites: they are innovative, clean, and Kaba Modern-esque. And yet, they seriously bug. Especially the blonde girl, as stated by another poster. She just seems... smarmy?

Anyway, Fanny Pak once again rocked my world. They were theatrical, precise, entertaining and provided the most entertaining 50-or-so seconds of television I've watched this week. There's no way they'll end up in the bottom again.

Also, I agree with the posters who feel that SuperCrew is highly overrated. They're like Jabbawockeez-wannabes without any of the actual dance talent. All they do is lock their arms and perform simplistic dance moves in between bouts of stunts. Yawn.

Edited by Buffeeluvr, Jul 11, 2008 @ 4:49 PM.