America's Best Dance Crew

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3656 replies to this topic

SendNoMoney

SendNoMoney

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

Just saw the LMFAO episode, and was really happy to see Rated Next Generation "walking it out" when their banner fell. I was getting so tired of the eliminated crew just standing around and posing with the banner. Hope the trend continues in the following weeks. It was one of my favourite parts of the earlier seasons.

stafford

stafford

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

I must have been hallucinating tonight when all three judges wet themselves over Most Wanted's first number. I thought they were out of sync and out of step most of the time. I was glad to see them go. I guess I just have an aversion to crews that form just to win ABDC because they don't have the synchronicity. It all just seems "off" a bit.

I guess the young girls will probably be a lock to win and I do think they are talented but they certainly can't compete with Quest Crew, Jaba or, frankly, most of the previous winners but good for them for taking a mediocre season and adding a bit of flavor to the crews. Note they are 1,000 percent better than Iconic Boys (yikes, they still make me shudder).

And what the hell is so wrong about Gilbert Arizona that Electrolytes made Lil' Mama forget where they were from? Come on.

Cynthia187

Cynthia187

Stalker

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

Most Wanted is gone? I guess Chachi is crying in her cereal now. She turned me off with her over the top hate towards other teams because of her budding romance.

blaase

blaase

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 1:47 AM

I am real happy 8 flavahz and Elektrolyes are in the finale and that Mos wanted got the boot, they have been overated all season and am glad they are finally done.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 2:36 AM

I didn't know a new season had started and caught tonight's episode by accident. I have to say I wasn't impressed with any of the crews and when I heard the judges comments (<insert crew name>, that was your best routine all season!") I realized I hadn't missed anything. Really? that was their best all season?

So I started off the episode disappointed that I had missed some great dancing and finished the episode grateful that I hadn't wasted my time.

Although, I have to say, I do enjoy Lil Mama. She has a way of bringing the ridiculous that makes me smile.

Chocolyric

Chocolyric

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 8:07 AM

This is the first season where I can't choose between the finalists. I was sleeping on Electrolytes until their subway performance (probably my fave of the season) but now I'm totally rooting for them. 8Flavahz also had a favorite routine of mine (Vogue), then I started getting bored with them, but the past two weeks, they've come out of the gate again. Never liked Mos Wanted that much. Their last routine was a good one, I guess. I just vastly prefer the other crews.

Stalkmylife82

Stalkmylife82

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

I guess the young girls will probably be a lock to win and I do think they are talented but they certainly can't compete with Quest Crew, Jaba or, frankly, most of the previous winners but good for them for taking a mediocre season and adding a bit of flavor to the crews. Note they are 1,000 percent better than Iconic Boys (yikes, they still make me shudder).

I really disagree with this being a mediocre season. In my opinion, this has been one of the best seasons in years. Also, we have one of the rare times where the top 2 crews for the finale have fought hard for their spots. Neither one of them have had a easy walk to the finals.

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 1:27 PM

I can't really decide which crew I want to win. Both have made very compelling cases and some very strong performances. On average, I think this was one of the strongest and most tightly matched Top Three showdowns. The competition this season was insanely brutal ever since Collizion Crew was eliminated, as compared to last season when it was fairly obvious early on it would come down to either IaMmE or Phunk Phenomenon fighting to take the overall majority of votes from Iconic Boyz.

I guess from a sociological standpoint, I'd go with 8 Flavahz, who would not only be the first kid crew to win, but the first crew to have a serious and unparalleled foundation in classical technique. Elektrolytes seem like a safer pick, and they will probably win if the trend of the Penultimate Bottom 2 winner continues.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

[quote']
I can't really decide which crew I want to win. Both have made very compelling cases and some very strong performances. On average, I think this was one of the strongest and most tightly matched Top Three showdowns..
[/quote]

I agree to a point, only I thought Mos Wanted Crew didn't really bring their A-game to the finale. While their performance was miles better than last weeks (and they should be embarrassed by last weeks performance), they still didnt impress me that much in their routine or their battle. And did one of their guys totally whiff a solo move- it seemed like something didnt look quite right in the first round.

However, I think Electrolytes and 8 Flavahz both had extremely well done performances. Especially Electrolytes - their J Lo performance was my favorite all season, and I thought they've been doing great side then. But, unless I missed it, did both groups totally skip the gliding? I don't think I saw either crew actually glide, while I noticed Mos Wanted Crew did.

And while I always like when every group has to use the same mixes, I was disappointed they all didn't have the same mix- one of the my favorite parts of season 3 was seeing every group use the exact same mix and how they worked with that. I also missed having the final 2 groups do a finale performance- that final performance was what won Quest the title.

I think it's going to be a close battle, but I think I'm giving the edge to Electrolytes, just because I think they're going to pick up a lot of Mos Wanted Crews votes - I bet their fan base overlaps a lot more than it would with 8 Flavaz.

scruffy73

scruffy73

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

And while I always like when every group has to use the same mixes, I was disappointed they all didn't have the same mix- one of the my favorite parts of season 3 was seeing every group use the exact same mix and how they worked with that. I also missed having the final 2 groups do a finale performance- that final performance was what won Quest the title.

Quest Crew season (3?) didn't have the exact same mixes. I thought Quest had the best mix.

I was sad that Mos Wanted got the boot because overall I liked them. I will say that I slept on the Electrolytes. They really did the damn thang. I hope 8 Flavahz wins though...but I am not voting so I guess I'm not that invested.

Mr. 888

Mr. 888

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

The master mixes in the Top Three, since Season 3, are all different master mixes (the orders and sections are different) but use the same songs. It's the closest to seeing how different crews would approach the same song, which I think is fair since some crews tend to get screwed by horrible song selections.

CPP83

CPP83

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Well that was a not very surprising ending to a pretty average season. The winners from last season really underwhelmed me and really, looking back they weren't all that impressive.

I think the music really hindered the kids this time around, once again, and it'd be nice if they would look at what worked so well in Season 1 and go back to it. They don't need to try and be the SYTYCD of dance competitions.

Katy Perry's music barely passes for music, let alone songs that you could dance to that doesn't just require bobbing your head or hopping around.

What I would enjoy to see is them bringing in different choreographers each week to work with the crew, one choreographer to work with every group to see who can do the best with what they're given and the songs as well, that'd be a nice twist I think.

But mostly I just miss the hip hop, real hip hop, music, and artists.

beetlesoda

beetlesoda

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

I can't believe there wasn't a last chance dance? That sucks, they should've let the groups dance to their style of music without any silly challenges just once. Even the stupid finale was dedicated to Katy Perry.

Congrats Electro, I definitely feel like they wanted it more. Aww 8 flavors, you girls definitely left your mark and I see big things for you in the future. I'm really bitter that their last performance of the show was with WAH, I not the biggest fan of pereotics but I would've definitely preferred them or any other ex champion group besides WAH

Stalkmylife82

Stalkmylife82

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 6:53 AM

I don't see this being a lackluster season at all. It's been one of the most well rounded seasons I can remember.

iAmMe were awseome as usual. They killed their routine.

I do wish they would just have different songs throughout the night instead of this superstars bs. The superstars nights were awesome during the earlier seasons because it was like once a season and when they did it, it was featuring dance icons or artists with a bunch hot tracks to dance too (Michael & Janet Jackson/Missy Elliot). No one needs a full night of Katy Perry or LMAFO (and I don't hate either of them at all we just don't need a full night of them.)

Electro did what a lot of crews do on this show which is peak at the right time while other crews sort of run out of gas. I'm very happy with the outcome.

All of the groups dances were great too. I have no complaints there either.

Edited by Stalkmylife82, Jun 14, 2012 @ 6:55 AM.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Jun 14, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

Damn, I was hoping for an 8Flavs win, I thought they would do it. But I was glad to see that little bit about choosing the costumes because it was something I wondered about. It looks like the teams get to pick their own look, so now I know who to blame when they come out in something stupid.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 5:58 AM

I would have been fine with either crew winning, but I'm happy for Electrolytes. They definetly peaked at the right time, and they've been putting in solid performances all season.

Aww 8 flavors, you girls definitely left your mark and I see big things for you in the future. I'm really bitter that their last performance of the show was with WAH, I not the biggest fan of pereotics but I would've definitely preferred them or any other ex champion group besides WAH

See, I wasn't all that excited about either crew dancing with the former winners, because neither group got their styles to mesh very well. I never really liked poreotixs (I disliked them enough that I practically skipped their entire season), and I didn't think their routine with Electrolytes was anything special. But then again, I felt the same way about the WAH and 8 Flavaz final dance. I would have rather watched each crew do a final dance to whatever song they wanted.

Two things did warm my heart though:
1. The final two crews plus Lil Mama and JC walking at Relay for Life. I thought it was sweet.
2. When Electrolytes was announced the winner, I thought it was extremely classy that every member of 8 Flavaz jumped up, clapped, and went over immediately to congratulate them. Even though you could tell on some of their faces (esp the blond twin - Tiara?) that they were disappointed, I felt like that was a very nice thing to do. From the Relay for Life clips and how they acted to them on stage, it seemed like those two crews had a big brother/big sister type of relationship and I thought it was cute.

And I don't feel one way or the other about Katy Perry, but I thought it was silly to have the finale based around her music. They should have done her in an earlier week (maybe swap her out for Drake), and then let the crews do their own thing in the finale. I also found that when she was talking to the crews that she had a really weird affect to her voice - like she wanted to sound excited, but couldn't fake it, because everything out of her mouth (including encouragement) was all said in the most monotone voice possible.

GiantFlemish

GiantFlemish

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 7:40 AM

Since RNG was out I was excited, but ambivalent, for the finale.

1. Katy Perry is dull. Disappointing.
2. It was a little silly to have her advice to the girls costume centered.
The "Girl Power" thing.
The We Are Heroes thing.
Wish it had just been a dance thing.
3. I wish I had not been subjected to We Are Heroes' mommy-body friendly slimming cutouts.
Even more assaulted by their camel toes.
4. The more I thought about it, the happier I am for Electolytes.
Gives them a chance to escape Arizona.
5. I can't believe IamMe was last season.
It feels like decades ago.
6. 8 Flahvahz will be just fine.
They handled themselves like professionals when their name wasn't called. Props.

Edited by GiantFlemish, Jun 15, 2012 @ 7:46 AM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 1:29 AM

Most Wanted is gone? I guess Chachi is crying in her cereal now. She turned me off with her over the top hate towards other teams because of her budding romance.

I was a big fan of iAmMe last season but Chachi and her whole family are such damn drama queens on twitter(from her obsession with Ian, apparent dislike of her own crew member Jaja, and general bratty behavior) that I now get annoyed every time I see her. I still like the rest of the crew. And she's still a great dancer but I had to unfollow that chick because she acts every bit her age.

I really wanted 8 Flahvahz to win but I'm okay with an Electrolytes win too. As long as it wasn't going to be Most Wanted Crew.

Edited by Turkish, Jun 16, 2012 @ 1:30 AM.

z-26

z-26

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Chachi and her whole family are such damn drama queens on twitter(from her obsession with Ian, apparent dislike of her own crew member Jaja, and general bratty behavior)

Wait, what? Details? I'm too lazy to look through her twitter.

Lei733

Lei733

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 8, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

CPP83:
But mostly I just miss the hip hop, real hip hop, music, and artists.

Here, here. The quality of music, in general, has declined over the years, IMO.

I tried to watch this season. I was turned off by the music they are forcing the crews to dance to. I'll try and watch the dancing somewhere on the web. I hope I won't be distracted by the horrible music. It's hard to enjoy a dance when you don't like the music. I applaud the crews for dancing to them even though I'm pretty sure most of them would have preferred to dance to a different music.

This show hooked me with the dancing and the music. I love season 1 the best when the dancing and music was more hip hop.

I miss the Jabbawockeez. I just saw their performance in the 2012 Hip Hop International this month. They are still amazing! Supercrew was with them, in Jabba masks as usual. Baby Wockee had a solo performance too. She got even better.

Here's the link to the performance: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yFyvLuHKNTE

Edited by Lei733, Aug 10, 2012 @ 6:23 AM.

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

Can't believe they cancelled this show. Did not think it was doing that bad in the ratings, what a shame.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Nov 12, 2012 @ 2:51 AM

NOOOOOOOO, why did they cancel it? I love this show.

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

I can't say the cancellation necessarily surprises me, but I am pretty bummed out.

Lei733

Lei733

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

Cancelled? Can't say I am surprised. It is kinda sad that we won't get to see anymore amazing dance crews. I don't like the other dance shows at all. The quality has been declining each season.

Thanks MTV for bringing us the Jabbawockeez! Now, go back to showing more music videos instead of reality shows.

Stardancer2001

Stardancer2001

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 8:14 AM

Now they need to put the DVDs out!

Stalkmylife82

Stalkmylife82

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2012 @ 9:18 AM

The money it would cost viacom for all the music rights would be insane.

Lei733

Lei733

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

Ben "Btek" from the Jabbawockeez and Yuri from Kaba Modern are engaged! https://twitter.com/...923583805612032

Like, whoah, I didn't even know they were still going out. I thought they broke up. Well, congrats to them!