Just for Fun: Project Runway All Stars!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

18 replies to this topic

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 6:12 PM

It seems inevitable that Project Runway will eventually have an all stars season.  Who knows, maybe they are planning one now.  Who would you cast for Project Runway All Stars?  Here is my list (forgive my spelling):

Austin
Daniel V
Jay
Laura Bennet
Uncle Nick
Andre
Michael
Keith (yes, cheater Keith, he brings the pretty)

From this season, Christian and Chris.

I'm tempted to throw in Wendy Pepper, although not that tempted.

samsnee

samsnee

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 7:20 PM

I think if they did this, it should be a much shortened season. I don't know if they should even do Fashion Week as the final competition, as it might have a been there/done that vibe.

LingPetunia

LingPetunia

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 7:24 PM

I don't know that they'll ever do one, but I'll throw some names out there. My first rule would be no winners allowed! It drives me crazy when an all-stars season includes past winners: you've already been there, won that. Give someone else a chance. Anyway..

From season one: Austin (though I don't think he'd do it), Kevin, Alexandra

Season two: Kara Janx, Andrae, Santino, Raymundo (I remember liking something he did before he did the "Barefoot Appalachian Barbie")

Season three: Alison, Kayne, Michael (though I don't think he'd do it either)

Season four: Chris, Christian, Kevin and .... Simone. I got the feeling she could have been a contender.

ETA, I guess mine would be more of a "second-chance" than an All-Stars Edition. I'm more interested in people who left before their time, and I'd like to see what they could do with another shot.

Edited by LingPetunia, Jan 17, 2008 @ 7:26 PM.

AuntMizbehavn

AuntMizbehavn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 8:09 PM

I would have to add Robert Best from Season 3. Just so Kayne would have a snarking buddy.

Maleficient

Maleficient

Fanatic

• Interests:music videos; zachary quinto

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 8:17 PM

I always thought it might be interesting to see more from Diana.

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 11:03 PM

I don't know that they'll ever do one, but I'll throw some names out there. My first rule would be no winners allowed! It drives me crazy when an all-stars season includes past winners: you've already been there, won that. Give someone else a chance. Anyway..

Totally! I'd go a step further and say no one who showed in Bryant Park in the past seasons (previous top 4's) but then I figured it would be a bit too much. So here's my list:

Austin
Kevin
Uncle Nick
Andre
Dirty Diana!
Crazy Lupe!
Robert Best
Malan

Blueberry17

Blueberry17

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 11:18 PM

My cast for an all-star challenge would be

Austin
Kara
Daniel V
Santino
Uli
Michael
Kit
Christian

I think the idead of "best of" challenges is good PoshGirl.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the winners compete against each other. Maybe sometime down the way they would do that.

Edited by Blueberry17, Jan 18, 2008 @ 3:05 AM.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 11:42 PM

If they did do an all star season I think it would be cool if the challenges were "best of" challenges (maybe with a twist, although season three twists were really annoying).

TWoP Nikita

TWoP Nikita

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2008 @ 11:54 PM

This thread is fine if it's going to be a discussion thread, but please remember that just posting lists and not discussing anything regarding those lists isn't a workable topic.

Taj Cloud7

Taj Cloud7

Couch Potato

• Interests:Besides the TV shows I post about - theater, knitting, sports, my kids

Posted Jan 18, 2008 @ 4:50 PM

Somehow I don't think he'd come back but for me to watch, they would have to have Malan.

I do always feel with this show that some of the better designers go out early and I've never
been able to figure out why. I mean Ricky is still there this year, how? And Angela and Vincent
from Season 3 over Malan and Alison. I didn't start watching until Season 2 and everytime they
do a Season 1 marathon I seem to pick it up at the post office challenge. I need someone to
let me know the next time they do a Season 1 marathon.

I'd like a mix-up of challenges too, reuse some add some new, and NO TEAMWORK unless TPTB
give an extra perk, like immunity, or more time, or something to the designers who agree to
be the team leaders.

Andrae, Malan, Alison, Diana, Elisa from this year (you'd need some good crazy), Robert Best, yeah,
I'd like that. How about Jack? I would like to see more of what he can do.

Edited by Taj Cloud7, Jan 18, 2008 @ 4:51 PM.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2008 @ 6:37 PM

I do always feel with this show that some of the better designers go out early... Angela and Vincent
from Season 3 over Malan and Alison

I can understand Malan going out when he did. It was early in the series and that lumpy bodice that he made for Miss USA was pretty heinous. Plus, the dress was too short, and you know how Nina is about hems! But I couldn't understand Alison's aufing at all. Her recycling dress was great; Tim thought it was a contender for the win. I did think that the hair bow or whatever that thing was had a lot to do with it, the model's size not so much.

Ricky should have been auf'd instead of Kevin, but, this week, I think Kit deserved to go. She was the team leader and the whole concept was hers, along with the execution of the avant garde dress.

It would be interesting to have some of the early "aufees" come back, because so little was seen of their work. Malan, Simone and Marion spring to mind. Also, an all-star show of fan favorites would be cool. This year, that would be Elisa and Chris.

audrey hepburn

audrey hepburn

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2008 @ 2:15 PM

It would be interesting to have some of the early "aufees" come back, because so little was seen of their work. Malan, Simone and Marion spring to mind.

I know. I'm definitely on board with Malan's return and/or participation. It's truly amazing how popular one designer can be after just two episodes. I'll always *heart* Malan Breton from Taiwan...or wherever it was he said. And Simone. Poor thing. She seemed nice.

I won't do a list because you've all done it and have included my favs. However, I did notice the absence of Carmen. Seriously. I really do feel that the girl did have talent, a very specific aesthetic and a vision. She just came off kind of...rough and not all warm and fuzzy. I say, give her another shot.

I do hope they plan to do some sort of All-Stars special(s) because they know that if it were done well enough and not on the fly, then they could even franchise the thing. What I'd love to see would be some of the more successful designers or those who actually went to FW participate as hosts, judges or commentators. Would love seeing Jay (!!!), Kara Saun, Santino, Laura, Daniel V., Austin, etc. lend provide their wisdom and expertise to the event.

Edited by audrey hepburn, Jan 19, 2008 @ 2:16 PM.

Whataconcept

Whataconcept

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2008 @ 3:28 PM

I did notice the absence of Carmen

Yeah, I didn't think of her, but I'd put her in the category of "early aufs." She is very talented. I've looked at the designs on her website Sistahs of Harlem, and they rock.

I think Carmen played to the cameras a couple of times (maybe more), and that's why she came across poorly--with the fake crying and all.

Gardel

Gardel

Fanatic

• Interests:Psychiatry(doh!)<br />Knitting<br />Tv(doh!)

Posted Jan 20, 2008 @ 5:45 PM

It would be wonderful to bring Carmen and Simone back. Out of the early exits, I think Simone had great potential and I was a bit disappointed when it went unfulfilled so soon.

Carmen's elimination could not be argued, but, at the same time, I do kinda agree with her that it wasn't too shameful to go out on a challenge about something that is not her speciality (menswear).

Czerri

Czerri

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2008 @ 6:21 AM

I also wouldn't mind seeing the winners compete against each other. Maybe sometime down the way they would do that.

That would be brilliant! I doubt any one of them would be willing to do an entire season, but a one off challenge would rock so much.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the final 4/5 designers (all the ones that created final collections, be they decoys or finalists) of each season compete against each other. If not, I agree that giving the 'gone-too-soon' designers a second chance would certainly be interesting.

amyb1217

amyb1217

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2008 @ 9:09 AM

I like this idea! I would love the "gone too early" ones to come back, and also for the winners/top placers of the seasons to compete against each other.

Of all the designers of the four seasons that have completed so far, I have to say I would want to see Jack from Season 4 come back most of all. He wasn't auf'd, he left for health reasons, and I was so impressed with both his work and his personality up until that point. I was sniffling back tears along with the other designers when he had to leave. I think he could have won it, or at least made it very far. I LOVED his menswear look!!! I wish he had come back for Season 5. He's definitely the one I would want to see in an All-Stars.

Shelton

Shelton

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 27, 2008 @ 2:08 PM

Jack would come back. Idk who else though, probably Daniel Franco (again) and maybe Heidi.

duandsku

duandsku

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2010 @ 4:08 AM

If I was doing a Project Runway "second chance" all-stars, I would cast designers that either got a bum decision, needed more time to get a hold of their skills, or had resumes that I don't think were quite reflected by the sparse challenges on the show. I would not bring back designers that I felt got way too many second chances on the show, or designers that I feel had been properly represented on the show, or designers that got many, many episodes to show off and still didn't impress.

I would definitely ask the following designers back for a season and see which ones respond:

Season 1:
Vanessa, Nora, Alexandra

Season 2:
Diana, Emmett, Kara

Season 3:
Alison, Bradley, Keith (no pattern books this time)

Season 4:
Jack, Kevin, Kit

Season 5:
Terri, Jennifer, Wesley

Season 6:
Louise, Ra'mon, Malvin

I could definitely see there being a real surprising stand out or two from that list, and I think it would be a real test to see if the process of being on Project Runway would really get you to learn anything useful in doing it a second time.

I think Alexandra would be the frontrunner at this point.

Edited by duandsku, Jan 29, 2010 @ 4:06 AM.

ScrubMonkey

ScrubMonkey

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2012 @ 7:11 AM

As a host, Angela Lindvall (or Bad Heidi) is remarkably lifelike.

I like Isaac better than Kors. Georgina Chapman is a snooze; Joanna Coles makes me miss Tim even more. All they have in common is short white hair.

How can Kenley be that nasal and still manage to breathe?