The Real Housewives of New York City

• Please log in to reply

38800 replies to this topic

HeyJuliet

HeyJuliet

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:08 PM

This is why I hate Kelly. Your hectic life is not Bethanny's problem. Be on time. Or call. Or in lieu of that, say you're sorry for being late. There are about ten different ways to not piss off somebody before you even arrive.

Definitely. She didn't even make an attempt to apologize. When Bethenny told her that she'd been waiting for half an hour, Kelly got defensive immediately and her only response was, "That's too bad." Really? You invited HER, Kelly! How would she have felt if Bethenny asked her to be somewhere and then made her wait 30 minutes? She's not the only one whose time is valuable, but this just confirms what Bethenny said, because she certainly acts like it is.

I can't believe she's still harping on that, too. Like someone daring to call her out on being late is insulting her? Please.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:13 PM

Kelly's blaming shit on her kids is really beginning to irk me. What is with her 'running all over' schtick? Yes, your blotchiness, you have two kids. So do a bajillion other people. Some even have more kids than that! Many of those people take their kids to school and then pick them up and manage those two like, half hours out of their day without it making them late for absolutely everything. It's not like they're going to and getting out of school on a whim. You know when it is, bitch.

Not that I'd be surprised if she had someone else taking them to and from (even people without nannies, though I'd wager she has one, who have to be at work [which she clearly does not] during those times, hire like, high school or college kids or other parents to walk their kids back and forth). Honestly, how does she think this is not only an acceptable excuse for being perpetually late, but one that means she shouldn't even have to apologize for being perpetually late?

Even if something out of my control makes me late (like there was a parade neither I nor the people I was meeting on the other side of town knew about), I'd still apologize profusely. She just thinks she shouldn't have to apologize because ... what? She doesn't plan to be late (which she actually does, if it's repetitive), she doesn't think her time is more valuable (which she actually does, if it's repetitive)... Luanne has two kids, Jill has a kid, it's certainly possible other people at the charity meeting have kids, they managed to show up, Kelly.

bowsit

bowsit

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:13 PM

Madame du Barry Ramona and Mario said they were suprised. They were upset that Simon and Alex didn't "warn" them of the photos. They said this outright.

neverOC If LuAnn and the Count actually get divorced, they'll probably have to sell it.

tvbratLots of big properties are showing up on the market around NYC and the Hamptons...Wall Streeters haven.

Who knows what season 3 will bring? I'm very curious about this reunion show now that so much has happened since filming. All these folks were being filmed before disaster hit the money funding all this excess.

Edited by bowsit, Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:19 PM.

MariaMax

MariaMax

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:16 PM

Kelly is very into amazing cool people when she's around them she is a very active listener and clings to every word these amazing cool people say. So when she's interviewing these amazing cool people she doesn't need any devices because every amazing cool word is heard. That's why these amazing cool people will give Kelly exclusive interviews, they know she is amazing and cool just like them.

Kelly's description of people who she claims to know very well confuses me. She never describes anyone with specifics. It's all "he's so amazing" or "she's so fabulous." At first I thought she was just stupid and didn't know enough adjectives. But now I wonder if she has ever listened to anything anyone says to her. She can't even manage to describe her boyfriend except he's "hot." How about "He is from Argentina, he is a talented polo player, we met through so-and-so. He likes the same music I do and he's a great dancer." Nope. "He's hot."

In her interviews she claims to like people and be interested in them, but I don't see it. She only seems concerned on how she is reflected back by these people. "He's hot so I like being seen with him," "She's a heavyweight in the fashion industry, so she can help my career," etc.

Retrogrl

Retrogrl

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:22 PM

Definitely. She didn't even make an attempt to apologize. When Bethenny told her that she'd been waiting for half an hour, Kelly got defensive immediately and her only response was, "That's too bad."

At least she didn't say, "You have? That's so cute..."

ingridsf

ingridsf

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:29 PM

The thrust of my post was that Ramona and Mario are being hypocrites when they complain about Alex's nude pics, but their other friends being nude in movies and magazines is okay.

The laws of the Geneva Convention* state that the words "thrust," "post" and "nude" may never be used in a statement in which the reader may encounter a reference, however indirect, to Simon.

Merci.

*That would be the "convention in Geneva" a philandering philanthropic husband who snagged his wife with his phaux-bility "has to" attend and that seems to be held waaay more frequently than any other convention.

When she said Ive been waiting for 30 minutes, I mean, Im doing the best that I can! Im running all over the city with kids. I have a really hectic, crazy life.

Oh, heffa, it is ON! If you dare compare yourself with dear, sainted singlemothersf, I WILL go Robin "Crazy Life" Miller on you and stuff you in a Zip-lock baggie with raw chicken and bell pepper strips and you WILL become the world's worst fajitas and I WILL be drinking SkinnyGirl maragaritas even though I don't like tequila.

Oh, single mother burdens...a tear. You said elsewhere you were late because you had to get ready for your date. What an all-around amateur hour Kellamity is.

Edited by ingridsf, Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:53 PM.

JudyB355

JudyB355

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:45 PM

Bobby and Jill already sold their Hamptons home with the condition that they get to use it for 3 months out of the year.

IvyDarling

IvyDarling

Stalker

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:50 PM

Bobby and Jill already sold their Hamptons home with the condition that they get to use it for 3 months out of the year.

Yea, it seems like they sold before the bubble burst. Bobby does seem to know his stuff.

brini

brini

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 9:59 PM

neverOC

Is LuAnn actually selling her hamptons house?

From many pages back today, a previous poster linked the info below ...
1.) The de Lesseps Bridgehampton home reportedly on the block (6 bedroom/9.5 million)
2.) Kelly's Cottage reportedly on the block (4 bedrooms/$10.9 million)
3.) The saddest news is the fallout that the poor children have to deal with - that comes with being the child of one of these reality show fame-ho's. (Sweet Avery has to face the embarrassment at her school and with her friends because of the crazy-ass antics of Ramona + Mario)

I just saw this on the Huffington Post and had to think about the many remarks about how appearing on reality tv might not be so hot for the marriage and kiddies:

IT'S desperate times for the "Real Housewives of New York City." Yesterday we broke the news that Countess Luann de Lesseps was splitting from her count. Now come whispers that Ramona Singer, the highly-caffeinated maker of religious jewelry, is persona non grata at her daughter, Avery's, school. One parent at Sacred Heart said, "All of us and the school are very embarrassed by Ramona's actions on the show. The school has asked her to take Avery off the show, but she refused. Now no one wants to be near Avery because they don't want to be associated with the show." A rep for Bravo declined comment. Meanwhile, listings have been posted with Corcoran for not only the de Lesseps' Bridgehampton home, but for "Housewife" Kelly Bensimon's Further Lane "cottage" as well. Bensimon (who was in court yesterday, Page 17) wants $10.9 million for her four-bedroom place while the count and countess want $9.5 million for their six-bedroom manse.

Edited by Strega, Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:20 PM.
formatting

PlaysInTheDirt

PlaysInTheDirt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:03 PM

Is their any valid reason for Kelly to ask more for her house than Luann and the Count are asking for theirs.

Yes, it comes with hot guys dressed in polo attire. And you know, like you get to sleep in the same room that Kelly like slept in.

Bowsit, the point Madame Du Barry and I have been making is that none of us knows when Ramona and Mario learned of the nude pictures. To say they weren't surprised when they came out in print because they'd already been out on the internet is making the assumption that they saw the pics on the internet. There's nothing to lead us to believe that.

neverOC

neverOC

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:07 PM

Wow. I feel really bad for Avery, Noel, and Victoria. Their mothers are making fools out of themselves and ruining their childs' lives. And I thought my mom used to embarrass me more than others!

Madame Du Barry

Madame Du Barry

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:11 PM

Edited by Madame Du Barry, Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:40 PM.

bossygirl

bossygirl

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:15 PM

I'm also worried that Astin and Ginger won't get their butts sniffed at the dog park. That poor Astin's days are numbered in that house anyhow. Do we think that the Count will buy the other Martin dog with his new squeeze? Will he battle in court for Astin to keep the naming convention in place? Or, perish the thought, will he simlpy buy a newer younger Astin to go along with his newer and younger Coutess #5.

neverOC

neverOC

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:15 PM

You can add Teddie and Sea's name to that list, neverOC

Thank you Madame Du Barry! I would be absolutely mortified if either of my parents acted this way. It's selfish of Kelly, Ramona, and LuAnn. Ruining your childrens' reputation for your own fifteen minutes. Disgusting.

ingridsf

ingridsf

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:22 PM

Ingridsf, I apologize. I am not surprised you are grossed out. My deliberate word choice was tasteless and uncalled for ... but not really a surprise. I can be surprisingly vulgar sometimes. Surprise!

Huh?..."I...apol...o...giiiize...."??? My love, the appropriate response is, "That's too bad."

Vulgar's cute but vicious is awesome. Surprise me.

Madame Du Barry

Madame Du Barry

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:26 PM

Edited by Madame Du Barry, Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:40 PM.

Snoodle

Snoodle

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:29 PM

If not, season 3 is going to center around the blow up pool and parties in that weed-choked backyard of Alex/Simon's.

What a visual!!!
Don't forget Simon parading around in his speedo.

And Kelly is the ultimate narcissist.

She interrupted Ramona at the fashion show when Ramona asked her for advice.
She interrupted LuAnn in the limo when they were discussing Bethenny.
She inerrupted the charity meeting to announce how important she is.
And worst of all being late when SHE asked someone out for a drink.
And then responding with "too bad."

Strega

Strega

Network Executive

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 10:33 PM

Closed for cleaning. It'll be a while. In the meantime, I suggest you read the pinned post. And the FAQ, and the Dos and Don'ts.

If someone else is off-topic or breaking the rules in some other way, report them or ignore them. Replying makes you part of the problem.

Strega

Strega

Network Executive

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:01 PM

Do not talk about the boards on the boards. Don't generalize about what "most people" think, marvel at how many pages you had to read to catch up, or accuse other posters of being sockpuppets.

Do not post unless you have something to add to the conversation. Don't post just to say "LOL" or "You're so funny!" If you want to tell someone that you liked their post, use the +1 button, the PM system or email.

Do not attack, insult, or sneer at other posters. If you cannot talk to other posters respectfully, with the understanding that you are discussing subjective opinions about a TV show, then you shouldn't post. If you feel like someone else is trying to provoke you, then ignore them or report them. If you respond in kind, you will be banned as well.

Do not use nicknames for the people on the show.

Read the Dos and Don'ts and the FAQ so that you will have no problem following the rules of the site.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Oct 19, 2012 @ 8:07 PM.

PlaysInTheDirt

PlaysInTheDirt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:09 PM

Well, Kelly has lost her job as the Saks face.

Saks sacks Kelly Bensimon

texaslynn

texaslynn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:13 PM

So, was Kelly dating the guy she beat up at the same time she was fawning over Max-Max in the bar?

mckennish

mckennish

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:35 PM

There is nothing more illuminating than seeing yourself on TV, seeing yourself as others see you. Ramona has tried to tone it down this season, but there is something she still has not grasped. When people tell her something she seems to assume that they are seeking her advice, her opinion or her judgment. She does not understand that they are just sharing some news with her and her input is not required. The proper answer to Luann telling her that Victoria was going to boarding school was "Oh how nice, I hope she enjoys it." Luann was not asking Ramona to comment on a private decision made by the DeLessups family regarding their daughter. As far as Ramona attacking Simon and Alex over those nude photos, I cannot understand why this woman should feel entitled to know about anything that Simon and Alex do. Instead of being so critical of others, perhaps she should try to sort out the mess with Avery's school and look to herself because she judges others.

Edited by Strega, Apr 3, 2009 @ 9:48 PM.
formatting

TheFinalRose

TheFinalRose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:37 PM

It is just so strange that Mario, a grown man in his fifties, would be ragging on Jill about what she does all day. Has he never met an unemployed man or woman before? What do any of them do with their time? I'd like to introduce him to three of the stay-at-home moms that I know who spend a good part of their day napping, and are proud of it.

Half Baked

Half Baked

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:44 PM

Saks sacks Kelly Bensimon

Another reality TV victim, or was due to the charges of assault?
hmmmm

It is just so strange that Mario, a grown man in his fifties, would be ragging on Jill about what she does all day. Has he never met an unemployed man or woman before? What do any of them do with their time? I'd like to introduce him to three of the stay-at-home moms that I know who spend a good part of their day napping, and are proud of it.

Mario behaved so poorly it's hard to defend him, but I think his issue was that Jill was using the fact she's so busy working to get back to them with information regarding when the tennis match would be held, where, and info regarding her partner, etc.

Edited by Half Baked, Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:49 PM.

digdig

digdig

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:44 PM

Too much re-touching needed.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:46 PM

Maybe they are thinking of discontinuing leather.

ubiquitous

ubiquitous

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:47 PM

I think Bethenny handled whole stupid "sit down" brilliantly.

I think the term Kelly used was "time out".

My problem with Kelly is that she's supposed to be a freaking JOURNALIST. WTF man? And I re-watched last week's episode's interview with Jill Stuart---and Kelly had a few flimsy pieces of paper to write on! She couldn't even bring a notebook, notepad or something? Kelly and her journalistic endeavors are just so suspect.

I'd love to know from what cereal box did Kelly get her journalism diploma.

Yes Ramona got the tickets to Badgley, but so what?

The point was that Kelly wrote in her article that she got the tickets and invited Romana out of the magnanimity of her heart. Apparently Kelly felt that she needed to expose her to culture and stuff.

The issue is, you don't accept tickets from someone and then act like you're going to school her.

Or are the one who gave the tickets in the first place. What chutzpah!

It seems MaxMax Mimiliano Palacio is an Arginineian Polo player, this is funny

Thanks for the info on MaxMax.

Speaking of polo, how come nobody's really been shown in that world other than Kelly? It seems unusual for them to be into eventing (Hampton's Classic), but no mention of polo. That's Hampton's social life ground zero.

Besides not being famewhores?

THANK YOU!!! I was wondering if I was the only one who thought the painter's tape hadn't been pulled off the walls when Jill was doing the walk-thru in the apartment and then I came to this board and realized it wasn't just me.

You're not the only one! If that wasn't painter's tape, what was it?

In regards to Kelly's current employment status within the fashion biz, she is the new face for Saks' WEAR campaign.

"Face"? Heh. WWTCD?

Snarkapalooza

Snarkapalooza

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:53 PM

Maybe they are thinking of discontinuing leather.

Bwahah!

Now now, I'm sure she's considered striking by some...just ask her ex-boyfriend. :)

4Lunettes

4Lunettes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:53 PM

Guess Bethenny was right when she said people were realizing just how lame she is.
I'm just wondering if this sort of stuff keeps happening & "friends" move away from her, & hey, maybe the ex's child support goes down and if she's gotta move: HOW IN THE HELL IS SHE GOING TO GET THAT HORSE THROUGH THE DOOR ?????????

Half Baked

Half Baked

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:56 PM

Kelly's friends are moving away from her? Do tell.
Losing her job at Saks probably has to do with her domestic violence charge more than anything. Which is understandable on Saks part after the whole Rihanna thing. Hitting is hitting, whether you're a male doing it, or a female. Of course if she weren't on this show how many papers and internet sites would have even picked up on the story to force Saks to make a decision to cut her?
Being on the show has hurt her like so many others who try and travel this reality tv road to fame.
Suckers.

Edited by Half Baked, Apr 3, 2009 @ 1:05 PM.