The Evil One

The Evil One

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 11:32 AM

Bravo Spinoff "Real Housewives of New York City" Debuts in March

Debuting on March 4th, the next gluttons for punishment will be:

MEET THE HOUSEWIVES:

ALEX McCORD

Born: Washington, D.C. Lives: Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.

Married: Yes; husband works in boutique hotel management.

Kids: Two sons, ages 2 and 4.

Job: Works in visual merchandising for a major retailer.

BETHENNY FRANKEL

Born: New York. Lives: Upper East Side.

Married: No. "I was engaged a few times," says Frankel, "and I was kind of like the runaway bride."

Kids: None, but her boyfriend of 10 months has three, ages 4, 7 and 9.

Job: Frankel's health food company, bethennybakes, creates wheat-, egg- and dairy-free baked goods as well as tailored, healthy menus for clients.

LUANN DE LESSEPS

Born: Connecticut. Lives: Upper East Side.

Married: Yes, to Count Alexandre de Lesseps, a French aristocrat she met in the Swiss Alps.

Kids: 11-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter.

Job: Hosts "The Countess Report," her own cable show based in the Hamptons.

RAMONA SINGER

Born: Rhinebeck, N.Y. "Beautiful," she says of her hometown. "Boring, but beautiful." Lives: Upper East Side.

Married: Yes, and co-creating a jewelry line with her husband.

Kids: 12-year-old daughter.

Job: Buys and resells excess fashion inventory to discount boutiques and chains. Also developing her own skin-care products.

JILL ZARIN

Born: Woodmere, L.I. Lives: Upper East Side.

Married: Yes, to second husband.

Kids: 15-year-old daughter; husband has three kids of his own, ages 25, 28 and 31.

Job: Owns Zarin Fabrics & Home Furnishings on the lower East Side.

Let the cries of "bad editing" begin!

hereshecomes

hereshecomes

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 11:43 AM

A quick Googling shows that some of these women appear to be the real thing as far as socialites go (like, they actually appear in photos from NY Social Diary, as opposed to the RHOC chicks who seem to be big in their own minds only). Also, Bethenny Frankel was the runner-up on Martha Stewart's apprentice show, so she has some reality show experience. Bethenny probably knows all about the editing, LOL.

superfille

superfille

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 12:47 PM

I think this will be an interesting contrast to the OC women. Everyone seems to have their own career (and a career that is not necessarily what's easy at the moment). I'm guessing they will be social climbing paraiahs, but they will be much more savvy and less tacky about it. We'll see though...

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 1:05 PM

Did anyone see Quinn's picture on Laurie's Myspace? For someone who doesn't need any work done, her photo is really airbrushed.

SunBun

SunBun

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 4:33 PM

Finally, a look at the true life of an Upper East side society wife!
I've always been surpremely envious/intrigued by that specific lifestyle, and after the tacky theatrics of the overtanned and overstyled OC society-wannabe's, it'll be nice to take a peek at the lifestyles of actual New York society women climbing up the corporate/social ladder.
Hopefully they'll display a bit more class and tact about their own lives, as opposed to the OC gals.
Obviously they won't be as whiney, pickled and bleached, which is always a bonus.

LemurCat

LemurCat

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 4:34 PM

Am I the only one hoping, wishing, and praying for a Real Housewives Thunderdome?

TEN HOUSEWIVES ENTER! ONE LEAVES!

MizSurguri

MizSurguri

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 4:41 PM

This show looks interesting. But today the Upper East Side is not really as posh as it once was. I've never been in an apartment as fancy as many apartments on Central Park West, especially the Eldorado and the Dakota. But it is true that penthouses on Park Avenue are to die for and the views are breathtaking.

geistmadl

geistmadl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 4:46 PM

Should be good but I remain skeptical... everything on the RHOOC seems staged and I bet this show will be no different.

Peppermintpatty

Peppermintpatty

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 6:33 PM

Let the competitive pre-school application bachenalia begin!
I have a feeling that these women are going to be more self-absorbed than their OC counterparts (if that's possible).

murphsully

murphsully

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:00 PM

But today the Upper East Side is not really as posh as it once was. I've never been in an apartment as fancy as many apartments on Central Park West, especially the Eldorado and the Dakota. But it is true that penthouses on Park Avenue are to die for and the views are breathtaking.

I've been on house tours sponsored by the Junior League and the apartments I saw were very impressive - the Upper East Side is still holding its own. I think this show will be a nice contrast to the OC housewives although I still question why anyone would invite cameras into their lives.

TV Tourist

TV Tourist

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:06 PM

Enh - same famewhores, colder climate. I refuse to believe they will be even an ounce classier or more intelligent simply because they live in New York City, drape themselves in fur, and marry men with meaningless "aristocratic" titles. Give me a break. Donald Trump lives in New York City. Zsa Zsa Gabor is married to a "prince." It's not as if they dug up Jackie Kennedy Onassis to put her on the show. Google Alex McCord and you find out she is simply an unsuccesful actress. They look equally starved, pinched and plucked. Only they are pasty white instead of orange and - is just me - or are they all pretty ugly? Maybe they don't photograph well? A couple of them can give Whori a run for her money in the tranny department. I will be tuning in of course. I enjoy bicoastal train wrecks.

murphsully

murphsully

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:11 PM

Was Alex McCord the original host of Trading Spaces?

Never mind, I was thinking of Alex McLeod

Edited by murphsully, Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:15 PM.

TV Tourist

TV Tourist

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:16 PM

Close! It was Alex McLeod. Funny, when I saw the name Alex McCord in the above post, I thought it sounded familiar, so I googled her name, but I didn't recognize her when I saw her website. I must have been thinking of Alex McCleod too!

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:18 PM

Me too! I looked it up to see if it was the same Alex...

TV Tourist

TV Tourist

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:31 PM

Here is a rather "informative" article about the NY "housewives": http://nymag.com/dai...al_housewi.html

Ok, back to work - so I can "party hard" like the housewives.

nikitakitty

nikitakitty

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:39 PM

Am I the only one hoping, wishing, and praying for a Real Housewives Thunderdome?

TEN HOUSEWIVES ENTER! ONE LEAVES!

I would totally pay to watch that. My god, somebody help me please!! LOL

I don't think anyone could be worse than the RHOOC witches. (I mean no disrespect to witches) I love that they are doing New York. I'd also love to see a North Carolina or Georgia one too. No Florida, though. Florida would be as much of a tranny trainwreck as OC and just as bleached and orangey.

gingernuts

gingernuts

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:46 PM

The brilliance of the RHOC is that they're obviously NOT that rich or fabulous and there's no end to the entertainment value of their lack of self-awareness. I have a feeling this show won't be as enjoyable because these women are pretty much rolling in dough. But that's not to say they won't be ridiculous -- I'll still be watching.

Edited by gingernuts, Jan 14, 2008 @ 7:47 PM.

beezer

beezer

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 8:00 PM

Oh my gah, Bethany!!! From the Martha Stewart Apprentice. Anyone remember her? She's ugly as sin, weighs like 11lbs soaking wet in a desperate attempt to compensate for the horror of her face, and speaks like she was hit in the face, then had to mouth marbles, while on downers. She's just awful. This show doesn't sound any fun at all.

geistmadl

geistmadl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 8:11 PM

Here is a promo pic of the new housewives from Bravo.

toocuteshoes

toocuteshoes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 8:41 PM

Well at least we'll get to see better clothes this time around. Cuz I'm quite sure a rich broad in NY can outdress the hell outta some wanna be from OC.

What is up with the Bethenny girl? She's not a housewife, she's not even a divorcee. It hasn't even started yet and I can tell her story will be the dumbest.

geistmadl

geistmadl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 8:47 PM

She sounds like another HoJo.

mitzib

mitzib

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 8:52 PM

Please tell me we won't be seeing any skanky Sky tops or feet o' cleavage on these "housewives."

geistmadl

geistmadl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 8:53 PM

It will be all Michael Korrs and Project Runway rejects. LOL

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 14, 2008 @ 9:20 PM

From that picture even far away, they look like they've been botoxed and surgically altered heavily.

Kayden Klassic

Kayden Klassic

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 1:33 AM

Huh? None of those housewives are very good looking, and none of them sound very rich either. Colour me disappointed.

heebiejeebie

heebiejeebie

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 5:50 AM

Oh my gah, Bethany!!! From the Martha Stewart Apprentice. Anyone remember her? She's ugly as sin, weighs like 11lbs soaking wet in a desperate attempt to compensate for the horror of her face, and speaks like she was hit in the face, then had to mouth marbles, while on downers. She's just awful. This show doesn't sound any fun at all.

Boy do I remember her. A screeching shrill harpy that brought the ass to crass. Totally skill-less. She bragged about running her own food business but when they showed clips of her doing her "bizness" it was out of her own very tiny, very unprofessional and very very meagerly appointed galley kitchen. And baking only four cupcakes at a time. Business was simply thriving. Apparently she is still desperately trying to sell herself as a professional because I'll bet the smal but adequate inheritance grandad left her required her to be employed. And now I have to hope that a bumpy morning commute and several cups of coffee will drive out the "hey hey, ho ho, it time for Tide to Go" (if you can find this on YouTube it is a must for anyone venturing into watching this show).

Crap this better not mean cameos by Jim Ultimate Douchebag of Horrifically Bad Marketing Skills.

Edited by heebiejeebie, Jan 15, 2008 @ 5:54 AM.

RHofNY

RHofNY

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 7:52 AM

I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude about this one. But considering my mind goes into shock at the end of each RHOOC season, I really do need some kind of substitute.

Looks like I might want to change my screen name. ;)

MizSurguri

MizSurguri

Fanatic

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 11:00 AM

I can't wait to see this show at least none of these women look like bleached blonde trannies.

I've been on house tours sponsored by the Junior League and the apartments I saw were very impressive - the Upper East Side is still holding its own. I think this show will be a nice contrast to the OC housewives although I still question why anyone would invite cameras into their lives.

Most of the really nice houses I've been to on the Upper East Side have been on Sutton Place, still nothing beats Central Park West for me. At least in the Dakota you can see the Macys parade up close.

TTyT321

TTyT321

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 11:28 AM

I can't wait to see this show at least none of these women look like bleached blonde trannies.

True but like someone said before those pictures really do not help any of them. Whoof!

IMO this show will probably only be half as good as the original because after the snarky outrageous RHOC girls, the show will probably pail in comparison.

morganstern77

morganstern77

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 15, 2008 @ 11:38 AM

From that picture even far away, they look like they've been botoxed and surgically altered heavily.

Especially the tall one in the middle... man her face must be hurt to be pulled that tight.