Lena Headey: Can You Please Stop Asking Me About Linda Hamilton?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

130 replies to this topic

Toughie

Toughie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2009 @ 4:32 PM

Funny or Die - Lena Wants to Make a Donation

Mr. Excitement

Mr. Excitement

Fanatic

• Interests:Posting on message boards, watching television programs, posting on message boards about television programs, it's a full life...

Posted Jan 12, 2009 @ 11:37 PM

That was really cute.

Toughie

Toughie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 24, 2009 @ 11:43 PM

Lena Headey suggests becoming a mentor.

Snark Shark

Snark Shark

Fanatic

Posted Mar 6, 2009 @ 11:52 PM

That was really cute.

Plus, her accent is drop dead sexy. Well, at least coming out of HER mouth it is.

bookwrm74

bookwrm74

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 8:26 AM

I just became addicted to this show last night after what had to be among the best 60 (er...48ish?) minutes of TV I've seen. I was pleasantly surprised by how appealing I found this actress, whom I'd heard mixed things about. She really sold the role to me perfectly. Unlike a lot of other female kick-ass heroines, I truly believed her as a kick-ass heroine! And, as a straight female, my glowing praise is not biased by the fact that she happens to be gorgeous ;)

The Golden AN

The Golden AN

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 10:58 AM

I echo your sentiments bookwrm74. She completely sold the character to me. In my mind she is Sarah Connor. From the varying characters I've seen her play, she's the type of actress who vanishes in the role she inhabits and becomes that character. This is even more apparent when I saw Lena Headey as her true self. For someone who's as gorgeous as she is, to enable people get past that especially in this business where physicality is mostly the selling point, I say is quite a feat.

bagatelles

bagatelles

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 10:01 PM

I third your sentiments. I got hooked by Lena's fantastic acting when I first tuned in to see "The Good Wound". I was a Buffy fan back in the day, but Sarah Michelle Gellar has got nothing on Lena! Although SMG has made me cry a few times, LH is always consistently good.

From the very few interviews, comparatively, that LH has done, I both admire and get annoyed that LH doesn't play the fame game of Hollywood. She so very underrated, IMHO.

workworkwork

workworkwork

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2009 @ 10:29 PM

Count me in on the growing admirers of Lena. I didn't know who she was before watching the pilot and while it took me a while to get used to her version of Sarah, I really began to appreciate the subtlety she brought to the role.

This is a tough part to play and would be a challenge for any actress. Sarah is an iconic character and in a TV series you can't always be bringing the intensity that Linda Hamilton had in T2. There have to be quiet moments as well as bad-ass moments. Finally I don't think the character of Sarah Connor is supposed to be particularly likable and even all that sane. John is the one with the charisma, not her.

Lena did an outstanding job of making Sarah her own. I loved her when she was bad-ass, I loved her quiet moments, I loved the insanity. Josh Friedman once said that Lena had a way of looking at you like she was either going to kiss you or punch you.

lumpia

lumpia

Couch Potato

• Interests:Shopping is my therapy.

Posted May 7, 2009 @ 9:02 PM

Lena was a recent guest on Brunch With Bridget. Pure awesomeness. "Come on zombies!" lol

Toughie

Toughie

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2009 @ 10:19 PM

Yeah that was a great interview.

Bridget: Why are you so awesome?
Lena: I was born awesome

lol

The Golden AN

The Golden AN

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 7:28 PM

Lena was a recent guest on Brunch With Bridget. Pure awesomeness. "Come on zombies!" lol

Thanks for the link! That was a fun interview. You wouldn't guess Lena plays Sarah Connor seeing as how much like a big kid she is and so different when not in character. I know she'd look good bald but that hair style is not working for me. Nuh-uh.

Yes Lena, you are awesome! But I surely would like to see your awesomeness in a movie other than the horror/slasher/thriller genre because I believe you've done three in a row now. Just a suggestion.