Spoilers: He'll Be Back

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1007 replies to this topic

grim squeaker

grim squeaker

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2009 @ 12:14 PM

Obviously it's already happened now but that came from Ausiello as well. He posted it months ago, actually - back around the hiatus period, he said that Charlie would return for an episode towards the end of the season, and would die in the same episode he came back in. Actually I think he called him by the actor's name rather than the character's, but I don't recall who plays Charlie at the moment.

IIRC, Dean Winters will be a series regular on a new show this fall, so these two elements (or rather three, if we count Ausiello's spoiler) were probably connected.

Edited by grim squeaker, Mar 30, 2009 @ 12:15 PM.

Tigris

Tigris

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2009 @ 1:05 PM

Betrayal can be viewed many ways. Sarah could "betray" John by finally, successfully convincing Cameron that the best thing for her to do is to leave them alone. John would feel betrayed and Cameron would be the one who left.

I think this is very possible and in theme with what the show has been leaning towards all season.

lsquare

lsquare

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 30, 2009 @ 11:48 PM

It would also be the easiest to deal with in season 3 (please?). Cameron can always be brought back, and Sarah's "betrayal" could be undone. This would be much easier to recover from than if Sarah leaves and Cam betrays.

QuiGonJ

QuiGonJ

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2009 @ 6:19 PM

or perhaps that already happened with Jessie betraying him and Riley "leaving".. just sayin'

McKinley

McKinley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 1, 2009 @ 3:58 PM

About the dies/betrays/leaves spoiler, are we sure this is still to happen and that the three items refer to three different people? Arguably, Riley betrays, leaves and dies.

On the Fox blog, they posted a teaser a couple days ago: "They stay in hiding mostly. And only attack when provoked.” The first thing that came to mind for me was the T-1000.

There's also a new preview up on the blog. For the first time it made me consider that perhaps the pretzel terminator was after Savannah and not Dr. Sherman.

Edited by McKinley, Apr 1, 2009 @ 4:00 PM.

BadAndyMk3

BadAndyMk3

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2009 @ 12:54 PM

Oh yeah.
So does that mean that the Ellison Terminator was also a ploy to get to Savannah?

Or how aobut this: The helicopter accident that killed the Weavers was SkyNet, and WeaverBot was actually sent back to protect the Weavers because of ZeiraCorp and Savanna. She failed her mission when the helecopter went down, and decided to take on the identity of Miss Weaver in order to continue her work and raise Savannah in her stead. Maybe in whatever future Weaver came from, she actually DID join John Connor. And in that Future John sent her back to protect the Weavers.

Also: my vote for john's "I'll Kill You!" to Ellison is that John finds out that ellison gave Chromartie to Weaver

Edited by BadAndyMk3, Apr 2, 2009 @ 12:55 PM.

Dev F

Dev F

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2009 @ 11:48 PM

My suspicion is that Savannah is merely a means to an end. She's the only thing the other AI was able to specifically identify while it was poking around inside John Henry, so she's the only clue it has to where it can find its "brother." I don't think she matters to it beyond that.

silverangelaunt

silverangelaunt

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2009 @ 2:18 AM

Second promo for tonight's episode, oh man I can hardly wait!

McKinley

McKinley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2009 @ 9:22 PM

Dev F, I was thinking about your point, but I have to think that Savannah is more significant than that. Once the Skynet-AI knew Savannah's identity, a search would have quickly lead it to Zeira Corp (surely Savannah's name was mentioned in the newspaper articles and obituary after her father's death). If Zeira Corp is what Skynet was after, there's no need to target Savannah, let alone send a Terminator to kill her. Skynet didn't even send Terminators to kill the Connor clan.

suparshadow

suparshadow

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2009 @ 12:31 AM

If Zeira Corp is what Skynet was after, there's no need to target Savannah, let alone send a Terminator to kill her. Skynet didn't even send Terminators to kill the Connor clan.

I was going to say that the current Skynet wouldn't need to send Terminators after the Connors, since it should think they died in a bank explosion in 1999, but I guess the fact that John Connor still exists in the future means Skynet knows the Connors survived that. Hmm.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2009 @ 3:56 AM

About the dies/betrays/leaves spoiler, are we sure this is still to happen and that the three items refer to three different people? Arguably, Riley betrays, leaves and dies.

Josh Friedman mentioned the spoiler on his blog AFTER Riley was already dead, but he only mentioned the "betrays and leaves" parts.

After tonight and the conversation between John and Cameron, it seems clear Sarah is the one meaning to leave. That just leaves the betrayal.

Hooded One

Hooded One

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2009 @ 4:26 AM

The dies/betrays/leaves spoiler was something Thomas dropped in a video that came out in January (during the hiatus). Josh might have mentioned the betrays/leaves part after Riley died (though I can't find him doing so) since the first part was already completed. Anyway, the spoiler as Thomas gave it was specifically about the "women in John's life" so Cameron is (probably) the only one left to "betray" him.

While I'm at it, let's take a look back at Josh's list of things to come this season:

–the resolution of the Riley story (DONE)
–the resolution of the Jesse story (DONE)
–a future story about Jesse’s Terminator–piloted nuclear submarine explaining how Jesse got to be how she got to be and how it relates to John Connor’s present and future (DONE)
–the return of Cameron’s glitch in new and deadly ways (DONE? -- We've seen her glitch return, but it could happen again next week)
–much more Jameron (for those of you who like it) (NOT DONE -- there's still the scene of them in bed to come, for example)
–not too much Jameron (for those of you who don’t) (not something that can be done or not done)
–an explanation of the three-dots (NOT DONE)
–Catherine Weaver’s backstory/origin story (NOT DONE)
–Savannah in mortal danger (DONE -- though it could happen again)
–the revelation of Catherine Weaver’s exact mission (NOT DONE)
–a fight between Catherine Weaver and another Terminator (NOT DONE)
–a faceoff between Sarah Connor and Catherine Weaver (NOT DONE)
–a deadly attack on the Connors by agents of Skynet (DONE? -- The events of To the Lighthouse might count)
–the death of a loved one (DONE -- Riley)
–the death of a loved one (DONE -- Charley)
–the death of a loved one (DONE -- Derek)

Lead Magnet

Lead Magnet

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2009 @ 11:54 AM

–an explanation of the three-dots (NOT DONE)
–Catherine Weaver’s backstory/origin story (NOT DONE)
–Savannah in mortal danger (DONE -- though it could happen again)
–the revelation of Catherine Weaver’s exact mission (NOT DONE)
–a fight between Catherine Weaver and another Terminator (NOT DONE)
–a faceoff between Sarah Connor and Catherine Weaver (NOT DONE)

Someone noted the three lights on the main John Henry computer, the first time they appeared. It seemed almost coincidental to me by that point, since we'd been saturated by Three Dot Herrings (and "Aliens Welcome Here" brought some resolution to it, with the HK plant), but we haven't seen Sarah's reaction to three glowing red dots...

And somehow the other five elements might end up happening in the span of fifteen minutes.

Hooded One

Hooded One

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2009 @ 2:01 PM

Someone noted the three lights on the main John Henry computer, the first time they appeared.

True, but in my mind, it doesn't count as "done" until, as you said, Sarah sees them and reacts. Could be wrong though.

Hooded One

Hooded One

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2009 @ 6:02 PM

John Henry rolls twenties! (Two preview clips for the finale)

MBenzN

MBenzN

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2009 @ 5:22 AM

John Henry seems particularly petulant in that scene. I wonder why.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2009 @ 9:32 AM

I'm worried that John Henry has apparently stopped asking his incessant questions and is now just parroting whatever Weaver says. Damn, what did she do to him?

Hooded One

Hooded One

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2009 @ 5:29 PM

Clip of Sarah in jail