S7: Trace Adkins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

94 replies to this topic

JOSweetHeart

JOSweetHeart

Channel Surfer

• Interests:I love country music, surfing the internet, and watching my favorite movies and TV shows of the past.

Posted Apr 19, 2013 @ 12:54 PM

""" I highly doubt that Trace flat out abandoned the FAAN. Maybe he is just showing his appreciation for the Red Cross because of what they more recently did for him and his family.

ObstinantGirl

ObstinantGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:29 AM

Overall, I like Trace. Seems like a decent sort of guy, albeit a bit Good 'ol Boy Back-Thumping Chauvinist. But I do give Southerners a bit of leeway in some of those areas, it's both generational as well as regional. It just is.

Anyway, he's also very smart and I've been impressed by him on this show.

LillyCL

LillyCL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2013 @ 1:32 PM

I liked Trace better the previous season. This season I still like him, but I guess he's not getting the "good cowboy" edit or something.

reinoe

reinoe

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2013 @ 12:16 AM

Trace was not worthy of getting as far as he did in the first season. This time around he's equally unworthy of getting as far as he has. I understand his "above it all" attitude, but he's coming off as too lethargic and uninterested.

alexmarsz

alexmarsz

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2013 @ 3:39 AM

He has been a bit "curmudgeonly" as Marilu said, but I can completely appreciate that he said it's because none of the ideas sat right with him.  Especially since they're his own ideas he was criticizing.  On the whole it's probably a negative to not be giving 100%, but I can also respect setting aside a portion of your brain to try for something better.

In his own season he was totally the ideas man, and to an extent he has been here too.  So if he feels like he's in a mental slump, that could reduce the low-key Trace into being emotionally withdrawn.