Ghost Adventures

• Please log in to reply

932 replies to this topic

sherrystwocents

sherrystwocents

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 19, 2007 @ 9:29 AM

Did anyone see the show last night with the young guys who went around the country looking for ghosts? It might have been totally faked, but it didn't feel like it. My stomach was hurting was just watching and waiting for what was around each corner. There was some poltergeist footage that was pretty amazing, as well. After that, they did what most people would do: took off running. It seemed like the guys were genuinely frightened–

iwannaiguana

iwannaiguana

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2007 @ 10:00 AM

I watched it and it was definitely creepy. It didn't feel faked to me, either, but who can tell? The only part that really bugged was their insistence on showing all of the media coverage they've gotten. That always smacks of hunting for the sake of publicity rather than hunting for the sake of investigation. But yeah, they were scared to death. And the woman who was with them for that seance seemed pretty unsettled watching the footage, especially of the brick flying.

VnlaThndr775

VnlaThndr775

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 26, 2007 @ 4:55 PM

I finally caught a repeat of this show. I live about 20 minutes from Virginia City where they caught the footage of the apparition walking across the ballroom. Creepy stuff! And the stuff in the Goldfield Hotel? Downright scary! It all looks real to me. I've been trying to get into contact with some local paranormal groups because this show piqued my interest, but no luck so far. Not a very sociable bunch, but they may have been inundated with curious folks and skeptics since this show aired. I want to know if Ghost Adventures will be released on DVD because I'd love to buy it. I contacted their Myspace but never heard back.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Dec 29, 2007 @ 12:27 PM

Yeah, gotta say, this was a good one. I tend to believe it was real as well (and I'm a hard sell). The next SciFi airing is January 9th, so I'm trying to get friends to watch (for the purely selfish reason that I want to talk about it with them -- shh!)

Lovecat

Lovecat

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2008 @ 1:33 PM

Bumping this up, because this program aired on TLC on Friday night, followed by another hour (Bobby Mackey's) which looks to be the premiere of a series. Did anyone catch it? What do we think??

Nibs

Nibs

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 19, 2008 @ 4:00 PM

All in all I enjoyed the season premiere. I liked the way that they displayed the recorded evidence as it happened with a small recap of the clips at the end. Spending so much time on the scratches was kind of cheesy. I'm going to put this on my play list for a while. If they keep up the "frat house boys" style of bravado, I may drop out.

There are some clips on YouTube of Zak's appearance on The Maury Povich show that are very creepy. It makes me think this show has promise as long as they quit claiming that reflective flying dust and insects are "orbs." You Tube Link

BravesChick2001

BravesChick2001

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2008 @ 4:12 PM

Even though I have seen this show listed on the guide for what's on TV at the moment, I kept avoiding it because I pretty much think any show like this that is not "Ghost Hunters" is full of crap and people way too eager to proclaim something is haunted when it's not. However, reading what you guys have wrote, it's making me rethink whether I should check it out. If all of the "evidence" is, in fact, for real, my only question is why hasn't a show like "Ghost Hunters" (which I think is pretty legit and run by guys who don't jump on every little sound, flicker of light, etc. as paranormal) been able to capture and show as much evidence? It just makes me skeptical, that's all.

Nibs

Nibs

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 19, 2008 @ 4:43 PM

Check it out BravesChick2001 and decide for yourself. I personally really like the fact that there is a variety of programing showing different approaches to investigating this phenomena. Comparing and contrasting different methodology and finally being able to view these different perspectives in documenting the paranormal is fascinating. It's not like there are any real Scientist interested in this field at all is there? Honestly, if you have experienced something that you can not explain for yourself, the sleep disorder, matrixing, car lights and other debunking explanations just doesn't cut it.

The premier of the series of Ghost Adventures did have a couple of clips of floating dust motes as orbs. However, they also had EVPs and caught one of the "shadow people" on film. Zak became interested in doing this because of something he experienced himself, just like the founding members of TAPS. I will be following his show to see what he finds. If the program becomes another "Most Haunted," and someone becomes possessed? I'm outta there!

honeysdead

honeysdead

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 20, 2008 @ 4:36 PM

This has apparently moved to Travel Channel now. I caught this first on SciFi in December and wasn't very impressed with it. For one thing it crosses into "Most Haunted" territory when the hosts get scared, scream, and run away. They seem totally unprepared to think logically about the situation and hold their ground. Instead they just run.

I find it really annoying that they don't grow a pair and stick out the scary situations. It makes me think that they're really just in it for the publicity. What they have caught seems impressive, however their media whoring and general attitude makes me think they would fabricate evidence for good press. Obviously I have no proof of that, and it's just the impression that I get from them.

On the upside the guy without the facial hair is pretty cute when he's not talking.

sayhi2eva

sayhi2eva

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 21, 2008 @ 12:45 PM

The only problem I have with this show is that these "frat boys" keep running from any sound or movement which is stupid because you're supposed to run toward the anomaly or sound if you are a legitimate paranormal investigator. That's why I have my doubts that it's real. If it was real, could you imagine the footage they would get if they held the camera or voice recorder and stayed put?

DonitsYum

DonitsYum

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 21, 2008 @ 12:57 PM

The Youtube clips, while scary, look like they were faked as you can clearly pick out the edits/cuts. I agree, the "orb" thing is getting out of hand. My favorite part of the original Ghost Adventures "documentary" was the bravado, with "We're not afraid of you!" and then having Zak, the lead guy, run away screaming like Jennifer Love Hewitt at a fisherman's convention.

There's no real analysis of film or EVP's, just scenes of "Dude! The hair on my arm is standing on end! Film this quick!" Zak's reaction to the scratches on his back seemed real enough but I think he's too dramatic. I'm waiting for the scene where he craps his pants next. They should have gone to the back of that room where they saw the dark figure. It seemed like it was in the same place as the shadow he saw earlier when being shown around the place. I know in Ghost Hunters they talk about "residual haunting" where it's like a scene playing over and over, repeating. Looked like an example of that.

Kind of similar to Paranormal State, taking everything at face value and not really investigating. But I'll watch it just incase they actually do find something!

If psychic Chip Coffey shows up to help out I'm outta here!

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2008 @ 4:20 PM

I saw the replay of the original documentary and the following new episode on the Travel Channel. This show feels like a cross between Paranormal State and Most Haunted. I get frustrated when folks run away screaming, and I think to myself, you're in the wrong business if this is how you react to paranormal phenomena.

I find it more like entertainment rather than true investigation, which is why I love Ghost Hunters. Still, the genre is interesting enough for me to tune in and watch.

Edited by SparksFan59, Oct 21, 2008 @ 4:21 PM.

iwannaiguana

iwannaiguana

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 22, 2008 @ 4:59 PM

Word. Although Chip's always good for the fun factor!

I liked the documentary a lot but was less impressed with the series episode. Still, I'll watch it because I'm compelled to do so. I hope it doesn't devolve into MH or PS -- both of which I watched for the laughter. They do have to stop with all the screaming. Zack also needs to tone down the "provoking." It's just too cheesy to handle.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2008 @ 1:07 PM

Well, this is bumming me out, because (for whatever reason) Comcast Chicago doesn't have The Travel Channel. I guess I'll have to find it on On Demand, or Hulu, or YouTube.

I enjoyed the original documentary (that moving brick is something I've never seen matched), so I'm interested in seeing what they can do with a regular series.

Eme

Eme

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 27, 2008 @ 10:25 AM

The Priest told him to knock it off. Opening portals and provoking spirits is very dangerous.
He might want to quit it.

Word!

wlk68

wlk68

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 6, 2008 @ 11:00 AM

Zack also needs to tone down the "provoking."

Big fat word. I felt that he provoked in situations that were not appropriate. Spirits who were supposedly murdered or committed suicide should be treated with a little more compassion and respect. He may actually get more of a response from them if he handled them with more sensitivity.

Save the provoking/name calling for the spirits of people who were reported to have been jerks in real life.

Edited by wlk68, Nov 6, 2008 @ 11:12 AM.

evilandproud

evilandproud

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 9:53 AM

I just find it funny that he is totally comfortable provoking and puffing out his chest, but then when something happens he is running away screaming with his hands in the air. Even the goofy host on Most Haunted is braver than him.

gl_shark

gl_shark

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 12:12 PM

I watched the last night's show and laughed all the way through. This show tries to come off as 'edgy' but it's just plain silly to me. The leader sounded like Dr. Phil with his provoking.

I think this was the first time I was cheering on a ghost, especially when the guy freaked out in the attic.

The only thing I liked was the story of the mysterious couple dressed in Victorian clothing that were seen walking around in the village and later discovered to be resembling a couple found in the old village's photographs.

zelmia

zelmia

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2008 @ 6:04 PM

These guys are idiots. And bad actors to boot. You can never hear any of the stuff they claim to have heard because they NEVER SHUT UP. =

But seriously, how can they leave that equipment just sitting out there all night without someone stealing it? Do they have someone to watch it? How many of those little cameras do they have? Not to mention batteries? Because those batteries only last a couple of hours at best.

Big Machine

Big Machine

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 10, 2008 @ 2:54 AM

I caught this Friday night and thought it was hilarious. Their taunts to the ghost were like an ineffective parent yelling at a child. "ARE YOU THE ONE PULLING GIRLS' HAIR?!"

That, and anytime anything moves or makes a sound, they all scream, run away, and start chattering until one of them yells "Shut up!"...only to keep yammering after they quiet down.

I could watch it over and over again and laugh every time.

msbeesknees

msbeesknees

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2008 @ 12:02 AM

This is GH on steroids. "Raw, Extreme." Ugh, ghost hunting frat boys. Dude, bro, dude, bro!! Seriously travel channel, you guys picked this up? Seriously?

Riddle House: Bangs, a bird cage that falls, a "moved" block of wood and a EVP of a baby cooing, I think. Dumb.

up tonight...

Sloss Furnace: Birmingham, AL

Big Machine

Big Machine

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2008 @ 2:02 AM

God, this show is hilarious. I'm almost convinced it's actually and Office-like spoof of Ghost Hunters.

"You have an advantage, because we can't see you." The way he enunciated that line made it hilarious. He says things like a child, like he doesn't really understand anything that comes out of his own mouth.

But seriously, that guy needs to quit being a dick to ghosts. Only to spirits who deserve it, my ass.

bittaboo

bittaboo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2008 @ 2:08 AM

First time I've seen this show and I must say those supposed EVPs were a joke.
The first one sounded like water sloshing to me, and the second sounded like a dog barking in the distance.

luvmyjrt

luvmyjrt

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2008 @ 7:54 AM

On last nights episode; did anyone catch the name of "lab" where they took their EVP's and well developed pecs and biceps to?
I recall the initials being "P.I.M.P.S"? Since I have no life, I looked them up on Google --- did you know there is also a website for these idiots? Oh my.....too hilarious! Dude.....Bro......

iwannaiguana

iwannaiguana

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2008 @ 11:13 AM

Um, Zak? If you want everyone to be quiet, please stop asking them quesitons. Mkay?

Mr. Wanna came in during the last 30 minutes of the Tipton House rerun last night, while I was cracking up laughing. He was confused because he thought I took this show somewhat seriously until he watched the last few minutes with me. When the camera guy (can't remember his name) who stayed in the attic said something to the effect that the ghost "really doesn't like men," Mr. Wanna snarked that they really wouldn't be able to tell because there were no men there that night. What could I say? He was correct.

The good news is that he has been won over by the pure comedy gold that is this show, so at least I won't have to spend every Friday night enjoying my secret TV shame alone anymore.

Igelchen

Igelchen

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2008 @ 5:11 PM

I'm so glad I found this forum. I watched the show last night for the first time and was totally baffled as to when Epsilon Tau Douche got a ghost-hunting show. Could anyone make out those EVPs? All I heard was static. And the "lab?" Oh yes, when I have a ghost problem in my house, I'm going to call the P.I.M.P.S. What are they going to do? Spike the ghost's drink with Everclear and take it back to their house?

Sorry for the grouchy post, but this show is so ridiculous, it deserves to be bashed.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2008 @ 6:25 PM

Epsilon Tau Douche

BWAH!!

I will say this...that place last night was thoroughly creepy. No way I'd want to be locked in there all night.
I couldn't make anything out of those EVP's either. They sounded like static to me also.
There are no words for the tramp stamp of Sloss furnace on the one woman. Wow.

gl_shark

gl_shark

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 17, 2008 @ 3:06 PM

that guy needs to quit being a dick to ghosts

It must be my cold medicine kicking in, but the phrase "being a dick to ghosts" just cracks me up. I can imagine someone asking these guys what they do for fun, " Sometimes I like to go to haunted places and just be a real dick to the ghosts".

Edited by gl_shark, Nov 17, 2008 @ 3:07 PM.

Big Machine

Big Machine

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 22, 2008 @ 12:31 AM

I'm watching the Sloss episode again, and I honestly feel that the first half hour is the most hilariously self-unaware production ever. Between the local "paranormal investigator" (kid who sneaks into haunted places) and Extreme Neckbeard the Night Watchmen, there is a cloud of oblivious swarming this entire show.

Zak: "It's not even full dark yet and you guys are waking up!" An intellectual juggernaut.

msbeesknees

msbeesknees

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 22, 2008 @ 1:05 AM

Big Machine, I love you.

That was the funniest, most DEAD ON post I've read about this show. Those three guys are seriously dumber than a sack of wet mice. The things they say candidly in between their signature "dudes" and "bros" and "big times" I can only liken to chewing tin foil.